HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dan Hamhuis

Old
10-23-2013, 12:35 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
No interest in Gardiner for Hamhuis. Honestly JVR or bust, and even then Hamhuis won't be waiving his NTC.

10-23-2013, 12:37 AM
Dark Knight
#WeTheNorth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksRollin View Post

JVR + Gardiner

Hamhuis

Most likely he isn't going anywhere.
That's ridiculous overpayment.

10-23-2013, 12:37 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
While I certainly don't expect to like the answer I hear, what would you want from Washington?
You guys don't have the expendable pieces, he's not quite enough to receive Ovechkin or Backstrom, trading him for Carlson, Alzner or Green would be a downgrade. Maybe something around Kuznetsov, but I don't think either team benefits much from that.

Horvat2Virtanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 12:38 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
That's ridiculous overpayment.
Agreed. But TBH a "ridiculous overpayment" is what it would take for us to move Hamhuis.

Old
10-23-2013, 12:41 AM
Dark Knight
#WeTheNorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler2Burrows View Post
Agreed. But TBH a "ridiculous overpayment" is what it would take for us to move Hamhuis.
Personally, I think Garrison is the better player of the two and I don't even think I'd trade that package for Garrison.

Toronto is much better off going after Girardi. He's struggling mightily in Vigneault's system and fits very well in Toronto's system where Carlyle is craving to implement a defensive system.

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 12:42 AM
CanucksRollin
Tweet@CanucksOnARoll

vCash: 462
Hamhuis is like Olympic bound or a extra so I don't know whats wrong. I know he has been off his game but you can't judge him 7 games out of his career. He is a good shutdown defenseman that would be good for a playoff team. But anyways we will see if his success continues throughout the season.

CanucksRollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 12:44 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Personally, I think Garrison is the better player of the two and I don't even think I'd trade that package for Garrison.

Toronto is much better off going after Girardi. He's struggling mightily in Vigneault's system and fits very well in Toronto's system where Carlyle is craving to implement a defensive system.
I personally disagree with that, although I think it's close I prefer Hamhuis to Garrison. And if I were Toronto I wouldn't give up that package for either Hamhuis or Garrison. JVR has been a beast for you guys.

Old
10-23-2013, 12:47 AM
Todds Chiropractory

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Duchene View Post
Do you really think Garrison is better than Hamhuis?
Nobody, or at least very few people would have said this going into the season, but the way Garrison has played during the 2nd half of last season and this season so far he is quickly becoming the Canucks best defenseman in many people's eyes. Sound defense coupled with strong offensive skills, he's really starting to look like a #1 or at the very least an elite #2 if he keeps this level of play up.

Todds Chiropractory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 12:48 AM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyThoughts View Post
Ever since the 10/11 Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup run I have been completely enamored with Dan Hamhuis. The way he plays appears tailormade to be slotted in beside Dion Phaneuf on our top pairing. At age 30, with 2 years remaining at 4.5M per year I feel his contract is also great bang for buck for what he brings to the table.

So Vancouver Canuck fans, say you guys are outside the playoff picture at the deadline (not saying they will be, just hypothetically) or you guy suffer a 1st round defeat and decide to mix it up a little bit..

What would it take to acquire the godlike defenseman known as Dan Hamhuis?

Hamhuis has a no trade clause and signed with Vancouver because he wanted to play for his home team.

Even if we wanted to trade him (which we never would), he'd likely veto it.

But, just for the sake of this thread, the asking price would probably be a legit top line forward from the Leafs. A package deal for Kessel would be ideal, but I doubt Toronto would want to move their star player. That leaves Lupul or JVR, probably plus given Lupul's injury history and JVR's lack of consistency. Not sure how much plus exactly it would be.

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 12:50 AM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todds Chiropractory View Post
Nobody, or at least very few people would have said this going into the season, but the way Garrison has played during the 2nd half of last season and this season so far he is quickly becoming the Canucks best defenseman in many people's eyes. Sound defense coupled with strong offensive skills, he's really starting to look like a #1 or at the very least an elite #2 if he keeps this level of play up.
Garry is definitely the best right now. Hamhuis has shaken off the rust the last few games and I think we'll start to see him at the level we're used to seeing him at by the end of the month, which is better than Garrison.

Garrison obviously has a superior shot, but Hamhuis at his best is better in all other areas, especially mobility and outlet passes.

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 01:45 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
No but its close.

Hamhuis
Garrison/Edler
Bieksa

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 01:48 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraSphere View Post
Yeah JVR ain't going no where. I mean I know he's good, but from what I've been hearing and watching, he hasn't been so impressive this season and is getting out performed by the likes of Edler Bieska and Garrison

I'd Still give up Gardiner + Kulemin and a prospect or something
Why would we do this? Hamhuis is vastly superior to anything Gardiner will ever become. And we already have better options than Kulemin with Higgins and Hansen. Hell, we allowed MayRay to walk partly because of the abundance of tweener forwards we had.

