HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 10: Nashville @ Minnesota

Old
10-25-2013, 11:05 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDhockeyfan View Post
Spaling played 2:11 SH last night. Legwand hasn't played the PK all season. Fisher played the PK last night with Spaling, Hendricks, Gaustad and Nystrom. It wasn't a theory either. Trotz said it himself in the press conference last night of why he played Spaling because it was Fish's 1st night back.
ok, not theory then, Trotz's reason, sucks. If you scratch one of your few offensive players so you can have another penalty killer on this team, then you no longer have to wonder why we're one of the last in the league in scoring.

And Legwand has always been a good pker don't know why Trotz wouldn't want to play him there.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 11:06 AM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Then you continue to struggle to score.
You are assuming production out of two players that have not justified that assumption to this point, though again, Stalberg's opportunities have been limited.

Regardless, we continue to go 6-3-1 over every 10, I don't give a crap how bad the stats look.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 11:07 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I assume that they can't be worse than Spaling offensively.

BTW, Spaling has looked like trash all season, he hasn't earned ****.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 11:48 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
right now you can't break up the Cullen line; however, I do think longer-term GB doesn't belong there - both FF and VS (plus Beck) all seem like better top 6ers.

the 3rd line is the puzzler; Nystrom has played well for sure, but he's a 4th line guy that can fill in, not a skilled guy. Is he skating there cause FF is THAT bad defensively? If so, that's where GB belongs and VS should get on the Cullen line.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 11:48 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
You are assuming production out of two players that have not justified that assumption to this point, though again, Stalberg's opportunities have been limited.

Regardless, we continue to go 6-3-1 over every 10, I don't give a crap how bad the stats look.
Neither have had many opportunities thus far Stalberg has been stuck with Hendricks and Forsberg has been stuck with Nystrom. Why not try them together? When after 11 games you are in the bottom 6 in Goals for, something needs to be changed up. If you are so against changing the top 2 lines due to chemistry, then change the other 2.

Bouque-Cullen-Smith
Wilson-Fisher-Hornqvist
Forsberg-Legwand-Stalberg
Clune-Gaustad-Nystrom

I prefer Clune over Hendricks because at least Clune has become a pest that just ticks off the other team. Hendricks, I don't even notice him until he takes a delay of game or hooking penalty. Give this a shot for 3 or 4 games and see if this gets anything going. If not change it up again.

Preds33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 12:44 PM
Persona5

After watching every game so far this season and how our players are playing this is how I would line up our forwards.

Wilson-Fisher-Hornqvist
Stalberg-Cullen-Smith
Bourque-Legwand-Nystrom
Spaling-Gaustad-Hendricks

Scratch Clune or Spaling depending on needs for the game and send Forsberg to the AHL to get some ice time and to work on gaining some mass.

The Wilson-Fisher-Hornqvist line has looked good all season when they are healthy. They are playing against tops lines and still producing some points here and there. Fisher drives the line along with Hornqvist shooting everything that touches his stick on net. Once Wilson really gets going this line could really take off.

The Bourque-Cullen-Smith has been our best line this season. The thing is Bourque really hasn't played that well on it imo. I would put Stalberg alongside the Cullen/Smith show and see how that speed works alongside two other players with speed. I really think the line could use the big body as well.

The Forsberg-Legwand-Nystrom line hasn't really done all that much. I really think Forsberg needs some time to develop physically and last season Bourque played really well with Legwand putting up a career high in goals. Nystrom would be a solid winger for them and a big body on that line along with the fact that he and Legwand have looked good together.

The 4th line is what it is. A solid mix of role players who can grind it out. Spaling played his best hockey this season in that role with Goose and Hendricks. They actually looked like a really good 4th line together. Would love to see them back together.

Persona5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona5 View Post
After watching every game so far this season and how our players are playing this is how I would line up our forwards.

Wilson-Fisher-Hornqvist
Stalberg-Cullen-Smith
Bourque-Legwand-Nystrom
Spaling-Gaustad-Hendricks

Scratch Clune or Spaling depending on needs for the game and send Forsberg to the AHL to get some ice time and to work on gaining some mass.

The Wilson-Fisher-Hornqvist line has looked good all season when they are healthy. They are playing against tops lines and still producing some points here and there. Fisher drives the line along with Hornqvist shooting everything that touches his stick on net. Once Wilson really gets going this line could really take off.

The Bourque-Cullen-Smith has been our best line this season. The thing is Bourque really hasn't played that well on it imo. I would put Stalberg alongside the Cullen/Smith show and see how that speed works alongside two other players with speed. I really think the line could use the big body as well.

The Forsberg-Legwand-Nystrom line hasn't really done all that much. I really think Forsberg needs some time to develop physically and last season Bourque played really well with Legwand putting up a career high in goals. Nystrom would be a solid winger for them and a big body on that line along with the fact that he and Legwand have looked good together.

The 4th line is what it is. A solid mix of role players who can grind it out. Spaling played his best hockey this season in that role with Goose and Hendricks. They actually looked like a really good 4th line together. Would love to see them back together.
I think I still want to see Forsberg get some more games in before making that kind of decision on him (up til game 20 maybe?), but I am otherwise in agreement with you. Clune will mix in on the 4th as well, and Spaling will occasionally push up in the lineup depending on the circumstances.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote