HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on NHL center ice?

Old
12-10-2006, 10:08 PM
LeMAD

vCash: 500
Habs on NHL center ice?

Hey guys,

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but is it possible to see the habs on NHL Center Ice in Montreal, or is there a blackout?

I was thinking of getting the base chanels with Illico (about $15/month) plus center ice, since I only need TV for hockey and the news, but I need to see the habs. And it see if you want RDS you need to get tons of other useless channels so you need to pay at least $35 a month (not counting center ice) and that's way out of my budget. (unless center ice is included, which might help me swallow the pill...)

Anyone knows a cheaper way to see the Habs on TV? (not counting TVU)

thanks

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2006, 10:17 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

I can't answer the rest of your question, but local games are blacked out on Centre Ice. (i.e. Montreal games in Quebec, Toronto games where I live). In fact, any nationally televised game is blacked out, so if it's on TSN/CBC it's also blacked out.

12-11-2006, 01:49 AM
bayrider

They will be blacked out in Montreal, all of them. That's because RDS shows every game.

Here in LA, I get to watch SOME Ducks games on Center Ice because every so often FSN Prime Ticket, or KDOC doesn't broadcast the Ducks game, so that particular game isnt subject to blackout. Since RDS shows every Habs game, they would be blacked out in Montreal.

If you're only interested in watching the news and the Habs, and your from Montreal, why would you even need to inquire about Center Ice? Just get the basic package that has RDS. I think on Express Vu its an extra $2 a month. Don't go with Illico. Illico service is expensive as it is.

bayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 08:05 AM
Hockeymom67

Had Center Ice for a while but cancelled it because most of the games where found on either TSN or RDS at a much cheaper price

Hockeymom67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 08:13 AM
Kostitsyn404*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Hey guys,

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but is it possible to see the habs on NHL Center Ice in Montreal, or is there a blackout?

I was thinking of getting the base chanels with Illico (about $15/month) plus center ice, since I only need TV for hockey and the news, but I need to see the habs. And it see if you want RDS you need to get tons of other useless channels so you need to pay at least $35 a month (not counting center ice) and that's way out of my budget. (unless center ice is included, which might help me swallow the pill...)

Anyone knows a cheaper way to see the Habs on TV? (not counting TVU)

thanks
They always block it out. They'll lie through their teeth to get you to believe it won't be too. All you have to ask is "Will Montreal Canadiens games be blacked out on NHL Center ICE in Montreal" and they'll reluctantly say yes.

Don't bother. Just get RDS. It's 20$ more for basic-regular cable. For RDS on ExpressVu I think u need to pay for some package or 6-8$/channel.

Dunno about illico.

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 08:48 AM
Souray44

Living in PEI since we have no team in the maritimes if I get NHL Centre Ice next year I shouldn't have to worry about blackouts, correct? I would only get games blacked out that are being broadcast nationally on TSN and CBC?

Also, is there ever games broadcast in HD on NHL Centre Ice?

Souray44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 08:53 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souray44 View Post
Living in PEI since we have no team in the maritimes if I get NHL Centre Ice next year I shouldn't have to worry about blackouts, correct? I would only get games blacked out that are being broadcast nationally on TSN and CBC?
I live in NB and have Center Ice. I've never had a game blacked out (Habs game or any game for that matter). I get every Habs game (except one so far against NJ) and every other game. It's worth the money if you have it IMO.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 10:11 AM
Souray44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I live in NB and have Center Ice. I've never had a game blacked out (Habs game or any game for that matter). I get every Habs game (except one so far against NJ) and every other game. It's worth the money if you have it IMO.
Alright thanks for the answer. I will be getting it then.

As for the second part of my question...do you get any games in HD?

Souray44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 10:23 AM
LeMAD

It seems that with Illico you can get the base channels + RDS + Center Ice for about $34 a month, while with ExpressVu you need to take a package to get RDS which will lead you to nearly the same price, but without Center Ice...

It's also possible to get RDS on Illico with something cheaper than Center Ice thought (ex: Super Écran at $12, or two useless packages for $8).

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote