HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

St. Louis Blues @ Winnipeg Jets | FSMW - TSN - Y98 FM | 7:00 PM CST

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2013, 06:26 PM
bluesman11
Robert Johnson

vCash: 500
I do believe The Blues are considered a top team, and they're going to continue to see every teams best effort.

I also believe they're vulnerable to pressure, I don't considered them to be great with their overall puck possession. I believe it could be who they are and the one thing I hoped to see improve. But it doesn't seem like it will be fixed with this group mostly because it's really not their strength and when you take in to account they're not real fast I don't believe other teams need to fear this part of their game.

This why I believe strong starts are so important, then continue their forecheck to add and protect leads. They're just not a slick passing puck moving team, they'll have their games where it will appears they're better at this but it's not their game. This comes back to my original point they're vulnerable to pressure. I believe they need to have a better understanding of this and even though this was a back to back, I don't believe they should lose games like this.

Old
10-21-2013, 06:28 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Sobotka was by far the worst choice. The other guys are at least skilled top 6 players.

I don't know what the hell Berglund's deal is in the shootout but isn't he like 3 for 3 on penalty shots or something?
I think Sobotka has some knowledge of Pavelec (sp) based on their national team experience. I think it was a reasonable choice, but obviously didn't work out.

Old
10-21-2013, 09:35 PM
BlueBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceNine View Post
lol
It looked better in print than thigh "rises", otherwise the humor is lost on me

Old
10-22-2013, 01:46 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
I think Sobotka has some knowledge of Pavelec (sp) based on their national team experience. I think it was a reasonable choice, but obviosly didn't work out.
Sobotka's move had Pavelec beat, he just failed to elevate the puck. There is a rhyme and a reason to who Hitchcock puts in the shoot-out, and I'm glad salary isn't the main factor.

Old
10-22-2013, 10:26 AM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
I'm just disappointed we didn't send out Reaves to counter Peluso.

Closed Thread