HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

St. Louis Blues have prospects to watch across all levels in 2013-14

Old
10-12-2013, 11:00 AM
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
St. Louis Blues have prospects to watch across all levels in 2013-14

The St. Louis Blues have had tremendous success in finding talented prospects at all levels of hockey. Vladimir Tarasenko and Jaden Schwartz are two great examples of the Blues’ ability to locate talent at different in different parts of the world.

Tarasenko is one of the most offensively gifted prospects in the NHL and was drafted out of the KHL. Schwartz, a very talented two-way forward, was drafted out of the USHL before spending two years at Colorado College. While there are some holes in the Blues’ system, they continue to produce quality players for the pros and replenish the pipeline through the draft.… read more

More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 11:57 AM
Robb_K

Strange article, as Saari and Pochiro are listed, as well as Tarasenko and Schwartz(the latter 2 will "graduate" early this season), but Rattie and Jaskin are not included.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:35 AM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

I finally got to see schmaltz play in person this weekend. (i work with the miami redhawks). and he looks really good. He's bigger than i thought and very nimble on his skates. Moves very fluidly and has that demeanor of a defensemen that can dominate the game, also made alot of very quick smart passes and didn't turn the puck over. I'm very excited to see what he does and to see what happens by the time shatty's contract is up because this guy has really impressed me.

STLBLUES44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 10:19 AM
tfriede2

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post
I finally got to see schmaltz play in person this weekend. (i work with the miami redhawks). and he looks really good. He's bigger than i thought and very nimble on his skates. Moves very fluidly and has that demeanor of a defensemen that can dominate the game, also made alot of very quick smart passes and didn't turn the puck over. I'm very excited to see what he does and to see what happens by the time shatty's contract is up because this guy has really impressed me.
Impossible. He's a bust, and according to many Blues fans, the Blues were stupid to pick another d-man in the first round.

tfriede2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 10:53 AM
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual

Quote:
Is he no longer avoiding contact at all costs? My largest issue (by far) was him playing as though he was made of glass and avoiding physical contact at every opportunity.

Schmaltz always did have the skill-set and size to potentially be a very strong NHL defenseman. If the UND coaches can get him to cease jumping at his own shadow then the Blues made a very good pick.

Multimoodia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 03:46 PM
Kasparov

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfriede2 View Post
Impossible. He's a bust, and according to many Blues fans, the Blues were stupid to pick another d-man in the first round.
( i wanted them to take Guance. so bad. so so bad.

can't speak too much on the kid though. happy to hear he had a good game and hopeful he progresses.

Kasparov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 03:55 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Thanks for the update! Sounds good.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 12:40 AM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

didn't lay any bonecrushing hits but he certainly didn't shy away from contact in the corners or anything. I loved his vision and his ability to make quick smart passes especially cross ice passes. Also, st.LOuis native Michael Parks who i played with a bit growing up looked very good as well and looks like he'll have a big year witn Nodak

STLBLUES44 is offline   Reply With Quote