HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Last HF article on our prospects..

Old
12-08-2006, 01:15 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Last HF article on our prospects..

I dont think it has been posted yet...

Some interesting comments by Timmins.. The most interesting ones..

"We think DaGostini can become a solid NHLer long term, we look at him the way we look at Mike Jonhson in MTL" Im a big fan of this kid since the first time I watched him play...

"Kostitsyn is NHL ready" He feels he is dominant right now in the AHL.

"Grabovski's a determined kid, he wants to learn the game and the language badly" Played an East-West game in Russia and gets used to the NA style of game..

"Lapierre's a real PRO" HARD WORKER.

Timmins feels Milroy is actually where he should be in his development, didnt give up on the kid and likes the efforts he is displaying in his training.. Timmins thinks this wake up call is coming from the the new wave of young talents having some success and blowing in his back..

Time could play against Corey Locke, its up to him..

Both Aubin and Gleed will be back in the AHL sooner than later, its a matter of ice time at the moment..

Thats about it.

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 02:10 PM
Jakomyte

I just gave it a read as well, sounds like good stuff! Lets just hope Timmins isn't as much of a homer as some of the posters on these boards

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 02:17 PM
westcoast habsfan

I don't think Timmins said anything that posters who watch the Bulldogs regularily haven't already said multiple times, especially when it comes to Kostitsyn being NHL ready.

It sounds like the Habs don't want to promote him for the fourth line but want him in a Top 9 situation, so its a numbers game right now. I like the insight about Lapierre being such a professional that will bode well towards him having a successful NHL career.

Also, the comparison's between D'Agostini and Johnson were great as well. I've been wondering who D'Agostini was reminding me of. He's smaller than Johnson, but also more physical, just a smart, solid all round player.

westcoast habsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 02:18 PM
The CUBE

Do you have a link to the article?

The CUBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 02:31 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

http://hockeysfuture.com/article.php...readed&order=0

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 02:32 PM
Jakomyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CUBE View Post
Do you have a link to the article?

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 02:32 PM
kostitsyn1489

Really nice article. I didnt learn much but it's always nice to hear it from Timmins.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Lestriker

Send a message via MSN to Lestriker
They listed Grabovski as a winger. Weird.

Lestriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 04:19 PM
SpreeEndaz

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 07:17 PM
pc_md

Good article. Timmins as always is a good politician : rarely says bad comments about his prospects. Only Locke got
The D'agostini-Johnson is strange somehow...I'm not an expert but, this is how I see it.

Johnson is a big two-way guy, which weakness is that he's not physical enough for his size but who plays smart and have a very good slapshot.

D'agostini is not huge but he plays like a big guy, not afraid to use his body along the boards... His passes are his best asset and he could use some work on his shot. Also a very smart player.

I guess Timmins was talking about the ''smart player'' part...

pc_md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 07:32 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc_md View Post
I guess Timmins was talking about the ''smart player'' part...
Last summer at the rookie camp, Timmins suposedly compared D'agostini's style to Higgins'. I think he slipped in Johnson this time because Higgins appears to be surpassing all expectations...

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2006, 11:18 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

I had the same comparaison about d'agostini and johnson TIMMINS IS SO SMART! LOL two way great skater and a guy who fly under the radar

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 12:15 PM
Dr_Hook

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=269723&page=3

Look at what a bright young hockey mind had to say about D'Ago in July, talking about his potential career:

" Matt D'Agostini: Good smart dedicated useful 3rd liner. 15 goals every year. Very appreciated everywhere he goes but not enough pure abilities to be an impact player. Mike Johnson jr ? "

Who was that, you ask ? Oh yeah: ME !
Looks like I got the Trevor Timmins eye for talent

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 01:14 PM
Artyukhin*

Matt D'Agostini is goona be a star .

should get a call up this season .

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 01:15 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=269723&page=3

Look at what a bright young hockey mind had to say about D'Ago in July, talking about his potential career:

" Matt D'Agostini: Good smart dedicated useful 3rd liner. 15 goals every year. Very appreciated everywhere he goes but not enough pure abilities to be an impact player. Mike Johnson jr ? "

Who was that, you ask ? Oh yeah: ME !
Looks like I got the Trevor Timmins eye for talent
Good move!

But I'll also wait to see if Maxwell will bust, if Aubin won't be more succesful than Dubé, if Sergei becomes half of Drury and if Danis and Halak will be as bad as Sauvé or Hedberg....then I'll praise you.......

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 01:18 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post

I think the kid has huge potential as well. Could turn into another Higgins. But I'd settle for a Johnson.

I don't see him getting called up this year though. I think Kostitsyn, Lapierre, Chipchura are all ahead of him, and if it's strictly a 4th line job, then Ferland as well (or if it's a top 6 job, perhaps Grabovski too).

Next year he could realistically be a call-up in case of injury, and by the following year I can easily see him challenging for a regular job.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 01:20 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Timmins feels Milroy is actually where he should be in his development, didnt give up on the kid and likes the efforts he is displaying in his training.. Timmins thinks this wake up call is coming from the the new wave of young talents having some success and blowing in his back..
After talking to Timmins at the development camp, let's just say that this comment probably is the most refreshing and true acknowledgement of Milroy. Cause Milroy was NOT Timmins' type of player, wouldn't have picked him if he was there. Didn't like the pick then and seeing he kinda of appreciate Duncan's efforts now, shows how much Milroy looks dedicated now. Took a long time, but it's never too late....well sometimes it is, but will see in his case....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 01:21 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
D'Agostini doesn't have Johnson's size but their skating is really similar. I love D'Agostini and you see that in some games he's unlucky and could have scored way more. I hope, he's going to receive a chance to play for the habs next year. He needs atleast another season in Hamilton before even thinking about making the habs roster. He's only 20 and will play a bigger role probably next year (Manlow and other vets are playing a bigger role this year). He was off to a good start, he started to slow down but imo he has a future in the nhl. I also see him as a future top 6 winger.

CH Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 01:35 PM
HabuseMoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 02:45 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
After talking to Timmins at the development camp, let's just say that this comment probably is the most refreshing and true acknowledgement of Milroy. Cause Milroy was NOT Timmins' type of player, wouldn't have picked him if he was there. Didn't like the pick then and seeing he kinda of appreciate Duncan's efforts now, shows how much Milroy looks dedicated now. Took a long time, but it's never too late....well sometimes it is, but will see in his case....
Trent Mclarren was our scout is the West then.. He "left" his job about 2-3 years after the Milroy pick and Habs didnt pick any signifiant players again in the West during the reminder of McLarren era..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote