HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

2013-2014 Prospect Stats and Discussion - Updated Jan 27

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2013, 11:42 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
Went to the game last night he still does play the distruber role just not as much. He was easily the best player on the ice.
Thanks for that, very promising news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post
blues fan here. I just wanted to say I work with the miami redhawks and I saw your prospect Dillon Simpson play this past weekend, and all i gotta say is dam.

You guys may have a nice 4th round steal on ur hands. He's big, strong, yet smooth skating, very smart with and without the puck and looks like a dominant defensemen, that controls the play around, alot like pronger did in a sense. I think he could be a big part of the oilers moving forward
Interesting. He must've taken some strides in the offseason because the last time that I saw him I was far from impressed at his pro prospects.

10-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Sethis

vCash: 725
Moroz's production makes him a very interesting player. Facepuncher's that can play are very, very rare. If a team is committed to having these guys on the roster it helps a great deal if they don't suck.

Here's hoping Mitch Moroz can be our own Chris Neil.

Old
10-21-2013, 03:53 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
Moroz's production makes him a very interesting player. Facepuncher's that can play are very, very rare. If a team is committed to having these guys on the roster it helps a great deal if they don't suck.

Here's hoping Mitch Moroz can be our own Chris Neil.
meh.. way too early to tell..
Kale friggin Kessy had similar stat line in playoffs last season..

Is Moroz on the line with Lazar? Lazar is turning out to be a high end prospect.

Old
10-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Senor Catface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post

Is Moroz on the line with Lazar? Lazar is turning out to be a high end prospect.
But why is too early to tell when he's doing well, but it was never too early for people to call him a bust and a bad pick?

This isn't directed at you, but several very vocal posters who have complained and complained about this pick, and now that he's tearing up the league, not a whisper comes out.

Old
10-21-2013, 05:54 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Catface View Post
But why is too early to tell when he's doing well, but it was never too early for people to call him a bust and a bad pick?

This isn't directed at you, but several very vocal posters who have complained and complained about this pick, and now that he's tearing up the league, not a whisper comes out.
I'm eating some crow right now on my call of him busting, I'll admit. Again, going to have to see him actually play before I say there's some promise. Numbers like that are undeniable though.

Old
10-21-2013, 06:39 PM
oilersrule14

Quote:

Ya, he's on Lazar's line. I agree, it's too early to tell. I'm also pretty hestitant about getting worked up about prospects playing with more skilled linemates. Like Ryan Martindale racking up the points playing with Tyler Toffoli. We know how well that's worked out.

Old
10-21-2013, 11:40 PM
Sethis

vCash: 725
Quote:

Kessy is taller, crazier, less naturally talented, and did it in the playoffs while he was a full year older than Moroz.

In his dimensions and in his game, Moroz is a lot more similar to Neil. If he can put up a point a game pace he will match Neil's production from the same developmental year.

It's too early to tell for sure, but at least it's a comparison that can hold water now.

Old
10-22-2013, 08:27 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Moroz was scoring before Lazar came back from Ottawa, but it probably doesn't hurt that they're playing together now.

Old
10-22-2013, 10:03 AM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

http://www.mckeenshockey.com/nhl-blo...llooooo-nurse/

Nice little summary of what McKeen saw in Nurse in the game against Oshawa.

I like that he's starting to "pick and choose" his aggression in favor of positional play.

Old
10-22-2013, 06:40 PM
rockinghockey

I am hoping that some of these prospects pan out with size and grit as we need that so much.

Old
10-22-2013, 07:45 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Okay I'm one of the biggest Moroz haters on these boards. But even I can't deny that he's been getting it done offensively. If you watch him play, you'll realize that A: he isn't a product of Samuelsson or Lazar, and B: he's scoring goals by earning them. Kessy scored like that in the playoffs because he was getting lucky garbage goals. Moroz is scoring by knowing where to be and when to be there, knowing when to use his size/strength, and showing decent hands. Hopefully he can develop into a Chris Neil.

Old
10-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Senor Catface

What's the benefit to being a hater of anyone involved with the team? Don't you want them to do well, so then the team does well?

