HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Mark Jankowski - Providence College, HE (2012, 21st overall, Calgary)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-20-2013, 06:25 PM
  #701
mrdonkey
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by old time hockey4 View Post
Where's the hate in that post? He put up a couple of points against a terrible team.

That goal is a beauty, and reminds me of the highlights everyone saw of him before the 2012 draft, hopefully it's a sign to come that he's getting his mojo back, but until we start seeing moves like that against actual competition there's no reason to get too excited over a 2 point game.
Just my interpretation, but bringing up the fact that it was a 10-4 win against a terrible team suggests sarcasm. Like only getting a couple points in such a lopsided game is not worth getting excited about.

I have just immediately come to expect that anything said about Jankowski on these forums is either an exercise to downplay him, or be some kind of comedian.

mrdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2013, 06:41 PM
  #702
Ashasx
Registered User
 
Ashasx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,728
vCash: 500
The poster was just showing a very nice goal by Jankowski. He wasn't bragging or anything.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2013, 06:49 PM
  #703
Iggy-4-50
Registered User
 
Iggy-4-50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 5,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank Shot View Post
He's not going to get to 220. The kid is a beanpole and so is his dad. I could see him playing around 200.
What a comment!

Does his dad have professional trainers?, since he's not even an athlete the answer is probably no. Not sure why people look at the parents to determine what kind of size they'll end up with. If your driven and have a 6'4 frame 220 is easy with proper nutrition and workouts.

By all accounts Jankowski seems very driven.

Iggy-4-50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 06:40 PM
  #704
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone
 
CGYPUKSUX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hockey Purgatory
Posts: 2,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy-4-50 View Post
What a comment!

Does his dad have professional trainers?, since he's not even an athlete the answer is probably no. Not sure why people look at the parents to determine what kind of size they'll end up with. If your driven and have a 6'4 frame 220 is easy with proper nutrition and workouts.

By all accounts Jankowski seems very driven.
At Flames camp he was listed at just a hair under 6'4 and was up to 185 pounds. That was a 15 pound gain over the previous year's camp. He still has a ways to go to beef up to the level you're talking, but I think if he hits the 200-210 range he will be tough to handle. He definitely sounds driven and has said he's going to commit to the things the Flames asked of him after camp. I would look for a more feisty year from Jankowski and a lot more work in the weight room to continue his physical maturation process.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 07:45 PM
  #705
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,123
vCash: 50
If Janko can play at a PPG pace all season, we should be very happy in Calgary.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:12 PM
  #706
Bank Shot
Registered User
 
Bank Shot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy-4-50 View Post
What a comment!

Does his dad have professional trainers?, since he's not even an athlete the answer is probably no. Not sure why people look at the parents to determine what kind of size they'll end up with. If your driven and have a 6'4 frame 220 is easy with proper nutrition and workouts.

By all accounts Jankowski seems very driven.
It's not that easy to just gain 35 lbs of lean muscle mass.

Its possible, just not very likely. Most lanky NHLers have a lot of problems keeping weight on throughout the season.

Playing weight at 205 lbs like an Eric Staal seems more likely then him just exploding bulk wise to 220 lbs. The kid just isn't built like a Kopitar.

Just because you want him to reach 220 doesn't mean its going to happen.

Bank Shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:20 PM
  #707
King In The North
Sean Bennett
 
King In The North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,498
vCash: 500
205 would be realistic.

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 11:50 PM
  #708
Znith
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 187
vCash: 500
ITT people who don't lift talking about gaining muscle

Genetics play a part but not all. I was 6'3 165 at 18, now 10 years later I'm 6'3 225. It's possible to put that much on a lean frame just depends on your goals. That doesn't mean that it will equate to better hockey performance..bigger muscles does not equal faster or more goals

Znith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 11:52 PM
  #709
Kylie*
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 15
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
If Janko can play at a PPG pace all season, we should be very happy in Calgary.
I just want to see him improve on last years numbers (by a decent amount) and continue putting on weight.

Kylie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 12:58 AM
  #710
Money Baer
COYS
 
Money Baer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,700
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie View Post
I just want to see him improve on last years numbers (by a decent amount) and continue putting on weight.
Ya, me too.

I'd like to see him finish with a PPG rate minimum. So far, so good!

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 08:57 AM
  #711
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank Shot View Post
He's not going to get to 220. The kid is a beanpole and so is his dad. I could see him playing around 200.
I hope you're not serious, there are countless athletes and regular gymgoers who surpass their parents in terms of physical strength due to advancements in nutrition and training compared to years ago. Do you really think all NFL players have parents who are physical freaks?

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 09:14 AM
  #712
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable
 
Guru Meditation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
I hope you're not serious, there are countless athletes and regular gymgoers who surpass their parents in terms of physical strength due to advancements in nutrition and training compared to years ago. Do you really think all NFL players have parents who are physical freaks?
but look at Drew Miller. The guy just can't get past 170. He makes it work, though.

Guru Meditation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 09:15 AM
  #713
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
 
Patmac40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,443
vCash: 500
He'll have no trouble getting his weight up. He's been a late bloomer physically his whole life as evidenced by that ridiculous growth spurt he had.

