Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

*OFFICIAL* Sarnia Sting 2013-14 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2013, 08:13 PM
bobber

vCash: 500
Gretzky was traded. Anyone can be. I think it all depends on what the Knights have for assets. Hunter will have something up his sleeve.

Old
10-20-2013, 08:25 AM
honey bee

Hello, this is not the London Knights forum. Anyway, another big win for the Sting last night, a 4 point weekend. Way to go guys!

Old
10-20-2013, 10:34 AM
bobber

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey bee View Post
Hello, this is not the London Knights forum. Anyway, another big win for the Sting last night, a 4 point weekend. Way to go guys!
Honeybee just following up on the Marner talk on this forum. Hope you are not mistaking me for a London fan. That would "sting".

Old
10-20-2013, 12:19 PM
honey bee

Thanks for clarifying, Bobber.

Old
10-21-2013, 08:51 PM
massey

Anybody know what is going on with Addessi.Is he hurt or not being played. Shame on Trevor if he is a healthy scratch.

Old
10-21-2013, 08:57 PM
massey

DeAngelo is absolutely playing at the top of his game since joining the Sting.Oh ya,I was one of many that was hard on the kid last year on here.Much more disciplined and knows when to go with the puck and also the key to our PP if it ever gets going. Glad to see coaching teaching him the skills of the game.I predict he could be in the top ten for the draft if he continues to improve his game.Good job Anthony

Old
10-21-2013, 09:35 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey View Post
Anybody know what is going on with Addessi.Is he hurt or not being played. Shame on Trevor if he is a healthy scratch.
Hopefully he isn't a scratch.. You guys can't afford to trade him as well if he wants out.

Old
10-21-2013, 09:47 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
DeAngelo is absolutely playing at the top of his game since joining the Sting.Oh ya,I was one of many that was hard on the kid last year on here.Much more disciplined and knows when to go with the puck and also the key to our PP if it ever gets going. Glad to see coaching teaching him the skills of the game.I predict he could be in the top ten for the draft if he continues to improve his game.Good job Anthony
He's certainly progressed in every aspect of the game that he NEEDED to in order to be taken seriously considered a top prospect of his draft class. Awesome to see his commitment. We all know how offensively talented he was and with huge strides in his decision making (risk taking), maturity and defensive game. It's been a while since we've seen a draft eligible defenseman post such gaudy offensive numbers.

Old
10-22-2013, 07:17 AM
BoxerMax

Quote:
I heard on Friday night that he also left the team. It was not a reliable source, just one random fan told me.

But with 7 D-Man dressed on Saturday, I am leaning that it is true.

Old
10-22-2013, 07:46 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Curious, why shame on Trevor? Has Addesi's play warranted a spot in the lineup? Based on training camp, he didn't look too strong and it appears Bushnell fills his style better. I like how Letowski is making these kids earn their spot on the roster.

Old
10-22-2013, 08:04 AM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
Curious, why shame on Trevor? Has Addesi's play warranted a spot in the lineup? Based on training camp, he didn't look too strong and it appears Bushnell fills his style better. I like how Letowski is making these kids earn their spot on the roster.
Hope we are not basing play time on training camp at this time of the season,based on his last 2 games, IMO Addessi deserves ice time.White,Renauld and Cicceralli could easily be rotated through the line up based on their play to allow Addessi to play.White is struggling to keep up,looks apprehensive,Renauld is hot and cold and wont comment on Matteo.

Old
10-22-2013, 08:18 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Hope we are not basing play time on training camp at this time of the season,based on his last 2 games, IMO Addessi deserves ice time.White,Renauld and Cicceralli could easily be rotated through the line up based on their play to allow Addessi to play.White is struggling to keep up,looks apprehensive,Renauld is hot and cold and wont comment on Matteo.
What is Adessi's game style like?

Old
10-22-2013, 08:42 AM
krauss72

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but word around town is Adessi wants out to. I hope not but have herd more than one say so. And no I don't think this is a Trevor issue. Making these lads earn there ice time is a positive step.

