HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Weber to Philly

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-24-2013, 08:23 AM
  #26
Kevin Danko
Web Design
 
Kevin Danko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 4,235
vCash: 420
I wish it would happen but honestly, the emergence of Jones makes it less likely they will trade Weber any time in the next 5 years at least.

They thought they were screwed when they lost Suter, now they have a potential replacement if his development goes well.

No way they break up a potential top pairing like that while the kid is still developing.

Kevin Danko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 08:33 AM
  #27
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
The dream is over, Flyers have to hope Morin & Hagg turn into a really good pairing in the future. Draft & Develop

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 09:17 AM
  #28
JustinCider
Registered User
 
JustinCider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,170
vCash: 500
Oilers fan here, come in peace, just have a few comments and questions. First of all, I don't get how you guys are struggling so badly, I look at the Flyers on paper, and other than in net, they seem stacked. It's kind of how I see the Oilers, great on paper, but not getting the results. The talk around our town is that we don't have the right mix of players, too much of the same, and missing some key types. I wonder if Philly is having the same problem. Would any kind of trade work between the 2 teams, what do you guys want/need from Edmonton? I've got plenty of time for guys B. Schenn, Giroux, Cotourier, Hartnell, Coburn, Simmons, and Laughton. I'm guessing you guys are looking for a top pairing Dman too. I know you guys have some money coming off the books next year, I've got a feeling that Philly is gonna take a run a Phaneuf, which I think would be a good fit there. Lastly, the reason I put this in Weber thread is, I think Holgrem screwed up on the Weber offer, he tried to be too cute with it, he tried to just front load it so much that the Preds wouldn't be able to match, the problem is, it was still a good contract. The key for offer sheets to work is offer a bad contract, that has potential, but not at that moment. I'm sure you guys know this. Weber would of been perfect in Philly and to me, I think he's worth 10 million per year, cap wise. I would of offered him 13 years, 130 million. That might have got him, Holgrem dropped the ball on this one IMO. Weber wanted to be a Flyer, but ended up being locked up as a Pred for a very reasonable cap hit, almost a value deal. I've always liked Holgrem's style, other than with goalies, but the guy has never been scared to make things happen. Maybe his luck/time has run out, I still think he's assembled a lot of talent in Philly, I'm stumped why it' not working better than it is.

JustinCider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 09:18 AM
  #29
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,228
vCash: 500
if you don't get why we're struggling, you haven't watched any of our games

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 09:24 AM
  #30
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCider View Post
Oilers fan here, come in peace, just have a few comments and questions. First of all, I don't get how you guys are struggling so badly, I look at the Flyers on paper, and other than in net, they seem stacked. It's kind of how I see the Oilers, great on paper, but not getting the results. The talk around our town is that we don't have the right mix of players, too much of the same, and missing some key types. I wonder if Philly is having the same problem. Would any kind of trade work between the 2 teams, what do you guys want/need from Edmonton? I've got plenty of time for guys B. Schenn, Giroux, Cotourier, Hartnell, Coburn, Simmons, and Laughton. I'm guessing you guys are looking for a top pairing Dman too. I know you guys have some money coming off the books next year, I've got a feeling that Philly is gonna take a run a Phaneuf, which I think would be a good fit there. Lastly, the reason I put this in Weber thread is, I think Holgrem screwed up on the Weber offer, he tried to be too cute with it, he tried to just front load it so much that the Preds wouldn't be able to match, the problem is, it was still a good contract. The key for offer sheets to work is offer a bad contract, that has potential, but not at that moment. I'm sure you guys know this. Weber would of been perfect in Philly and to me, I think he's worth 10 million per year, cap wise. I would of offered him 13 years, 130 million. That might have got him, Holgrem dropped the ball on this one IMO. Weber wanted to be a Flyer, but ended up being locked up as a Pred for a very reasonable cap hit, almost a value deal. I've always liked Holgrem's style, other than with goalies, but the guy has never been scared to make things happen. Maybe his luck/time has run out, I still think he's assembled a lot of talent in Philly, I'm stumped why it' not working better than it is.
The Flyers lack scorers/snipers. A lot of players on this team are mucker/grinders/go to the net type of players. There are very little players that have a dominant shot on this team, Giroux/Voracek/Vinny are really the only ones. If a team eliminates them from the play, the line will suffer.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 09:37 AM
  #31
JustinCider
Registered User
 
JustinCider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
if you don't get why we're struggling, you haven't watched any of our games
No I haven't seen them play at all this season.

