HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

OKC Barons 2013/14

Old
10-18-2013, 09:43 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

vCash: 500
Barons hold on to win 4-3.

Bachman makes 41 saves in the win.

@JonathanWillis
Just tallying up some stats I've been recording during #OKCBarons home games. Klefbom has a 65% Fenwick ratio and a 40% OZ start at evens. Klefbom is just ahead of Taylor Fedun, who has a 64% Fenwick ratio with a 38% offensive zone start.

It's early, but some concern over Pitlick. He's 1-2-3 in 6 GP. Those two assists came tonight on Omark goals, which were all solo Omark efforts. His 1 goal is a SH goal. He's being given 1st line ES, 1st PP, and 1st PK minutes. Willis has a blog entry on the Cult of Hockey where he has Nelson quoted that he's feeding Pitlick PK time in an effort to develop his PK game and make him a useful player in a bottom-6 capacity in the show. This is an absolutely crucial season for him. He's being given the at bats, now he show some kind of ability to produce.

Last edited by Soli: 10-19-2013 at 01:32 AM.
Soli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 02:24 AM
Ragss

No reason Bachman shouldn't be getting a shot at this point.

Ragss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 04:02 AM
VayaConDios

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Oklahoma City Barons ‏@okcbarons 52s
BREAKING: #OKCBarons Have Agreed to Terms with D Erik Burgdoerfer > http://*******/19f96gD pic.twitter.com/TYK7i17SNj

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=97704

d-man that played with the Condors. Don't we have enough d-men?
Just because someone is on an AHL deal doesn't mean they cant be assigned to a lower league like the ECHL or in Ty Rimmer's case the CHL.

VayaConDios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 11:33 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
Barons hold on to win 4-3.

Bachman makes 41 saves in the win.

@JonathanWillis
Just tallying up some stats I've been recording during #OKCBarons home games. Klefbom has a 65% Fenwick ratio and a 40% OZ start at evens. Klefbom is just ahead of Taylor Fedun, who has a 64% Fenwick ratio with a 38% offensive zone start.

It's early, but some concern over Pitlick. He's 1-2-3 in 6 GP. Those two assists came tonight on Omark goals, which were all solo Omark efforts. His 1 goal is a SH goal. He's being given 1st line ES, 1st PP, and 1st PK minutes. Willis has a blog entry on the Cult of Hockey where he has Nelson quoted that he's feeding Pitlick PK time in an effort to develop his PK game and make him a useful player in a bottom-6 capacity in the show. This is an absolutely crucial season for him. He's being given the at bats, now he show some kind of ability to produce.
Pitlick's offensive tools are limited, he should be getting groomed to be a bottom 6 guy that can PK and is told to bang bodies ala Cal Clutterbuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragss View Post
No reason Bachman shouldn't be getting a shot at this point.
Agreed, unless Dubnyk strings together 3-4 good games in a row I'd give him a chance.

10-19-2013, 11:45 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Fenwick is all about shots generated right? Doesn't take into account shots against like Corsi does?

That's good news for Klefa, like to see what his Corsi looks like though.

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 11:51 AM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Fenwick is all about shots generated right? Doesn't take into account shots against like Corsi does?

That's good news for Klefa, like to see what his Corsi looks like though.
Fenwick is just Corsi without blocked shots, I think.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 11:55 AM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Pitlick's offensive tools are limited, he should be getting groomed to be a bottom 6 guy that can PK and is told to bang bodies ala Cal Clutterbuck.
MacT's got that mandate for our players to not be non-factors. Pitlick needs to show some ability to produce something. Although looking at the iteration of Gazdic - Acton - Brown... Hmm.

Old
10-19-2013, 12:03 PM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Without blocked shots and wide shots, yeah.

NAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 12:10 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAF View Post
Without blocked shots and wide shots, yeah.
Right on, thx dudes.

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 01:39 PM
TheWarriorSwe

Quote:
It's early, but some concern over Pitlick. He's 1-2-3 in 6 GP. Those two assists came tonight on Omark goals, which were all solo Omark efforts. His 1 goal is a SH goal.
So Omark is on the pk?

TheWarriorSwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 11:00 AM
joestevens29

Is Willis living in OKC? At first I thought he was just getting numbers from watching the games, but now it sounds like he is at practices.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 11:43 AM
bewbies

Now having seen 3 Barons games I will comment and so on:

Andrew Miller: solid two-way player, undersized and a little slow, very smart player

Anton Lander: has looked excellent. Big, fast, etc. Probably the Barons best all around forward so far

Linus Omark: runs hot and cold but can do things that most guys in the NHL can't do when he feels like it. Seems like he's just now getting in shape.

Derek Nesbitt: good two-way guy, good shooter. Might be a decent callup option

Tyler Pitlick: has been skating his brains out, big, fast, throwing his weight around like he was 2 years ago. No offensive ability whatsoever but is a very useful player

Kessy/Ewanyk/Eager: put these three together as they've been playing together. It is basically the Hansons: they skate around really fast running into things and are largely disinterested in the puck. Very fun to watch but they tend to get stuck in their own end a lot because they can't handle the puck or pass very well. The young guys might end up being useful bottom 6ers.

