HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thu., Oct. 24, 2013|Rangers 1 at Flyers 2

Old
10-25-2013, 04:39 PM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

vCash: 500
good to see coburn hit the net and have an overall decent game on offense. he and grossmann were awful in their own end though. they were matched up against richards all night and really struggled.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 05:18 PM
WACCAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFlying View Post
good to see coburn hit the net and have an overall decent game on offense. he and grossmann were awful in their own end though. they were matched up against richards all night and really struggled.
It's funny...I watched the Rangers stream last night and their announcers mentioned at least a few times that job Coburn and Grossman were doing a great job at shutting down their top line.

WACCAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Random Forest
aka hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WACCAttack View Post
It's funny...I watched the Rangers stream last night and their announcers mentioned at least a few times that job Coburn and Grossman were doing a great job at shutting down their top line.
If there's one thing I've taken from the Flyers this season, it's how subjective judgments can be.

I've thought Coburn has been pretty good thus far. I also think Couturier has been crap. I don't think Giroux has been terrible, just gripping the stick too tight. Streit has been really solid as well.

And there are people who would literally disagree with all those assessments. People can watch the same thing and make wildly different conclusions.

As far as Coburn, I've been pleased with his play. For 4.5m, he's doing exactly what should be expected.

Random Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 05:28 PM
Striiker
I hate zebras

Quote:
Originally Posted by WACCAttack View Post
Well the only goal that line scored was the one Coburn kicked in.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 05:30 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
If there's one thing I've taken from the Flyers this season, it's how subjective judgments can be.

I've thought Coburn has been pretty good thus far. I also think Couturier has been crap. I don't think Giroux has been terrible, just gripping the stick too tight. Streit has been really solid as well.

And there are people who would literally disagree with all those assessments. People can watch the same thing and make wildly different conclusions.

As far as Coburn, I've been pleased with his play. For 4.5m, he's doing exactly what should be expected.
You have to consider the source. There are people on here, myself included I'm sure, who see things very differently than others. Coburn can do no right in the eyes of many, while other players can do no wrong. Excuses get made for player A but not player B. Of that we are all guilty.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 06:22 PM
SgtJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Emperor View Post
As much as I hate to add into the conversation as a pessimist, but I can't see this team improving that much on offense until the house is cleaned. The stink of Lavy's system and coaching is still all over the place. The passing, which quite frankly has always been all over the place is still one of the biggest issues. Unless Berube isn't practicing how to make passes, I can only assume that old habits die hard and this habit is being harder than ever.

2006-07 was one of the best things that happened to players like Mike Richards because they had season to work on their game without pressure. I know I'm beating a dead horse in these boards, but Homer needs to be fired and either Hextall moved into GM role or get someone from the outside. Let them blow up the team enough to make a statement without removing the future core.

The biggest fear I have as a fan is that they begin to score goals again towards the holidays and win enough games getting them back on track, go on the Olympic break and come back and suck again, just in time for Homer to make desperate trades at the deadline.
Respectfully i just do not quite get the " stink of lavy's system ". If i am not mistaken under Lavy's stinky system our club went to a Stanley cup final, and was near the top of the league in scoring a few times etc ? . Now if you want to say his system no longer seems to have worked with the personnel we have i will meet you half way on that.Bottom line with me is i see our club failing to score on many great chances in front of the net for all kinds of crazy reasons, hopefully the lads can get it going soon.

SgtJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 06:55 PM
jd2210
Registered Non User

I haven't bashed Coburn once until this season, but lets be honest here guys: he has been largely garbage. Look at virtually every goal against this year and see who blew their assignment. This last game and maybe one or two others he has been OK, but overall he is the guy I have been most disappointed with all year. And that is saying something when goaltenders are outscoring your captain.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 03:21 AM
Ryker

I'm usually very critical of Coburn myself, but I thought he had an excellent game against the Rangers last night. And I don't just mean the goal, overall I thought he played well both in his own end and offense.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote