HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

MTL/EDM Proposal

Old
12-11-2006, 12:13 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Apparently, Lowe has already talked to Gainey about Souray, but the deal died because Lowe wasn't going to give up Stoll for him.

I don't have a link because I honestly can't remember where I read it.

Either way, Gainey doesn't want to trade him for anyhting less than a #2 center, and Lowe isn't interested in trading core players for UFAs. Maybe people can keep that in mind when making proposals.

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 01:14 PM
Mad Habber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Apparently, Lowe has already talked to Gainey about Souray, but the deal died because Lowe wasn't going to give up Stoll for him.

I don't have a link because I honestly can't remember where I read it.

Either way, Gainey doesn't want to trade him for anyhting less than a #2 center, and Lowe isn't interested in trading core players for UFAs. Maybe people can keep that in mind when making proposals.
Well this goes with what Blind Guardian said. We need a return that will help us now. Not next year or the year after. That's why prospects would only be thrown in irregardless of who they are.

As far the Ryder/Torres comparison goes. Well a couple of things strike me here. Funny how the +/- minus stats are only valuble it it helps you prove your point, but if the numbers were reverse then they discounted as flawed and meaningless. Also when someone calls Ryder "soft as silk", it just goes to show that this person does not watch any Hab games. Ryder is not soft. He won't change the outcome of a game with his hits, but he does hit. (More than last year, his back was out last year). Defensively, he also plays the PK with Koivu on the second best PK in the league this year.

Neither Torres and Ryder play the same game. When chosing between the two, you have to look at your team overall needs. If goals are hard to come by for your team, you go with Ryder. If you're looking for a guy to create space and still provide decent offence, Torres is your better option.

As a Hab fan, I think the Habs are better off with Ryder. Need that shot.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote