HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10/24/2013 - When Yetis Attack - WPG/NSH

Old
10-24-2013, 10:47 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
Great win! Such a fun game to watch. So glad I got to be home for fall break and see this one live.

Players who did well:
-King Hut: Mitch Korn finds another one. Almost made a crazy save on the first one and no chance on the second one.
-Craig Smith: Honey badger don't give a %#&@$. He looks like the old Smith, back before he sucked.
-Weber: Solid all-around game, and snipe on the goal
-Hornqvist: The usual, and a goal
-Forsberg: Easily the most offensive talent of anyone on our roster
-Jones: Man he has talent, but does he ever look like a rookie. Lots of mistakes, lots of bright spots.
-Ekholm: When you don't notice a rookie defenseman, he did well.
-Ellis: He was...better. I'll never be a huge fan of him, but he was better than I remember him being.

Players who looked bad:
-Colin Wilson: When you don't notice a guy who was supposed to be our best forward...not good
-Bourque: So many chances to make things happen, so little things happening. Lots of fans, lots of turnovers.
-Whoever picked the music tonight: I Like Big Butts? Low? This is a hockey game, not a dance club

Last edited by Top 6 Spaling: 10-24-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 10:50 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
you wonder if "big butts" was a swipe at Byfulgien

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 10:51 PM
AEM6729

1. Smith and his line were on FIRE. Sweet justice to see it pay off for Smith at the end!

2. Hutton looked really calm. A little shaky a few times, but overall way better than I expected...and he was thisclose to saving both goals. I swear, Mitch Korn is a magician. He gets the very best out of every goalie he coaches. Maybe having Hutton as a starter for awhile will actually work!

3. Jones and Weber make me forget that Suter and Weber ever existed.

4. I really want to know Byfuglien's body fat percentage. I mean seriously. He's listed at 6'5", 265. 265!!! That's 10 pounds more than Chara, and Chara is 4 inches taller. He has to be the heaviest player in the NHL. Poor Smith getting rocked by him twice...dude outweighs him by more than 60 pounds!

ETA: Did anyone notice Gaustad favoring his left wrist in the penalty box? Perhaps that's the upper body injury that's always plaguing him?

Last edited by AEM6729: 10-24-2013 at 11:02 PM.
AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 10:54 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Mitch Korn deserves Jack Adams, and I'm not joking.

It almost makes me say trade Rinne. We could throw Chet &%#ing Pickard in there and he'd play like a superstar. Rinne is phenomenal, but I almost am at the point where I feel like Korn can make anyone look great.

Last edited by Top 6 Spaling: 10-24-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old
10-24-2013, 11:07 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
1) King Hut nickname is official; well done Carter / Top 6 Spaling

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 11:09 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post

ETA: Did anyone notice Gaustad favoring his left wrist in the penalty box? Perhaps that's the upper body injury that's always plaguing him?
He blocked a big shot during the game--not sure now exactly when it was--but he was obviously in pain as he headed toward the bench. Could have been a result of that.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 11:10 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Mitch Korn deserves Jack Adams, and I'm not joking.

It almost makes me say trade Rinne. We could throw Chet &%#ing Pickard in there and he'd play like a superstar. Rinne is phenomenal, but I almost am at the point where I feel like Korn can make anyone look great.

Trade Rinne? We just beat the jets not team Canada

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 11:13 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
Trade Rinne? We just beat the jets not team Canada
That's why I said "almost". I don't want use to trade Rinne. I just am saying that with the way Korn pulls goalies out of nowhere, we may be better spending $$$ elsewhere and just rotating the Ellis/Mason/Hutton types through.

Again, not saying we should trade Rinne, it just makes me think about whether Mitch is just that magical.

Old
10-24-2013, 11:13 PM
hockey diva

Typical Preds game. Moments of brilliance mixed in with long stretches of ineptitude. We have to be one of the worst passing teams in the league. So many times, we couldn't get past the center line, much less the gain the zone because we couldn't connect a pass.

Trotz said Stalberg was scratched because of lack of production. How is he supposed to produce when he is stuck with plugs for line mates!

Hutton was good. He also doesn't wander as much as Pekka either.

Still a win is a win, and beating the Jets is always sweet.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 11:30 PM
Everlong
-

Didn't get a chance to see the game but glad to see them grind out a win for Hutton. Also pretty remarkable the beating Smith was taking all game from the highlights I saw. Then eventually scores the game winner.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 11:53 PM
Infinite Jest

vCash: 50
Byfuglien moves pretty well for a fatty.

Infinite Jest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 12:17 AM
PredsChik

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
you wonder if "big butts" was a swipe at Byfulgien
Well, Hornqvist scored shortly after and my sister and I continued to sing past the "Makes me so Horny" line..I think that had everythong to do with it.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 12:25 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Great win! Such a fun game to watch. So glad I got to be home for fall break and see this one live.

Players who did well:
-King Hut: Mitch Korn finds another one. Almost made a crazy save on the first one and no chance on the second one.
-Craig Smith: Honey badger don't give a %#&@$. He looks like the old Smith, back before he sucked.
-Weber: Solid all-around game, and snipe on the goal
-Hornqvist: The usual, and a goal
-Forsberg: Easily the most offensive talent of anyone on our roster
-Jones: Man he has talent, but does he ever look like a rookie. Lots of mistakes, lots of bright spots.
-Ekholm: When you don't notice a rookie defenseman, he did well.
-Ellis: He was...better. I'll never be a huge fan of him, but he was better than I remember him being.

Players who looked bad:
-Colin Wilson: When you don't notice a guy who was supposed to be our best forward...not good
-Bourque: So many chances to make things happen, so little things happening. Lots of fans, lots of turnovers.
-Whoever picked the music tonight: I Like Big Butts? Low? This is a hockey game, not a dance club
Don't they play that Flo Rida song at the Bridge, too? I swear I heard it during a TV broadcast of a live game once, and my then girlfriend mentioned how her Mom wears Apple Bottom jeans.

10-25-2013, 01:11 AM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Don't they play that Flo Rida song at the Bridge, too? I swear I heard it during a TV broadcast of a live game once, and my then girlfriend mentioned how her Mom wears Apple Bottom jeans.
Her boots also have fur?

Last edited by Everlong: 10-25-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 05:55 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

I only saw a little of the game, but I thought Colin Wilson didn't look that bad. I thought he had great hustle which almost translated into an earlier OT winner.

Oh...and I can watch Buff cost the Jets the game on a constant loop all day and be a happy man

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 08:46 AM
Montross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortheloveofthegame View Post
I can't believe how well Hutton is playing and no one is raving about it on this board! You have your ALL STAR goalie go down and to know you back up can play like this! WOW
People who have watched the team for a long time are kind of used to this. Korn is a fantastic goalie coach and has been able to get the most out of virtually every guy they have put in net.

I'm not shocked in the least Hutton has played well so far.

Montross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 08:49 AM
Montross

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Typical Preds game. Moments of brilliance mixed in with long stretches of ineptitude. We have to be one of the worst passing teams in the league. So many times, we couldn't get past the center line, much less the gain the zone because we couldn't connect a pass.
They managed to get past the center line enough to get 33 shots on goal. I'll take that ineptitude every game.

Montross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 08:56 AM
AintLifeGrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I only saw a little of the game, but I thought Colin Wilson didn't look that bad. I thought he had great hustle which almost translated into an earlier OT winner.

Oh...and I can watch Buff cost the Jets the game on a constant loop all day and be a happy man
So happy we're not on the losing end of Kane/Buff's brain fades anymore

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 09:05 AM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
So happy we're not on the losing end of Kane/Buff's brain fades anymore
And Bogosian- AMEN to that, I was going to post the exact same thing. (Although I have to admit I would love to have Kane on the Preds)

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 09:17 AM
AintLifeGrand

Bogosian... Lulz. He hasn't been the same since that knee injury after starting the 09 season on like a 40 goal pace. I think it is safe to say he has been a bust.

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 09:25 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I hope Kev liked that game.

Now to get wins in the other teams in division

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 09:30 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montross View Post
People who have watched the team for a long time are kind of used to this. Korn is a fantastic goalie coach and has been able to get the most out of virtually every guy they have put in net.

I'm not shocked in the least Hutton has played well so far.
I think Hutton was good last night but he's rebound control will have to improve against better teams.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 09:35 AM
Phototropic

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I think Hutton was good last night but he's rebound control will have to improve against better teams.
That is the biggest difference I think. He played really solid and in control but controls far fewer pucks than Pekka, both intentionally and unintentionally. Klein made some big plays around the net as well as others to prevent second chances last night.

Phototropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 09:48 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I am going to hope that comes as he gets more comfortable. He fought off some pucks last night.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 10:01 AM
Persona5

vCash: 700
Love the fact that Smith is playing so well. His first few steps seem much faster than in the past. He looks like a top 6 forward this year for sure.

Wilson has played ok and this game was one of his better games imo. He is being sent out against other teams top lines keep in mind.

Forsberg looked better this game but we play him in such a protected role that I am still not sold on if we should send him to the Ads to develop a little more.

Sad to see Stalberg out of the line-up so fast. I really don't think he has been given a chance. Playing on the 4th line with Goose and Hendricks isn't going to work well. Maybe one day Trotz will put him with Legwand and Nystrom and see what happens then.

Josi skated finally and hopefully he is back soon. I wonder what the pairings will look like when he does come back. Will Jones remain on the top line? Hard to say honestly. Listed below are what I think are our 2 best options and either one I would be pretty happy with.

Josi/Weber
Ekholm/Jones
Bartley/Klein

or

Jones/Weber
Josi/Klein
Ekholm/Ellis

Persona5 is offline   Reply With Quote