HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Time to rebuild.....

Old
10-21-2013, 07:48 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04' hockey View Post
Can you imagine the calls Homer's getting for our #1 next year

I'm telling you he's gonna piss it away for very short term gain

I honestly don't think Homer will be here after the years up regardless of what the outcome is. The fact that he begged Hextall to come back seems to me that he knows his time is coming to an end.

Even if he was & we ended with the #1 pick he wouldn't trade it unless it was for a massive return. That's just being extremely pessimistic.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 07:59 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04' hockey View Post
Can you imagine the calls Homer's getting for our #1 next year

I'm telling you he's gonna piss it away for very short term gain

Doubt it. People can rip on Holmgren all they want, but he's not going to move a valuable asset like a high first round choice for a short term fix. For instance, I very much doubt that Holmgren moves the first round pick for someone like Vanek. You're more likely to see Holmgren move that pick if it meant landing a talent like an Oliver Ekman-Larson or Drew Doughty. The chances of that happening though are slim and next to none.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 08:10 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

I think the team just has to play its way out of this mire. Hartnell is a 20-30 goal scorer. Giroux is a 20-30 goal scorer. Simmonds is a 20-30 goal scorer. Voracek is a 20 goal scorer. Eventually, some of these guys will have to score. I don't even see how any one trade could fix the problem.

Are there any top prospects coming out this year? It figures the year the Flyers stink, there is no MacKinnon, Jones, or Drouin.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:02 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
I think the team just has to play its way out of this mire. Hartnell is a 20-30 goal scorer. Giroux is a 20-30 goal scorer. Simmonds is a 20-30 goal scorer. Voracek is a 20 goal scorer. Eventually, some of these guys will have to score. I don't even see how any one trade could fix the problem.

Are there any top prospects coming out this year? It figures the year the Flyers stink, there is no MacKinnon, Jones, or Drouin.
Aaron Ekblad. First defenseman to receive exceptional player status and first player to receive the honor overall since Tavares. Kid is going to be a stud and IMO could be a better player than Seth Jones.

Idk what all this talk about Reinhart going first overall are about. Idk what people are watching, because Ekblad is the better player. Reinhart is going to be a great player as well, but I think you'd be crazy to take him over Ekblad.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:17 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Aaron Ekblad. First defenseman to receive exceptional player status and first player to receive the honor overall since Tavares. Kid is going to be a stud and IMO could be a better player than Seth Jones.

Idk what all this talk about Reinhart going first overall are about. Idk what people are watching, because Ekblad is the better player. Reinhart is going to be a great player as well, but I think you'd be crazy to take him over Ekblad.
Reinhart is nearly averaging a 2PPG pace as a draft eligible player in the WHL right now, seeing as he's ranked 1st by almost every scouting service right now leads me to believe its justified.

Old
10-21-2013, 09:38 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Reinhart is nearly averaging a 2PPG pace as a draft eligible player in the WHL right now, seeing as he's ranked 1st by almost every scouting service right now leads me to believe its justified.
Ekblad scored 29 points as a 15 year old, 34 as a 16 year old and is on pace for ~50 points as a 17 year old defenseman on a bad team. Not to mention he has great size and is already pretty polished all around with a stellar hockey iq. Reinhart is a great player and I think he's ranked #1 by almost every outlet for the fact that he's a C and recent trends show that teams have tended to go forward with the number 1 pick.

Ekblad was given EPS for a reason, and I think he's a bonafide #1 defenseman in the making. I like his game more than jones actually.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:46 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Ekblad was given EPS for a reason, and I think he's a bonafide #1 defenseman in the making. I like his game more than jones actually.
I don't Jones is more polished offensively. Jones also made team USA U-20 team for the WJC's two years before his draft year (he didn't play because he got hurt in a pre-tournament game but he was going to be on the roster). Jones was just unfortunate to end up in a stacked draft class.

Old
10-22-2013, 12:10 AM
jabba2
Just say no to Clowe

Too many NTC's for an effective rebuild, but they should try and unload some salary. This is a disappointing team on every level except Goalie. I'm happy Berube has been reportedly working them hard in practice. They deserve it. They also need to really improve their breakouts.

jabba2 is offline   Reply With Quote