HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread - Mk 2.0 - Steals and Ripoffs

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2013, 03:25 PM
Noob616

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Bourque has looked better with Desharnais than with Plekanec.

Who cares how many points he's on pace for? We haven't even played a quarter of the season.

How has Plekanec been worthy of praise this year? He's been invisible and frustrating when you notice him.
This is why stats guys get so frustrated.

Old
10-23-2013, 03:26 PM
Smoky Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
Habs would be far better off with 2 more bigger type grinders then. DD and Diaz. At least they won't get pushed around.
They had the chance this summer when just about all of the forward UFA's were big grinders. Instead they ........

Old
10-23-2013, 03:58 PM
Picaroon

Desharnais for Saku Koivu. Do it.

Old
10-23-2013, 04:08 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
We need to get rid of :

1. DD
2. Bouillon
3. Briere

I would rather release DD and lose him for nothing than to hold on to him while he's taking the place of a Bournival or Leblanc. He's worst then Gomez ffs..

Bouillon is just done. Love the player, great heart but he's done. Judgement error after error.

Briere... so far he's useless and considering his age and the amount of time he was playing, I can't see how he can get better. If he's just here for the playoffs, then he should be getting less than half the salary he's currently being paid.

And I wouldn't replace any of these guys. Use the cap space to resign guys like Subban and Eller.

Gionta...his contract is almost done, I hope they don't resign him. Got a lot of heart for a little guy but he's a 3rd liner or 4th liner at best nowadays.
Just to be sure we should get rid of Therrien, Leblanc, Hudon, Bournival too.

Briere is not a problem on this team he still has some pop left.

Desharnais i agree Bouillon should just be a plug in plug out player no need to get rid of him.

You can add Diaz and Gorges. One of them needs to be traded both together are redundant.

I remember the time when the caps wanted Gorges for Brouwer. I would be all over this offer. Or the avs that wanted to trade Mcginn for him.

Gorges won't finish the year in mtl i'm guessing part of a package deal.

Old
10-23-2013, 05:29 PM
TT1

HabsLinks ‏@HabsLinks 25s
.@FriedgeHNIC speculates on #TSN690 that the #Habs may have interest in dman Aaron Rome who was waived by Dallas today for blue line depth

Old
10-23-2013, 05:51 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
.@FriedgeHNIC speculates on #TSN690 that the #Habs may have interest in dman Aaron Rome who was waived by Dallas today for blue line depth

Were in on Dallas Stars rejects now?

Old
10-23-2013, 05:52 PM
Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
i saw that he was on waivers and immediately thought he could be an interesting option. not to mention the move of Tinordi to Hamilton.

then i check and saw that he just came off an injury and that he is signed for this season and next season at 1.5mil. So i do not think MB will make the move.

better to give chance to young players while they can. Now it is Pateryn's turn, and he deserves a chance.

Murray is not so far from returning either. Plus cap space is very limited at this time due to all the injuries.

Old
10-23-2013, 06:35 PM
Milhouse40

This thread make me start to dream a little here...

Beaulieu + Gionta + Leblanc for Kulikov + Kopecky

Florida get a D-man with great offensive skills (cheap), which they really need and don't have
Also get some depth on the wing with Leblanc, which they don't really have either in their system
Also get someone to replace Kopecky for the rest of the year in Gionta. Cost more, but will be free
of him next year. Wil, play with buddy Gomez too.

Habs get a good young D-man, who should feel right at home with Markov and Emelin.
Some size, some skills.....
Also get some size on the wing with a player who needs a fresh start.

$5.5M for the Habs vs $5,925M for the Panthers.

Trade DD + Diaz for some players able to help the Dogs in the AHL or picks.
Try to save as much money you need and sign Prospal for the rest of the year...

When everybody is healthy..

Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Bourque
Prospal - Briere - Kopecky
Moen - Bournival - Prust
Parros - White

Markov - Emelin
Kulikov - Subban
Gorges - Murray
Tinordi - Bouillon
Pateryn

Oh boy....dreaming!!

Old
10-23-2013, 07:01 PM
sampollock

NO stop gaps, if they make a deal , make a deal! get bigger, not smaller or some other teams reject

Old
10-23-2013, 07:14 PM
RealityBytes
Trash Remover

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picaroon View Post
Desharnais for Saku Koivu. Do it.
Koivu one year left at $2.5M for Desharnais with four years at $3.5M.

Why would the Ducks saddle themselves with an albatross and his contract for four years?

Will never happen.

Old
10-23-2013, 09:00 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Not so fast. Beaulieu has a lto to learn before he's a consistent impact player.
I know you know what I think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post

I saw Aaron Rome quite a bit when he was in Vancouver and he is actually a pretty good defenseman. Dallas has a lot of depth on defense.

Old
10-24-2013, 08:32 AM
LePoche69

Plekanec has to be trade as soon as possible. In fact, I think he sould have been trade last year.
  • Better trade a player one year too soon than one year too late. Plekanec is good but still, he's on the downside of his career.
  • Plekanec isn't part of the core that would be ready to legitimatly hope to bring the cup back in MTL in a few years.
  • Plekanec still has value on the trade market for almost any team, but his value is slowly fading away.
  • Habs need something different than what Plekanec is bringing them, while the team has legitimate options to replace him. So trading him becomes a no brainer.

