HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Let's talk about movies (and TV shows)... The Sequel!!

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2013, 08:24 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
tonights movie for me was Amelie.

amelie is something special

I can't say enough good things about that movie. So fresh and unique. At the end I felt the same way I did with Juno. Like nothing I'd ever seen before, leaves you with a good feeling at the end, in total awe of the art within the movie.
tonight's movie for me is... *drumroll*

fast and furious 6.

before you get mad, it's the girlfriend's choice not mine. i don't know why she doesn't even like cars but it is what it is...

i keep trying to convince her to watch zombie strippers but she says she's afraid of zombies

Old
10-24-2013, 08:32 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
tonight's movie for me is... *drumroll*

fast and furious 6.

before you get mad, it's the girlfriend's choice not mine. i don't know why she doesn't even like cars but it is what it is...

i keep trying to convince her to watch zombie strippers but she says she's afraid of zombies
The Fast and furious series is a guilty pleasure for me, it's really stupid sometimes but it's a lot of fun.

Old
10-24-2013, 08:43 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
The West Wing is really good, the last season wasn't too good if you ask me, I don't want to spoil it, but a character does something and I just don't believe that that character would have done that, it kind of ruined it for me, not to mention that almost all the characters started to annoy me towards the end. But the show is really good, and you should watch it.

If you're into political shows I highly recommend House of Cards with Kevin Spacey. While the West Wing is a very idealistic and romanticized version of politics, House of Cards is the dark and dirty side of American politics, the blackmailing and backstabbing part of politics, I loved it.
See I disagree about that character doing that in the final season. I dont want to give it away but I had no trouble believing he would do that....

Old
10-24-2013, 08:49 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
See I disagree about that character doing that in the final season. I dont want to give it away but I had no trouble believing he would do that....
I don't know... I know that even the actor him/herself () didn't think that his/her character would do that.

Old
10-24-2013, 08:51 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
The Fast and furious series is a guilty pleasure for me, it's really stupid sometimes but it's a lot of fun.
i liked the first one and... erm, the one in brazil. im not completely against brainless movies, i do have my limits

Old
10-24-2013, 08:56 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
the guy with the thing? i had a little problem with it, but after 6 seasons of of him bla bla bla

Last edited by MasterDecoy: 10-24-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Old
10-24-2013, 08:56 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Newsroom is a guilty pleasure of mine, which is the only reason I gave sports night a chance. My girlfriend really wants me to get into west wing, thinking about giving it a shot.

I will say that it is about a democratic president and his staff so most of the politics is from the left.

If you have strong right wing views, you might hate the show. My mother used to get so angry when I would watch it, she called it liberal propaganda...lol

Old
10-24-2013, 08:57 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
i had a little problem with it, but after 6 seasons of of him showing off his moral superiority, i thought it was perfectly believable
shhhhh change your post you are giving away spoilers , but I agree with you.

Old
10-24-2013, 08:58 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Quote:
i had a little problem with it, but after 6 seasons of of him showing off his moral superiority, i thought it was perfectly believable
SPOILERS!!! I think his respect for the president was too high for what he did, just my opinion.

Old
10-24-2013, 09:01 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
SPOILERS!!! I think his respect for the president was too high for what he did, just my opinion.
I guess I can see it either way

Old
10-24-2013, 09:03 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
shhhhh change your post you are giving away spoilers , but I agree with you.
ok, now edit yours lol

Old
10-24-2013, 09:04 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
ok, now edit yours lol

ok done

Old
10-24-2013, 12:23 PM
peate
Habs fan 4 life.

vCash: 2007
Quote:
tonights movie for me was Amelie.

I can't say enough good things about that movie. So fresh and unique. At the end I felt the same way I did with Juno. Like nothing I'd ever seen before, leaves you with a good feeling at the end, in total awe of the art within the movie.
Do you mean Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain? Awesome movie.
If you're into light-hearted comedy, The Lone Ranger is pretty good, fun for the whole family. The horse cracks me up.

Old
10-24-2013, 12:30 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
Solaris is tops! One of the few works of art that had my mind being blown to bits while also having me in tears. Simultaneously. Tarkovsky's a genius. I need to see more of his movies. Andrei Rublev is pretty much a Bergman film but with the Bergman multiplied by a thousand.
Which Tarkovskys have you seen/not seen? If you haven't seen Stalker yet...drop everything you're doing.

Old
10-24-2013, 02:29 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

things i have learned from fast and furious 6

- every chick knows kunfu
- not all asians can do kung fu.
- a 70-ton tank is both unstoppable and easily stopped by a half ton aluminum can
- if you are rescuing your woman, newton and his ridiculous law of physics can take a hike
- you can fall from very high and be ok, unless you are not important in which case a 2 meter fall will kill you
- explosions also erase memory. selectively. while never leaving any scars or other, more permanent kind of brain damage
- airport runways are like a 100 miles long
- there exists a man who is larger - nay, who is about three times larger than the rock a.k.a. dwayne johnson a.k.a. rock a.k.a. what's his name these days anyways?
- the most destructive piece of technology on earth is in the hands of...

the spanish army

god protect us all

all joking aside, it was an alright flick, didn't find it boring at all although i preferred the previous one

Old
10-24-2013, 03:11 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
things i have learned from fast and furious 6

- every chick knows kunfu
- not all asians can do kung fu.
- a 70-ton tank is both unstoppable and easily stopped by a half ton aluminum can
- if you are rescuing your woman, newton and his ridiculous law of physics can take a hike
- you can fall from very high and be ok, unless you are not important in which case a 2 meter fall will kill you
- explosions also erase memory. selectively. while never leaving any scars or other, more permanent kind of brain damage
- airport runways are like a 100 miles long
- there exists a man who is larger - nay, who is about three times larger than the rock a.k.a. dwayne johnson a.k.a. rock a.k.a. what's his name these days anyways?
- the most destructive piece of technology on earth is in the hands of...

the spanish army

god protect us all

all joking aside, it was an alright flick, didn't find it boring at all although i preferred the previous one
I agree that Fast 5 was the better movie.. this one I didn't like. The actors turned in lame performances and it's like all the chemistry from the previous movies is gone, and it's getting tedious. Please stop doing F&F movies Hollywood, first movie was great and had a good premise then it went to ****, esp when Luda bought his way into a cars movie. Also Michelle Rodriguez isn't so hot anymore... not Resident Evil hot anyway.

Old
10-24-2013, 03:19 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

This went from the Greatest Movies thread and devolved to debating which of the Fast and Furious movies is the best and worst.

Old
10-24-2013, 03:25 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
This went from the Greatest Movies thread and devolved to debating which of the Fast and Furious movies is the best and worst.
I think Dodgeball is a really underrated comedy.

Old
10-24-2013, 03:35 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
I was happier when we were talking about how awesome the first Ninja Turtles movie is.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
10-24-2013, 03:39 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
I think Dodgeball is a really underrated comedy.
Comedy is so subjective, 10 different people will have 10 different opinions. Dodgeball is my daughters favourite, she watches it whenever she's home sick and needs a laugh. So it's become a favourite of mine just watching it with her.

In keeping with the recent Stephen Merchant and Ricky Gervais theme, one of my favourites is The Invention of Lying. So funny.

Another favourite , Wedding Crashers. Funny thing about this is that some funny scenes seemed deleted in the DVD version.

Old
10-24-2013, 03:43 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Which Tarkovskys have you seen/not seen? If you haven't seen Stalker yet...drop everything you're doing.
I know, I gotta get on that one. I remember getting it from the library a few years back but the DVD was scratched to s#$t.

I've only seen Solaris and Andrei Rublev which are both beyond brilliant. I heard the Mirror's good too.

His movies are free online here:

http://www.openculture.com/2010/07/tarkovksy.html

I watched the Brothers Solomon because somebody posted a clip from it on another thread. It definitely could've been way funnier but still pretty solid.

Anyone watch Red Dwarf? Glad I got into that show. So funny. Rimmer's too much. I'm on season 5 now.

Old
10-24-2013, 03:45 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Anyone watch American Horror Story? I thought the first season was awful. Second season pretty good. Third season is starting off a bit rocky, imo.

Old
10-24-2013, 03:46 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by peate View Post
Do you mean Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain? Awesome movie.
If you're into light-hearted comedy, The Lone Ranger is pretty good, fun for the whole family. The horse cracks me up.
Original titles are too long for us anglos. The subtitled NA release is just Amelie I think.

She's the same age as my daughter in the film, totally adorable.

Last edited by Agnostic: 10-24-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old
10-24-2013, 03:49 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Anyone watch American Horror Story? I thought the first season was awful. Second season pretty good. Third season is starting off a bit rocky, imo.
I have to admire a person who thinks season 1 is awful but has the patience and stamina to get to season 3.

Old
10-24-2013, 03:54 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
I have to admire a person who thinks season 1 is awful but has the patience and stamina to get to season 3.

Every season is a completely different stand alone story. Possibly even different direction/group of writers.

Closed Thread