HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

New Line Combos (10/22) lots of changes

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-23-2013, 09:52 PM
  #101
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
KingKopitar11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 13,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
If Carter loses Richards his goal production is going to drop.
I highly doubt that. If Richards loses Carter his point production will drop off significantly. Carter can roll with anyone and still score.

KingKopitar11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 10:05 PM
  #102
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I highly doubt that. If Richards loses Carter his point production will drop off significantly. Carter can roll with anyone and still score.
Wasn't he with King and Frattin....I think he has his work cut out for him.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 10:14 PM
  #103
deeshamrock
Registered User
 
deeshamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11

I highly doubt that. If Richards loses Carter his point production will drop off significantly. Carter can roll with anyone and still score.
No, it won't. MR is not some 4th line flunkie that just arrived from Kamloops on the bus. He scored most of his NHL points without Carter and you're shortchanging his IQ and passing ability if you can't see how easily he sets up Carter, just like he did for Gagne with the Flyers. I get that you're not MR's biggest fan, you've been pretty vocal about that, but some part of you has to be enough of a hockey fan to see how talented of a playmaker he is and how effective he can be.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 10:22 PM
  #104
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
KingKopitar11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 13,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
No, it won't. MR is not some 4th line flunkie that just arrived from Kamloops on the bus. He scored most of his NHL points without Carter and you're shortchanging his IQ and passing ability if you can't see how easily he sets up Carter, just like he did for Gagne with the Flyers. I get that you're not MR's biggest fan, you've been pretty vocal about that, but some part of you has to be enough of a hockey fan to see how talented of a playmaker he is and how effective he can be.
No, it's not that. It's not him that's the problem. We don't have any other snipers and pure goal scorers like Carter. I'm not short playing Richards. Who is Richards gonna set up? No one else is as good of a goal scorer as Carter. Richards is a good play maker. I'm saying Carter can have anyone pass to him and he will score. He's dangerous from everywhere.

KingKopitar11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 10:31 PM
  #105
lumbergh
Registered User
 
lumbergh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 1,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
From lakingsinsider:


Sutter was blunt when asked about the length of time he had considered using Martinez as a forward.

“Every time he’s backchecking when he should have been skating backwards,” he said.

Good line! He points out a tendency with Martinez here. Alec Martinez likes to jump in to the play, but gets caught up ice more than Voynov or Doughty. This might be the reason why he's not playing.

lumbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 10:37 PM
  #106
no name
Registered User
 
no name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 11,639
vCash: 500
He is either just looking to see how they respond together in practice or demoting Brown without actually demoting him. Getting in his head. I can't see this lineup seeing the light of day.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 11:02 PM
  #107
jml87
Registered User
 
jml87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,901
vCash: 500
All they had to do if they wanted to switch things was switch Kopi and Richards linemates.

21-11-77
23-10-14

See what that does, just to add a different flavor. I hate Richards on the wing. He's best at center. Or how about give Frattin more than a few games to get it together on the 2nd line?

Whatever, the last time he did this he never even used the lines so I'm not gonna get annoyed with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
No, it's not that. It's not him that's the problem. We don't have any other snipers and pure goal scorers like Carter. I'm not short playing Richards. Who is Richards gonna set up? No one else is as good of a goal scorer as Carter. Richards is a good play maker. I'm saying Carter can have anyone pass to him and he will score. He's dangerous from everywhere.
Are Frattin and King going to set up Carter? I like Carter at wing because he worries less about playmaking and more about shooting, which is what he's good at. All of Carter's goals this year have had Richards hand in them. Carter has yet to skate down and put the puck in the net himself. The only play Richards didn't set up was Carter's second goal, which Mike was screening the goalie. The only thing Jeff has to think about is getting in the right spot for the puck and Richards will get it to him. Now Carter has to take care of King and Frattin, while trying to score. He'll be alright, but it certainly won't be like if Richie or even Kopi were with him. Can you honestly not see how much Carter benefits from having Richards as his center? Do you really think he'd score the same amount with Stoll or another run of the mill center? Both guys mutually benefit from each other and these lines would take away the strengths of both guys.


Last edited by jml87: 10-23-2013 at 11:25 PM.
jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 11:38 PM
  #108
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
KingKopitar11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 13,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
All they had to do if they wanted to switch things was switch Kopi and Richards linemates.

21-11-77
23-10-14

See what that does, just to add a different flavor. I hate Richards on the wing. He's best at center. Or how about give Frattin more than a few games to get it together on the 2nd line?

Whatever, the last time he did this he never even used the lines so I'm not gonna get annoyed with it.



Are Frattin and King going to set up Carter? I like Carter at wing because he worries less about playmaking and more about shooting, which is what he's good at. All of Carter's goals this year have had Richards hand in them. Carter has yet to skate down and put the puck in the net himself. The only play Richards didn't set up was Carter's second goal, which Mike was screening the goalie. The only thing Jeff has to think about is getting in the right spot for the puck and Richards will get it to him. Now Carter has to take care of King and Frattin, while trying to score. He'll be alright, but it certainly won't be like if Richie or even Kopi were with him. Can you honestly not see how much Carter benefits from having Richards as his center? Do you really think he'd score the same amount with Stoll or another run of the mill center? Both guys mutually benefit from each other and these lines would take away the strengths of both guys.
Honestly, it'd probably only dip a little. Carter is a very good player. His shot makes him that way.

KingKopitar11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 11:54 PM
  #109
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!
 
Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: O.C. California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,464
vCash: 1840
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
All they had to do if they wanted to switch things was switch Kopi and Richards linemates.

21-11-77
23-10-14
Sutter wanted to give Frattin more minutes as the RW, not LW.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 12:29 AM
  #110
jml87
Registered User
 
jml87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Honestly, it'd probably only dip a little. Carter is a very good player. His shot makes him that way.
Alright, whatever. Carter doesn't need anyone else, cause he can shoot the puck and that means he's a god. I love Carter, he's in my top 3, but your blind love for him is crazy. A complete disregard for the playmakers with him, particularly Richards, giving him open looks and making his job much easier. Carter himself would tell you as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Sutter wanted to give Frattin more minutes as the RW, not LW.
Well, we don't need a RW. He should be either playing and learning how to work on the LW on the 2nd line or he should be on the third line.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 01:40 AM
  #111
Battle Hymns
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
that 3rd line will be a problem for the opposition

Battle Hymns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 03:13 AM
  #112
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
KingKopitar11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 13,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
Alright, whatever. Carter doesn't need anyone else, cause he can shoot the puck and that means he's a god. I love Carter, he's in my top 3, but your blind love for him is crazy. A complete disregard for the playmakers with him, particularly Richards, giving him open looks and making his job much easier. Carter himself would tell you as much.
Are you serious? Carter is one of my favorite kings on this team. It's not blind love. I think you take his game for granted. Being a sniper is no walk in the park. Finding the open seams on the ice, his vision for the game is very great. He has the best shot on the kings.

He gives Richards an easier time passing to him because Carter knows the game so well. Carter>Richards. Carter plays an impressive defensive game, he's fast, always in top shape, he knows how to score. It's not blind love, I respect him as a player a lot. His game is tuned perfectly. Playmakers are good, but having a smart sniper who pots in almost every shot sure makes their lives much more easily.

For me being a playmaker is more easier than being a sniper.

Carter is more important to me than Richards. Carter can do everything Richards can, and better. Richards is just more of a locker-room dude, and that's respectable.

KingKopitar11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 04:35 AM
  #113
ScoreZeGoals
I'm bored...
 
ScoreZeGoals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 9,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I highly doubt that. If Richards loses Carter his point production will drop off significantly. Carter can roll with anyone and still score.
If he actually plays with King and Frattin, I would be shocked if he doesn't take a pretty severe production hit

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 06:17 AM
  #114
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,585
vCash: 500
Matt Frattin is not going to be a LW, it's not going to happen.

Sutter pretty much said so himself. Frattin is having a hard enough time playing RW in the NHL....LW is not going to happen.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 06:18 AM
  #115
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Are you serious? Carter is one of my favorite kings on this team. It's not blind love. I think you take his game for granted. Being a sniper is no walk in the park. Finding the open seams on the ice, his vision for the game is very great. He has the best shot on the kings.

He gives Richards an easier time passing to him because Carter knows the game so well. Carter>Richards. Carter plays an impressive defensive game, he's fast, always in top shape, he knows how to score. It's not blind love, I respect him as a player a lot. His game is tuned perfectly. Playmakers are good, but having a smart sniper who pots in almost every shot sure makes their lives much more easily.

For me being a playmaker is more easier than being a sniper.

Carter is more important to me than Richards. Carter can do everything Richards can, and better. Richards is just more of a locker-room dude, and that's respectable.
No Center over the last 5 playoff years has scored more(playoff points) than Mike Richards.

No NHL player has won (every championships on every level) Like Mike Richards has...

He is not some Locker room dude.


Last edited by damacles1156: 10-24-2013 at 06:37 AM.
damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 06:37 AM
  #116
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
KingKopitar11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 13,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
No Center over the last 5 playoff years has scored more(playoff points) than Mike Richards.

No NHL player has won (every championships on every level) than Mike Richards...
He is not some Locker room dude.
So what? He has some nice accolades but that doesn't change the fact that Carter is better NOW. Not the past.

KingKopitar11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 06:39 AM
  #117
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
So what? He has some nice accolades but that doesn't change the fact that Carter is better NOW. Not the past.
How do you figure he is better ?

Cause Mike Richards career starts say otherwise.

If your talking about Scoring Goals, then yes Carter is better.

But better hockey player than Mike Richards ? Uhhh no!

Also he has some nice accolades ? That's like saying Wilt Chamberlain was an ok Basketball player.

Or Vince Lombardi was an ok coach.

There is not a Single Hockey player alive, that has won a Championship at every level(with a gold medal too boot).


Last edited by damacles1156: 10-24-2013 at 06:48 AM.
damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 06:52 AM
  #118
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
KingKopitar11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 13,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
How do you figure he is better ?

Cause Mike Richards career starts say otherwise.

If your talking about Scoring Goals, then yes Carter is better.

But better hockey player than Mike Richards ? Uhhh no!

Also he has some nice accolades ? That's like saying Wilt Chamberlain was an ok Basketball player.
Haha, so Teemu Selanne has more points than Kopitar, does that make him better right now? Richards WAS the better player. Now Carter is the better player. Thats why using Career Stats is a terrible way to analyze the present. But I will use that flawed reasoning right now, http://www.hockey-reference.com/play...richami02.html

Look at that decline, Look at that massive decline in his points leaving Philly.
Would you look at that, Carter had 33 points last season, and richards had 32.

Carter was on pace last season for a record goal total. Which is an improvement.

While Richards point production is dropping off.

So Im going to tell you again in case you didn't get it the first time. Carter is better NOW than Richards. Richards WAS better before.

Carter's game is improving, Richards, not so much.

Carter has developed better defense and plays a very well rounded game, and he has great offensive skills.

Don't let former glory skew your perception on the present.

KingKopitar11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 06:54 AM
  #119
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Haha, so Teemu Selanne has more points than Kopitar, does that make him better right now? Richards WAS the better player. Now Carter is the better player. Thats why using Career Stats is a terrible way to analyze the present. But I will use that flawed reasoning right now, http://www.hockey-reference.com/play...richami02.html

Look at that decline, Look at that massive decline in his points leaving Philly.
Would you look at that, Carter had 33 points last season, and richards had 32.

Carter was on pace last season for a record goal total. Which is an improvement.

While Richards point production is dropping off.

So Im going to tell you again in case you didn't get it the first time. Carter is better NOW than Richards. Richards WAS better before.

Carter's game is improving, Richards, not so much.

Carter has developed better defense and plays a very well rounded game, and he has great offensive skills.

Don't let former glory skew your perception on the present.
So Richards accumulated points at about the same pace Carter does(last two years) , but that makes Carter WAYYYYYY Better...

Shouldn't that say something about Richards, that he is able to keep pace with Carter after his MASSIIVVEEEEEE Decline in skill ?

Haha your a complete tool sometimes man.

Richards was also a Better Center than Kopitar last playoffs, so since that was more recent, does that make Richards better than Kopitar ?

Richards has played better than Kopitar in some of these recent games too.

Since career stats don't mean anything , you know.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 06:58 AM
  #120
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
KingKopitar11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 13,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
So Richards accumulated points at about the same pace Carter does(last two years) , but that makes Carter WAYYYYYY Better...

Shouldn't that say something about Richards, that he is able to keep pace with Carter after his MASSIIVVEEEEEE Decline in skill ?

Haha your a complete tool sometimes man.
Not when you have Carter potting every shot getting you assists. Tell me does a team win by passing or goals? I bet if you put a poll about which player they'd have people would choose Carter. Carter does everything Richards does, and on top of that, he scores goals. Richards on part point production is in result of Carter scoring everything.

You should try being realistic, it will work wonders for you.

Kopitar doesn't have the luxury of having Carter on his line. Kopitar has out performed Richards this season. Last year was an anomaly.

KingKopitar11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 07:00 AM
  #121
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Not when you have Carter potting every shot getting you assists. Tell me does a team win by passing or goals? I bet if you put a poll about which player they'd have people would choose Carter. Carter does everything Richards does, and on top of that, he scores goals. Richards on part point production is in result of Carter scoring everything.

You should try being realistic, it will work wonders for you.
So passing is now not part of point production in Hockey ? Who knew.

I guess Kopitar and guys like Thorton are the biggest scrubs in the world.

You know products of Goal scorers. They don't create anything, that's nonsense.

Do you even understand the Game of Hockey at all ? I sometimes wonder about you.

Wayne #99 and his 1963 assists must be the biggest scrub ever in your mind.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 07:01 AM
  #122
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
KingKopitar11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 13,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
So passing is now not part of point production in Hockey ? Who knew.

I guess Kopitar and guys like Thorton are the biggest scrubs in the world.
It does count, I didn't say it didn't, but goals are what registers on the score board not passing percentage.

KingKopitar11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 07:04 AM
  #123
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
KingKopitar11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 13,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
So passing is now not part of point production in Hockey ? Who knew.

I guess Kopitar and guys like Thorton are the biggest scrubs in the world.

You know products of Goal scorers. They don't create anything, that's nonsense.

Do you even understand the Game of Hockey at all ? I sometimes wonder about you.
Oh come on, you know that you're being impartial because Richards is more glorified name. Your analysis of the game is almost always bordering the fence of insanity. Just because I don't agree with you, you don't have to be so defensive about it.

Lol using Gretzky to support Richards is just sad. They aren't even close to being on the same planet. That tells me all I need to know about your bias for Richards.

KingKopitar11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 07:06 AM
  #124
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Oh come on, you know that you're being impartial because Richards is more glorified name. Your analysis of the game is almost always bordering the fence of insanity. Just because I don't agree with you, you don't have to be so defensive about it.
That was a serious question,

Do you understand that the Puck more often than not, has to be passed into a position to score.....

Now Goal scorers do have too put the pick into the net, But passers had to get it too that open side of a net.

There is a reason Hockey scorers on average only shoot about 12 to 18 percent.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 07:10 AM
  #125
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Oh come on, you know that you're being impartial because Richards is more glorified name. Your analysis of the game is almost always bordering the fence of insanity. Just because I don't agree with you, you don't have to be so defensive about it.

Lol using Gretzky to support Richards is just sad. They aren't even close to being on the same planet. That tells me all I need to know about your bias for Richards.
I was not the person that said Richards is some locker room guy.

I Think Richards is no longer and elite Five on Five player, but he is not just some Locker room guy.

Colin Fraser is some locker room guy....There is a difference

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.