HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rinne Out (Hip Infection), Hellberg called up - MOD warning post #195

Old
10-24-2013, 12:30 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
And the hits just keep on coming.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 12:46 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

For those interested we have GM Poile's audio from this AM talking about the injury to Rinne.

To listen click here.

ICdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 12:51 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
hoping Hutton becomes Lindback 2.0

should change the mindset of the rest of the players...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 01:01 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
Yeah, probably premature on my part. Wish there was a way for me to edit out the injury report tag.
I went ahead and put the Injury Report tag back in. I think it's safe to say Rinne is considered injured at this point.

10-24-2013, 01:27 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Wow no hashtags yet. I'm proud of you guys

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 01:28 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

this would be a good time for a handtrick sighting...Im no orthopod but if this is an infection in the hip joint itself that could be catastrophic.

If its his wound/incision, that would be really weird 4 months out

i just dont know....

Old
10-24-2013, 01:29 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
this would be a good time for a handtrick sighting...Im no orthopod but if this is an infection in the hip joint itself that could be catastrophic.

i just dont know....
If it's with in the joint I'm ******** my pants and wondering if the hip surgeon heard of an autoclave

Old
10-24-2013, 01:37 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:

i just dont know....
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
If it's with in the joint I'm ******** my pants and wondering if the hip surgeon heard of an autoclave
I had to look that up BFC and I've got to agree with the good Dr ... time to drop Vawnderbilt as the team Medical Facility *pissing vinegar*

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 02:00 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

This whole thing just reeks of something that won't end well for us. Something about it gives me a bad feeling.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 02:09 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
I had to look that up BFC and I've got to agree with the good Dr ... time to drop Vawnderbilt as the team Medical Facility *pissing vinegar*
first, not even sure if he had the surgery at Vandy or not... second, you wouldnt get a wound infection from non-sterile instruments 4 months down the road.

one thing I have learned in 18 + years of practice is that weird **** happens, sometimes for no good reason... so lets put down the pitchforks and wait for additional information

Old
10-24-2013, 02:26 PM
Preds33

Quote:
first, not even sure if he had the surgery at Vandy or not... second, you wouldnt get a wound infection from non-sterile instruments 4 months down the road.

one thing I have learned in 18 + years of practice is that weird **** happens, sometimes for no good reason... so lets put down the pitchforks and wait for additional information
the procedure was done by a Vandy Dr if it wasn't at Vandy.

Preds33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 02:28 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Come on guys, Vanderbilt is one of the top medical facilities in the country.....

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 02:46 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Come on guys, Vanderbilt is one of the top medical facilities in the country.....
academic medical centers can be a double edged sword... while you have the famous doctors, they are often famous for research, not necessarily for being the best at cutting and sewing

at a teaching program, the attendings often dont do the surgeries themselves, although I am sure in Pekkas case they did.. and thats the rub... do you want a guy who has supervised 100 procedures in the last year but has only personally done a few, or do you want a guy who does dozens every year but does them all himself??

Old
10-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
academic medical centers can be a double edged sword... while you have the famous doctors, they are often famous for research, not necessarily for being the best at cutting and sewing

at a teaching program, the attendings often dont do the surgeries themselves, although I am sure in Pekkas case they did.. and thats the rub... do you want a guy who has supervised 100 procedures in the last year but has only personally done a few, or do you want a guy who does dozens every year but does them all himself??
Couldn't have said it better myself

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 02:57 PM
Persona5

vCash: 700
If we do tank and get the top pick somehow we would just take Ekblad anyways so here is to hoping our system of play will prop Hutton and Helberg up enough to make it through the loss of Rinne.

Persona5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 03:12 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

There's downsides to both. But I promise you sterilization equipment and procedures were all most likely followed. I'm going to venture to say Vanderbilt has the latest and greatest of everything.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 03:48 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:

Agreed. When I made the autoclave crack, it was just that, I joke

Old
10-24-2013, 04:14 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
This is what he had surgery for in the first place. Not good.
Do you have a source on that?

I can't find anywhere where it says he originally had surgery back in May due to a spontaneous bacterial infection. That would be really unusual.

I assumed that he had the same thing as Tim Thomas (torn labrum) but I can't find that anywhere either.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 04:19 PM
AEM6729

Quote:

It was at Vandy. No offense to them, but if I was worth as much money as Pekka is, I would be getting operated on by the very best. Vandy is good, but they're not the best.

I wonder if they haven't been messing around in his hip much more recently than May, and we just don't know about it.

Or maybe he really does have a septic joint from another cause. Then we are ****ed.

ETA: Listening to Poile's audio makes me really concerned. Pekka had a fever and was walking with a limp, and this "spontaneous bacterial infection" was diagnosed via MRI. That means it's definitely in his actual hip joint. They already took him to the OR to do a washout (go into the hip and try to get rid of all the infection they can see). This is bad.

Last edited by AEM6729: 10-24-2013 at 04:27 PM.
AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 05:27 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Yeah, this isn't good. The good thing - no hardware in that hip. It could wreck a sizable chunk of this season, but I don't expect him to be subpar in future seasons. This year ... who knows.

But who needs a backup eh?

10-24-2013, 05:51 PM
NorthAlPredfan

The one good thing to note is that it's October 24th. That puts him back right about the first of December. As long as he's healthy afterwards they should be OK and make a playoff run. If not expect some kind of trade later on down the line. No worries here......yet.

NorthAlPredfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 05:53 PM
alexmanu

#SuckforSam I'm on the Reinhart bandwagon

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 08:10 PM
adsfan

I saw Hutton play against Milwaukee. He is a solid goalie, the kind I would want playing on my team if I had one.

Hellberg played well in the playoffs. Only 13 goals were scored in the 4 game series with Texas. It wasn't Hellberg's fault that the Admirals lost that series.

Last edited by adsfan: 10-26-2013 at 11:00 AM.
adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 08:53 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
#SuckforSam I'm on the Reinhart bandwagon
I'm more of a #Stun4Stanley follower.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 09:08 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlPredfan View Post
The one good thing to note is that it's October 24th. That puts him back right about the first of December. As long as he's healthy afterwards they should be OK and make a playoff run. If not expect some kind of trade later on down the line. No worries here......yet.
Ill be happy to be be wrong but if he really had bacterial infection in his joint i'll be shocked if he's back in a month.