HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread - Mk 2.0 - Steals and Ripoffs

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2013, 09:29 AM
24Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
If I'm the Habs GM, my trading block would be like so:

DD-really nothing to see here but he can be moved to a team like Dallas and Nashville

Diaz-I know many here like him and I do to but....

Gorges-Depending on the trade, I still dangle his services.

Gionta-Yes the captain.

Plekanec-Yes he does the little thing right but that's why, he has great value.

Beaulieu-young, talented and almost NHL ready. I'm sure he would gather good interest.

I'm not suggesting trading them all but I would be making phone calls.
Let's hang onto Plekanec. He's one of the more under-rated players in the league for the two way game he brings to a team. Sometimes I watch Beaulieu and think of Hainsey (if so trade him now), other times he reminds me of Eric Desjardins (if so, resist trading).

Old
10-23-2013, 09:30 AM
Stephaaane

Would you do a 1 VS 1:

Bogosian VS Eller

If you don't, just in terms of value, without considering needs and surplus, is this a fair trade?

Paciorrety-Plekanec-Gionta
Prust-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Bourque-Desharnais-Brière
Bournival-White-Moen

Markov-Subban
Bogosian-Gorges
Emelin-Diaz

Old
10-23-2013, 09:34 AM
sampollock

team won't win many games with 1 line that is a scoring threat, MB must be worried

Old
10-23-2013, 09:34 AM
compile

vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephaaane View Post
Would you do a 1 VS 1:

Bogosian VS Eller

If you don't, just in terms of value, without considering needs and surplus, is this a fair trade?

Paciorrety-Plekanec-Gionta
Prust-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Bourque-Desharnais-Brière
Bournival-White-Moen

Markov-Subban
Bogosian-Gorges
Emelin-Diaz
Why would we trade our best forward?

Old
10-23-2013, 09:35 AM
WestIslander

Desharnais and Diaz have to go, they are not making this team any better in fact, they are making the team worse.

Trade them for picks and depth players for Hamilton.

I would rather see...

Pacioretty - Briere - Bourque
Bournival - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Moen - White - Prust
Parros

Markov - Subban
Gorges - Emelin
Tinordi - Bouillon
Murray

Price
Budaj

Old
10-23-2013, 09:38 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

I wouldn't trade Beaulieu as in my opinion, he's the logical replacement for Markov within a year or two.

Old
10-23-2013, 10:03 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I wouldn't trade Beaulieu as in my opinion, he's the logical replacement for Markov within a year or two.
Not so fast. Beaulieu has a lto to learn before he's a consistent impact player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Cups View Post
Let's hang onto Plekanec. He's one of the more under-rated players in the league for the two way game he brings to a team. Sometimes I watch Beaulieu and think of Hainsey (if so trade him now), other times he reminds me of Eric Desjardins (if so, resist trading).
Hang on to Plekanec is idea but at the same time, he has great value.
Let me ask if you would consider Zajac for Plekanec? Bigger, stronger on face off and RH but slower.
Beaulieu is a tricky card, no dough.

Old
10-23-2013, 10:04 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
team won't win many games with 1 line that is a scoring threat, MB must be worried
im sure he is but he also cant go crazy and make a bone head deal just to stop the bleeding.

He will be patient and if the right deal is there, he`ll make it....

meanwhile, im going to pay closer attention to the top 10-12 prospects for the coming draft

Old
10-23-2013, 10:08 AM
odishabs

Beaulieu and a 1st for Kulikov

Desharnais and a 3rd for Kopecky

Old
10-23-2013, 10:32 AM
shutehinside

Anyone else feel a trade coming soon?

I know this line up is a shell of what it should be, but it's given a great insight into the lack of depth up front. Given where we are right now, we can't afford to slip back in the standings and play catch up the rest of the year.

As we stand, the call ups can't be expected to do more than not **** up, the vets seem to have lost a step or two and the only line we have going are kids who are now being targeted as a 1st line and going up against the others teams top line for the first time.

We definately need help right now in the form of a big top 6 winger and a solid physical defenseman. Once we get some bodies back, we'll just have more depth and be better able to role 4 complete lines and be more physical for the playoffs (assuming we make it).

