HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #9|Thu., Oct. 24, 2013|Rangers at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-23-2013, 09:13 PM
  #76
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 12,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Anyone from Atlanta around here? I'll be there for work tomorrow, and I'd like to catch the game. Any places downtown that have CI?
Google "Taco Mac". It's an area franchise sports bar with a gagillian tvs. I'm sure they would put the game on if you ask.

AtlantaWhaler is online now  
Old
10-24-2013, 07:28 AM
  #77
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 4,798
vCash: 500
I have a weird optimistic feeling, I like the new lines. I think the long break did them some good thinking. Berube was allowed to condition them more and more and more. It sounds like every practice is just an insane hard skate competition.

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
10-24-2013, 08:00 AM
  #78
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
I have a weird optimistic feeling, I like the new lines. I think the long break did them some good thinking. Berube was allowed to condition them more and more and more. It sounds like every practice is just an insane hard skate competition.
It's just the result of the tainted meat in the hamburger you ate last night. No matter what I hear from their own mouths or about their "up tempo" practices which makes me scratch my head about how previous practices were run I need proof on the scoreboard. And that requires not only hustle, but execution. Tape-to-tape passes. Shooting top corner rather than fifth row.

Until that become apparent with some degree of consistency, call me Thomas.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
10-24-2013, 08:06 AM
  #79
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 4,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
It's just the result of the tainted meat in the hamburger you ate last night. No matter what I hear from their own mouths or about their "up tempo" practices which makes me scratch my head about how previous practices were run I need proof on the scoreboard. And that requires not only hustle, but execution. Tape-to-tape passes. Shooting top corner rather than fifth row.

Until that become apparent with some degree of consistency, call me Thomas.
This team has far too much offensive talent to be this bad too long. The goals will come. Every team goes through a stretch where they struggle, the Flyers just happen to be starting to the season with it.

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
10-24-2013, 08:11 AM
  #80
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
This team has far too much offensive talent to be this bad too long. The goals will come. Every team goes through a stretch where they struggle, the Flyers just happen to be starting to the season with it.
I said the same thing in my blog (hint, hint) about the talent level versus actual goal scoring, but this logic needs to be translated to the real world. The only reality at the moment is that this is a carbon copy of last season, with the team dinking around until the crap hit the fan.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
10-24-2013, 08:13 AM
  #81
blinds
Registered User
 
blinds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,306
vCash: 500
So I don't know about Schenn back at center just for faceoffs.. 37% on the season and not too far off from his career average. He's looked invisible on the wing but he's liability at the dot. Definitely something he needs to work on if he wants to stay at C.

On a good note, Cout's has been dominate at 53.6% over 125 draws. Hopefully he keeps it up, faceoffs are an invaluable asset for a defensive center.

blinds is offline  
Old
10-24-2013, 08:15 AM
  #82
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 4,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I said the same thing in my blog (hint, hint) about the talent level versus actual goal scoring, but this logic needs to be translated to the real world. The only reality at the moment is that this is a carbon copy of last season, with the team dinking around until the crap hit the fan.
Well fortunately for this year's team, there is an additional 34 games to be played.

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
10-24-2013, 08:15 AM
  #83
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 4,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinds View Post
So I don't know about Schenn back at center just for faceoffs.. 37% on the season and not too far off from his career average. He's looked invisible on the wing but he's liability at the dot. Definitely something he needs to work on if he wants to stay at C.

On a good note, Cout's has been dominate at 53.6% over 125 draws. Hopefully he keeps it up, faceoffs are an invaluable asset for a defensive center.
I've had no issues with Couturier this year.

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
10-24-2013, 08:35 AM
  #84
leclair1088
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinds View Post
So I don't know about Schenn back at center just for faceoffs.. 37% on the season and not too far off from his career average. He's looked invisible on the wing but he's liability at the dot. Definitely something he needs to work on if he wants to stay at C.

On a good note, Cout's has been dominate at 53.6% over 125 draws. Hopefully he keeps it up, faceoffs are an invaluable asset for a defensive center.
Invisible? He's been one of the better players every game so far this season. He has missed some real good chances though that he should have buried.

leclair1088 is offline  
Old
10-24-2013, 09:20 AM
  #85
blinds
Registered User
 
blinds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leclair1088 View Post
Invisible? He's been one of the better players every game so far this season. He has missed some real good chances though that he should have buried.
I think he's had his best games at center (excluding faceoffs). He put up some points on wing, but most of them were easy opportunities. And when he wasn't scoring he wasn't doing anything else well.

He just seems lost on wing most of the time.

blinds is offline  
Old
10-24-2013, 09:43 AM
  #86
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 4,798
vCash: 500
Mason in
Vinny in

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
10-24-2013, 09:49 AM
  #87
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Mason in
Vinny in
great, thx !

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline  
Old
10-24-2013, 10:17 AM
  #88
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 4,798
vCash: 500
Except now Vinny is being coy.

Edit: Confirmed he's in.

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
10-24-2013, 10:22 AM
  #89
Codith
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 725
vCash: 500
Giroux 1G 2A tonight, Flyers win 4-2

Codith is offline  
Old
10-24-2013, 11:12 AM
  #90
King Forsberg
16 21 28 44 68 88 93
 
King Forsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,834
vCash: 200
Two questions.

A. Are the Flyers practicing at Vorhees tomorrow? I know this info is oit there somewhere but I cannot find it.

B. this one probably can't be answered til closer to game time but for the Pens game someone had a stream that worked for iPhones. I'd be very thankful if that linked pooped up again.

Thanks guys/girls

King Forsberg is offline  
Old
10-24-2013, 11:20 AM
  #91
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 42,816
vCash: 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Forsberg View Post
A. Are the Flyers practicing at Vorhees tomorrow? I know this info is oit there somewhere but I cannot find it.
My assumption is that it will be announced after tonight's game. As far as a source, go to the team's website, click on SCHEDULE, then PRACTICE SCHEDULE and the info is oftentimes posted when it becomes official.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now  
Old
10-24-2013, 11:38 AM
  #92
King Forsberg
16 21 28 44 68 88 93
 
King Forsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,834
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
My assumption is that it will be announced after tonight's game. As far as a source, go to the team's website, click on SCHEDULE, then PRACTICE SCHEDULE and the info is oftentimes posted when it becomes official.
Ahh yet again MSE saves the day. Thank you very much.

King Forsberg is offline  
Old
10-24-2013, 11:40 AM
  #93
sa cyred
Offseason...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: Cuba
Posts: 16,610
vCash: 500
Ok this is kind of funny...won't lie.


sa cyred is online now  
Old
10-24-2013, 11:48 AM
  #94
PAZUZU
Registered User
 
PAZUZU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philly 'burbs
Country: United States
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
tickets on stubhub for less than $20 for tonite's game. probably no better indication that the majority of the fanbase has given up on this team than that.

PAZUZU is offline  
Old
10-24-2013, 12:08 PM
  #95
Teezax
Registered User
 
Teezax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,450
vCash: 500
So much build up for this game. Between the Giroux quote, the line shuffling, Vinny coming back, Lundqvist not playing, the week layoff, this game better be nothing less than a Flyers dominating performance.

Teezax is offline  
Old
10-24-2013, 12:13 PM
  #96
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZUZU View Post
tickets on stubhub for less than $20 for tonite's game. probably no better indication that the majority of the fanbase has given up on this team than that.
That is pretty bad.....but Comcast and Snider don't care since they got people to pay face value already. Next year they raise the ticket prices again even if they miss the playoffs...that should knock tickets down to about 10 to 5 bucks...

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
10-24-2013, 12:14 PM
  #97
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Well fortunately for this year's team, there is an additional 34 games to be played.
That's only good if they win the majority of these additional games. We're still logically a long way away from such lofty expectations.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
10-24-2013, 12:32 PM
  #98
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 50,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Ok this is kind of funny...won't lie.


__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
10-24-2013, 12:57 PM
  #99
flyershockey
Registered User
 
flyershockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 8,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Google "Taco Mac". It's an area franchise sports bar with a gagillian tvs. I'm sure they would put the game on if you ask.
Thanks. I'll check it out.

flyershockey is offline  
Old
10-24-2013, 02:39 PM
  #100
Flyotes
JVR is Pigeon Caw!
 
Flyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,316
vCash: 500
Not sure if mentioned-- heading out the door:

Kimmo demoted to 2nd PP unit.

Flyotes is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.