HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT - Futureshop, Trustworthy or Complete BS

Old
12-06-2006, 02:15 PM
Kafka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Funny, I was just at Futureshop and got pissed off with their service so I went accross the street to Best Buy instead. Yeah it's the same company in the end but at least this dude didn't get my commisson. He asks me if I need help and I answer in english, but he continues in french. Okay fine whatever, I speak to him in french but then he gives me lip because I'm throwing in english words. Sorry man, I don't know the french terms for technical terms...But I'm pretty sure "A/V Cables" is easy enough for him to understand!

He then says that he can't help me because I don't know the proper name for what I'm looking for! What a jackass! I left immediately.
I'm sometimes hard with you, but I admit you are right on this one. He should have serve you in english.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 02:38 PM
BORAT

Bought a Macbook Pro at Bestbuy this summer, got their '' insurance ''

They replaced it 7 times

And it was for the stupidest reasons I was bringing it back ...

Bestbuy = NUMBER 1

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 04:12 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

GAH!!!

I just went back to Futureshop (I returned what I bought from Bestbuy because it wasn't exactly what I needed) since they had something for cheaper than Bestbuy. Unfortunately, I had to ask for help because the item wasn't on the floor. A salesperson was serving me and he suddenly says to hold on, and goes to help someone pay for something so he could get the comission! He was in the middle of dealing with me and he went to someone else! I got fed up and left. I'm not going back to that Futureshop ever again. From now on it's the Cote Vertu one, which is known to be the best in Canada (seriously!).

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Marché Centrale.
wow what was the guy name (i work there) if you dont know which department ??
because everybody i know there speak perfect english !

Jeffrey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 04:32 PM
swiftwin
#lalala

I always get the warranty. it saved my *** so many times its not even funny.

This one time I bought a 128mb MP3 player for 150$. 2 years later, it broke, bought it back to futureshop, without the recipt, and in return, got a 512mb with more features (like radio and microphone).

When I got home, that 512mb didnt work either, so I went back the next day. Noticed a 4gb ipod mini on sale for 220$. So I shelled the extra 70$, and they gave me the ipod mini!

Ive had similar stuff happen to be over and over. Like my mouse, it used to be an MX700, it broke, and got a G7 instead for like 20$.

swiftwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 04:39 PM
Pascal

I've bought from FS for a while and I've always liked them. They ship very fast when buying online as well.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 05:04 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
wow what was the guy name (i work there) if you dont know which department ??
because everybody i know there speak perfect english !
First Guy: Older white man, white hair, balding, in the TV section

Second Guy: Medium aged, working in the DVD/VCR department, dark hair, looked Morrocan or maybe Arab

Get them *****es fired!

Old
12-06-2006, 05:17 PM
Astaroth

Quote:
GAH!!!

I just went back to Futureshop (I returned what I bought from Bestbuy because it wasn't exactly what I needed) since they had something for cheaper than Bestbuy. Unfortunately, I had to ask for help because the item wasn't on the floor. A salesperson was serving me and he suddenly says to hold on, and goes to help someone pay for something so he could get the comission! He was in the middle of dealing with me and he went to someone else! I got fed up and left. I'm not going back to that Futureshop ever again. From now on it's the Cote Vertu one, which is known to be the best in Canada (seriously!).
There's a futureshop on cote vertu? Where? In the Place Vertu?

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 05:22 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
There's a futureshop on cote vertu? Where? In the Place Vertu?
Close by, on the other side, where the Guzzo is but one block west from there. I think it used to be a Toys R Us.

Old
12-06-2006, 05:51 PM
terreur

Quote:
GAH!!!

Seriously i've been there a few times and the service is better than the one in Pointe-Claire.

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 05:54 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by terreur View Post
Seriously i've been there a few times and the service is better than the one in Pointe-Claire.
It's actually won awards as being the best in all of Canada, concecutive years.

Old
12-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
GAH!!!

Oh damn, now I'll have waffledave in my neighborhood, maybe even in the same vicinity . But yes, that Futureshop is good and most of the businesses around it also, never had any problems there and I go there often.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post
Hi. I know this is off topic but I'd like only people from Quebec to answer this. (That's why it's in the habs section and also because I value the opinions of habs fans more because they'll probably know what I'm talking about)
Why do you assume only people from Quebec post here?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Why do you assume only people from Quebec post here?
I think he just assumed there we're Quebec posters here.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 07:20 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
Everywhere in Canada? I agree. But it won't happen.
in Quebec.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Penalty Killer

1. My first PC gave out with 1 month left of the extended warrenty (I was young and had little line of credit at the time, but I now know you never buy a PC from FS, or any other box store). They replaced the motherboard and hard drive, no charge, with better parts than were in there to begin with. I ended up getting a new PC a few months later, but it worked as my mom's PC for a couple more years.

2. The CD-Rom from the same PC went on me in the first year. Replaced with a faster one.

3. My first scanner died after 8 months. It was replaced for free with a better one (which just died on me after almost 8 years).

4. I had a mail-in rebate that I was not getting back. After 8 months, I complained and because I had a friend working there backing me up, they actually paid me cash at the store. 3 months later I got a check in the mail (bonus!).

All this happened about 7-10 years ago. I never buy the extended warrenty anymore, as I think it has become more of a scam these days, and in fact, I don't buy too much from FS except for DVDs, video games, etc. anymore.

Edit: I'm in Alberta, by the way.

Penalty Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 01:01 PM
Kostitsyn404*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamon View Post
1. My first PC gave out with 1 month left of the extended warrenty (I was young and had little line of credit at the time, but I now know you never buy a PC from FS, or any other box store). They replaced the motherboard and hard drive, no charge, with better parts than were in there to begin with. I ended up getting a new PC a few months later, but it worked as my mom's PC for a couple more years.

2. The CD-Rom from the same PC went on me in the first year. Replaced with a faster one.

3. My first scanner died after 8 months. It was replaced for free with a better one (which just died on me after almost 8 years).

4. I had a mail-in rebate that I was not getting back. After 8 months, I complained and because I had a friend working there backing me up, they actually paid me cash at the store. 3 months later I got a check in the mail (bonus!).

All this happened about 7-10 years ago. I never buy the extended warrenty anymore, as I think it has become more of a scam these days, and in fact, I don't buy too much from FS except for DVDs, video games, etc. anymore.

Edit: I'm in Alberta, by the way.
Sounds like FS in Alberta is just as bad as in Pointe-Claire, Quebec.

Buying a comp at FS is the worst place u can possibly go.

If the price of their cheap eMachine box is good guess why.

Onboard: Sound(save50+)/Video(saves them like 3-4hundred)/Lan(save 20+)

Their cases are generic with generic powersupply + eMachines logo put on it.

The monitors are generic crap.

The processors... mostly celeron

Combined actual value from a Non-retail computer store. (I.e. futureshops supplier)

Boxed and all: 349$ max. Price at FS: 799$+ Price you could've built it for just getting the same parts at microbytes? probably roughly 4-5hundred.

Price you would pay if you were me? 799-1000$ for something 10x better that can handle games etc.

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote