HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2013-2014 Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Road Warriors Thread

View Poll Results: How much do you follow our minor league teams?
I regularly go to games and/or subscribe to AHL Live 12 9.16%
I go to a couple of games a year 9 6.87%
I follow the Wolf Pack by regularly reading about it 57 43.51%
I occasionally check stats, but don't follow Hartford regularly 46 35.11%
What's a Wolf Pack? Are they zoo animals? Why would I follow the minors? 7 5.34%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2013, 08:09 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Looked like the shot might have caught him clear in the face from incredibly close range. Laying face down on the ice, he immediately grabbed at his face and started kicking his legs like a kid throwing a tantrum. Looks like he was in a ton of pain.

Got a towel and skated straight to the locker room. You couldn't see that on the feed, but the announcers said it.

EDIT: He's back. Tough ****ing kid.

Old
10-23-2013, 08:10 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Looked like the shot might have caught him clear in the face from incredibly close range. Laying face down on the ice, he immediately grabbed at his face and started kicking his legs like a kid throwing a tantrum. Looks like he was in a ton of pain.

Got a towel and skated straight to the locker room. You couldn't see that on the feed, but the announcers said it.
Before anyone freaks out, he is back on the bench.

Old
10-23-2013, 08:11 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Before anyone freaks out, he is back on the bench.
Sorry if I'm slow. I'm watching on my phone, then posting on my phone.

It's just pain.
Old
10-23-2013, 08:11 PM
Ail
k.

Good to hear. Honestly the injuries this year are getting absurd.

10-23-2013, 08:12 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Sorry if I'm slow. I'm watching on my phone, then posting on my phone.
No worries, just following along on Twitter tonight. Mitch Beck said he is back which is obviously very good news.

Old
10-23-2013, 08:13 PM
NYR Viper

8th PK of the game for HFD.

Old
10-23-2013, 08:15 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
He's back playing
He's made of iron.

Old
10-23-2013, 08:30 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Damn. That would really be the last straw. Glad McIlrath is back.

10-23-2013, 09:08 PM
Raspewtin
Kreidizzle

Dylan <3

Old
10-23-2013, 10:38 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post

:38 seconds in. Hahahahaha
Hahaha, yeah that was hysterical. Saw that when it happened. Glad you found a video of that fight. Or should I say of that epic beatdown.

Old
10-24-2013, 08:39 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Not only has McIlrath been kicking the **** out of everyone, he's also been playing great hockey. He's the team's best all-around defender, in my eyes. His positioning has been great, the skating is good, the decision making is improving every night. He's not taking himself out of position to chase guys down, and he's showing good judgment when joining the rush and pinching. I'm very pleased with his game this season.

We can argue the merits of the McIlrath pick until we'll blue in the face, but the kid is really beginning to look like a guy that's truly worthy of his draft position. If he continues on this path, he will be a scary player at the NHL level.

Old
10-24-2013, 08:42 AM
Mugless

McIlrath vs. Lessio:

Old
10-24-2013, 08:45 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Lessio clearly has a death wish.

Old
10-24-2013, 08:47 AM
Raspewtin
Kreidizzle

Quote:
Not only has McIlrath been kicking the **** out of everyone, he's also been playing great hockey. He's the team's best all-around defender, in my eyes. His positioning has been great, the skating is good, the decision making is improving every night. He's not taking himself out of position to chase guys down, and he's showing good judgment when joining the rush and pinching. I'm very pleased with his game this season.

We can argue the merits of the McIlrath pick until we'll blue in the face, but the kid is really beginning to look like a guy that's truly worthy of his draft position. If he continues on this path, he will be a scary player at the NHL level.
Thanks for the write up Captain!

Vladimir who? Can't wait for this kid to break faces for the big club.

Old
10-24-2013, 08:57 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugless View Post
McIlrath vs. Lessio:
Sheesh. I'd say good for Lessio for sticking up for himself, but that was brutal to watch. McIlrath abused him.

Old
10-24-2013, 10:34 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Holmstrom and Lessio aren't the best examples of McIlrath's fighting prowess, because they are smaller guys, but one thing I've noticed is that he's a very technical fighter. He's strategic in the same way Brandon Prust is when it comes to scrapping, but Prust had T-Rex arms so he very rarely actually did damage during his scraps. In comparison McIlrath has tremendous wingspan, so he is capable of landing big punches from anywhere.

Old
10-24-2013, 10:42 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Was going to ask about McIlrath (has pretty good numbers and have him in a keeper league) but seems he's been the talk of this thread already so just had to read everything. He seems like a type of D that can change the physical dynamics of an entire roster by being in it (like Lucic's presence making the Bruins forward crop look much tougher than they really are).

As a Habs fan though I must ask, how does Kristo look and compare to Thomas last season (who is injured so haven't been able to view him yet).

Old
10-24-2013, 10:45 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

id rather see him kill people with hits and clear the crease..seems like hes doing that, which to me is more impressive. we need some mean on this team...i dont care abou tthe fighting, but if he can scare people,id call it mission accomplished.

Old
10-24-2013, 10:47 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Was going to ask about McIlrath (has pretty good numbers and have him in a keeper league) but seems he's been the talk of this thread already so just had to read everything. He seems like a type of D that can change the physical dynamics of an entire roster by being in it (like Lucic's presence making the Bruins forward crop look much tougher than they really are).

As a Habs fan though I must ask, how does Kristo look and compare to Thomas last season (who is injured so haven't been able to view him yet).
Kristo has looked good in the AHL. Very good with the puck and on the PP. He needs to round out his defensive game but offensively he looks good. Still needs to bulk up slightly as well.

Thomas is just the younger version IMO.

Old
10-24-2013, 11:22 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Any steps forward McIlrath takes means he gets closer to doing what Falk has been doing, better than Falk.

It also increases our chances of being able to deal an established bluelinerfor offensive help.

Old
10-24-2013, 12:38 PM
Pizza

Looks like it just beginning to come together for him. I still think he needs a lot more time down there. A cup of coffee or two this year might be nice.

If what we get with McIlrath is a bigger, meaner version of Mike Sauer, I'm very happy with that. In terms of actual fighting he'll be facing much more substantial challenges at the NHL level. To me, fighting is a very necessary, but secondary asset. It's a strong part of the package that just adds to the physical intimidation dimension that the Rangers sorely lack.

Old
10-24-2013, 12:43 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Looks like it just beginning to come together for him. I still think he needs a lot more time down there. A cup of coffee or two this year might be nice.

If what we get with McIlrath is a bigger, meaner version of Mike Sauer, I'm very happy with that. In terms of actual fighting he'll be facing much more substantial challenges at the NHL level. To me, fighting is a very necessary, but secondary asset. It's a strong part of the package that just adds to the physical intimidation dimension that the Rangers sorely lack.
I actually think he will be challenged less in the NHL than he has been in the AHL. Guys down there aren't in the NHL because they can't play the game at a high enough level. He was challenged by pretty much everyone until his reputation got around.

Old
10-24-2013, 12:45 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Mitchell R. Beck ‏@HowlingsToday 1m
WOLF PACK RECALL NASH AND KLASSEN http://wp.me/p2kkud-6do
Klassen is back with the 'Pack. Good news.

Bickel also left the last game

Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Yeah, the AHL is loaded with guys that excel at fighting and not much else. Goon City down there at times.

Old
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post

In terms of fighting, the AHL is just as good as the NHL. The difference is the fighters in the NHL have a semblance of talent.

Closed Thread