HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Please let's discuss our 2c situation

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-24-2013, 11:05 PM
  #1
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,133
vCash: 500
Please let's discuss our 2c situation

If Handzus is our 2c next game there are only two possible conclusions that can be drawn: (1) Q is suffering from the early onset of dementia; or (2) Q's trolling us.

I've said too many times to count I would like to see Pirri get an audition at 2c...but at this point I don't even care anymore. I'd rather see Corey Crawford have a shot before I can stomach seeing Hanzus continue on in that role.

I really hope that Jokerit misses the playoffs and Teuvo becomes re-available asap.

discuss.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 11:37 PM
  #2
Ace Rothstein
Aces High
 
Ace Rothstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 3,215
vCash: 500
I'm pretty sure every poster on this board will agree with you. If they don't then they aren't watching the games.

Ace Rothstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 11:38 PM
  #3
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 22,601
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
And some have been saying it for months.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 11:47 PM
  #4
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
I'm pretty sure every poster on this board will agree with you. If they don't then they aren't watching the games.
no, that's not the case.

...but before when i was back-reading the GDT, i saw bwc's post that we're not supposed to call each other out...so i'll leave well enough alone.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 01:58 AM
  #5
Intense Rage
Registered User
 
Intense Rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,488
vCash: 500
Q obviously does not trust Pirri, at this point we might as well move the guy as Q would rather play a guy who has obviously been terrible.

Intense Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 04:56 AM
  #6
CertainAffinity*
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,403
vCash: 500
There's nothing to discuss. If Handzus suits up for even one more game as 2c, it's time for Bowman to give Q his walking papers.

"Thanks for the cup, but you've clearly gone senile over the summer. Best of luck with your future endeavors."

Enough with the geriatrics. Handzus, Roszival, Khabby. They caught some lighting in a bottle for a cup run, and somehow people were convinced that this could work for an 82 game season.

It's not all the old horses fault, our D has been a ****ing dumpster fire team wide, but it's time to take these old horses to the glue factory and initiate the next wave of the youth movement.


Last edited by CertainAffinity*: 10-25-2013 at 05:08 AM.
CertainAffinity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 06:56 AM
  #7
Ace Rothstein
Aces High
 
Ace Rothstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 3,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
no, that's not the case.

...but before when i was back-reading the GDT, i saw bwc's post that we're not supposed to call each other out...so i'll leave well enough alone.
I was thinking after last night's game that even the holdouts would come around.

Ace Rothstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 07:06 AM
  #8
Hawkscap
Registered User
 
Hawkscap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,683
vCash: 500
Q wants Brunnette back to play with Handzus on the 2nd line.

Hawkscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 07:21 AM
  #9
wladyslaw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
If Handzus is our 2c next game there are only two possible conclusions that can be drawn: (1) Q is suffering from the early onset of dementia; or (2) Q's trolling us.

I've said too many times to count I would like to see Pirri get an audition at 2c...but at this point I don't even care anymore. I'd rather see Corey Crawford have a shot before I can stomach seeing Hanzus continue on in that role.

I really hope that Jokerit misses the playoffs and Teuvo becomes re-available asap.

discuss.
Agree/26- partially agree w/ 37/2nd C. 2nd line of 20/37/88 esposed why 37 is limited cuz of D/zone. Bolts had a 26 minute possession vs. that line! It was awful!
For 37 to be effective he needs to play with two very strong D forwards who can keep Puck out of D zone- cuz 37 does not like play the boards- and Q sees this and hates it!

Best case is Pirri puts up 10 goals and they trade 37 and 17 for some picks or a 2nd center rental!

wladyslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 07:22 AM
  #10
Gurth
Registered User
 
Gurth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Madison
Country: United States
Posts: 925
vCash: 500
Bowman shouldn't have re-signed Zus. Had to know that Q would be stupid with him if he's on the roster.

I'm not here to pile on Zus as I believe he's trying.

But damn if he doesn't look old out there. It's almost sad and then I remember that this is a professional athlete getting paid a lot (certainly a lot more than me) who simply isn't good enough to get the job done anymore.

Ultimately it falls on Q though as it's his job to put players in a position where they can best utilize their individual skills to help the team as a whole.

Not only is Zus miscast on the second line, Pirri is miscast on the 4th. So sick of Q's stubbornness.

Gurth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 07:28 AM
  #11
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,008
vCash: 500
Still not sold on Pirri as our 2nd line C, but anything would be better than Handzus at his point.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 07:31 AM
  #12
Gurth
Registered User
 
Gurth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Madison
Country: United States
Posts: 925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wladyslaw View Post
Agree/26- partially agree w/ 37/2nd C. 2nd line of 20/37/88 esposed why 37 is limited cuz of D/zone. Bolts had a 26 minute possession vs. that line! It was awful!
For 37 to be effective he needs to play with two very strong D forwards who can keep Puck out of D zone- cuz 37 does not like play the boards- and Q sees this and hates it!

First off, Pirri is a center and shouldn't be on the boards too often anyway.

And not that Pirri is Kane, and I appreciate how much better Kaner's been at back checking this year, but Kaner's never been overly strong on the boards either and lines he's on get pinned from time to time.

At this point, Pirri would be with Kane and Sharp and I doubt that line gets pinned too often. In addition, the puck possession that those three could impose would offset the minimal chance that they'd be weak in our zone.

Half the time that the second line derps is on Zus anyway. He either fumbles a pass or reacts too slowly when he's got and open look or he runs into an otherwise free and clear line mate.

Pirri's not gonna be any worse, even if he's somewhat of a defensive liability - which I don't believe he is.

Q's just got it in for him for some reason.

Gurth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 07:34 AM
  #13
Gurth
Registered User
 
Gurth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Madison
Country: United States
Posts: 925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Still not sold on Pirri as our 2nd line C, but anything would be better than Handzus at his point.

I am. At least with him getting a prolonged look.

He's showing flashes that are hard to miss in very limited time and with less than stellar offensive line mates.

Gurth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 07:52 AM
  #14
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets
 
Atomic Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Panama
Country: United States
Posts: 9,025
vCash: 500
That penalty in the last three minutes off the face-off......

Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 09:02 AM
  #15
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User
 
deytookerjaabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Still not sold on Pirri as our 2nd line C, but anything would be better than Handzus at his point.
He's a good playmaker, a good passer, can carry the puck through the neutrals zone, is significantly faster than Zus, can snipe and would be playing with two of the best wingers in the game, what's not to be sold on?

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 09:11 AM
  #16
Fortyfives
Registered User
 
Fortyfives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
I'd put him on a line with Sharp and Hossa. He's a perfect center for those two.

Fortyfives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 09:14 AM
  #17
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
He's a good playmaker, a good passer, can carry the puck through the neutrals zone, is significantly faster than Zus, can snipe and would be playing with two of the best wingers in the game, what's not to be sold on?
He needs Bollig to do his work down low in our own zone, doesn't cycle the puck very well, and isn't that great defensively. Other than that, he has looked OK, just not sold on him.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 09:33 AM
  #18
wladyslaw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurth View Post
First off, Pirri is a center and shouldn't be on the boards too often anyway.



Pirri's not gonna be any worse, even if he's somewhat of a defensive liability - which I don't believe he is.

Q's just got it in for him for some reason.
37 shouldn't be on boards too often??? Tell that to 19, 16, 65. Cuz they must not be playing right- they are often on boards (behind both nets)!

Speed, lack of board play, and lack of cycle is why Q doesn't like 37.
37 can Shoot and finish, OK passer.

wladyslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 09:35 AM
  #19
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 22,601
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wladyslaw View Post
37 shouldn't be on boards too often??? Tell that to 19, 16, 65. Cuz they must not be playing right- they are often on boards (behind both nets)!

Speed, lack of board play, and lack of cycle is why Q doesn't like 37.
37 can Shoot and finish, OK passer.
Despite thinking your opinion of Pirri is off, who exactly would you play at second line C?

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 09:44 AM
  #20
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting
 
Kurtosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Norwood Park
Country: United States
Posts: 13,150
vCash: 500
There is (in my opinion) no reason Pirri shouldn't be centering Hossa and Sharp.

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 10:11 AM
  #21
Easton Modano Curve
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 766
vCash: 500
Q is giving Handzus a chance. Handzus is a 16 year NHL vet, scored 0.5 ppg with the Hawks in their playoff run as #2 center last year. Handzus came on "strong" last year after a slow start in SJ.

I think it's really easy for a bunch of guys on a message board who've never been in an NHL dressing room to say Q is an idiot by not playing the kid. However, for better or worse, you'd find it hard to find a sport with more loyalty than hockey.

I don't think Handzus is going to be our #2C for long, but I don't think Q is as crazy as everyone is making him out to be for giving a 16 year veteran who was last year's Stanley Cup champ's #2C, a 10 game shot at trying to bring his game together.

Easton Modano Curve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 10:25 AM
  #22
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets
 
Atomic Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Panama
Country: United States
Posts: 9,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton Modano Curve View Post
Q is giving Handzus a chance. Handzus is a 16 year NHL vet, scored 0.5 ppg with the Hawks in their playoff run as #2 center last year. Handzus came on "strong" last year after a slow start in SJ.

I think it's really easy for a bunch of guys on a message board who've never been in an NHL dressing room to say Q is an idiot by not playing the kid. However, for better or worse, you'd find it hard to find a sport with more loyalty than hockey.

I don't think Handzus is going to be our #2C for long, but I don't think Q is as crazy as everyone is making him out to be for giving a 16 year veteran who was last year's Stanley Cup champ's #2C, a 10 game shot at trying to bring his game together.
I don't think he is crazy. Just stubborn to a level that frustrates fans at times. You just wonder if he sees something nobody else does or just the loyalty thing? remember at the beginning of the year he was saying these vets are going to get maint. days and all. So far only Rozy has gotten any.

Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 10:36 AM
  #23
Easton Modano Curve
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjacks View Post
I don't think he is crazy. Just stubborn to a level that frustrates fans at times. You just wonder if he sees something nobody else does or just the loyalty thing? remember at the beginning of the year he was saying these vets are going to get maint. days and all. So far only Rozy has gotten any.
It's been 10 games. Not exactly the dog days. The guys are just finding their legs.

Stubborn maybe. But if I worked 16 years in an industry, exceeded all expectations to help my organization reach the mountain top the previous year, I hope my boss would give me a couple weeks to prove myself before being replaced by the young guy out of college.

Might not be the most pragmatic approach (that's what Stanbo is for), but that's why they love playing for Q. If that's how Q creates a culture of playing for each other, respecting each other, etc...I'm all for it. I have no insider information but from the outside looking in giving the vet 10 games isn't as crazy to me as everyone else on this board. It's still October.

Easton Modano Curve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 10:55 AM
  #24
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets
 
Atomic Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Panama
Country: United States
Posts: 9,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton Modano Curve View Post
It's been 10 games. Not exactly the dog days. The guys are just finding their legs.

Stubborn maybe. But if I worked 16 years in an industry, exceeded all expectations to help my organization reach the mountain top the previous year, I hope my boss would give me a couple weeks to prove myself before being replaced by the young guy out of college.

Might not be the most pragmatic approach (that's what Stanbo is for), but that's why they love playing for Q. If that's how Q creates a culture of playing for each other, respecting each other, etc...I'm all for it. I have no insider information but from the outside looking in giving the vet 10 games isn't as crazy to me as everyone else on this board. It's still October.
It is not about finding legs for the old guys but them getting the proper rest to perform up to their potential at their age. Short offseasons with surgeries and slower healing with age means the playing time should be tempered with them.

Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 11:38 AM
  #25
Easton Modano Curve
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjacks View Post
It is not about finding legs for the old guys but them getting the proper rest to perform up to their potential at their age. Short offseasons with surgeries and slower healing with age means the playing time should be tempered with them.
If you want to be the one calling out the coach for maintenance days 10 games into the season go ahead. Didn't mean to take this thread off topic with the "finding the legs" comment.

PS: still don't think Q is crazy like many on this board. Let's get through Halloween. Heck, I don't think we'll truly know what this team is going to look like until after the Olympics.

Easton Modano Curve is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.