If you are not willing to part with JVR, Lupul or Kadri. This discussion ends. It's as simply as that.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 01:48 AM
Sergei Shirokov

I would rather not, there's really nothing on Toronto's roster that would be a no brainer to trade him for save Kessel.

Even a guy like JVR or Lupul or Kadri I would be hesitant to do, maybe a package with one of them & Gardiner, but I mean man, Hamhuis is the backbone of our team. (or part of it) Signed to an outstanding contract, he's just one of those pieces that you hate to trade away in any deal.

I don't think we would ever consider doing it, atleast for a price the Leafs would even consider somewhat reasonable.

Old
10-23-2013, 01:49 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Why would we do this? Hamhuis is vastly superior to anything Gardiner will ever become. And we already have better options than Kulemin with Higgins and Hansen. Hell, we allowed MayRay to walk partly because of the abundance of tweener forwards we had.

If you are not willing to part with JVR, Lupul or Kadri. This discussion ends. It's as simply as that.
And to add it begins with one of those guys, I still wouldn't do Hamhuis for any of them 1 for 1 honestly.

Old
10-23-2013, 01:56 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
And to add it begins with one of those guys, I still wouldn't do Hamhuis for any of them 1 for 1 honestly.
Agreed. Hamhuis is the catalyst to our defense. The only defenseman we have remotely similar is Tanev, and there is a steep difference in talent. If we were to trade Hamhuis, it would be for a big overpayment because we are not even entertaining the idea.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 02:02 AM
iFan
McDavid to Virtanen

Quote:
No, many Canuck fans on here are unreliable one minute they want Garrison gone for a bag of pucks(last season) then they love him, same with every player on the Nucks from Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Edler, Bieksa, Garrison and just a week ago Hamhuis freaking ridiculous. Hamhuis and Edler are our best D man and Bieksa and Garrison aren't fair behind, our D can suffer from consistency and this is the 1st time Hamhuis has shown bad play since time here and he's over that hump now and back to his old self.

Also Stastny isn't anywhere near enough for Hamhuis your looking st RoR, not a chance your getting a top pairing D man on contract for him as a ufa and don't want even if he comes signed for Hamhuis.

Last edited by iFan: 10-23-2013 at 02:10 AM.
iFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 02:05 AM
iFan
McDavid to Virtanen

I'd do Hamhuis for Morgan Rielly, top pairing D man like Hamhuis won't come cheap and he won't waive anyways he signed here to be close to his family.

Old
10-23-2013, 02:10 AM
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

vCash: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFan View Post
I'd do Hamhuis for Morgan Rielly, top pairing D man like Hamhuis won't come cheap and he won't waive anyways he signed here to be close to his family.
I would not do that. Rielly wishes he becomes as good as Hamhuis some day.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 02:22 AM
iFan
McDavid to Virtanen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
I would not do that. Rielly wishes he becomes as good as Hamhuis some day.
Their different types of D man ones a **** down type the other a puck mover offensive type. Rielly is one of the Leafs I would love to have on the Nucks, a young D man to grow with Horvat and the rest, would never happen cause Hamhuis would never waive and I wouldn't really want to move Hamhuis.

Last edited by iFan: 10-23-2013 at 02:27 AM.
Old
10-23-2013, 02:29 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Garrison has probably been the consistently better player the last 50 games. Hamhuis is the best when they're both at the top of their games, though.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 02:37 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Yes.

LPH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 02:43 AM
SillyRabbit
Trix Are For Kids

vCash: 1250
Would not trade Hamhuis straight up for anyone on the Leafs roster except Kessel.

Like mentioned above, it's one of:

Lupul+
Kadri+
JVR+
Rielly+
Gardiner++

and even then, the + needs to be something very good to even tempt us.

Hamhuis has too much value to the Vancouver D-Core.

SillyRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 05:07 AM
ohnoeszz

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFan View Post
No, many Canuck fans on here are unreliable one minute they want Garrison gone for a bag of pucks(last season) then they love him, same with every player on the Nucks from Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Edler, Bieksa, Garrison and just a week ago Hamhuis freaking ridiculous. Hamhuis and Edler are our best D man and Bieksa and Garrison aren't fair behind, our D can suffer from consistency and this is the 1st time Hamhuis has shown bad play since time here and he's over that hump now and back to his old self.

Also Stastny isn't anywhere near enough for Hamhuis your looking st RoR, not a chance your getting a top pairing D man on contract for him as a ufa and don't want even if he comes signed for Hamhuis.
Its perfectly reasonable to view Garrison as the best Canuck D at this point. I think any of Edler, Hamhuis, and Garrison can make a case for it.

ohnoeszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 05:18 AM
Geese_Howard*

Lol keep him Canucks fans. You want our #1 winger and a top 4 dman for a #2 dman....

Geese_Howard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 05:54 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bxQb View Post
Hamhuis has a no trade clause and signed with Vancouver because he wanted to play for his home team.

Even if we wanted to trade him (which we never would), he'd likely veto it.

Agreed

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote