HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

MTL/PIT Proposal

Old
12-09-2006, 02:29 PM
SpreeEndaz

vCash: 500
MTL/PIT Proposal

Janne Niinimaa for the rights on Zigmund Palffy. Do you think the Pens would need some depth in the defensive aspect? I don't think that the rights on a retired player could cost that much and I would be willing to take the risk.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
Janne Niinimaa for the rights on Zigmund Palffy. Do you think the Pens would need some depth in the defensive aspect? I don't think that the rights on a retired player could cost that much and I would be willing to take the risk.
right now, you can't say what ziggy is thinking....maybe he wants to play for the pens and try playing with crosby again. and why the hell would deal palffy for underachieving niinimaa? i doubt that the kings wouldnt be looking for his services.....they don't REALLY need a scoring winger, but it would only make the team deaper at the wing spot. Having avery( who doesn't even look at the ****ing goal when he's shooting) on the top 2 scoring lines is just pathetic. but he is a very good choice for a 3rd liner, do doubt about it.
pens aren't going to take niinimaa's contract for a player who is getting set for a comeback

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 02:50 PM
SpreeEndaz

Well, Pittsburgh has a great offense, they might want a bit of depth in D if they want a long playoff run .

Old
12-09-2006, 03:10 PM

The Pens need help on D not Janne Niinimaa.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Garo

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
The Pens need help on D not Janne Niinimaa.
Niinimaa was actually good while Markov was out... it was only two games though.

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 03:32 PM
Zoo

If there was any chance of Ziggy coming the back, there is no way the pens trade his rights for Niinimaa.

We are lacking top 6 wingers above everything else.

Zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 03:35 PM
SpreeEndaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo View Post
If there was any chance of Ziggy coming the back, there is no way the pens trade his rights for Niinimaa.

We are lacking top 6 wingers above everything else.
I think the words in bold should make you understand the whole point of the risk-taking business.

Old
12-09-2006, 03:53 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
I think the words in bold should make you understand the whole point of the risk-taking business.
But... if there wasn't any chance of Palffy coming back (as far as Bob Gainey knows) then why on earth would we trade for his rights? Zoo nailed it. If Palffy was coming back, the Pens aren't going to trade him for Niinimaa. If we don't know he's coming back, we're not going to trade our depth defenseman for the name of an ostensibly retired player. There are simpler ways to dispose of Niinimaa's salary, if that should ever become a major concern. Until and unless it does, he serves a purpose with the Habs.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 04:20 PM
flannelman
They're,Their,There

vCash: 920
And if he came back, supposing this trade went through, then they would be tagged with his salary... I believe it was in the area of 5 million before his retirement... but I could be mistaken.

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 04:30 PM
clefty
What?

All of this thread is a moot point. His shoulder is busted, his retirement from the NHL is permanent.

A dude on a Penguins fan site translates articles out of Eastern Europe every so often.

Interview with Slovak Press Agency SITA:

Main points:

- "First, I want to consult my situation with the [Canadian] doctor who did my first shoulder surgery. However, we will meet in April, when the season practically ends. Thus it's almost certain I won't appear on the ace this year."

- on living without hockey: "It's quite tough. I was playing almost my whole life, and now I am without hockey. However, everybody has to understand eventually that health is the most inportant thing in life."

- on continuing problems with the shoulder: it's still there. Apparently, he can't even put his hand under his head while laying down. "After the April tests, we will see what's with me, whether the shoulder would hold up. It hurts from the inside, not from the outside. I have never used pain as an excuse, and I don't do it now."

- on his return to NHL: "I have already mentioned it several times; NHL is out of question. My wife is expecting a baby, so I would either play in Europe, or nowhere at all. Personally, I was hoping to return even this season, but my health did not allow me that. I was talking to Slavia [Prague] and several other teams."

http://www.bleskovky.sk/cl/12/132893...a-lad-nechysta

Last edited by clefty: 12-10-2006 at 03:38 AM.
clefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 04:37 PM
66-29-33

Take out Niinimaa and add Kovalev and it's a deal.

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 06:28 PM
StanAjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Take out Niinimaa and add Kovalev and it's a deal.
Only if you add the rights to Mario Lemieux.

StanAjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2006, 06:58 PM
SpreeEndaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
All of this thread is a moot point. His shoulder is busted, his retirement from the NHL is permanent.

A dude on a Penguins fan site translates articles out of Eastern Europe every so often.

Interview with Slovak Press Agency SITA:

Main points:

- "First, I want to consult my situation with the [Canadian] doctor who did my first shoulder surgery. However, we will meet in April, when the season practically ends. Thus it's almost certain I won't appear on the ace this year."

- on living without hockey: "It's quite tough. I was playing almost my whole life, and now I am without hockey. However, everybody has to understand eventually that health is the most inportant thing in life."

- on continuing problems with the shoulder: it's still there. Apparently, he can't even put his hand under his head while laying down. "After the April tests, we will see what's with me, whether the shoulder would hold up. It hurts from the inside, not from the outside. I have never used pain as an excuse, and I don't do it now."

- on his return to NHL: "I have already mentioned it several times; NHL is out of question. My wife is expecting a baby, so I would either play in Europe, or nowhere at all. Personally, I was hoping to return even this season, but my health did not allow me that. I was talking to Slavia [Prague] and several other teams."

http://www.bleskovky.sk/cl/12/132893...a-lad-nechysta

How old is this?

Old
12-10-2006, 03:36 AM
clefty
What?

What difference does it make?

Like, two weeks if you must know.

clefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 10:47 AM
AlMo

Quote:
This isn't 1998. No one wants Niimimaa, not even for a bag of pucks. What could he possibly add to the Pens D-Core except salary?

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 10:49 AM
Bryzga lol*

That's like trading the rights of Palffy for a 2 million dollar punch in the groin.

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote