HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs & Wheeling Nailers 2013-2014 "No more Stortini" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2013, 04:20 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger03 View Post
Any online links to the game?
http://www.drakulastream.eu/static/p...404341410.html

Old
10-20-2013, 06:58 PM
TroyM

vCash: 500
Dogs lost 2-1 to the Marlies tonight to drop to 1-1-2. Mayer was in net, he looked quite good. Very steady. Not sure if Waite works with him as much but had a few very confident "Carey" gloves and played a good game. Not saying he was world beating but just more than I expect from him, which is very little.

Starting line up was;

Tarnasky-Dumont-Blunden
Andrighetto-Holland-Duffy
Nystrom-Macenauer-Aliu
Courtnall-Nattinen-Leblanc

Beaulieu-Pateryn
Schiestel-Nygren
Chouinard-Dietz

PP;

Tarnasky-Dumont-Blunden
Andrighetto-Duffy-Aliu

Beaulieu-Pateryn/Nygren
Schiestel-Pateryn/Nygren

Dogs looked pretty listless, but lots of penalties too. Not unlike our Habs last night. Hard to get anything going, got their first shot of the 2nd period at 15 mins in I think, yeesh. Mayer held them in as much as he can.

For forwards I think Aliu, Ghetto, and the top line of muckers and grinders were the best through 2. Aliu showed a lot of speed, that stood out to me and tons of hustle and tenacity. The puck found him a lot too. Didn't expect anything from him, so a good showing for my first time really paying attention to him. Leblanc showed a couple nice plays and some tenacity too but not much came out of it and usually he was buzzing around and noticeable but never touching the puck or even contacting opponents often, just buzzing around but he does have speed.

Top D pair was obviously a step ahead of the play many times IMO, very solid showing but not without a few flaws as in any losing game with hardly any shots. Nygren and Dietz also looked good, liked Nygren's play with the puck, smooth and great passing. Dietz showed more good speed and some aggression, I like him as a rookie. Seems to get decked a lot but hopefully just coincidence, otherwise he may need to learn to protect himself against bigger opposition. Schiestel and Chouinard both looked solid to me as well as guys I'd never seen before and had no opinion on. Schiestel brought some more offensive flash of the two and looked good carrying and distributing. Chouinard stood out less but that's not bad for D. Mind you I have way more of a mind for the offensive side of the game so my opinion on D stems mostly from puck carrying, distribution, skating, etc than positioning.

In the third lines changed up, Leblanc moved with Dumont-Tarnasky, Blunden went with I think Holland and Ghetto. Blunden scored off a strong mid height wrister when the puck was turned over right to him in the slot with no coverage. Unassisted, just a good shot from the slot on a quick opportunity. The offense turned it up a bit but couldn't bury anything, a real nice flurry at the end but it wasn't meant to be. Pateryn really drove things near the end on a few plays too, he wanted it. A solid third from the Dogs after a disappointing first two frames.

Old
10-20-2013, 08:29 PM
HabsGoldenAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
Dogs lost 2-1 to the Marlies tonight to drop to 1-1-2. Mayer was in net, he looked quite good. Very steady. Not sure if Waite works with him as much but had a few very confident "Carey" gloves and played a good game. Not saying he was world beating but just more than I expect from him, which is very little.

Starting line up was;

Tarnasky-Dumont-Blunden
Andrighetto-Holland-Duffy
Nystrom-Macenauer-Aliu
Courtnall-Nattinen-Leblanc

Beaulieu-Pateryn
Schiestel-Nygren
Chouinard-Dietz

PP;

Tarnasky-Dumont-Blunden
Andrighetto-Duffy-Aliu

Beaulieu-Pateryn/Nygren
Schiestel-Pateryn/Nygren

Dogs looked pretty listless, but lots of penalties too. Not unlike our Habs last night. Hard to get anything going, got their first shot of the 2nd period at 15 mins in I think, yeesh. Mayer held them in as much as he can.

For forwards I think Aliu, Ghetto, and the top line of muckers and grinders were the best through 2. Aliu showed a lot of speed, that stood out to me and tons of hustle and tenacity. The puck found him a lot too. Didn't expect anything from him, so a good showing for my first time really paying attention to him. Leblanc showed a couple nice plays and some tenacity too but not much came out of it and usually he was buzzing around and noticeable but never touching the puck or even contacting opponents often, just buzzing around but he does have speed.

