HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 NFL Thread III? (Giants hosting Girls; Jets at Ravens)

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2013, 11:54 AM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapesOfMcIlrath View Post
Disagree with the bolded. I don't see why they coudn't all restructure. Rolle still plays at a decently high level, Baas is likely better than anything we can get in FA, and Webster could be worth the money as a slot/nickel/dime CB if he restructures.
Hopefully you can get Rolle/Webster to restructure. Bass, though, you can replace easily through the draft. It would only take a 3rd to draft a top of the line center prospect.

Old
10-22-2013, 11:56 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Supposedly Freeman had the single worst QB performance that PFF has ever graded.

Old
10-22-2013, 11:58 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan Auto View Post
Hopefully you can get Rolle/Webster to restructure. Bass, though, you can replace easily through the draft. It would only take a 3rd to draft a top of the line center prospect.
I would just take an OT in the first if we miss out on Clowney and move Pugh to center. I think he'll be a good RT but an elite C.

Old
10-22-2013, 12:03 PM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I would just take an OT in the first if we miss out on Clowney and move Pugh to center. I think he'll be a good RT but an elite C.
I was thinking you take the OT and then move Pugh to guard and then you draft a center a little later on.

Next year: Beatty-Pugh-3rd round center-Snee-1st round OT

Yeah, it would be super young and might have some growing pains, but you would set the groundwork for having a unit that can grow together. If Mosley is quality, you can move Pugh to center and save the 3rd on a center, though.

No matter what, whether it's offense or defense, Giants need to draft linemen early.

Old
10-22-2013, 12:04 PM
Revelation
Reanimated

Quote:
Supposedly Freeman had the single worst QB performance that PFF has ever graded.
...And that's what it took for the Giants to finally win a game...

If Reese doesn't address the OL and LBs in the offseason, I'm going to pull my hair out. Our depth chart at those positions going into this season was inexcusable.

Old
10-22-2013, 01:04 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Highest Gordon should get is a 3rd and a lower level draft pick.

He's failed a bunch of drug tests, 1 fail away from a likely season ban.

Doesn't matter what ESPN analysts think will get the deal done. They don't understand GM negotiations. They have too high of a bias on talent alone and not on other intangibles... i.e off the field problems.

On one side you have people saying Cleveland shouldn't accept anything lower than a 2nd. Talent wise Gordon is possibly a top 10 WR, maybe even better so he deserves at least a 2nd and something. That may be true but then you get to the other side.

Which is, what's the point of having an elite talent if he's not on the field to help you. Putting aside the glaring trend lately where players to get career threatening/ending injuries a lot more frequently than they used to... Gordon has off the field problems that could limit his playing time even more. He's failed multiple drug tests from high school on, totaling to north of 5 (which is impressive on its own), ranging from marijuana to prescription drugs. Marijuana isn't addictive, he could get help for that if need be. Prescription drugs are. He had high levels of codine in his blood this past offseason stemming from the explanation of "not knowing that cough syrup has codine in it"... NFL didn't buy that explanation and gave him a 2 game suspension. Next time its 6 or a year. Drug problems are very worrisome.

So yes. You have an elite talent in Gordon. On talent alone he's worth a high pick. But then you add in the off the field problems and his value vastly diminishes.

Either Cleveland could hold on to him and botch their rebuild up potentially by not stockpiling draft picks. They could hold on to him and have him fail another drug test leading to a NFL suspension... likely leading to Gordon's release from the team - doesn't help them bc they lose a #1 WR and they get nothing for him in return. Or they could trade him. Every other GM knows his history, that's why there are only 3 teams calling in for him. To make it even worse for the Cleveland GM's leverage, this draft is LOADED in high end WR talent.

He's not yielding more than a 3rd unless some GM really ***** the bed and doesn't know how to negotiate. All this news that team's are offering high end picks are likely planted from Cleveland PR to try and get other teams to offer more. Their GM is doing anything and everything he can do, which is not much.

3rd and 5th at most. Book it.

Old
10-22-2013, 01:35 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Was hoping someone would gif this

Old
10-22-2013, 01:54 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

I like how Coughlin's face continues to be angry after the follow-through. Like being angry comes natural to him.

Eli looks like he's faking it.

Old
10-22-2013, 04:36 PM
Matt4776
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I stand corrected.

Old
10-22-2013, 05:51 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Last night had to be the worst NFL game I have watched since the old Jets/Pats 6-3 rival games, man was that some bad Football.

