HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Zuccarello clear waivers?

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2013, 12:59 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

vCash: 500
What's the stats so far?

7 games played
11 goal scored
Only 4 forwards have scored..

Something is rotten in Denmark, as they say...

Mza's never been known as a scoring machine, but I scratch my head at his play the last 3 games..

Not sure if it's the skates or what but he seems slower the last 3 games. Could he be trying to play injured?is he over thinking everything cause based on his style of play last season he doesn't seem overpowered..

But he falls more often these days, so I don't know Jack...

Old
10-23-2013, 04:57 AM
JHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
What's the stats so far?

7 games played
11 goal scored
Only 4 forwards have scored..

Something is rotten in Denmark, as they say...

Mza's never been known as a scoring machine, but I scratch my head at his play the last 3 games..

Not sure if it's the skates or what but he seems slower the last 3 games. Could he be trying to play injured?is he over thinking everything cause based on his style of play last season he doesn't seem overpowered..

But he falls more often these days, so I don't know Jack...

His falling may have something to do with the recent arenas the Rangers have played in. I hear the mosquito population is really bad in Washington and New Jersey this time of year. Some may have gotten into the arena and flew into Mats while he was skating causing him to fall down.

Old
10-23-2013, 05:06 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

I believe X-Box have a new console out these days? Same thing happend With David James (UK national soccer goalie) a while back.

David James and Nintendo: The former Armani model was dubbed 'Calamity James' following a string of inept performances in the Liverpool goal. He blamed his inability to catch a ball on a loss of concentration resulting from marathon eight-hour sessions on his addictive Nintendo games console. "I was getting carried away playing Tekken II and Teamrider. I didn't play well. It was a difficult game and I made some mistakes. I realise now my preparation was not right," he said at the time. He wasn't doing too well on the football pitch either. But his pitiful excuses did more to promote Nintendo than Super Mario ever could.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...sport.comment2

It is a poorly hidden Secret that Zuccarello spent his entire time off in Russia playing video games. Reputed to have a big locker room precence, he might have passed it on. At least Calamity Hank is a suspect. Someone should stop by were they live and at least open up a window or something.

James is playing in the Icelandic League now (if that could add to the motivation).

Old
10-23-2013, 07:44 AM
Pistachio
I love your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemymum View Post
I believe X-Box have a new console out these days? Same thing happend With David James (UK national soccer goalie) a while back.

David James and Nintendo: The former Armani model was dubbed 'Calamity James' following a string of inept performances in the Liverpool goal. He blamed his inability to catch a ball on a loss of concentration resulting from marathon eight-hour sessions on his addictive Nintendo games console. "I was getting carried away playing Tekken II and Teamrider. I didn't play well. It was a difficult game and I made some mistakes. I realise now my preparation was not right," he said at the time. He wasn't doing too well on the football pitch either. But his pitiful excuses did more to promote Nintendo than Super Mario ever could.

It is a poorly hidden Secret that Zuccarello spent his entire time off in Russia playing video games. Reputed to have a big locker room precence, he might have passed it on. At least Calamity Hank is a suspect. Someone should stop by were they live and at least open up a window or something.

James is playing in the Icelandic League now (if that could add to the motivation).

First of all, you have no idea what you're talking about. I know for a fact that he didn't "spend all his time playing video games".

Second of all, no Xbox doesn't have a new console out. It won't be out for another month.

Thirdly, Zuccarello's time in Russia has been attributed to raising his level of play significantly. As he returned to the NHL from Russia, he was one of the driving forces in the Rangers. Considered, by many, to be one of the top 3 forwards for the team during that time.

Fourthly, David James is 43 years old. After that video game thing you so gladly attribute to his decline, he played another 13 years of Premier league football. That thing happened before he became the goalie for the UK national team...

Last edited by Bob Richards: 10-23-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old
10-23-2013, 08:36 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Ouch. I hate facts.

Old
10-23-2013, 10:07 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
#NYR lines so far: Kreider-Stepan-Richards, Pouliot-Brassard-Miller, Pyatt-Boyle-Fast, Mashinter-D. Moore-Dorsett
https://twitter.com/AGrossRecord/sta...30255822139392

Someone is missing

Quote:
Mats Zuccarello is on the ice practicing, just wasn't on the last couple of line drills.
https://twitter.com/AGrossRecord/sta...31064773349376

Healthy scratch for tomorrow?

Old
10-23-2013, 10:11 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
I was just about to post this. Sounds like it...

