HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #9|Thu., Oct. 24, 2013|Rangers at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2013, 09:13 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Anyone from Atlanta around here? I'll be there for work tomorrow, and I'd like to catch the game. Any places downtown that have CI?
Google "Taco Mac". It's an area franchise sports bar with a gagillian tvs. I'm sure they would put the game on if you ask.

Old
10-24-2013, 07:28 AM
Hiesenberg

I have a weird optimistic feeling, I like the new lines. I think the long break did them some good thinking. Berube was allowed to condition them more and more and more. It sounds like every practice is just an insane hard skate competition.

Old
10-24-2013, 08:00 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
I have a weird optimistic feeling, I like the new lines. I think the long break did them some good thinking. Berube was allowed to condition them more and more and more. It sounds like every practice is just an insane hard skate competition.
It's just the result of the tainted meat in the hamburger you ate last night. No matter what I hear from their own mouths or about their "up tempo" practices which makes me scratch my head about how previous practices were run I need proof on the scoreboard. And that requires not only hustle, but execution. Tape-to-tape passes. Shooting top corner rather than fifth row.

Until that become apparent with some degree of consistency, call me Thomas.

Old
10-24-2013, 08:06 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
It's just the result of the tainted meat in the hamburger you ate last night. No matter what I hear from their own mouths or about their "up tempo" practices which makes me scratch my head about how previous practices were run I need proof on the scoreboard. And that requires not only hustle, but execution. Tape-to-tape passes. Shooting top corner rather than fifth row.

Until that become apparent with some degree of consistency, call me Thomas.
This team has far too much offensive talent to be this bad too long. The goals will come. Every team goes through a stretch where they struggle, the Flyers just happen to be starting to the season with it.

Old
10-24-2013, 08:11 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
This team has far too much offensive talent to be this bad too long. The goals will come. Every team goes through a stretch where they struggle, the Flyers just happen to be starting to the season with it.
I said the same thing in my blog (hint, hint) about the talent level versus actual goal scoring, but this logic needs to be translated to the real world. The only reality at the moment is that this is a carbon copy of last season, with the team dinking around until the crap hit the fan.

Old
10-24-2013, 08:13 AM
blinds

So I don't know about Schenn back at center just for faceoffs.. 37% on the season and not too far off from his career average. He's looked invisible on the wing but he's liability at the dot. Definitely something he needs to work on if he wants to stay at C.

On a good note, Cout's has been dominate at 53.6% over 125 draws. Hopefully he keeps it up, faceoffs are an invaluable asset for a defensive center.

Old
10-24-2013, 08:15 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I said the same thing in my blog (hint, hint) about the talent level versus actual goal scoring, but this logic needs to be translated to the real world. The only reality at the moment is that this is a carbon copy of last season, with the team dinking around until the crap hit the fan.
Well fortunately for this year's team, there is an additional 34 games to be played.

Old
10-24-2013, 08:15 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinds View Post
So I don't know about Schenn back at center just for faceoffs.. 37% on the season and not too far off from his career average. He's looked invisible on the wing but he's liability at the dot. Definitely something he needs to work on if he wants to stay at C.

On a good note, Cout's has been dominate at 53.6% over 125 draws. Hopefully he keeps it up, faceoffs are an invaluable asset for a defensive center.
I've had no issues with Couturier this year.

Old
10-24-2013, 08:35 AM
leclair1088

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinds View Post

Invisible? He's been one of the better players every game so far this season. He has missed some real good chances though that he should have buried.

Old
10-24-2013, 09:20 AM
blinds

Quote:
Originally Posted by leclair1088 View Post
Invisible? He's been one of the better players every game so far this season. He has missed some real good chances though that he should have buried.
I think he's had his best games at center (excluding faceoffs). He put up some points on wing, but most of them were easy opportunities. And when he wasn't scoring he wasn't doing anything else well.

He just seems lost on wing most of the time.

Old
10-24-2013, 09:43 AM
Hiesenberg

Mason in
Vinny in

Old
10-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Mason in
Vinny in
great, thx !

Old
10-24-2013, 10:17 AM
Hiesenberg

Except now Vinny is being coy.

Edit: Confirmed he's in.

Old
10-24-2013, 10:22 AM
Codith

Giroux 1G 2A tonight, Flyers win 4-2

Old
10-24-2013, 11:12 AM
King Forsberg
16 21 28 44 68 88 93

vCash: 200
Two questions.

A. Are the Flyers practicing at Vorhees tomorrow? I know this info is oit there somewhere but I cannot find it.

B. this one probably can't be answered til closer to game time but for the Pens game someone had a stream that worked for iPhones. I'd be very thankful if that linked pooped up again.

Thanks guys/girls

Old
10-24-2013, 11:20 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Forsberg View Post
A. Are the Flyers practicing at Vorhees tomorrow? I know this info is oit there somewhere but I cannot find it.
My assumption is that it will be announced after tonight's game. As far as a source, go to the team's website, click on SCHEDULE, then PRACTICE SCHEDULE and the info is oftentimes posted when it becomes official.

Old
10-24-2013, 11:38 AM
King Forsberg
16 21 28 44 68 88 93

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
My assumption is that it will be announced after tonight's game. As far as a source, go to the team's website, click on SCHEDULE, then PRACTICE SCHEDULE and the info is oftentimes posted when it becomes official.
Ahh yet again MSE saves the day. Thank you very much.

Old
10-24-2013, 11:40 AM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Ok this is kind of funny...won't lie.

Old
10-24-2013, 11:48 AM
PAZUZU

tickets on stubhub for less than $20 for tonite's game. probably no better indication that the majority of the fanbase has given up on this team than that.

Old
10-24-2013, 12:08 PM
Teezax

So much build up for this game. Between the Giroux quote, the line shuffling, Vinny coming back, Lundqvist not playing, the week layoff, this game better be nothing less than a Flyers dominating performance.

Old
10-24-2013, 12:13 PM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZUZU View Post
tickets on stubhub for less than $20 for tonite's game. probably no better indication that the majority of the fanbase has given up on this team than that.
That is pretty bad.....but Comcast and Snider don't care since they got people to pay face value already. Next year they raise the ticket prices again even if they miss the playoffs...that should knock tickets down to about 10 to 5 bucks...

Old
10-24-2013, 12:14 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Well fortunately for this year's team, there is an additional 34 games to be played.
That's only good if they win the majority of these additional games. We're still logically a long way away from such lofty expectations.

Old
10-24-2013, 12:32 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Ok this is kind of funny...won't lie.

10-24-2013, 12:57 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Google "Taco Mac". It's an area franchise sports bar with a gagillian tvs. I'm sure they would put the game on if you ask.
Thanks. I'll check it out.

Old
10-24-2013, 02:39 PM
Flyotes
JVR is Pigeon Caw!

Not sure if mentioned-- heading out the door:

Kimmo demoted to 2nd PP unit.

Closed Thread