JustinCider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 09:42 AM
  #32
JustinCider
Registered User
 
JustinCider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
The Flyers lack scorers/snipers. A lot of players on this team are mucker/grinders/go to the net type of players. There are very little players that have a dominant shot on this team, Giroux/Voracek/Vinny are really the only ones. If a team eliminates them from the play, the line will suffer.
Well, the Oilers have snipers, but need grinders/muckers. Would this interest Flyers fans...

Yakupov
S. Gagner
N. Schultz

B. Schenn
Simmonds
Coburn
Laughton

JustinCider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 10:01 AM
  #33
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCider View Post
Well, the Oilers have snipers, but need grinders/muckers. Would this interest Flyers fans...

Yakupov
S. Gagner
N. Schultz

B. Schenn
Simmonds
Coburn
Laughton
While I'm not going to play the trade game, its a main reason why EDM/PHI rumors keep popping up, they are a really good match, obviously unknown whether actual discussions have taken place, it wouldn't surprise me.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 10:59 AM
  #34
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCider View Post
Well, the Oilers have snipers, but need grinders/muckers. Would this interest Flyers fans...

Yakupov
S. Gagner
N. Schultz

B. Schenn
Simmonds
Coburn
Laughton
Take out Schenn and Gagner for starters.

Take out N. Schultz (don't need him) and Laughton (the value is off).

Simmonds + Coburn for Yakupov. Flyers probably add a pick or something. I think that's the value. I'm not sold on Yakupov at all--it would be a massive risk.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 11:08 AM
  #35
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 9,045
vCash: 500
Yakupov is a risk not worth taking.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 11:15 AM
  #36
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au
 
FlyersFanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,020
vCash: 500
No to Weber. Flyers should pursue someone like Cody Franson who had similar numbers to Weber last year and will be a RFA end of this year. Weber has a huge contract, I`m sure Flyers could get Franson for well less than $7.5mil a year.


Last edited by FlyersFanz: 10-24-2013 at 11:49 AM.
FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 11:16 AM
  #37
Flyersfan731
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCider View Post
Well, the Oilers have snipers, but need grinders/muckers. Would this interest Flyers fans...

Yakupov
S. Gagner
N. Schultz

B. Schenn
Simmonds
Coburn
Laughton
Idk I mean all the things there saying about yak I don't like we don't need another cocky Russian on the team

Flyersfan731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 11:19 AM
  #38
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanz View Post
No to Webber. Flyers should pursue someone like Cody Franson who had similar numbers to Webber last year and will be a RFA end of this year. Webber has a huge contract, I`m sure Flyers could get Franson for well less than $7.5mil a year.
Who's Webber?

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 11:50 AM
  #39
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au
 
FlyersFanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Who's Webber?
Sorry....typo..its fixed

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 11:55 AM
  #40
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 9,045
vCash: 500
We should just be pleased that Weber will be in the West for the rest of his career and move on.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 12:47 AM
  #41
Kevin Danko
Web Design
 
Kevin Danko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 4,235
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
We should just be pleased that Weber will be in the West for the rest of his career and move on.
Lock?


Yeah I would love to pick him up he is exactly what we need on D....never gonna happen

Kevin Danko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 01:16 AM
  #42
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,427
vCash: 50
Seriously give Weber a rest. Need a younger guy at this point anyway.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 03:32 AM
  #43
Flyerfan808
Registered User
 
Flyerfan808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Honolulu, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
Talbot + Mez + Holmstrom + 3rd round pick
and a bad/decent prospect

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 09:47 AM
  #44
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Seriously give Weber a rest. Need a younger guy at this point anyway.
a younger guy?

he's 28 and in his prime for the next 7 years

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 12:15 PM
  #45
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,427
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
a younger guy?

he's 28 and in his prime for the next 7 years
And by the time our young offensive guys are in there primes and we have guys like hagg cousins and Laughton on the team contributing he will be past his.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 12:23 PM
  #46
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,423
vCash: 500
I agree though, let the pipedream go. It was close at one point but not anymore.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 12:38 PM
  #47
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 40,775
vCash: 500
Guys, why bother with Weber? Let's just throw a hilarious offer sheet at Jones.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 01:26 PM
  #48
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,619
vCash: 500
I support a hilarious Jones offer sheet.

That Nashville team lives and dies by their D group. Weber and Jones are going nowhere ever likely. Suter isn't there only because he had his heart set on Minnesota.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 01:30 PM
  #49
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au
 
FlyersFanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I think Flyers fans should give up on this pipe dream.
^^^What he said^^^

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 01:34 PM
  #50
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au
 
FlyersFanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
a younger guy?

he's 28 and in his prime for the next 7 years
There are younger...Cody Franson who's a RFA at end of this season and wants around $4mil a year contract. Younger and puts up around the same numbers, plus it won't cost the Flyers $7mil a year like Weber.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.