Old
10-23-2013, 10:12 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
I was just about to post this. Sounds like it...
light a fire under his arse or he's a goner soon

I highly doubt Mashinter helps though

Old
10-23-2013, 10:14 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
light a fire under his arse or he's a goner soon

I highly doubt Mashinter helps though
I have liked Mashinter since he came over. I would rather see him on the 4th line for 10 games to give him a legit shot and then either move on or keep him. Time for some of these kids to **** or get off the pot. He's one of them.

The team needs more truculence.

Old
10-23-2013, 10:14 AM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

I hope there's a trade coming up, this team is not the right one for Zuccarello.

Old
10-23-2013, 10:16 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 31s
Mats Zuccarello now skating on Brian Boyle's line with Jesper Fast during drills. Pyatt was there earlier in practice.
Maybe it's Pyatt

Old
10-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
I have liked Mashinter since he came over. I would rather see him on the 4th line for 10 games to give him a legit shot and then either move on or keep him. Time for some of these kids to **** or get off the pot. He's one of them.

The team needs more truculence.
hey I don't blame them for trying. They acquired the kid and he's done well in the minors so he will get a look. Its better than some of the other underachievers continuing to get ice time

I am hoping Miller and Kreider give this team some life.

Old
10-23-2013, 11:01 AM
mrmovies779

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistachio View Post
First of all, you have no idea what you're talking about. I know for a fact that he didn't "spend all his time playing video games".

Second of all, no Xbox doesn't have a new console out. It won't be out for another month.

Thirdly, Zuccarello's time in Russia has been attributed to raising his level of play significantly. As he returned to the NHL from Russia, he was one of the driving forces in the Rangers. Considered, by many, to be one of the top 3 forwards for the team during that time.

Fourthly, David James is 43 years old. After that video game thing you so gladly attribute to his decline, he played another 13 years of Premier league football. That thing happened before he became the goalie for the UK national team...

Fifthly, are you high?
WOOOOOOOOOSH

right over your head

Old
10-23-2013, 11:03 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Maybe it's Pyatt
Pyatt, Zuccarello, Pouliot. Whoever.

Have them draw straws - they all deserve a seat

Old
10-23-2013, 12:59 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Arniel had a discussion with Zuccarello after practice. Looks like he will be the healthy scratch.

Old
10-23-2013, 01:31 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Yeah, poor Zucc. No team is the right team for him.

Old
10-23-2013, 02:22 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemymum View Post

He does live together with Hagelin,no? Is he a video gamer too?

Old
10-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Idlerlee
Always play Richards

vCash: 145
I dont mind Zucc sitting a match, at least people will understand that he is not the problem with the team.

Oh wait they wont

Old
10-23-2013, 02:34 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Yeah, poor Zucc. No team is the right team for him.
New York Rangers is the team for Zuccarello.
Unfortunately Zuccarello might not the right player for The Rangers.

But I wouldn't doubt a second that his heart is in The Rangers. If he get some more chances, he got to make the most out of it. Like those 15 last games of last regular season.

Old
10-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Just saw an interview mza did with Norwegian tv2 today, he said that the way he's played lately it wouldn't surprice him if he has sit out the next game..

He seemed as dissapointed in his season as we are..

Old
10-23-2013, 03:14 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlerlee View Post
I dont mind Zucc sitting a match, at least people will understand that he is not the problem with the team.
Thats a pretty good point, if they suck tomorrow Zucc is off the hook

The little hobbit shouldnt play against the Flyers anyway, it's going to be a bone crushing event. We dont want to search for him up on the concourse.

Old
10-23-2013, 03:55 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Text version of a Norwegian interview;

Quote:
Det er ingen hemmelighet at jeg har spilt dritdårlig. Og det er ikke noe gøy når man ikke bidrar. Det ender med at man tenker mye. Slik det ser ut nå tror jeg neppe at jeg spiller i morgen, sier Zuccarello
Translation;

It's no secret that I've played piss poor, when you do that you end up overthinking things..

By the looks of things, I'm not playing tomorrow..

Old
10-23-2013, 04:02 PM
nyrleetch

I'd rather see a struggling Zuccarello over Pyatt. I still think he's a very good passer he just needs some finishers on his line.

Old
10-23-2013, 04:11 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Latest Zuccarello news

The whole story from Norwegian tv, google translated
Ignore the included video unless you understand the language.

Old
10-23-2013, 08:00 PM
mrmovies779

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlerlee View Post

Oh wait they wont
If he was a solution,he wouldn't be sitting out tomorrow

Closed Thread