HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FA Signings, Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VIII: "The makeup has to be jigged"

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2013, 06:36 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
Or they'll just offer a UFA rental package, or wait until he's a UFA if they want him that badly.
And what happens if Hemsky doesn't make it to UFA? And there no reason to trade Eberle for anyone not named Doughty, Pietrangelo, Weber, etc...

Old
10-24-2013, 06:40 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
And what happens if Hemsky doesn't make it to UFA? And there no reason to trade Eberle for anyone not named Doughty, Pietrangelo, Weber, etc...
The Eberle for Josi proposal was ridiculous.

Just pointing out that Hemsky really doesn't have much, if any value as an impending UFA, Nashville simply won't trade a 2nd pairing defenseman locked up until 2020 for him.

Old
10-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Are you being serious right now? Here's Nashville perspective.. why trade Josi for anyone not named Hall, RNH, Eberle or Yakupov from Edmonton? He's a 23 year old top pairing defenseman and he's getting better. He's also signed for 7 years at a bargain deal.

Old
10-24-2013, 06:52 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 50
doesn't AV use the same system as eakins? Or...anyone know what the "falling out" is about?

I'm entirely opposed to the idea of trading a 1st for a struggling UFA.

Much rather have Ritchie.

Last edited by BoldNewLettuce: 10-24-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old
10-24-2013, 06:52 PM
SephF
See you next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Are you being serious right now? Here's Nashville perspective.. why trade Josi for anyone not named Hall, RNH, Eberle or Yakupov from Edmonton? He's a 23 year old top pairing defenseman and he's getting better. He's also signed for 7 years at a bargain deal.
It's because he's not a big name that people have heard of. He doesn't get a lot of press, very solid player though and I think Nashville would be crazy to trade him right now. I don't care how well Ekholm is playing.

Old
10-24-2013, 06:55 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Why is Eberle's name even being discussed as a trade option.

He's one of our best players.

I realize his value in the trade market would be quite high, but we would never get for him what he is actually is worth to this team, organization, and fans.

Old
10-24-2013, 07:08 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Why is Eberle's name even being discussed as a trade option.

He's one of our best players.

I realize his value in the trade market would be quite high, but we would never get for him what he is actually is worth to this team, organization, and fans.
I totally agree with you, players that we just don't move are:
Hall, RNH, Eberle, Perron, J.Schultz, Petry.

We need a nucleus of players and these young player are just too valuable. We have plenty of other pieces to move to improve our team:
Gagner, Arco, Hemsky, Yak, 2014 1st, and dmen to upgrade our defensemen.

The question I have for you guys when Hall is back and if and that is a big if, everyone is healthy how do we run our lines. Arco has proven himself so far on this team. He is a lot better than Gagner on the faceoff, better defensively and is producing. The way Hemsky is playing what do we do with him keep him and play him in the top 9 or move him for assets whether it is picks and prospects or keep him and he signs with another team next year. If he stays healthy and is producing I would just hate to waste an asset like him.

Old
10-24-2013, 07:24 PM
rockinghockey

With the way that Arco has played so far do you guys think he has any trade value and if so what would his return be?

Old
10-24-2013, 07:29 PM
jp7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
With the way that Arco has played so far do you guys think he has any trade value and if so what would his return be?
I think we'd need a bigger sample size to really judge his value, but Conacher is a good comparison. His FO% certainly helps his value I'd think, hopefully he keeps this up

Old
10-24-2013, 07:30 PM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

Quote:
Similar to Cory Conacher last season -- meaning he could fetch a potential #1 goalie (not a current #1).

Old
10-24-2013, 07:36 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
It's because he's not a big name that people have heard of. He doesn't get a lot of press, very solid player though and I think Nashville would be crazy to trade him right now. I don't care how well Ekholm is playing.
I know who Josi is, still have no motivation to trade our best player for him. I'd be open to Yakupov but that was already ruled out since Nashville hates Russians.

Old
10-24-2013, 07:37 PM
rockinghockey

If Duby continues to play the way he has the last 3 games do you guys still want and upgrade and if so who would it be?

Which team has a goalie to trade and would be interested in a player like Arco though?

Old
10-24-2013, 07:40 PM
fuswald
I'd Be Fired

Quote:
I totally agree with you, players that we just don't move are:
Hall, RNH, Eberle, Perron, J.Schultz, Petry.

We need a nucleus of players and these young player are just too valuable. We have plenty of other pieces to move to improve our team:
Gagner, Arco, Hemsky, Yak, 2014 1st, and dmen to upgrade our defensemen.

