HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Patrick Holland and Mike Blunden Called Up (UPD: And Nathan Beaulieu)

Old
10-21-2013, 12:55 PM
muzion

vCash: 500
I don't see it with Holland. Soft playmakers who are not good enough for the top 6 don't last in the NHL.

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 01:02 PM
Runner77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
If Holland can work on his faceoffs I could see him turning into what Halpern was for us in 2011. A smart player who does the little things right defensively and is a decent playmaker.
Does a lot of little things well but is not exceptional in most facets (reminds me of the comments typically made about Pateryn).

May be a 4th liner shutdown-type or at best, a third liner. His 2011-12 season in Tri-City had him post huge passing numbers, but some say a lot of that may be attributable to the two overagers on his line. Would be interesting to find out if with an extra season in Hamilton, he can display the same or similar quality passing game he put up in the minors. I'm assuming he's only going to be here as a stopgap, for the very short-term.

Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 01:32 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
You know before you make such claims you should do a little bit of homework. It would make you look like you know what you're talking about.

Gregoire - Q - 13 games - 22 points
Hudon - Q - 14 games - 16 points
Vail - OHL - 11 games - 12 points
Crisp - OHL - 11 games - 13 points
Thrower ( D-man) WHL - 7 games - 7 points
Lehkonen- SM Liiga -14 games - 10 points
McCarron - OHL - 9 games - 5 points
Reway - Q - 10 games - 8 points
Still early. Gregoire is dominating, but that's about it. We'll see. I allready know that in the end of the day, I'll be right. You honnestly think that all these players will have some sort of impact at the NHL level? That would be too good to be true. 1 may have an impact, 2 may be role player, and the rest will probably be bust, AHLer or Europeen leaguers, or in the best case scenario have a cup of coffee in the NHL. It's always like that.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 01:44 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
You know before you make such claims you should do a little bit of homework. It would make you look like you know what you're talking about.

Gregoire! unexpected

McCarron's stats are disappointing

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 01:45 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Gauthier is the reason we have Eller, and Gallagher was drafted under him.
Eller he deserves credit for trading for.

Gallagher was the scouting staff. He was a fifth rounder.

Credit him for Bourque or Bournival if you want. Heck credit him for Galchenyuk since he divebombed the team in 11-12 and made every decision possible to make the team a bottom three NHL club.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 05:11 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:

Collberg and De la Rose are also at the top of their age group in the Swedish ranks, playing against men. So "only" 10 prospects doing really well outside of the AHL this year.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 05:30 PM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
so Danny Kristo has 4 goals 3 assists 7 points in 6 games in the AHL so far.
That hurts And yet again we get burned by NYR in a trade.

Note to future Habs GM's: DO NOT TRADE WITH NYR.

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 05:35 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Collberg and De la Rose are also at the top of their age group in the Swedish ranks, playing against men. So "only" 10 prospects doing really well outside of the AHL this year.
That's what I meant by overrating... Very very few of these prospects will be impact players. 1 or 2 at best.

Old
10-21-2013, 05:38 PM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

vCash: 50
" Patrick Holland and Mike Blunden Called Up "

I cried.

10-21-2013, 05:45 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Despite all that you wrote, reality is that we do not have adequate forward depth. Lets hope Holland plays well during this callup.
So you're pretending not to have seen my post with SIX young players playing tonight (not including Blunden, Diaz and Bourque) who were all acquired by Gauthier?

Here's my post again, in case you missed it SouthernHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Ah yes, you mean:

On the team today, acquired over two seasons is clearly not enough over TWO DRAFTS. Of course we're not going to count Galchenyuk, are we

Once again buddy, you're wrong. So outrageously wrong that you only expose yourself. Keep at it, it's very entertaining - what was it about Subban you said? That he was unfit to wear the jersey since he was being so selfish? Pretty radical opinion you had there.
I realize how obnoxious this is but false narratives and blatant lying is worse. No one wants Gauthier back but to say that this team was left in shambles is an outright lie - by all statistical measures we underperformed in the tank year and by the trade deadline we were just gutted of talent and injured. This organization over the past three years has done a fantastic job of bringing in loads of young players and getting them to perform at a very high level.

We have a good, great, team that is balanced and deep - it's what Bergevin does from here on out which is the question - does he implore on Therrien to rein in the fast and loose defense? Does he try to get a competent penalty kill? Does he finally trade some quantity for some quality? We lack scorers on the wings - should we make a move for a cheap, maligned winger? How can we bring a physical, net-crashing Cole-like element to the top6 again?

These aren't easy question but it's not like Bergevin has much else to deal with - he inherited a really good situation and has only done it harm with the Desharnais and Briere contracts.