Old
10-22-2013, 09:09 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Catface View Post
What's the benefit to being a hater of anyone involved with the team? Don't you want them to do well, so then the team does well?
I just thought he was a really stupid player the past 2 seasons with the Oil Kings and hated that the Oilers took him. Just dumb decisions every time he was on the ice and had no clue when to be aggressive. It didn't help that he seemed to have little skill either. By the looks of it, he's pulled things together and is starting to show some skill as well.

Old
10-22-2013, 09:10 PM
Senor Catface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
I just thought he was a really stupid player the past 2 seasons with the Oil Kings and hated that the Oilers took him. Just dumb decisions every time he was on the ice and had no clue when to be aggressive. It didn't help that he seemed to have little skill either. By the looks of it, he's pulled things together and is starting to show some skill as well.
That's fair. It wasn't an aggressive question. Just curious.

Old
10-22-2013, 10:56 PM
monkeywrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
Okay I'm one of the biggest Moroz haters on these boards. But even I can't deny that he's been getting it done offensively. If you watch him play, you'll realize that A: he isn't a product of Samuelsson or Lazar, and B: he's scoring goals by earning them. Kessy scored like that in the playoffs because he was getting lucky garbage goals. Moroz is scoring by knowing where to be and when to be there, knowing when to use his size/strength, and showing decent hands. Hopefully he can develop into a Chris Neil.
Agreed I have noticed that so far this season that he is finding the open spots to be and known where the puck is going to be. He has improved a lot this season from last season.
I also soured on him last season he was so mind bending to watch at points last season.

Old
10-22-2013, 10:58 PM
N5991989
Oilers Fan

Moroz-Lazar-Samuleson would be a great prospect line to have. Glad we have at least one of them.

Old
10-22-2013, 11:31 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
so it appears Tyrvšinen got 29 pim in the last 3 games

10-23-2013, 02:05 AM
N5991989
Oilers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
so it appears Tyrvšinen got 29 pim in the last 3 games
I still laugh when EA had him as a sniper.

Old
10-23-2013, 02:47 AM
Lay Z Boy GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teganandsara View Post
I still laugh when EA had him as a sniper.
They need to bring the dangler player type back. Some of our guys seem to be more interested in dangles than playmaking, sniping, grinding, etc.

Old
10-23-2013, 03:19 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Plug should be a player type in EA games

Old
10-23-2013, 01:52 PM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersrule14 View Post
Ya, he's on Lazar's line. I agree, it's too early to tell. I'm also pretty hestitant about getting worked up about prospects playing with more skilled linemates. Like Ryan Martindale racking up the points playing with Tyler Toffoli. We know how well that's worked out.
Martindale was not a passenger on that line. I watched Ottawa a lot back then and he was a key player. He took a lot of big defensive draws as well.

Old
10-23-2013, 02:24 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Plug should be a player type in EA games
along with goon and floater

Old
10-23-2013, 02:28 PM
Tw0Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
Martindale was not a passenger on that line. I watched Ottawa a lot back then and he was a key player. He took a lot of big defensive draws as well.
You'd think people would stop outright writing off a prospect based on numbers after they've seen how well pitlick did last night.

Old
10-23-2013, 08:47 PM
Mozesmadness
MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPS!

vCash: 116
The Oil Kings vs Warriors game is on shaw tonight:

After the first:

Moroz threw some big hits and was a beast in front of the net, the best part of the game so far coming with 24 seconds left, Moose Jaw d-man Tyler Bell hit Samuelson from behind Moroz challenged him then beat the sweet **** out of him.

He was on the ice for Moose Jaws goal but unfortunately I missed it and can't comment on wether or not Moroz was at fault or wether he had his man.

He hasn't gotten to many good scoring chances but the OK didn't produce much as a team.

Old
10-23-2013, 09:17 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozesmadness View Post
The Oil Kings vs Warriors game is on shaw tonight:

After the first:

Moroz threw some big hits and was a beast in front of the net, the best part of the game so far coming with 24 seconds left, Moose Jaw d-man Tyler Bell hit Samuelson from behind Moroz challenged him then beat the sweet **** out of him.

He was on the ice for Moose Jaws goal but unfortunately I missed it and can't comment on wether or not Moroz was at fault or wether he had his man.

He hasn't gotten to many good scoring chances but the OK didn't produce much as a team.
He got rubbed off the puck in his own zone, turning it over, and then it was fired behind Jarry. Was an unexpectedly weak sequence I thought by Moroz.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=121

Closed Thread