Patmac40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 09:32 AM
  #714
Wizeman*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znith View Post
ITT people who don't lift talking about gaining muscle

Genetics play a part but not all. I was 6'3 165 at 18, now 10 years later I'm 6'3 225. It's possible to put that much on a lean frame just depends on your goals. That doesn't mean that it will equate to better hockey performance..bigger muscles does not equal faster or more goals

Is that all? You are small.

I am 6ft 8 and weigh 260 . I am 11% body fat. I have a size 14 shoe. Big feet I know. When I was 18 I was still only 6ft 4 and 190 . I was a short skinny little runt.

The only problem is some of the women I date are too fragile. I have to be very careful .

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 09:51 AM
  #715
TylerSVT*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,378
vCash: 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmac40 View Post
He'll have no trouble getting his weight up. He's been a late bloomer physically his whole life as evidenced by that ridiculous growth spurt he had.
Yea he has crazy baby-face and you can tell he is likely going to hit his "weight" at around 23-24 when his hormones slow down.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 10:25 AM
  #716
Chris Butler
Feels bad man
 
Chris Butler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,704
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogaine View Post
Is that all? You are small.

I am 6ft 8 and weigh 260 . I am 11% body fat. I have a size 14 shoe. Big feet I know. When I was 18 I was still only 6ft 4 and 190 . I was a short skinny little runt.

The only problem is some of the women I date are too fragile. I have to be very careful .
lol waht

Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 10:29 AM
  #717
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,920
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogaine View Post
Is that all? You are small.

I am 6ft 8 and weigh 260 . I am 11% body fat. I have a size 14 shoe. Big feet I know. When I was 18 I was still only 6ft 4 and 190 . I was a short skinny little runt.

The only problem is some of the women I date are too fragile. I have to be very careful .
You want a medal or something?

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 12:39 PM
  #718
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,307
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogaine View Post
Is that all? You are small.

I am 6ft 8 and weigh 260 . I am 11% body fat. I have a size 14 shoe. Big feet I know. When I was 18 I was still only 6ft 4 and 190 . I was a short skinny little runt.

The only problem is some of the women I date are too fragile. I have to be very careful .
Is that all? You are small.

I am 7ft 6 and weigh 290. I am 11% sure I'm not fat. I have a size 20 shoe. Used to have two of them but my dog took the left one as his new bed.

The only problem is the Toronto Raptors GM keeps bugging me to at least do a try out with the team and I don't even play basketball.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 12:56 PM
  #719
TylerSVT*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,378
vCash: 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogaine View Post
Is that all? You are small.

I am 6ft 8 and weigh 260 . I am 11% body fat. I have a size 14 shoe. Big feet I know. When I was 18 I was still only 6ft 4 and 190 . I was a short skinny little runt.

The only problem is some of the women I date are too fragile. I have to be very careful .
Is that all? You are small.

I am 9ft 10 and weigh 350. I am 5% body fat. I have a size 21 shoe. Big feet i know. When i was 18 i was still only 6ft 8 and 260. I was a short skinny little runt.

The only problem is some of the women i date are too fragile. I have to be very careful not to crush their puny brains with my massive size.



TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 01:00 PM
  #720
Trae
Registered User
 
Trae's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,137
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Is that all? You are small.

I am 7ft 6 and weigh 290. I am 11% sure I'm not fat. I have a size 20 shoe. Used to have two of them but my dog took the left one as his new bed.

The only problem is the Toronto Raptors GM keeps bugging me to at least do a try out with the team and I don't even play basketball.
I got a good chuckle, thank you.

I expect Janko to be around the 210 mark in his prime should he make the NHL


Last edited by Trae: 10-24-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Trae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 01:40 PM
  #721
TheDoctor10
Bigger on the inside
 
TheDoctor10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank Shot View Post
It's not that easy to just gain 35 lbs of lean muscle mass.

Its possible, just not very likely. Most lanky NHLers have a lot of problems keeping weight on throughout the season.

Playing weight at 205 lbs like an Eric Staal seems more likely then him just exploding bulk wise to 220 lbs. The kid just isn't built like a Kopitar.

Just because you want him to reach 220 doesn't mean its going to happen.
Is 205 lbs with his skillset going to be a problem? Or is he still 'megabust'?

TheDoctor10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 04:32 PM
  #722
sabresEH
Registered User
 
sabresEH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,107
vCash: 500
Has anyone seen him play this year? Or do we wanna keep talking about mens bodies.

sabresEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 09:01 PM
  #723
Signature
Robin Williams RIP
 
Signature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 4,706
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresEH View Post
Has anyone seen him play this year? Or do we wanna keep talking about mens bodies.
Definitely men's bodies. Is there something wrong with that?

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 09:09 PM
  #724
Noori
Registered User
 
Noori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,699
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
10-4 win over a terrible team, solid job putting up a couple points.
He stopped getting ice time when his team got up big. But of course it's Jankowski so any excuse to call him out or belittle him will be promptly jumped on by every hilarious HF comic.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 10:03 PM
  #725
LukeD
On Fire
 
LukeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,768
vCash: 500
Still don't know what to expect from Janko.

LukeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.