Targeting a guy like Kopecky and Kulikov for the right price (DD, I'm looking at you) may be just what the doctor ordered.

Kopeck and DD straight up. Similiar salaries and both not producing but DD has had better numbers in the past.

Kulikov for a prospect and a pick. Maybe something like Pateryn and Leblanc or a pick, throw in Diaz, whatever helps facilitate a deal.

Last edited by shutehinside: 10-23-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old
10-23-2013, 11:15 AM
TT1

landing kulikov and a player like downie would be pretty big if it doesnt hurt our roster too much, gorges would def have to be moving

Old
10-23-2013, 12:06 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
You want Plekanec traded?

Do you...do you not grasp the whole concept of hockey...or?
Plekanec has been bad this year and he wasn't very good last year. And no, the usual "bad line mates" and "he's so good defensively" don't really apply. He's not bringing the impact he should or is claimed to, if we can get a player who will in a trade, that's good news.

Old
10-23-2013, 01:34 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Plekanec has been bad this year and he wasn't very good last year. And no, the usual "bad line mates" and "he's so good defensively" don't really apply. He's not bringing the impact he should or is claimed to, if we can get a player who will in a trade, that's good news.
Why don't facts apply all of a sudden?

Old
10-23-2013, 01:41 PM
sampollock

Habs would be far better off with 2 more bigger type grinders then. DD and Diaz. At least they won't get pushed around.

Old
10-23-2013, 01:43 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
He's been fine. 2nd in terms of forwards (points) last year, and one of our best defensive forwards.

Great 5 on 5 numbers. Really good PP production (top 35 in the league over last 3 years IIRC). Takes all the toughest assignments.

I mean, if we disregard the reality of his play, sure, he's been bad. BUT, if we look at it with our eyes open, what you said is absolutely false.

He's pretty much always one of our best forwards. What else do you want?

It never ceases to amaze me how some people don't acknowledged how important he is to our team.

Old
10-23-2013, 01:51 PM
Go Habs Go

We need to get rid of :

1. DD
2. Bouillon
3. Briere

I would rather release DD and lose him for nothing than to hold on to him while he's taking the place of a Bournival or Leblanc. He's worst then Gomez ffs..

Bouillon is just done. Love the player, great heart but he's done. Judgement error after error.

Briere... so far he's useless and considering his age and the amount of time he was playing, I can't see how he can get better. If he's just here for the playoffs, then he should be getting less than half the salary he's currently being paid.

And I wouldn't replace any of these guys. Use the cap space to resign guys like Subban and Eller.

Gionta...his contract is almost done, I hope they don't resign him. Got a lot of heart for a little guy but he's a 3rd liner or 4th liner at best nowadays.

Old
10-23-2013, 01:53 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Why don't facts apply all of a sudden?
They aren't facts. He's played primarily with Bourque and Gionta, both decent, veteran players. Not liabilities, not our best. His defensive game has been okay but nothing special.

This year, I've watched him in each game miss assignments defensively while being pinned in our zone and not being able to cause a transition. That line, which Plekanec has been a huge part of, has been a non-factor. The only time we've seen a line of his do anything of note was when he was playing with Gallagher and Galchenyuk .... and in that situation, he was holding those two back.

If you watch tape of Plekanec two-three years ago and compare it to now, there's a huge difference. He's riding on the coattails of his prior success and being a consistent, healthy player for most of his career. He's a passenger right now.

I'm not saying he's worthless or causing losses, I'm saying he should be taken off the pedestal he's on. He hasn't played like the Plekanec we like to think he is.

Plekanec's play embodies the "whole concept of hockey"? Ridiculous.

Old
10-23-2013, 01:54 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
We need to get rid of :

1. DD
2. Bouillon
3. Briere

I would rather release DD and lose him for nothing than to hold on to him while he's taking the place of a Bournival or Leblanc. He's worst then Gomez ffs..

Bouillon is just done. Love the player, great heart but he's done. Judgement error after error.