Old
10-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Last night was bad. Real bad. One of the worst football games I have ever seen.

10-22-2013, 06:56 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
The first NFL game I ever attended was a 3-0 Jets victory over the Redskins. Doesn't get much worse than that.

Old
10-22-2013, 07:00 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
The first NFL game I ever attended was a 3-0 Jets victory over the Redskins. Doesn't get much worse than that.
I saw the Jets get shut out 34-0 by the Niners, the 30-9 loss to the Dolphins, the butt fumble, and the 7-6 win against the Cardinals and that was all in one year

That Jets - Cards game may have been the worst football game I've ever seen whether it be in person or on TV. Josh Freeman was just as bad as the Cards QB was last year.

10-22-2013, 08:04 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt4776 View Post
I stand corrected.
I mean, who really knows WTF is true and what isn't, anyway? I just had to make sure I wasn't going crazy, lol.

Old
10-22-2013, 08:57 PM
Matt4776
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I mean, who really knows WTF is true and what isn't, anyway? I just had to make sure I wasn't going crazy, lol.
That's for sure. The current rumors are now Kyle Wilson and a 3rd for Gordon. The Jets have been working out CBs today (including former Pats CB Ras-I Dowling) according to Cimini which adds to the mystery.

Old
10-22-2013, 09:21 PM
Miller Time NYR
Never go full torts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan Auto View Post
I was thinking you take the OT and then move Pugh to guard and then you draft a center a little later on.

Next year: Beatty-Pugh-3rd round center-Snee-1st round OT

Yeah, it would be super young and might have some growing pains, but you would set the groundwork for having a unit that can grow together. If Mosley is quality, you can move Pugh to center and save the 3rd on a center, though.

No matter what, whether it's offense or defense, Giants need to draft linemen early.
id love to get jake matthews, hes the ideal guy to build a new o-line with, but we all know how mara works and getting sacks makes up for not being able to protect eli......

Old
10-22-2013, 09:24 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
That's for sure. The current rumors are now Kyle Wilson and a 3rd for Gordon. The Jets have been working out CBs today (including former Pats CB Ras-I Dowling) according to Cimini which adds to the mystery.
KW and a 3rd would be a great trade for the Jets.

Old
10-22-2013, 09:29 PM
SA16
Two by two...

Where are you seeing these rumors?

Old
10-22-2013, 09:45 PM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishBullet62 View Post
id love to get jake matthews, hes the ideal guy to build a new o-line with, but we all know how mara works and getting sacks makes up for not being able to protect eli......
Well, truthfully, we probably need more help in the pass rush than we do on the O-Line. We've been pretty horrid run blocking but our pass blocking is okay. Our D-line, which was supposed to be good, has been one of the worst in the league. Tuck hasn't been the same player for a few seasons now and JPP has fallen off alarmingly. We took Damontre Moore last season but he hasn't gotten regular snaps and has been invisible in the snaps he has taken. Our DTs are not good enough.

It's a fact that you need to have good lines on both sides of the ball to be a good team. I wouldn't complain if the Giants took Clowney/Anthony Barr with their first pick, should they finish in the bottom 5. Jake Matthews and Taylor Lewan would be good picks at OT, though.

Old
10-22-2013, 09:45 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I saw the Jets get shut out 34-0 by the Niners, the 30-9 loss to the Dolphins, the butt fumble, and the 7-6 win against the Cardinals and that was all in one year

That Jets - Cards game may have been the worst football game I've ever seen whether it be in person or on TV. Josh Freeman was just as bad as the Cards QB was last year.
Almost forgot the Jets/Cards game. The Arizona QB was something like 0/17 on 3rd down attempts or something like that. Just atrocious.

Old
10-22-2013, 09:51 PM
SA16
Two by two...

Lindley started 6 games, threw 171 passes, and did not have even one touchdown.

Old
10-22-2013, 10:32 PM
Matt4776
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
Where are you seeing these rumors?
Beat Reporter (or something of the sort) out of Cleveland. The news about the Jets working out CBs comes from Cimini.

Old
10-23-2013, 10:32 AM
Matt4776
HFBoards Sponsor

Jets just signed Ras-I Dowling. The plot thickens.

Old
10-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Jets just wanted a dude with a cool name.

Old
10-23-2013, 12:08 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Jets just signed Ras-I Dowling. The plot thickens.
Sounds like Milliner might be out this weekend. It's likely just an insurance policy if he's unable to go.

It's just pain.
Closed Thread