Last edited by WhiskeySeven: 10-21-2013 at 05:53 PM.
WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 05:50 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
That's what I meant by overrating... Very very few of these prospects will be impact players. 1 or 2 at best.
Certainly true, depending on the definition of "impact" of course. The numbers historically bear it out though (only 1 or 2 "good" players found per draft, let alone "stars"), you're right. But we have 5 years' worth of drafted prospects ready to break through (from the Leblanc/Dumont/Bennett group in '09 to some of the youngsters we're talking about from last year), so it's not unreasonable to expect more than just 1 or 2 from our entire current prospect list to measure at least somewhere semi-relevant on the "impact scale".

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 05:52 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Beaulieu called up as well

http://hamiltonbulldogs.com/pressbox...article_id=482

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 05:54 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Just prooves that up front, there's a big gap there. We have NOTHING who is close to be ready.

And that's the effect of subpar drafts for forwards by my MVP from 2008 to 2011. Not entirely his fault....didn't have a lot of picks to use in 2008 and 2010 and Kristo was traded....At one point, we had to pay for these years....and that point has come.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 06:05 PM
JusticeBeaver
Twitter: @gar****al

Lol love these crystal ball comments

"Two nobodies, AHL bla bla, lost Kristo trade, overrated prospects"

and yet I still come back here

JusticeBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 06:05 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Well, this is what happens when you promote your best prospects ASAP and bring in extremely old, fragile vets like Briere to compliment them. You can't have it both ways - this team promoted the best prospects over the past year, where are equivalents supposed to come from? Say what you want about Gauthier but the only reason we have guys like Bournival and Holland to promote right now is from his trades.
That is very short sighted.

The Montreal Canadiens are an organization. The players on the ice for the Habs are the most important component of the organization. But its not the only component of the orgainzation.

The short sightedness of your post and Gauthier's regime was that he had no vision for the future. And we are living in that reality right now. Hamilton is very very thin this season. Hamilton was bare last season. And to be a successful GM, you CANNOT allow that to happen. You must manage the big club and you must manage the future as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Your irrational hate for Gauthier is really strange. I sense it is not simply a hockey thing.
Its all hockey. Gauthier hired Martin, (who I despised as much as Gauthier) and wasted three years of my life watching futility. And now it will take a few more years to overcome the Gauthier fiasco and ineptitude before the Habs compete for a Cup.

You might not mind finishing in last place in the East. I didnt like it one bit.

But feel free to rehab and pump up Gauthier if it makes you feel better about our losing ways in the past.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 06:06 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
MICHAEL BLUNDEN IS BACK!!!!!!

yesssss

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 06:06 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Just prooves that up front, there's a big gap there. We have NOTHING who is close to be ready.

And that's the effect of subpar drafts for forwards by my MVP from 2008 to 2011. Not entirely his fault....didn't have a lot of picks to use in 2008 and 2010 and Kristo was traded....At one point, we had to pay for these years....and that point has come.
Who were our GM and Asst GM again during that period?

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 06:12 PM
JohnLennon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
The odds are in your favor, because most drafted players don't turn into much. But you can't simply make a sweeping estimate like that and pass it off as if it's fact...

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 06:13 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Certainly true, depending on the definition of "impact" of course. The numbers historically bear it out though (only 1 or 2 "good" players found per draft, let alone "stars"), you're right. But we have 5 years' worth of drafted prospects ready to break through (from the Leblanc/Dumont/Bennett group in '09 to some of the youngsters we're talking about from last year), so it's not unreasonable to expect more than just 1 or 2 from our entire current prospect list to measure at least somewhere semi-relevant on the "impact scale".
True, that could be close to realistic. But remember that all what you guys say here has allready been said of players like D'Agostini, Perezhoghin, Trunev, Millroy, Maxwell, White, Chipchura, and so on. Very few make it. And fewer have a real impact on a team.

Old
10-21-2013, 06:19 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Leblanc's stock is quickly plummeting. I hope Holland works out - another Gauthier steal
That Cammalleri trade looks even a bit better now that Holland is appearing in a Canadien uniform.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
My first thoughts.. Poor Aleksandra Wozniak
Lol. What a strange couple.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 06:24 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Glad to see Beaulieu back up

JayKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 06:24 PM
DAChampion

Prust, Pacioretty, Briere, Parros are all simultaneously injured, our top forward prspect in Hamilton (Thomas) is injured, and we have Blunden and Holland to call up.

I like the depth in this organization.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 06:29 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 50
Thomas is not our top forward prospect.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 06:31 PM
Teufelsdreck