HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

Trade proposal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-05-2006, 03:54 PM
  #1
Barriecoltsfan1
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
Trade proposal

peterboruogh gets-lombardi,2n round in 07 1 round in 09,
barrie gets-daniel ryder

any thoughts

Barriecoltsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 04:41 PM
  #2
RUSqueelin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,061
vCash: 500
OHL teams can't trade 1st round picks.

RUSqueelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 10:11 PM
  #3
Petes1
Registered User
 
Petes1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 645
vCash: 500
If 1st rounders could be traded, it would have to be a 2007, no team is going to trade a star player for a pick 3 years from now.

Michael Lombardi is not going to fetch you Daniel Ryder even with the draft picks included. Lombardi is the same age as Ryder and no where close to being as talented, it makes no sense. You'd be looking at dealing a promising 89, or a 90 when they can be dealt.

Petes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 06:26 AM
  #4
ReLyT
Registered User
 
ReLyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,881
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes1 View Post
If 1st rounders could be traded, it would have to be a 2007, no team is going to trade a star player for a pick 3 years from now.

Michael Lombardi is not going to fetch you Daniel Ryder even with the draft picks included. Lombardi is the same age as Ryder and no where close to being as talented, it makes no sense. You'd be looking at dealing a promising 89, or a 90 when they can be dealt.
Dec. 2 OS Joshua Bailey Scott Bowles 2nd Rnd '09 WSR Anthony Guadagnolo

Anthony Soboczynski

ReLyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 10:56 AM
  #5
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,521
vCash: 500
Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barriecoltsfan1 View Post
peterboruogh gets-lombardi,2n round in 07 1 round in 09,
barrie gets-daniel ryder

any thoughts
Stranger things have happened, but I really don't see Lombardi as that big an enticement to get Ryder in return.

Perhaps Marcinko and two '07 picks. Center for a center. Ryder ain't gonna come cheap.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 12:27 PM
  #6
hockeyprincess
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSqueelin View Post
OHL teams can't trade 1st round picks.
Yeah, they can.
I'm pretty sure that they can.
I know that they can after the season starts... in January, they can.
Like hell Peterborough would get rid of Daniel Ryder.

hockeyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 12:28 PM
  #7
hockeyprincess
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Stranger things have happened, but I really don't see Lombardi as that big an enticement to get Ryder in return.

Perhaps Marcinko and two '07 picks. Center for a center. Ryder ain't gonna come cheap.
Marcinko can't go to PBO.
The Petes have two imports already: Arturs Kulda (Latvia) and Branislav Rehus (Czech Republic).

hockeyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 12:31 PM
  #8
Petes1
Registered User
 
Petes1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLyT View Post
Dec. 2 OS Joshua Bailey Scott Bowles 2nd Rnd '09 WSR Anthony Guadagnolo

Anthony Soboczynski
Bailey compensates for the late pick, the first rounder would be the big thing coming back to Peterborough, and they aren't giving up a star for a draft pick 3 years from now.

Petes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 01:34 PM
  #9
CharlieGirl
Registered User
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyprincess View Post
Yeah, they can.
I'm pretty sure that they can.
I know that they can after the season starts... in January, they can.
Like hell Peterborough would get rid of Daniel Ryder.
No, they can't. Not in the situation suggested in the initial post.

If Peterborough gets the right offer, Ryder is no more untouchable than anyone else in the league. Unless things turn around in a hurry for the Petes, they'll be sellers at the trade deadline.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 03:06 PM
  #10
Superfly Jimmy Snuka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Ireland
Posts: 757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyprincess View Post
Yeah, they can.
I'm pretty sure that they can.
I know that they can after the season starts... in January, they can.
Like hell Peterborough would get rid of Daniel Ryder.
teams in the OHL cannot deal 1st round draft picks for an upcoming draft.....however

if a player who is a 1st round draft pick who is a 1990 born player this season can only be moved i believe during January 1st to the trade deadline. Thats how the gens got brett parnham last year

Superfly Jimmy Snuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 03:39 PM
  #11
hockeyprincess
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly Jimmy Snuka View Post
teams in the OHL cannot deal 1st round draft picks for an upcoming draft.....however

if a player who is a 1st round draft pick who is a 1990 born player this season can only be moved i believe during January 1st to the trade deadline. Thats how the gens got brett parnham last year
true...
and it seems to be working well for Oshawa more than Sudbury...

hockeyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 05:35 PM
  #12
SimonTemplar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London ON.
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Looks like some confusion going on here but in the Owen Sound ? Windsor case Bailey was notcompensation for the late pick. He was the trade front and center Owen Sound recieves Gauds services while Boughner laughs himself to a frenzy.