Briere... so far he's useless and considering his age and the amount of time he was playing, I can't see how he can get better. If he's just here for the playoffs, then he should be getting less than half the salary he's currently being paid.

And I wouldn't replace any of these guys. Use the cap space to resign guys like Subban and Eller.

Gionta...his contract is almost done, I hope they don't resign him. Got a lot of heart for a little guy but he's a 3rd liner or 4th liner at best nowadays.
HATER!

But seriously, the myth that french canadians play harder/better for the Habs is just pure bullcrap.

Old
10-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
Beaulieu and a 1st for Kulikov

Desharnais and a 3rd for Kopecky
The Beauliu trade is probably best for everyone involved, my only concern would be we couldn't be drafting Top 10 in the draft otherwise it would be a brutal trade with shades of Burke all over it. If the trade meant we could move Gorges for an okay young player/ prospect + maybe a 2nd round pick I would like it even more.

Old
10-23-2013, 01:56 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:

Plekanec's play embodies the "whole concept of hockey"? Ridiculous.
He's on pace for almost 60 points while facing the top opponents, and carrying two struggling players on his wings.

He has the best even strength Corsi QoC on the team.

What's the problem again?

Last edited by Dr Gonzo: 10-23-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old
10-23-2013, 02:07 PM
Draft

Quote:
He's on pace for almost 60 points while facing the top opponents, and carrying two struggling players on his wings.

What's the problem again?
Bourque has looked better with Desharnais than with Plekanec.

Who cares how many points he's on pace for? We haven't even played a quarter of the season.

How has Plekanec been worthy of praise this year? He's been invisible and frustrating when you notice him.

Old
10-23-2013, 02:09 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Bourque has looked better with Desharnais than with Plekanec.

Who cares how many points he's on pace for? We haven't even played a quarter of the season.

How has Plekanec been worthy of praise this year? He's been invisible and frustrating when you notice him.
So basically let's throw out all the facts, and base it on your perception of his play. We can't talk about his production this year, yet your perception of this very young season is valid.

Got it.

I perceive him to continue his great 5 on 5 play (best on the team as was pointed out), his great PP production (top 35 in the league over last few years), his constant even strength production and his tough assignments.

To each their own.

I wouldn't trade one of our best, and one of our most important forwards, but that's just me.

Unless you can get a defensively responsible forward, who can take tough minutes with wingers that aren't producing. IE: a Plekanec clone. If that's the case, (and no one shops those type of forwards), I guess you should pull the trigger on a sideways trade.

Old
10-23-2013, 03:07 PM
goman

Quote:
So basically let's throw out all the facts, and base it on your perception of his play. We can't talk about his production this year, yet your perception of this very young season is valid.

Got it.

I perceive him to continue his great 5 on 5 play (best on the team as was pointed out), his great PP production (top 35 in the league over last few years), his constant even strength production and his tough assignments.

To each their own.

I wouldn't trade one of our best, and one of our most important forwards, but that's just me.

Unless you can get a defensively responsible forward, who can take tough minutes with wingers that aren't producing. IE: a Plekanec clone. If that's the case, (and no one shops those type of forwards), I guess you should pull the trigger on a sideways trade.
I've always hoped we'd hold on to Plekanec, and let him become the best 3rd line C in the league. Next contract he'll be paid like one (it'll probably be about the same as he's making now by then).

I'd love to see Galchenyuk, Eller, Plekanec, White as our C depth. Once Galchenyuk is ready to play C fulltime I think that's a great lineup.

We haven't seen a 70 point season in a while and maybe we won't see one again from Plekanec, but he's invaluable to the team.

Speaking of our veterans, I say keep Markov as well. He's still got a lot to give and like Plekanec (maybe even Chelios), could be very effective in a limited capacity for quite a while.

Old
10-23-2013, 03:11 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Instead of Kulikov i woul look at Gudbranson. Big right-handed dman, a habs fan and speak french for the media.

Old
10-23-2013, 03:21 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Again I am waiting his the big signature move as a gm... I am not sure he can pull a nice big one... I hope im wrong but seing the type of signings he does doesnt give me much confidence

Closed Thread