HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 10: Nashville @ Minnesota

Old
10-21-2013, 09:21 PM
Preds33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville Transplant View Post
personally, although I know you don't screw with a good thing... I'm ready for a Clune return to the lineup I know he thought he'd be back in by now...
He has been listed on the injury list as out for personal reasons. I am assuming it is due to his grandfather's death still. They are showing both Clune and Fisher and questionable for tomorrow.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:21 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I have to disagree. I'd rather listen to the NBC crew than listen to Weber and Crispy ramble on about everything but hockey.
I like Brian Engblom. I can't stand Dave Strader, because he seems completely ignorant of the Nashville Predators every time we're on NBC. When Erat was a late scratch against the Blackhawks in 2012, he mentioned it as if it were an off-hand, no-big-deal piece of information. Erat was our leading scorer. And lest we forget, "Honkeytown."

I like Pete & Terry. They have personality. The banter between broadcasters is a great part of watching the game. There is no humor between Engblom and Strader.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:46 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
I love Crispy and the Professor on tv but HATED when they called on the radio. They would tell a 12 minute story and you would have no idea what was going on until you heard a goal horn in the background.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 10:18 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
I love Crispy and the Professor on tv but HATED when they called on the radio. They would tell a 12 minute story and you would have no idea what was going on until you heard a goal horn in the background.
Now it's just Grimmer talking about a play that happened two minutes ago and Stu interrupting him to make a goal call.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 07:37 AM
jntarheels

Gonna be a tough road game tonight in Minny, but I think the Preds can get it done if they keep Parise off the score sheet. The guy can just bury goals and should have had at least 2 against us in the first game.

I think Stalberg gets his first here and The Preds win 3-2!!

jntarheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 07:52 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
I agree, but I think Grimson is worst on how long he takes to get his story out. And it really annoys me how he is always getting the players wrong. He always says such and such just did this then he says "sorry" it was such and such rather. Very irritating to me.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 08:22 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Woke up this morning and for the first time...I'm not going to waste any energy cheering against Suter anymore than any other member of the Minnesota Wild tonight.

He's a top player in the game at his position and will log a lot of key minutes tonight against the Predators. In doing so, I wish him a -5 rating at the end of the night, but irregardless I'm not going to boo or feel any negative emotions when they talk about him on the telecast or he touches the puck.

Without Suter leaving the Predators are likely struggling this season as their window of opportunity closes. The Predators don't have Seth Jones or Filip Forsberg and the prospect depth without those two isn't nearly what it is now. Suter leaving closed the window on one era, but jump started the opening of another starting maybe as soon as next season or even this year depending on how the team continues to gel.

I won't forget, but I'm past Suter's decision. Go Preds!!!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 08:30 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Lake View Post
Woke up this morning and for the first time...I'm not going to waste any energy cheering against Suter anymore than any other member of the Minnesota Wild tonight.

He's a top player in the game at his position and will log a lot of key minutes tonight against the Predators. In doing so, I wish him a -5 rating at the end of the night, but irregardless I'm not going to boo or feel any negative emotions when they talk about him on the telecast or he touches the puck.

Without Suter leaving the Predators are likely struggling this season as their window of opportunity closes. The Predators don't have Seth Jones or Filip Forsberg and the prospect depth without those two isn't nearly what it is now. Suter leaving closed the window on one era, but jump started the opening of another starting maybe as soon as next season or even this year depending on how the team continues to gel.

Well said, Go Preds!

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 08:44 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Past the Suter decision? No. I'll boo him everytime he comes to this barn. It will be tough, but the ONLY time I'll cheer him while he is playing hockey is when he dons the red, white, and blue. However, off the ice, I have no beef with the guy and I'll thank him for his time here. He is a nice guy and speaks highly of Nashville. But on the ice? Different story.

