Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Rangers Sign Peter Tsimikalis

Old
12-08-2006, 01:55 PM
Superfly Jimmy Snuka

vCash: 500
Rangers Sign Peter Tsimikalis

So the Gennies really messed this one up huge by holding onto Di Rienzo for too long and released Peters rights and now the Rangers have scooped him up from free agency.......Good move for them

Link:

http://www.kitchenerrangers.com/NewsStory.aspx?ID=940

A guy who netted 99 points last season is a welcomed addition to any team.

Superfly Jimmy Snuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 02:49 PM
toomanymen

That definitely won't hurt the Rangers. I'm hoping to hear a Knights announcement soon re: Kevin Montgomery from OSU. Let the games begin.

toomanymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 02:50 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Tsimikalis-Halischuk sounds just about as good as it gets.

Kitchener does have a dilemma though. They have to trade or release an OA in the next little while (JM Rizk, Kevin Henderson, or Victor Oreskovich).

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 03:15 PM
hockeyprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly Jimmy Snuka View Post
So the Gennies really messed this one up huge by holding onto Di Rienzo for too long and released Peters rights and now the Rangers have scooped him up from free agency.......Good move for them

Link:

http://www.kitchenerrangers.com/NewsStory.aspx?ID=940

A guy who netted 99 points last season is a welcomed addition to any team.
how the hell does this happen?!!!!!

hockeyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 04:00 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Tsimikalis-Halischuk sounds just about as good as it gets.

Kitchener does have a dilemma though. They have to trade or release an OA in the next little while (JM Rizk, Kevin Henderson, or Victor Oreskovich).
What's happening with VO now? I thought Kitchener had already cut their losses with that guy.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 06:03 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
What's happening with VO now? I thought Kitchener had already cut their losses with that guy.
He's been back with the team for about 10 days, and has been playing really well. I don't know which of the OA's will be shipped out. Henderson has been playing way above expectations, JM Rizk is the captain and playing well, and VO is a wildcard. I could see Tsimikalis and VO matching up well.

Ah well... it's never boring in Kitchener!

Old
12-08-2006, 06:04 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyprincess View Post
how the hell does this happen?!!!!!
A team signing a free agent isn't all that surprising. Especially one who wasn't expected back in the league. It might have been a mistake by Sellwood, but in his defense, no one on earth expected Tsimikalis back.

Old
12-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Superfly Jimmy Snuka

id expect VO to be released or traded to a team that has a OA spot open. This is just bad man-management by Selwood....Di Rienzo was simply held on to for too long. Who would you rather have Belan or Di Rienzo vs Peter.....I take the guy whos actually put up points in the OHL, dont get me wrong I like what Belan brings to the checking line on the Gennies but hes not nearly as good as Peter.

I just find it hard to swallow at this point that the Gens could have another option up front but Selwood messed up again

Superfly Jimmy Snuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 10:24 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

It's a hard call. VO played on a line with Tsimikalis tonight, and they looked pretty good together, considering it was their first game and they wouldn't have had much time at all during practice today.

Rizk sat out tonight - I expect he'll play tomorrow and one of the other three will sit.

Deboer does have the luxury of a little time to make a deal that works for the team. I can see him packaging one of the extra forwards, plus an OA and maybe a pick or two to get a solid defenseman over the next few weeks.

Old
12-08-2006, 11:06 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Deboer does have the luxury of a little time to make a deal that works for the team. I can see him packaging one of the extra forwards, plus an OA and maybe a pick or two to get a solid defenseman over the next few weeks.
With the extra scoring that Tsimikalis gives you, the Rangers could go for it. *cough* Parent *cough*

Old
12-08-2006, 11:39 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
With the extra scoring that Tsimikalis gives you, the Rangers could go for it. *cough* Parent *cough*
I heard his name more than a few times tonight in Kitchener. I'd love to see him in Kitchener, but it'll depend on his asking price (which I imagine will be very high, but could be well worth it).

I don't think there's any doubt now that PD is going for it this year. Kitchener has the goaltending, good forwards, and a pretty good defense. A Parent-type player is really the only missing part.

The next few weeks will be interesting though - two of the top defensemen are gone to the World Juniors, and a third was injured tonight and is expected to be out at least until Christmas.

Old
12-09-2006, 12:21 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
I heard his name more than a few times tonight in Kitchener. I'd love to see him in Kitchener, but it'll depend on his asking price (which I imagine will be very high, but could be well worth it).

I don't think there's any doubt now that PD is going for it this year. Kitchener has the goaltending, good forwards, and a pretty good defense. A Parent-type player is really the only missing part.

The next few weeks will be interesting though - two of the top defensemen are gone to the World Juniors, and a third was injured tonight and is expected to be out at least until Christmas.
Parent is gone as well, so even if a trade was consumated tomorrow, he wouldn't help at all. For teams with good players, this time of year is tricky. If you lose your best players to the WJC, the team can go in a tail-spin for the next month and your whole plan changes.

Old
12-09-2006, 12:27 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Parent is gone as well, so even if a trade was consumated tomorrow, he wouldn't help at all. For teams with good players, this time of year is tricky. If you lose your best players to the WJC, the team can go in a tail-spin for the next month and your whole plan changes.
True enough, but Parent for the run from January would be just fine! Hopefully the young defenseman can hold the fort until Kindl and Weber return.

Old
12-09-2006, 01:22 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
True enough, but Parent for the run from January would be just fine! Hopefully the young defenseman can hold the fort until Kindl and Weber return.
It probably won't happen. Barr has already said Parent will finish his career as captain of the Storm. However, from the perspective of a rebuilding franchise, you could score one or two essential pieces for down the road plus a couple high picks with a guy like Parent. I can't believe he wouldn't even listen to offers.