HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EA Sports NHL14- Seth Jones?

Old
10-22-2013, 10:17 PM
drwpreds

vCash: 500
EA Sports NHL14- Seth Jones?

I am not really a big video gamer but my son is, and he was really looking forward to playing Seth Jones in the new NHL 14 (even read an EA press release promoting the fact that he would be included in the game)

We got the game today, and Seth is not on the Preds roster, and we have so far been unable to figure out how to update the rosters.

Any NHL 14 experts out there that know how to do this??

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 10:25 PM
Mustard

If your son has Xbox Live (the internet service that goes with Xbox), he can update the rosters and set them as the new default roster for free. It has Jones listed as a 77 Overall with huge levels of growth potential, and 77 OVR is pretty unheard of for 19 y/o's in the games.

Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 10:25 PM
thecloser

should be an update if you have a subscription to xbox live.

if it doesn't happen automatically go to the rosters screen and see if there is an update option there.

if all of the above doesn't work just go to rosters, player movement and move seth jones to the predators from the portland winterhawks. But the only thing is he probably has a better rating now that the season has been underway.

good luck.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 10:44 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
should be an update if you have a subscription to xbox live.

if it doesn't happen automatically go to the rosters screen and see if there is an update option there.

if all of the above doesn't work just go to rosters, player movement and move seth jones to the predators from the portland winterhawks. But the only thing is he probably has a better rating now that the season has been underway.

good luck.
Do you have to have the paid (Gold) xbox live?? We are on whatever the free version is- will that enable roster updates?

I went to roster management and found the "update rosters" and tried doing that- it did some kind of update, but when we went back into the game the Preds roster was the same (no Seth and still has Kostitsyn!)

So, still stumped- have not tried moving him from Portland, so I guess I will try that next.

Thanks for the help

Old
10-23-2013, 07:58 AM
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Do you have to have the paid (Gold) xbox live?? We are on whatever the free version is- will that enable roster updates?

I went to roster management and found the "update rosters" and tried doing that- it did some kind of update, but when we went back into the game the Preds roster was the same (no Seth and still has Kostitsyn!)

So, still stumped- have not tried moving him from Portland, so I guess I will try that next.

Thanks for the help
Are you trying to play GM mode? If you already have a saved GM mode the roster will stay the same as when you first started even if you have downloaded a roster update. So you can either delete your current save or just create a new one with rosters set to "Current" and it should be correct.

NSHPreds1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 08:31 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
If your son has Xbox Live (the internet service that goes with Xbox), he can update the rosters and set them as the new default roster for free. It has Jones listed as a 77 Overall with huge levels of growth potential, and 77 OVR is pretty unheard of for 19 y/o's in the games.
Same with PS3 online I think

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 08:44 AM
Persona5

I know with xbox if you do not go online to play it will not prompt you to download the roster update. You have to manually do it.

Jones is a beast in the game for sure. Year 1 he is a 77. Year 2 he is a 82-84. Year 3 he turns into a superstar at 88-90.

Persona5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 09:20 AM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwtGlads2013 View Post
Are you trying to play GM mode? If you already have a saved GM mode the roster will stay the same as when you first started even if you have downloaded a roster update. So you can either delete your current save or just create a new one with rosters set to "Current" and it should be correct.
See, I don't even know what GM mode is- this is basically for my 9 year old- I just want him to be able to play with an updated Preds roster- whatever that takes......

Old
10-23-2013, 09:21 AM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona5 View Post
I know with xbox if you do not go online to play it will not prompt you to download the roster update. You have to manually do it.

Jones is a beast in the game for sure. Year 1 he is a 77. Year 2 he is a 82-84. Year 3 he turns into a superstar at 88-90.
I guess how to do it manually is what I am trying to figure out. I got to a point where it was asking me to create a login for an EA Origins account- is that online play? Is that what I need to do??????

Old
10-23-2013, 11:22 AM
PFL615

Yes you have to update the latest roster via online. Once you sign into the EA servers it should prompt an update

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 11:53 AM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
Yes you have to update the latest roster via online. Once you sign into the EA servers it should prompt an update
I thought I had done that already, but rosters did not update.

Will give it another try tonight- thanks again for the help.....

Old
10-23-2013, 04:41 PM
Phototropic

I believe, although I am not certain, that you have to have the Origin account to sign into the servers. Definitely give that a shot.

Phototropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 03:21 AM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Kiddin' Around

vCash: 116
Was just giving my condolences about Kevfist when I saw this post. I'm a pretty big nhl14 fan, so I can tell you that you need to make an origin account. After this is done a screen should come up, prompting you to accept a roster update. If this still doesn't work, you will need a gold membership. Fortunately, many games come with a 48 hour card, so your son may already possess access to Gold. As for manually moving him, I don't think EA has him with Portland in this game, so the origin account is the only way to go. PM me if you need any more help.

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 09:09 AM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanthanzalthetruth View Post
Was just giving my condolences about Kevfist when I saw this post. I'm a pretty big nhl14 fan, so I can tell you that you need to make an origin account. After this is done a screen should come up, prompting you to accept a roster update. If this still doesn't work, you will need a gold membership. Fortunately, many games come with a 48 hour card, so your son may already possess access to Gold. As for manually moving him, I don't think EA has him with Portland in this game, so the origin account is the only way to go. PM me if you need any more help.
I have not tried the Origin account yet, so I will give that a shot.

But I can confirm that Seth is on the Portland roster in the game- I was able to move him from Portland to Nashville so he is on the Preds roster and we are able to play with him.

Still want the full roster update though, so I will try the Origin account thing next..

Thanks for the help........

Old
10-24-2013, 09:22 AM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Kiddin' Around

vCash: 116
^ya, it's nice to be updated. Though I'm way too young to be a parent, I'd try to do it without getting him Gold because 9 is probably a bit too young for xbox lol, some of the things people say on there

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 09:32 AM
Persona5

On xbox once you are online and in the NHL 14 menus you go to customize->Roster Management->Download Rosters. Download the most recent update and you will be prompted to save it. Save it under the default roster (ROSTER1) and it will load automatically every time you start the game up. Hope this helps!

Persona5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Infinite Jest

If it turns out that you do need a Gold account and you can't find any free 48 hour trials, let me know. I have a couple lying around that should still be good.

Infinite Jest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 01:00 PM
PFL615

So glad I have a PS3 and do not have to pay for things like a "gold card"

Old
10-25-2013, 02:01 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Agreed. I still have a 30 free trial of PSN Plus or whatever it's called.

10-25-2013, 05:02 PM
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds

Quote:
That changes with PS 4 where PS+ will be required for online play unless the game is a free to play game.

NSHPreds1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 05:34 PM
PFL615

That's ok I've gone 5 years without having to pay for xbox online passes. I can afford to pay for crap like that now.