HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Eskimos thread meet Devon Bailey Eskimo Latest draft pick

Old
10-20-2013, 10:03 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
Shows this league has really turned into an air show in the last decade. Glenn has been a low-end starter for most of his career. A 4000-yard season used to be a benchmark of success, now it's pretty much expected out of anyone who plays 18 games.
People forget that the 18GP also has a significant impact. Used to be 16 before that. Statistically thats going to skew any cumulative records to new era. Not because the players are better or anything.

NHL record book had the same sorry rewriting.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 09:46 AM
Gord
Tesla

vCash: 50
now that a crappy esks season is coming to a close, I wish I was a fan of a good hockey team to switch to.
bummer that I'm an Oiler fan.

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 11:38 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
now that a crappy esks season is coming to a close, I wish I was a fan of a good hockey team to switch to.
bummer that I'm an Oiler fan.
I've got my Oilers greatest games DVD set to fire up when things get too bad. I try not to pay attention to there being only 1 game shown out of the last 15 or more years..

I'm here to help.

Old
10-25-2013, 11:40 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 369
39 for 45, 505 yards, 3TDs and an Argo record 21 consecutive passes which is one short of the league record. Quite the game for Ray who won't play next week.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
39 for 45, 505 yards, 3TDs and an Argo record 21 consecutive passes which is one short of the league record. Quite the game for Ray who won't play next week.
Who gives a **** about Ray what were Jyles stats last week?

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 12:26 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Had a pathetic outing against the same bombers club just last week in which he couldn't do anything in second half..

The frustrating thing with Ray is which one are you getting on any given day. That said he's been night and day better in Toronto then here.

I actually prefer watching a QB like Reilly here.

Old
10-25-2013, 12:34 PM
Gord
Tesla

how bad are the esks going to lose tonight?
a QB I don't think is entirely healthy in the head after all the recent hits, no stamps and the same lousy coaches.
I'd favor the Lions by at least 13.5 points.

Old
10-25-2013, 12:35 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
a QB I don't think is entirely healthy in the head after all the recent hits, no stamps and the same lousy coaches.
I'd favor the Lions by at least 1300.5 points.
Fixed for you.

Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 01:01 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 369
Quote:
I'd favor the Lions by at least 13.5 points.
we are going to win the remaining two games and reed will get another extension on top of the one that hasn't kicked in yet.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 02:19 PM
Gord
Tesla

Quote:
we are going to win the remaining two games and reed will get another extension on top of the one that hasn't kicked in yet.
with Hervey and Rhodes, I'm not holding onto hope of Reed getting fired.
and even if he does, I don't trust those two to make a good hiring choice.

he could lose the next two games and still get an extension.
Reed will probably put all the blame on the assistants, fire them and get to keep his job.
Then there will be an article about how much Reed cares about the team and the eskimo way.

Last edited by Gord: 10-25-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old
10-25-2013, 08:37 PM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

Quote:

Reed will probably put all the blame on the assistants, fire them and get to keep his job.
Then there will be an article about how much Reed cares about the team and the eskimo way.
Then he'll be promoted to assistant general manager and the circus will continue.

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 09:26 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 310
Quote:

Thats a big part of the problem with this team and why I dont think it will get straightened out anytime soon.

Rhodes is not a football man...why is he making football decisions?

Little wonder the team is a joke.

How can they expect to build a winning football team with that football ignorant idiot at the helm?

Is he the best this sorry franchise could do?

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 11:46 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Coehoorn should have two TD's tonight. Of course he has zero. Can this guy EVER beat anybody or make a play? Not even hitting first down markers on what are routine conversions.

At least Bowman having a reasonable game except for the turnover.

Not sure why I'm watching.

Old
10-25-2013, 11:55 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Buck Pierce is beating us.

Yikes.

GreatKeith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 11:55 PM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

i knew should of put 500 on the leo's.

the esks never fail to disapoint

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 12:41 AM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

I've already tuned out this season, but I've made a resolution to not watch a second of this team next year until they can Kavis and a few others.

Absolutely unacceptable to not beat a team from your division even once. If it wasn't for the East being putrid they would be 0-16.

