HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Henrik Sedin Appreciation

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-24-2012, 05:27 PM
  #26
CanadianPirate
Registered User
 
CanadianPirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,224
vCash: 500
Sigh, my post got deleted, my fault for responding to the troll though. I am reposting my edit because I think it adds something.

Henrik Sedin became my favourite player this playoff. Not only did he raise his game he also stood out because of his class. One incident in particular really stood out to me. The team had just lost game 5 and were exiting the ice. A little girl had her hand stuck out hoping as the players walked through the tunnel someone would acknowledge her in some way. Every canuck ignored her except for Henrik Sedin. He stopped and gave her his stick. This showed me that even though his was disappointed he still thought of the fans.

CanadianPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 05:30 PM
  #27
Mr. Canucklehead
Global Moderator
Kitimat Canuck
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,154
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPirate View Post
Sigh, my post got deleted, my fault for responding to the troll though. I am reposting my edit because I think it adds something.

Henrik Sedin became my favourite player this playoff. Not only did he raise his game he also stood out because of his class. One incident in particular really stood out to me. The team had just lost game 5 and were exiting the ice. A little girl had her hand stuck out hoping as the players walked through the tunnel someone would acknowledge her in some way. Every canuck ignored her except for Henrik Sedin. He stopped and gave her his stick. This showed me that even though his was disappointed he still thought of the fans.
Hank is all class. The stories we heard from the LA and Dallas fans a few pages back, and this...just wow. He's like a Swedish Trevor Linden.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:09 PM
  #28
Dado
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Henrik was a stud. No ifs ands or buts.

  Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:46 PM
  #29
daik0n
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 42
vCash: 500
gain my respect this playoff. truly "the heart and soul" of this team

daik0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:50 PM
  #30
Flik
Canucks fan for life
 
Flik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dallas, Texas
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,480
vCash: 50
Amazing player. Amazing captain and an even better human being.

I would be absolutely devastated if he and his brother do not:

1) Win a cup as Canucks
2) Retire as Canucks

One day we're going to look back on the Sedin era of the team and realize just how lucky we are to have had both of them.

Flik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:54 PM
  #31
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 55,083
vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
I'm not going to make several posts in here given this is a thread specifically to praise Hank. All I'll say is that he was outplayed by the Kings captain, but he did show me more than last year and more than I thought we'd get. Loved his hit in Brown in game 4.

y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 07:49 PM
  #32
yapperface
McCannabis
 
yapperface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I'm not going to make several posts in here given this is a thread specifically to praise Hank. All I'll say is that he was outplayed by the Kings captain, but he did show me more than last year and more than I thought we'd get. Loved his hit in Brown in game 4.
Man, if you're copping to it, then he definitely did well!

yapperface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 07:51 PM
  #33
chopkins
Super Bowl Champs
 
chopkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveeviL View Post
Not all people appreciate equally much...
Pls, give them a post back for me.


http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...155909&page=18
Done. The few fans bashing him seemed so desperate to have him on their team before he said no. Funny how rejection brings out the worst feelings. "He'd rather play for money than honour." Yeah, okay.

chopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 08:26 PM
  #34
timw33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,684
vCash: 500
Terrific player. Having a second line behind him would do wonders.

timw33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:49 AM
  #35
Smokey McCanucks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,694
vCash: 500
Henrik was fired up, he was playing like a boss all series. Too bad nobody else was, but it was still an impressive performance.

Smokey McCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:44 AM
  #36
larsmark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Örnsköldsvik
Country: Sweden
Posts: 633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flik View Post
Amazing player. Amazing captain and an even better human being.

I would be absolutely devastated if he and his brother do not:

1) Win a cup as Canucks
2) Retire as Canucks

One day we're going to look back on the Sedin era of the team and realize just how lucky we are to have had both of them.
My guess is that they will never play for any other NHL team. But they have stated several times that they want to come back and play for MODO before they are too old and suck. Which I am hoping for is in the end of this contract in two years.

larsmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:10 AM
  #37
Mr. Canucklehead
Global Moderator
Kitimat Canuck
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,154
vCash: 50
Hard to believe Hank is only 8 games away from 900 in the NHL and as a Canuck...where does the time go?

If all goes well next year, he'll also become the first Canuck to eclipse the 800 point mark. (currently at 747)

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:52 AM
  #38
ephmrl
#tanknation
 
ephmrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,989
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to ephmrl Send a message via Skype™ to ephmrl
Don't know if anyone noticed but when the nucks were leaving the ice after being eliminated Henrik was the only one to give his stick to a fan.

ephmrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:04 PM
  #39
vadim sharifijanov
free higgy
 
vadim sharifijanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 12,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoVonMatterhorn View Post
Don't know if anyone noticed but when the nucks were leaving the ice after being eliminated Henrik was the only one to give his stick to a fan.
i noticed that. kid's hand was hanging over the glass and everyone else on the team walks by with their heads down ignoring the kid after the tough loss (which is totally understandable). hank hands the kid his stick.

it was discussed in the PGT for game 5, and i believe has been mentioned earlier in this thread too.

vadim sharifijanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:18 PM
  #40
wholesickcrew
Registered User
 
wholesickcrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by larsmark View Post
My guess is that they will never play for any other NHL team. But they have stated several times that they want to come back and play for MODO before they are too old and suck. Which I am hoping for is in the end of this contract in two years.
I'm hoping they can win the Cup and go back to Sweden to give back to the community there, and to do it while they can still play. That is, unless people continue to be as hard on the Sedins as they are in the Olympics thread posted above... then we'll just be happy to keep them.

Henrik's been my favourite Canuck for quite some time now, and it's good to see him get more recognition.

wholesickcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 04:49 PM
  #41
TheLastSedin
Registered User
 
TheLastSedin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 657
vCash: 500
Henrik became my favourite player as soon as he lost Daniel to an injury. He stepped up as a leader and a top playmaker in the west to become MVP. Now under torts splitting the brothers up, Henrik is rising to the occasion again.

TheLastSedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 04:55 PM
  #42
luongo321
Registered User
 
luongo321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 12,056
vCash: 50
Henrik was insane in the LA series. I was so happy that he elevated his game to another level. If he had done that in the SCF, the results may have been different. However, in the sj series a year later, I didn't see that same elevated play. Hopefully Tortz can get Henrik and/or Daniel to elevate their game in the playoffs consistently.

luongo321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.