Old
10-22-2013, 09:23 AM
defensehockey19

What would Sting fans think about a possible Guigovaz for Hargrave trade? Obviously some adding could be done on the Petes side to get it done... Guigovaz's numbers are not pretty but he is a fully capable goalie who could really benefit from a change of scenery. Ton of potential.
You guys could run next season with Guiogvaz-Fazio.

Thoughts??

Old
10-22-2013, 09:34 AM
Greatger
HFBoards Sponsor

Hargrave

Not sure but, we could use a lot more offence and he would be home. Don't know if Butler is doing any negotiations for him ?

Old
10-22-2013, 09:55 AM
BoxerMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
What would Sting fans think about a possible Guigovaz for Hargrave trade? Obviously some adding could be done on the Petes side to get it done... Guigovaz's numbers are not pretty but he is a fully capable goalie who could really benefit from a change of scenery. Ton of potential.

Thoughts??
Don't see that Sting wanting a goalie in return.

Old
10-22-2013, 06:56 PM
Northsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post

Thoughts??
Hey Boxer...Obviously petesfan94 hasn't watched any of our games and wants to send us another goalie. Note to Petesfan94: Our goalies face between 40-50 shots a game, they are doing fine, we don't need your junk for Hargrave. We'll wait. As a matter of fact our boys have played much better without him in the lineup so I'm sure our staff will wait for a much better offer. Question to Petesfan94: So if he has a ton of potential, why don't you keep him?

Old
10-22-2013, 07:30 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Hey Boxer...Obviously petesfan94 hasn't watched any of our games and wants to send us another goalie. Note to Petesfan94: Our goalies face between 40-50 shots a game, they are doing fine, we don't need your junk for Hargrave. We'll wait. As a matter of fact our boys have played much better without him in the lineup so I'm sure our staff will wait for a much better offer. Question to Petesfan94: So if he has a ton of potential, why don't you keep him?
I already said this in my post... I said he could benefit from a change of scenery to help reach his true potential.

Old
10-22-2013, 08:35 PM
Northsouth

I realize you posted it but my question is if he can't reach his potential in Peterborough how is he going to reach it somewhere else. So your answer is let's get him to a team that might be vulnerable enough to ship him to. A Barrie fan tried that same thing your doing earlier with Fotinos, which didn't work.

Old
10-22-2013, 08:40 PM
Sting Fire

While the Sting could go the traditional route and dress 12 forwards and six defensemen, they have decided not to while they search for a trade for second year forward, Jordan Addesi.

“We feel that a fresh start will be in his best interest,” said Glavin of Addesi, adding “it's just not working out, and rather than letting it linger we want to look at doing something to help our club and the player.”

Glavin also said that while there is nothing concrete on the trade front as of yet, it is unlikely that Addesi would see action with the team and that they are actively involved in trade negotiations for both he and Brett Hargrave.
From the Observer

Old
10-22-2013, 09:08 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Looks like the rumours are true. Addesi leaving the team in some way. Bryan Moore wishing him luck on twitter

Tough year for the 2012 Sting draftees

Last edited by dean youngblood82: 10-22-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Old
10-22-2013, 09:22 PM
Torts

Any idea were Addesi or Hargrave might be going.

Could use some younger guys in Missy and hope they pan out with the rest of our young core.

Old
10-22-2013, 09:27 PM
NHL Fanatic

It's unfortunate Addesi has been scratched so much to begin this season. It's hard for the player and for the organization especially in terms of market value. But the team can acquire assets for Hargrave.

Old
10-22-2013, 09:50 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
It's unfortunate Addesi has been scratched so much to begin this season. It's hard for the player and for the organization especially in terms of market value. But the team can acquire assets for Hargrave.
Is this situation with Addessi and Hargraves mis-managed? I dont pretend to know behind the scenes here but why not just move them quietly and move on. It looks bad to announce this and who knows how long they sit for. But maybe most importantly it puts leverage in the buyers hands. If they wait for the right move trying to take some leverage back, It doesnt look great to have them sit. Something future young prospects and agents might not like either.

Old
10-22-2013, 09:50 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

With them trying to get so many forwards into the lineup I guess this could be somewhat expected.

There's probably a few players in the rotating scratches that should be playing Jr B. Tough to gain any sort of momentum playing in selected games.

Crowded front lines

Closed Thread