GreatKeith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 01:29 AM
Stoneman89

A play in the last minute just about captures Reed's legacy perfectly. Sends Shaw out to do a short kick, then calls him off as he's ready to step forward. Shaw goes ahead and kicks short and Reed goes ballistic, yelling at the ST's coach and Shaw. No one knows what the hell he wants. Another one of Reed's in-game last second confusing head fakes.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 02:16 AM
Oilersfanneedsdrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
A play in the last minute just about captures Reed's legacy perfectly. Sends Shaw out to do a short kick, then calls him off as he's ready to step forward. Shaw goes ahead and kicks short and Reed goes ballistic, yelling at the ST's coach and Shaw. No one knows what the hell he wants. Another one of Reed's in-game last second confusing head fakes.
I miss Danny Maciocia.

Oilersfanneedsdrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 06:21 AM
AJGass4

First time I've had the opportunity to see a whole game this season and I didn't even turn it on.

Switched over and saw it was 10 - 1 and that didn't even peak my interest. Sadly, this franchise just produced the worse product I have ever seen displayed on a CFL field.

The management should be so ashamed that they did absolutely nothing to fix any problems we had and expected people to show up. I know Tillman royally screwed us over but there was time to fix some of it and quite frankly that O-Line Hervey built is disturbing to say the least.

AJGass4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 10:27 AM
Gord
Tesla

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGass4 View Post
First time I've had the opportunity to see a whole game this season and I didn't even turn it on.

Switched over and saw it was 10 - 1 and that didn't even peak my interest. Sadly, this franchise just produced the worse product I have ever seen displayed on a CFL field.

The management should be so ashamed that they did absolutely nothing to fix any problems we had and expected people to show up. I know Tillman royally screwed us over but there was time to fix some of it and quite frankly that O-Line Hervey built is disturbing to say the least.
can't blame tillman as much as one would like to. he had some perfectly good players that Hervey got rid of so he could build the team his way.

then hervey goes and pays Shaw as much as he did, and I can't believe sherritt is getting $170,000 a year. that's just stupid. if he doesn't get forced to take a pay cut, hervey will never be a good GM.

Old
10-26-2013, 11:46 AM
rboomercat90

Quote:
This is about as correct as it gets, a perfect microcosm of Reed's tenure here. Third season as head coach and seventeen games into the season the players have no clue what the hell he wants them to do. As terrible as he is as a coach, he is an even worse communicator. A lot of people initially thought he was a stand up guy for taking the heat for the players over that "13th man" thing in the Grey Cup game but after watching him here for 3 years and seeing exactly how confused and flustered he gets in pressure situations I'm sure he was directly responsible. Either way, he certainly isn't head coach material.

If he is back next season the Eskimos don't deserve to sell a single ticket.

rboomercat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 11:46 AM
Stoneman89

Quote:
can't blame tillman as much as one would like to. he had some perfectly good players that Hervey got rid of so he could build the team his way.

then hervey goes and pays Shaw as much as he did, and I can't believe sherritt is getting $170,000 a year. that's just stupid. if he doesn't get forced to take a pay cut, hervey will never be a good GM.

If the choice is to protect either Curran or Sherritt in the expansion draft, they'd better be protecting Curran.

Old
10-26-2013, 11:47 AM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfanneedsdrink View Post
I miss Danny Maciocia.

No you don't!

Old
10-26-2013, 11:57 AM
Gord
Tesla

Quote:
If the choice is to protect either Curran or Sherritt in the expansion draft, they'd better be protecting Curran.
exactly.
and the play of curran is a good reason why you should never pay that much money to a guy like Sherritt. Sherritt is making at least $70,00 a year too much.

and shaw is making too much also. if he was worth that much money, then there would have been no reason to bring in another kicker.

Old
10-26-2013, 11:59 AM
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

Quote:

I'm with you. Tillman was a nightmare, but atleast his teams were competitive. This is a god damn disaster. Yeah we have a QB, but Hervey for some reason thought it'd be best to get rid of productive players, and overpay certain others.

This teams an absolute mess.