Top D pair was obviously a step ahead of the play many times IMO, very solid showing but not without a few flaws as in any losing game with hardly any shots. Nygren and Dietz also looked good, liked Nygren's play with the puck, smooth and great passing. Dietz showed more good speed and some aggression, I like him as a rookie. Seems to get decked a lot but hopefully just coincidence, otherwise he may need to learn to protect himself against bigger opposition. Schiestel and Chouinard both looked solid to me as well as guys I'd never seen before and had no opinion on. Schiestel brought some more offensive flash of the two and looked good carrying and distributing. Chouinard stood out less but that's not bad for D. Mind you I have way more of a mind for the offensive side of the game so my opinion on D stems mostly from puck carrying, distribution, skating, etc than positioning.

In the third lines changed up, Leblanc moved with Dumont-Tarnasky, Blunden went with I think Holland and Ghetto. Blunden scored off a strong mid height wrister when the puck was turned over right to him in the slot with no coverage. Unassisted, just a good shot from the slot on a quick opportunity. The offense turned it up a bit but couldn't bury anything, a real nice flurry at the end but it wasn't meant to be. Pateryn really drove things near the end on a few plays too, he wanted it. A solid third from the Dogs after a disappointing first two frames.

Thank you! Awesome report

Old
10-20-2013, 11:24 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

What is wrong with Morgan Ellis? He hasn't played in like a month if you include Habs camp...

Old
10-20-2013, 11:32 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
What is wrong with Morgan Ellis? He hasn't played in like a month if you include Habs camp...
Injured in Bulldog's camp.

Old
10-21-2013, 04:33 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

He's a healthy scratch, not injured.

Old
10-21-2013, 08:31 AM
BrimStone64

Morgan Ellis been healthy scratch last 3 games. He's having trouble adapting to pro game. Been passed by Nygren, Dietz, Pateryn on depth charts. His NHL career not looking as bright as it did 1 1/2 year ago. SL wants to ice 3 veteran d-man each game which explains some of his benching though.

Pateryn been getting big minutes, close to 30 minutes and responding well. His NHL career is on track.

Nygren been most impressive to start the year. Has a good shot and not afraid to play the body. Could be Habs surprise prospect this year. He had a terrible training camp but is now coming around. He says took him a bit to acclimate to smaller ice.

Habs keeps Mayer around because he is good with younger players and leader in dressing room. Potential coach someday.

Leblanc had bad first game but playing better. Was on 4th line against Lake Erie, which looked impressive as they scored 2 goals in third period to tie the game. SL says he needs to take the lazy hooks, stupid offensive zone penalties, etc... out of his game. SL wants to see more effort over prolonged period of time.

Blunden had lead as most likely first callup but is injured, day-to-day.

Thomas who had a training camp injury is still not recovered and yet to play.

Last edited by BrimStone64: 10-21-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old
10-21-2013, 09:55 AM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Morgan Ellis been healthy scratch last 3 games. He's having trouble adapting to pro game. Been passed by Nygren, Dietz, Pateryn on depth charts. His NHL career not looking as bright as it did 1 1/2 year ago. SL wants to ice 3 veteran d-man each game which explains some of his benching though.

Pateryn been getting big minutes, close to 30 minutes and responding well. His NHL career is on track.

Nygren been most impressive to start the year. Has a good shot and not afraid to play the body. Could be Habs surprise prospect this year. He had a terrible training camp but is now coming around. He says took him a bit to acclimate to smaller ice.

Habs keeps Mayer around because he is good with younger players and leader in dressing room. Potential coach someday.

Leblanc had bad first game but playing better. Was on 4th line against Lake Erie, which looked impressive as they scored 2 goals in third period to tie the game. SL says he needs to take the lazy hooks, stupid offensive zone penalties, etc... out of his game. SL wants to see more effort over prolonged period of time.

Blunden had lead as most likely first callup but is injured, day-to-day.

Thomas who had a training camp injury is still not recovered and yet to play.
Thanks Mats86

Old
10-21-2013, 11:44 AM
Mrb1p

So LL is on the fourth line because he plays bad ... Or because someone in this organization is not doing his job ? Rhetorical question, don't answer.