Bowles went to Windsor as an OA thing and the second round pick was a gift for I don't know what.

Ist round selected players can be moved in their first year like it was mentioned.

Not a wise thing to do though fans come hunting for your head usually in a year or two.

Daniel Ryder 's price may be already set by Saginaw and Owen Sound but who wants to pay it. Kitchener and London don't usually ante up first round picks as long as I can remember, might be wrong but DeBoer and Hunter will both wait this out.

SimonTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 05:56 PM
  #13
Petes1
Registered User
 
Petes1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 645
vCash: 500
I meant Bailey makes up for the fact the 2nd rounder is in 2009. Bailey is 17 and is going to have atleast 2 and a half very good years in Windsor. Whereas a 1st round pick in 2009 for Daniel Ryder is not going to help the Petes for 4 years so no GM (atleast smart GM) is going to trade a star for something you can't use for another 3 years, unless you are getting something really good with it.

Bailey was the best thing Windsor got in return, so the fact the 2nd rounder is later doesn't matter as much.

Petes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 09:50 PM
  #14
Spitfire11
Registered User
 
Spitfire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,530
vCash: 500
hockeyprincess, please do not post anymore stories about talking with players or any 'inside info'.

And to everyone else, feel free to refute what she posts but anymore 'attacks' on her and you will get points as well. There's always the ignore option if you can't control yourself.

I've been lenient as heck but enough's enough.

Spitfire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 03:23 PM
  #15
hockeyprincess
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire11 View Post
hockeyprincess, please do not post anymore stories about talking with players or any 'inside info'.

And to everyone else, feel free to refute what she posts but anymore 'attacks' on her and you will get points as well. There's always the ignore option if you can't control yourself.

I've been lenient as heck but enough's enough.
I'm just sayin'...
Hey...
I heard that even Steve Downie might be getting traded...
I also think that the players' opinions matter just as much as anyone else's opinions.

hockeyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2006, 04:01 PM
  #16
Ti-girl
Registered User
 
Ti-girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Merida, Mexico
Country: Mexico
Posts: 7,913
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
Ignore feels so good.

__________________
"I channeled my inner Morneau, took the stick and hit the mother****** to the moooon!"
Ti-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 07:01 AM
  #17
CharlieGirl
Registered User
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyprincess View Post
I'm just sayin'...
Hey...
I heard that even Steve Downie might be getting traded...
I also think that the players' opinions matter just as much as anyone else's opinions.
Downie has been the subject of trade rumours for weeks now. He'd be a great pickup for a team who is missing one piece to make a run for the playoffs. Kitchener is one team that has been mentioned -- I'd be a happy, happy Rangers fan if that came to pass.

HP, players' opinions do matter, but not second or third hand. If a player wanted to post here, he can say anything he chooses.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 12:04 PM
  #18
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,521
vCash: 500
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Downie has been the subject of trade rumours for weeks now. He'd be a great pickup for a team who is missing one piece to make a run for the playoffs. Kitchener is one team that has been mentioned -- I'd be a happy, happy Rangers fan if that came to pass.

HP, players' opinions do matter, but not second or third hand. If a player wanted to post here, he can say anything he chooses.
Exactly! In fact, most people prefer to speak for themselves. Can't imagine anybody wanting somebody else expressing their opinions for them.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 11:16 PM
  #19
OHLArenaGuide
Registered User
 
OHLArenaGuide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London ON/St John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyprincess View Post
I also think that the players' opinions matter just as much as anyone else's opinions.
Well, if any show up here, point them out for me, wouldya?

OHLArenaGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 10:42 AM
  #20
hockeyprincess
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLArenaGuide View Post
Well, if any show up here, point them out for me, wouldya?
Will do.

hockeyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.