The question I have for you guys when Hall is back and if and that is a big if, everyone is healthy how do we run our lines. Arco has proven himself so far on this team. He is a lot better than Gagner on the faceoff, better defensively and is producing. The way Hemsky is playing what do we do with him keep him and play him in the top 9 or move him for assets whether it is picks and prospects or keep him and he signs with another team next year. If he stays healthy and is producing I would just hate to waste an asset like him.
Don't totally agree with this. Hall is very trade-able as his value is very high, maybe much higher than Eberle. Yak is not, need to build up his value. Sell high buy low. Nobody is untouchable (except Schultz for a while because he chose Edmonton and Gagner if MacT promised)

Old
10-24-2013, 07:43 PM
SephF
See you next time

Quote:
I know who Josi is, still have no motivation to trade our best player for him. I'd be open to Yakupov but that was already ruled out since Nashville hates Russians.
I wouldn't make that trade either. I like Josi but not for one of our core players.

Old
10-24-2013, 07:44 PM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Funny, last year Hall was our best player and Eberle was the worst. Ten games into the year that's already changed.. All of these guys are going to have great stretches and bad ones. They'll all be great players. There is four of them and we have multiple holes in the lineup. IMO it's time to entertain the possibility of trading one of them and we all know it's likely one of Eberle or Yakupov.

Old
10-24-2013, 08:00 PM
rockinghockey

Of course they will have their up and downs, but you have to take a look at chemistry also and Hal, RNH, and Eberle play so well together and get along so well off the ice. I think Yak will be a really good goal scorer but you have to pick your players to lead your team and I see Hall, RNH; Eberle, Perron, and J.Schultz being those players.

If we did get a really good deal and moved Yak we still have Hemsky that is a legit top 6 left winger. I never agreed with fans that say he is soft because he never has been and he knows how he has to play for Eakins and he has changed his game to do that.

Old
10-24-2013, 08:01 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

anyways, we don't need dmen.

Nurse-Petry
Marincin-Ekblad
Klefbom-Schultz

will eventually be the best d group in the league....we just need to wait 7 years.

Old
10-24-2013, 08:05 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Funny, last year Hall was our best player and Eberle was the worst. Ten games into the year that's already changed.. All of these guys are going to have great stretches and bad ones. They'll all be great players. There is four of them and we have multiple holes in the lineup. IMO it's time to entertain the possibility of trading one of them and we all know it's likely one of Eberle or Yakupov.
Have I ever called Eberle our worst player? If we're trading one it should be Yakupov easily.

Old
10-24-2013, 08:05 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldNewLettuce View Post

Nurse-Petry
Marincin-Ekblad
Klefbom-Schultz

will eventually be the best d group in the league....we just need to wait 7 years.
So, in 7 years we will have a good defensive core but by then who knows what our fwd core will look like.

Old
10-24-2013, 08:08 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldNewLettuce View Post

Nurse-Petry
Marincin-Ekblad
Klefbom-Schultz

@ Ekblad being on there.

Old
10-24-2013, 08:09 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

Quote:
So, in 7 years we will have a good defensive core but by then who knows what our fwd core will look like.
that's why we need to get on giving the young guns their extensions ASAP.

6 year deals then strike with a 3 year extension two months later.

Old
10-24-2013, 10:03 PM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

Coming in peace as a Canucks fan and a resident of Edmonton.

Dallas put Aaron Rome on waivers. He played solid in Van.

1.5 million for this year.

Old
10-24-2013, 10:07 PM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrunner View Post
Coming in peace as a Canucks fan and a resident of Edmonton.

Dallas put Aaron Rome on waivers. He played solid in Van.

1.5 million for this year.
K? We have lots of defenseman.. one in the AHL who's better than Rome.

Old
10-24-2013, 11:40 PM
duul

I say just keep our picks and we'll have a real solid team in a few years.

Hall-RNH-Yakupov
Nylander-McDavid-Eberle
Perron-Gagner-Hemsky
Joensuu-Gordon-Arcobello

Nurse-Schultz
Klefbom-Petry
Marincin-Gernat

Old
10-25-2013, 01:51 AM
punz101

Oilers need a huge makeover. Its clear Yak is not meshing well with our other young guns. Realistically we can not afford to keep all the young guys here and have a well rounded team with depth when all our money is tied up in six players. Hence my trade suggestions. We have to give up a lot to get what we need.

To Philly: Yakupov, Hemsky, Belov, 2nd round pick in 2014.
To EDM: Simmonds, Couturier, Brayden Coburn.

To Phoenix: Ganger, Klefbom,N.Shultz 1st overall pick 2014.
To EDM: OEL

To Toronto : Jeff Petry, 1st round pick 2015.
To EDM: Dion Phaneuf
Hall - Nuge - Simmonds
Perron - Courturier - Eberle
Smyth - Gordon - Jones
Gazdic - Arco - Joensuu/Pitlick

OEL Coburn
Smid Phaneuf
Ferrence Schultz

Dubnyk
Labarbera

Last edited by punz101: 10-25-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Closed Thread