Old
10-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

He was on the first line for three games. He was invisible.

Old
10-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Et le But

Leblanc isn't doing himself any favors, but Lefebvre is developing an atrocious track record when it comes to helping the confidence of forwards.

Old
10-21-2013, 12:18 PM
Madevilz

damn Nygren looks like he's in his 30s

Old
10-21-2013, 01:20 PM
BrimStone64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Leblanc isn't doing himself any favors, but Lefebvre is developing an atrocious track record when it comes to helping the confidence of forwards.
The team didn't have a good year last year but did develop a fair amount of NHLers. Bournival, Gallagher and possibly Dumont and Holland may make it from a bad team. Have to give him credit that isn't bad. Plus their possible 2 or 3 d-men under him who should make NHLers someday. They are focusing on developing players more than wins and losses.

Last edited by BrimStone64: 10-21-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old
10-21-2013, 01:36 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post

He always reminds me of Super Macho Man from Punchout.

Old
10-21-2013, 02:11 PM
Rikiki Bousquet

In some of the Dogs last games, I thought that all four of our prospects in D showed interesting stuff.

Beaulieu, while still being very raw, reminded me of a young PK with his rushes. His pass to Leblanc in the third period was really a nice play. As for Dietz, I was impressed by his physical power as he didn't look at all intimidated by opponents who were often much more older than him. Nyren, now, was the one who made the best impression in my eyes, maybe because I still have doubts on whether or not his style could still be effective on NA rinks. While you clearly see that he has things to work on, his poise and and calm are reassuring for fan's eyes. His shot is exactly what we thought it would be, and it seems he's pretty effective with it.

At the very least this team is more interesting than last year's, but, honestly, I'd be interested to see what a complete Hamilton squad might do, with the potential return of Tinordi, Saint-Pierre and Thomas.

The only thing I still don't like about this team is it's coach. I just find some of his decisions so odd...

Old
10-21-2013, 02:20 PM
BrimStone64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
He was on the first line for three games. He was invisible.
He said he put him on 4th line in third period of Lake Erie game. The line played well together scored 2 goals, tied the game which Bulldogs lost in a shoot-out.

Old
10-21-2013, 03:04 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post

He reminds me of

Old
10-21-2013, 04:02 PM
Mrb1p

Pretty sure it makes sense to totally destroy a good prospect to develop the likes of Tarnasky, Blunden, Dumont, Duffy, Macenauer and Aliu.

Old
10-21-2013, 04:20 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Pretty sure it makes sense to totally destroy a good prospect to develop the likes of Tarnasky, Blunden, Dumont, Duffy, Macenauer and Aliu.
Zero of those guys have been getting more ice time than Leblanc. Aside from Dumont who has been on the same line.

Old
10-21-2013, 04:40 PM
Haaabs

AHL doesnt keep TOI stats, to me it looked like those guys did get more shifts. Maybe Leblanc was just invisible.

Old
10-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Now that Orlando have their two regular goaltenders (John Curry and Christopher Gibson), Peter Delmas will have to find a new team

http://www.echl.com/echl-transactions-oct-21-p187972

He has been "technically" recalled by Montreal and he'll likely be reassigned somewhere else in the ECHL or CHL.

Old
10-21-2013, 06:21 PM
yoyo999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Leblanc is finished with this organization. Have you watched him play in the AHL? Giving him 20 mins on the first line will not help his case, nor will it help the Bulldogs or the Habs.

Old
10-21-2013, 06:38 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo999 View Post
Leblanc is finished with this organization. Have you watched him play in the AHL? Giving him 20 mins on the first line will not help his case, nor will it help the Bulldogs or the Habs.
The AHL is a ''farm'' club. You need to let your players grow there, not mediocre calibre hockey players that have no future. (St-Pierre, Tarnasky, Dumont, Macenauer, Duffy, Aliu and Blunden)

Old
10-21-2013, 06:45 PM

Who's the "fighter" for the Bulldogs? I see Tarnasky has 0 fights.

Old
10-21-2013, 06:46 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Who's the "fighter" for the Bulldogs? I see Tarnasky has 0 fights.
He's too busy scoring goals, but him, aliu and some others can drop them.

Closed Thread