Old
10-24-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
Plekanec has to be trade as soon as possible. In fact, I think he sould have been trade last year.
  • Better trade a player one year too soon than one year too late. Plekanec is good but still, he's on the downside of his career.
  • Plekanec isn't part of the core that would be ready to legitimatly hope to bring the cup back in MTL in a few years.
  • Plekanec still has value on the trade market for almost any team, but his value is slowly fading away.
  • Habs need something different than what Plekanec is bringing them, while the team has legitimate options to replace him. So trading him becomes a no brainer.
Yes, trade the best centerman you have. You better then be trading Markov, Gorges, Bourque, Gionta, and Moen and get into this rebuild completely.

Old
10-24-2013, 09:25 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
Yes, trade the best centerman you have. You better then be trading Markov, Gorges, Bourque, Gionta, and Moen and get into this rebuild completely.
Do you believe Eller is ready for top minutes?

Old
10-24-2013, 10:03 AM
couris

We will never win with players that avoid physical confrontations like the plague. Plekanec is a must trade along with other of our soff and little skill players.

Old
10-24-2013, 10:35 AM
WestIslander

Tomas Vanek to Montreal? What would it take?

Pacioretty - Briere - Vanek
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Moen - White - Prust

3 lines with scoring threats on each line!!!

Old
10-24-2013, 10:37 AM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
We will never win with players that avoid physical confrontations like the plague. Plekanec is a must trade along with other of our soff and little skill players.
So we should trade Pacioretty and Galchenyuk too? They avoid it just as much as Plekanec. Don't understand why it matters if he's in scrums after the whistle or tries to avoid hits, that's called being smart. If we're dumping players that are "soff" and avoid physical confrontations then we should start with the ones that are useless when they're not scoring (DD/Briere/Gionta). Pleks is still extremely valuable to the team even when he is in a scoring slump.

If Plekanec gets traded, it's because we need a top 2 D man.

Old
10-24-2013, 10:41 AM
sventington

vCash: 50
let's...let's not trade Plekanec.

Old
10-24-2013, 10:42 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Tomas Vanek to Montreal? What would it take?

Pacioretty - Briere - Vanek
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Moen - White - Prust

3 lines with scoring threats on each line!!!
hopefully money. If he's still available this summer, he'd be my number 1 target.

Old
10-24-2013, 10:45 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Do you believe Eller is ready for top minutes?
Eller has been facing the top checkers for a bit now as his line is our #1 line. He is playing top minutes and isn't looking out of place.

all that said....

I would wait AT LEAST until trade deadline, or even summer to give a better chance to prove how ready Eller is.

But right now, I'd rather move DD. There's rumors that FLA like him....send him, for anything. DD may regain his form down there, but as long as we get some size on the wings in that deal, it's a win win.

And with Olli Maata sticking in Pittsburgh...maybe make a deal to reunite Despres and Beaulieu?

a 1st for Despres?

Old
10-24-2013, 10:53 AM
PricePkPatch

Okay. If we trade Pleky, it should NOT be unless we have resigned Eller.

Old
10-24-2013, 11:09 AM
couris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagistitsyn View Post
So we should trade Pacioretty and Galchenyuk too? They avoid it just as much as Plekanec. Don't understand why it matters if he's in scrums after the whistle or tries to avoid hits, that's called being smart. If we're dumping players that are "soff" and avoid physical confrontations then we should start with the ones that are useless when they're not scoring (DD/Briere/Gionta). Pleks is still extremely valuable to the team even when he is in a scoring slump.

If Plekanec gets traded, it's because we need a top 2 D man.
??? Rewatch the Nashville game and you will understand better. Compare the EGG line to the others.

Old
10-24-2013, 11:20 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post

He'd be a Drewiske, little more.

We're barely keeping our head above water as it is, what happens if Markov or Subban gets hurt? Not that Aaron Rome would solve all our problems but he'd at least give us some experienced depth and wouldn't cost an asset.

Edit: point is moot since Rome cleared today.

Old
10-24-2013, 11:22 AM
Adriatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagistitsyn View Post
So we should trade Pacioretty and Galchenyuk too? They avoid it just as much as Plekanec.
No they don't. That whole line crashes the net anytime they can. it's not about scrums after the whistle, it's about still playing your game against physical opponents. That whole EGG line never change no matter who they play, they are our youngest players but also our leaders. They set the tone and were the only ones crashing the net vs Nashville. I wouldnt trade Plekanec but he does avoid physical too much to the point he isn't the same player against physical teams. He would rather let an opposing player go first in the corner and get puck possession to avoid the hit. Eller and the Gallys never shy away from those situations and that's why they have so much success.

Old
10-24-2013, 12:38 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
I bet you could get good value for him in your NHL 14 game. Maybe Plekanec for Ryane Clowe, Peter Harrold and a 2nd round pick. That would make your digital team MOAR BIG, and thus lead you to the virtual championship you desire so much.

Closed Thread