HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

MTL/PIT Proposal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-09-2006, 02:29 PM
  #1
SpreeEndaz
Registered User
 
SpreeEndaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Around MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,541
vCash: 500
MTL/PIT Proposal

Janne Niinimaa for the rights on Zigmund Palffy. Do you think the Pens would need some depth in the defensive aspect? I don't think that the rights on a retired player could cost that much and I would be willing to take the risk.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 02:44 PM
  #2
Martyros
Registered User
 
Martyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Holly Hood
Country: Armenia
Posts: 5,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
Janne Niinimaa for the rights on Zigmund Palffy. Do you think the Pens would need some depth in the defensive aspect? I don't think that the rights on a retired player could cost that much and I would be willing to take the risk.
right now, you can't say what ziggy is thinking....maybe he wants to play for the pens and try playing with crosby again. and why the hell would deal palffy for underachieving niinimaa? i doubt that the kings wouldnt be looking for his services.....they don't REALLY need a scoring winger, but it would only make the team deaper at the wing spot. Having avery( who doesn't even look at the ****ing goal when he's shooting) on the top 2 scoring lines is just pathetic. but he is a very good choice for a 3rd liner, do doubt about it.
pens aren't going to take niinimaa's contract for a player who is getting set for a comeback

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 02:50 PM
  #3
SpreeEndaz
Registered User
 
SpreeEndaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Around MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,541
vCash: 500
Well, Pittsburgh has a great offense, they might want a bit of depth in D if they want a long playoff run .

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 03:10 PM
  #4
#66
Registered User
 
#66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 10,290
vCash: 500
The Pens need help on D not Janne Niinimaa.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 03:11 PM
  #5
Garo
Registered User
 
Garo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montréal
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
The Pens need help on D not Janne Niinimaa.
Niinimaa was actually good while Markov was out... it was only two games though.

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 03:32 PM
  #6
Zoo
Registered User
 
Zoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: New Zealand
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 5,768
vCash: 500
If there was any chance of Ziggy coming the back, there is no way the pens trade his rights for Niinimaa.

We are lacking top 6 wingers above everything else.

Zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 03:35 PM
  #7
SpreeEndaz
Registered User
 
SpreeEndaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Around MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo View Post
If there was any chance of Ziggy coming the back, there is no way the pens trade his rights for Niinimaa.

We are lacking top 6 wingers above everything else.
I think the words in bold should make you understand the whole point of the risk-taking business.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 03:53 PM
  #8
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
I think the words in bold should make you understand the whole point of the risk-taking business.
But... if there wasn't any chance of Palffy coming back (as far as Bob Gainey knows) then why on earth would we trade for his rights? Zoo nailed it. If Palffy was coming back, the Pens aren't going to trade him for Niinimaa. If we don't know he's coming back, we're not going to trade our depth defenseman for the name of an ostensibly retired player. There are simpler ways to dispose of Niinimaa's salary, if that should ever become a major concern. Until and unless it does, he serves a purpose with the Habs.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 04:20 PM
  #9
flannelman
They're,Their,There
 
flannelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lempster, NH
Country: Ireland
Posts: 10,663
vCash: 920
And if he came back, supposing this trade went through, then they would be tagged with his salary... I believe it was in the area of 5 million before his retirement... but I could be mistaken.

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 04:30 PM
  #10
clefty
What?
 
clefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Fujairah
Posts: 15,181
vCash: 500
All of this thread is a moot point. His shoulder is busted, his retirement from the NHL is permanent.

A dude on a Penguins fan site translates articles out of Eastern Europe every so often.

Interview with Slovak Press Agency SITA:

Main points:

- "First, I want to consult my situation with the [Canadian] doctor who did my first shoulder surgery. However, we will meet in April, when the season practically ends. Thus it's almost certain I won't appear on the ace this year."

- on living without hockey: "It's quite tough. I was playing almost my whole life, and now I am without hockey. However, everybody has to understand eventually that health is the most inportant thing in life."

- on continuing problems with the shoulder: it's still there. Apparently, he can't even put his hand under his head while laying down. "After the April tests, we will see what's with me, whether the shoulder would hold up. It hurts from the inside, not from the outside. I have never used pain as an excuse, and I don't do it now."

- on his return to NHL: "I have already mentioned it several times; NHL is out of question. My wife is expecting a baby, so I would either play in Europe, or nowhere at all. Personally, I was hoping to return even this season, but my health did not allow me that. I was talking to Slavia [Prague] and several other teams."

http://www.bleskovky.sk/cl/12/132893...a-lad-nechysta


Last edited by clefty: 12-10-2006 at 03:38 AM.
clefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 04:37 PM
  #11
66-29-33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,526
vCash: 500
Take out Niinimaa and add Kovalev and it's a deal.

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 06:28 PM
  #12
StanAjax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Nantes
Country: France
Posts: 1,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Take out Niinimaa and add Kovalev and it's a deal.
Only if you add the rights to Mario Lemieux.

StanAjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 06:58 PM
  #13
SpreeEndaz
Registered User
 
SpreeEndaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Around MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
All of this thread is a moot point. His shoulder is busted, his retirement from the NHL is permanent.

A dude on a Penguins fan site translates articles out of Eastern Europe every so often.

Interview with Slovak Press Agency SITA:

Main points:

- "First, I want to consult my situation with the [Canadian] doctor who did my first shoulder surgery. However, we will meet in April, when the season practically ends. Thus it's almost certain I won't appear on the ace this year."

- on living without hockey: "It's quite tough. I was playing almost my whole life, and now I am without hockey. However, everybody has to understand eventually that health is the most inportant thing in life."

- on continuing problems with the shoulder: it's still there. Apparently, he can't even put his hand under his head while laying down. "After the April tests, we will see what's with me, whether the shoulder would hold up. It hurts from the inside, not from the outside. I have never used pain as an excuse, and I don't do it now."

- on his return to NHL: "I have already mentioned it several times; NHL is out of question. My wife is expecting a baby, so I would either play in Europe, or nowhere at all. Personally, I was hoping to return even this season, but my health did not allow me that. I was talking to Slavia [Prague] and several other teams."

http://www.bleskovky.sk/cl/12/132893...a-lad-nechysta

How old is this?

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 03:36 AM
  #14
clefty
What?
 
clefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Fujairah
Posts: 15,181
vCash: 500
What difference does it make?

Like, two weeks if you must know.

clefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 10:47 AM
  #15
AlMo
Registered User
 
AlMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Portugal
Posts: 9,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
Janne Niinimaa for the rights on Zigmund Palffy. Do you think the Pens would need some depth in the defensive aspect? I don't think that the rights on a retired player could cost that much and I would be willing to take the risk.
This isn't 1998. No one wants Niimimaa, not even for a bag of pucks. What could he possibly add to the Pens D-Core except salary?

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 10:49 AM
  #16
Bryzga lol*
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 500
That's like trading the rights of Palffy for a 2 million dollar punch in the groin.

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.