HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Eric Brewer

Old
12-10-2006, 04:09 PM
Venom_17

vCash: 500
Eric Brewer

Is available and being shopped, according to HNIC Satellite Hotstove.

Problem is that he is a pending UFA and hasn't played well since being dealt to StL.

Upside is that he has a gold medal and is generally regarded as being a good dman, and would probably prosper in a better situation. He could also probably be had for relatively cheap.

I have always liked Brewer. With DL talking of building from the back-end out, this is the kind of guy he must really want.

Should the Kings push for him? I would be all in favour if (a) we could get him signed; (b) these ridiculous Visnovsky trade rumours are true.

If we keep, Vis there is probably no room for Brewer - unless Sopel or Miller goes the other way.

A top 4 of:

Visnovsky-Blake
Brewer-Norstrom

Would probably be the best top 4 in the NHL!

Venom_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 04:24 PM
kingsfan25

If the price was right, sure...he's been pretty quiet in Stl., had a few injuries, but I think it'd be worth the risk provided DL doesn't give up too much.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 04:43 PM
Osprey

Same as Luongo: Lombardi won't bother without an assurance that he'd immediately sign an extension. Having Brewer for the rest of this disappointing year and no later makes zero sense.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 01:35 AM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Yes to Brewer. We need more D and he fits that perfectly. We will be shedding Blake, Norstrom and probably Miller and Tverdovsky soon and we currently have guys like Weaver we could afford to send back to the AHL to make room for Brewer if need be. By the time things all shake out, hopefully he'll be ready as a decent to good vet defenseman that we will sorely lack after 2007-08.

But, I can only see about two situations where we get him:

1) Sign him for free as a UFA for more than two years.

2) Salary swap someone like Tverdovsky for Brewer.

No matter the situation, I won't let go any pick higher than a 3rd or any viable prospect for him because it will just be spinning wheels again. With the first situation being perfectly viable, there's really no need to give up talent for him now. Let some desperate playoff team do that.

- Ror

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 01:38 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Same as Luongo: Lombardi won't bother without an assurance that he'd immediately sign an extension. Having Brewer for the rest of this disappointing year and no later makes zero sense.
What he said.

Also, Blake and Norstrom are having a mother of a time on defense as it is. Somehow, I don't think Brewer is going to make them better.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote