HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

2013-2014 Prospect Stats and Discussion - Updated Jan 27

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2013, 09:25 PM
Mozesmadness
OIL KINGS

vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
He got rubbed off the puck in his own zone, turning it over, and then it was fired behind Jarry. Was an unexpectedly weak sequence I thought by Moroz.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=121
I saw the replay and yes Moroz made a weak play but Jarry should've had that one.

Very physical game tonight. Moroz is a handful for the Warrior D.

Old
10-23-2013, 09:42 PM
voxel
Unsustainable Eberle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw0Shoes View Post
You'd think people would stop outright writing off a prospect based on numbers after they've seen how well pitlick did last night.
What did Pitlick do? He's been playing that crash and bang game for years in the AHL and people just started noticing? Martindale and C.Hamilton from what I've seen are a tad too slow for the bigs or the game is a step ahead of them. I've yet to see a Barons game this season so if they improved then fantastic.

The AHL player I'd want is Nyquist. He's going to be a great top-6er in the NHL. So underrated. Twice the player Arco is.

Old
10-23-2013, 10:08 PM
Heavy Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
What did Pitlick do? He's been playing that crash and bang game for years in the AHL and people just started noticing? Martindale and C.Hamilton from what I've seen are a tad too slow for the bigs or the game is a step ahead of them. I've yet to see a Barons game this season so if they improved then fantastic.

The AHL player I'd want is Nyquist. He's going to be a great top-6er in the NHL. So underrated. Twice the player Arco is.
Your Arco bashing is making you look bad.

Last edited by Bryanbryoil: 10-23-2013 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Keep it civil
Old
10-24-2013, 10:47 AM
Tw0Shoes

Quote:

Pitlick played the exact same game he always plays, and it was great. Many people had written him off as a bust prospect though simply because he had poor numbers. If you don't see the games, maybe you shouldn't be making judgements is what I'm saying, along with maybe don't call a guy a bust when he's on his 3rd season of pro-hockey straight out of junior, the ahl isn't an easy league.

Old
10-24-2013, 04:16 PM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw0Shoes View Post
Pitlick played the exact same game he always plays, and it was great. Many people had written him off as a bust prospect though simply because he had poor numbers. If you don't see the games, maybe you shouldn't be making judgements is what I'm saying, along with maybe don't call a guy a bust when he's on his 3rd season of pro-hockey straight out of junior, the ahl isn't an easy league.
Pitlick's problem has been that he does not always play this way. If he learns to do so he will have an NHL career. The good news is that of late he has done so much more regularly.

Old
10-24-2013, 04:57 PM
BleedingOil

Quote:

How so?

Old
10-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Tw0Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
Pitlick's problem has been that he does not always play this way. If he learns to do so he will have an NHL career. The good news is that of late he has done so much more regularly.
He'd still be getting the same number of pts in the AHL and people would still be calling him a bust.

Old
10-24-2013, 07:03 PM
voxel
Unsustainable Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingOil View Post
How so?
Nyquist is the RNH of the AHL. Makes the right passes at the right time. Detroit appears to be easing him in.

Pitlick is all tools with a limited toolbox. Don't get me wrong - I see a NHLer purely based on his size and speed and hitting ability but limited upside since his development has stalled due to injuries, etc.

Just peeked at the Barons roster for the first time season. Yikes! That's a horrid forward group in the AHL. Guess they are focused on development over winning.

Old
10-25-2013, 10:40 AM
Tw0Shoes

Quote:
Nyquist is the RNH of the AHL. Makes the right passes at the right time. Detroit appears to be easing him in.

Pitlick is all tools with a limited toolbox. Don't get me wrong - I see a NHLer purely based on his size and speed and hitting ability but limited upside since his development has stalled due to injuries, etc.

Just peeked at the Barons roster for the first time season. Yikes! That's a horrid forward group in the AHL. Guess they are focused on development over winning.
Took all of two seconds to make that judgement eh? Shows how much that judgement is worth. What'd you think of Rajala at the beginning of last year?

Old
10-25-2013, 11:04 AM
jc17

Hey guys, as a Sabres fan, with all of the proposals that get tossed back and forth between these two teams it seems like we always talk about the same pieces and don't talk about other guys.

One of your prospects that I thought was kind of interesting is Hartikainen. It seems like he has good size on the wing, and puts up points. Is there a problem with his game that he isn't talked about as a good prospect or is it just because he could stay in Europe?

Old
10-25-2013, 11:34 AM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc17 View Post
Hey guys, as a Sabres fan, with all of the proposals that get tossed back and forth between these two teams it seems like we always talk about the same pieces and don't talk about other guys.

One of your prospects that I thought was kind of interesting is Hartikainen. It seems like he has good size on the wing, and puts up points. Is there a problem with his game that he isn't talked about as a good prospect or is it just because he could stay in Europe?
He wasn't able to stick with the big club. We want a guy who is physical and will hit players now and then while having an offensive flair, nothing fancy, just someone who can throw the puck at the net and crash it now and then, Hartski wasn't doing that for us. He was throwing the puck on net but he wasn't checking the opposition enough and playing the 3rd line role. So because of those reasons, he is in Europe. He will come back, but was frustrated that we weren't giving him a 'chance' when we gave him tons of chances.

Old
10-25-2013, 04:10 PM
Oilers4life1987

Hey, I just looked at OKC's roster and wondering where C.Hamilton is? still hurt or rehab from his surgery.

Old
10-25-2013, 04:42 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 177
Quote:

He wasn't consistent enough, and he isn't a great skater. The initial plan was to have him play a top six role, but his development stymied. We weren't going to offer him a one way deal, so he decided to play in Europe.

If you have a spot available for him to play, he could be had for very cheap. He's worth a 7th or an underwhelming prospect

Old
10-25-2013, 04:57 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers4life1987 View Post
Hey, I just looked at OKC's roster and wondering where C.Hamilton is? still hurt or rehab from his surgery.
Still hurt IIRC

10-25-2013, 06:39 PM
Soli
"Punish & Enslave"

Nurse tallies his 2nd of the season, this one at even strength. 2 periods left to play.

EDIT: Nurse adds a PPG in the 2nd period.

Last edited by Soli: 10-25-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Old
10-25-2013, 06:42 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:

He went back to Europe because he wasn't guaranteed a one way contract with the Oilers.

Old
10-25-2013, 08:45 PM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
Nurse tallies his 2nd of the season, this one at even strength. 2 periods left to play.

EDIT: Nurse adds a PPG in the 2nd period.
Picked up an assist too, puts him in 2nd in the league for dman scoring.

Old
10-25-2013, 08:54 PM
Mikey71

aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnndddddddddd also 1st star of the game.

Looked good both ways. Made a few nice rushes. Still hasn't played "angry" yet. His 1st goal was him rushing the puck up the ice and scoring high glove with a wrist shot that the goalie really should have had. 2nd goal was a shot from the point deflected on the way in, so not much of a chance for the goalie. Was even +/- for the night.

Old
10-25-2013, 09:21 PM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey71 View Post
aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnndddddddddd also 1st star of the game.

Looked good both ways. Made a few nice rushes. Still hasn't played "angry" yet. His 1st goal was him rushing the puck up the ice and scoring high glove with a wrist shot that the goalie really should have had. 2nd goal was a shot from the point deflected on the way in, so not much of a chance for the goalie. Was even +/- for the night.
Thanks for the info Mikey, I figured with all those PIMs he'd have had a fight or two. But it looks like it's just a handful of roughing and other minors he picks up in bunches every few games. It's probably a good thing he doesn't drop the gloves that often.

edit: And Moroz picked up another assist.

Old
10-25-2013, 09:40 PM
dnicks17

Kellen Jones - 1g 1a
Connor Jones - 2a
Joey Laleggia - 1g 1a
John McCarron - 2a

Last edited by dnicks17: 10-25-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Old
10-25-2013, 10:10 PM
Hockey Nightmare
Welcome to Edmonton

I hate to always say "next year" but if some of these guys can be impact players for us, it would go a long way towards not having to worry about size, sandpaper, and secondary scoring.

Old
10-25-2013, 10:21 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Nurse will be on the team next year. Moroz?

Old
10-25-2013, 11:44 PM
Roof Daddy

Is it just me, or is Omark the only guy who could put up 4 goals and still find a way to finish -1? If only Nacho could bring some light to the situation.

Old
10-26-2013, 02:29 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Is it just me, or is Omark the only guy who could put up 4 goals and still find a way to finish -1? If only Nacho could bring some light to the situation.
But... Forsberg 2.0!

Old
10-26-2013, 05:39 AM
Hemsky4PM

Plus minus is pretty skewed when a guy scores two on the pp and one on a ps. So, with a minus 1 he was on the ice for 4 goals for and...2 against by my count (one es for and two es against). Not a bad night at all.

Closed Thread