Last edited by TMI: 10-22-2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: circumventing filter + unnecessary comment
utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 09:12 AM
Drake744
Resident Jones Homer

vCash: 325
Hopefully after tonight the Wild make the Vikings look like the best team in Minny.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 10:22 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

COL's start does not appear to be a fluke at this point and the better teams in the Pacific are wracking up a ton of points against other divisions. We have to stake a claim to the #4 spot to have a chance of making of the playoffs (still may lose to #5 Pacific). Way early to be focused on the playoffs, but we'll need early wins against DAL/MIN/WPG for later in the season.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 10:47 AM
Persona5

Quote:

I won't boo him because he left. I'll boo him because of how he left. If he had been honest with Poile and let him know there was a good chance he would leave and Poile decided not to trade him because of the run we were on I wouldn't boo him. If he had asked to be traded and we got something in return I would not boo him. The fact is he lied to Poile leading him to think he would resign. He then bolted to another team leaving us with nothing and for us to endure last seasonís failures. This is why I will always boo Suter!

Persona5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 10:51 AM
Persona5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
COL's start does not appear to be a fluke at this point and the better teams in the Pacific are wracking up a ton of points against other divisions. We have to stake a claim to the #4 spot to have a chance of making of the playoffs (still may lose to #5 Pacific). Way early to be focused on the playoffs, but we'll need early wins against DAL/MIN/WPG for later in the season.
I watched the game last night from start to finish and while Colorado is much improved they were outplayed in the game by a good margin. There is a reason they took so many penalties. Giguere stood on his head and stole the game.

Like I said though they are a much improved team from last season. Their D has been strong at clearing the net and not allowing second chances.

Persona5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 11:38 AM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:

our friend Adzy's motto used to be "Hockey's better with a little hate"

I tend to agree.... with the Wild I can choose Suter or Leipold, or both

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 11:44 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
remember though, they have to play in the division and beat each other up as well. Still no reason we can't finish 3rd, or even 2nd in the division. I am still not convinced STL is head and shoulders better than us.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 12:07 PM
TootooTrain
Bangers

By some miracle, this game is on TSN tonight which means no choppy stream for me tonight.

TootooTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 12:44 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
By some miracle, this game is on TSN tonight which means no choppy stream for me tonight.
Good news for you!

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 01:05 PM
nashpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Is it really?! That's great news for me as well. I can't remember the last time a Predators game was on TSN when it wasn't against the leafs.

Anyways, a win here would do us a lot of good. We could be sitting 2nd in the division by the end of the night, as well as 4th in the conference. I know it's really early but that would be a nice confidence boost for this team.

nashpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 01:14 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
all of suter's points have been secondary assists. brodin has outplayed him.

[MOD]
I wouldn't go that far, Brodin will be the better defenseman sometime down the road, but he isn't yet.

Jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 01:46 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykay View Post
I wouldn't go that far, Brodin will be the better defenseman sometime down the road, but he isn't yet.
he has been better in 4 of the wild games ive seen

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 02:14 PM
TootooTrain
Bangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashpreds View Post
Is it really?! That's great news for me as well. I can't remember the last time a Predators game was on TSN when it wasn't against the leafs.

Anyways, a win here would do us a lot of good. We could be sitting 2nd in the division by the end of the night, as well as 4th in the conference. I know it's really early but that would be a nice confidence boost for this team.
As long as you have the regular TSN channel I should say, and not one of the regional ones.

TootooTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 02:45 PM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

I really want this game in regulation tonight ... I'll be getting my 90's on tonight at the Bridgestone, but IDNGAF, I'll probably be checking my phone every once in a while to see updates via twitter

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 03:05 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Seth, you're a better person than me. Suter will get boo'd everytime I see him touch the puck at the Bridge.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 04:22 PM
InRinneWeTrust

Which sports bars in Franklin/Brentwood are best to catch the game tonight?

InRinneWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 05:53 PM
1stLineCottonCandy

Forsberg with a goal to start us off then a Seth Jones American rocket shot to win it

1stLineCottonCandy is offline   Reply With Quote