Ryan Martindale: has been better, but has a tendency to disappear

Matthew Ford: big disappointment, next to invisible despite getting some decent minutes

CJ Stretch: see: Ford, M

Philip Larsen: easily the team's best player, best skater we've ever seen in the building all respect to Hall and RNH. Great hands, good passer, pretty solid in his own zone (even hits guys sometimes now). Also just discovered he has a cannon of a shot, he's playing the top of the umbrella on the PP. Dawdles with the puck too much.

Oscar Klefbom: magnificent skater, great skills, a total mess with the puck in his own zone. Far too many turnovers. Positioning also needs a lot of work.

Taylor Fedun: solid as always, probably about at his upper limit. Does everything pretty well

Musil/Gernat: I get these two mixed up but they look pretty similar. Both are pretty smart and good defensively but both are just offensively slow. Long way to go but they haven't been a huge liability so far.

Brandon Davidson: hasn't been as good as last year so far

Brad Hunt: really good PMD, pretty solid defensively as well. Probably not NHL material but he's playing good minutes here

Martin Marincin: looks similar to last year, pretty good skater, average defensively, good hands, big shot that takes way, way too long to get off

Richard Bachman: has been just awesome so far. Brilliant.

bewbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 12:03 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Thanks bewbies!

Alot of those things run parallel to what Willis has been saying. Hoping Klefbom can reach a higher level quicker. Wouldn't be a horrible thing to keep him down in the AHL for a season, but hopes were high for him. Hoping he can get back to some upper tier play and be a cornerstone on the Barons Blue. Getting him up to speed and next to Larsen would make for a dynamic pairing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarriorSwe View Post
So Omark is on the pk?
No, Pitlick's 1 goal was shorthanded.

Quote:
Is Willis living in OKC? At first I thought he was just getting numbers from watching the games, but now it sounds like he is at practices.
Willis is living in OKC this season.

Last edited by Soli: 10-21-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old
10-21-2013, 12:43 PM
LaGu

Quote:
Thanks bewbies!

Alot of those things run parallel to what Willis has been saying. Hoping Klefbom can reach a higher level quicker. Wouldn't be a horrible thing to keep him down in the AHL for a season, but hopes were high for him. Hoping he can get back to some upper tier play and be a cornerstone on the Barons Blue. Getting him up to speed and next to Swedish counterpart Larsen would make for a dynamic pairing.

No, Pitlick's 1 goal was shorthanded.

Willis is living in OKC this season.

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 12:51 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGu View Post
My bad, he's a Dane obviously.

Old
10-21-2013, 01:49 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 157
Quote:
My bad, he's a Dane obviously.
he's a god damned viking!!

BoldNewLettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 07:58 PM
Brewster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewbies View Post
Musil/Gernat: I get these two mixed up but they look pretty similar. Both are pretty smart and good defensively but both are just offensively slow. Long way to go but they haven't been a huge liability so far.
That doesn't sound like the WHL Gernat at all lol.

Thanks for the insight!

Brewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 09:29 AM
joestevens29

new bus

Old
10-22-2013, 11:21 AM
joestevens29

The Oklahoma City Barons have named centerman Anton Lander captain for the 2013-14 season, General Manager Bill Scott announced today. Forwards Derek Nesbitt, Matthew Ford and Ben Eager along with defenseman Taylor Fedun were named as alternate captains.

http://okcbarons.com/index.cfm?fa=pr...0-AE51E82F3E06

Old
10-22-2013, 11:55 AM
ZenOil
Russian Pride

Quote:

Philip Larsen: easily the team's best player, best skater we've ever seen in the building all respect to Hall and RNH. Great hands, good passer, pretty solid in his own zone (even hits guys sometimes now). Also just discovered he has a cannon of a shot, he's playing the top of the umbrella on the PP. Dawdles with the puck too much.

Bam. Another Larsen fan. The man should be in the show...Nick Schultz beat out this guy???

ZenOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 11:57 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenOil View Post
Bam. Another Larsen fan. The man should be in the show...Nick Schultz beat out this guy???
He really should be, the only issue with his is his inability to clear the crease. Give him a big/strong D partner that thinks offense first and he could be a solid player for us.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 12:21 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 177
Quote:
The Oklahoma City Barons have named centerman Anton Lander captain for the 2013-14 season, General Manager Bill Scott announced today. Forwards Derek Nesbitt, Matthew Ford and Ben Eager along with defenseman Taylor Fedun were named as alternate captains.

Saw this coming. He deserves it.

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 12:28 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenOil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
He really should be, the only issue with his is his inability to clear the crease. Give him a big/strong D partner that thinks offense first and he could be a solid player for us.
I think it's only a matter of time. MacT is doing some cleaning and eventually we will see others get shots.

Old
10-22-2013, 02:45 PM
LaGu

Quote:

Good for him. I was hoping for a faster development but I am not complaining one bit. On the scoreboard he has been improving consistently (see below, AHL numbers) and that he now has been named captain is not bad at all. Let's see how he will react / play during his first call up. I am not expecting great things but I am expecting an improvement.

11/12 28 GP 3 G 6 A 9 P - 0.32 PPG
12/13 55 GP 14 G 14 A 28 P - 0.51 PPG
13/14 6 GP 2 G 3 A 5 P - 0.83 PPG

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 02:47 PM
LaGu

Quote:
Now having seen 3 Barons games I will comment and so on:

Thanks!