HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #8: Vancouver Canucks @ St. Louis Blues (25/10/13, 7:00PM)

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2013, 09:56 PM
OCTA8ON*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
God help this team if the Backes line falls out of its groove. The Blues are a one-line team these days.
What?! That's excessive pessimism and simply not true. Stewart was all over the ice today and even prevented a goal. In my opinion, he played just as well as Sobotka did…both of whom are NOT on the top line.

Old
ejoshie

Trade Perron ....

That will solve all of the Blues problems, he does not fit this club.

Yea Stewart flubs a sure goal.

Pang told us all night how great Stewart was. PR sell job

Old
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

I'm not sure what to think when Sobotka is our best forward of the night.

Old
10-25-2013, 09:57 PM
OCTA8ON*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
I'm not sure what to think when Sobotka is our best forward of the night.
Stewart was up there. Don't ignore that.

Old
10-25-2013, 09:58 PM
PitchDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
I strongly discourage that.
and good job mods. I never update my browser a lot at the end of games (apparently) like I randomly did tonight and was surprised by the few things I did see. Which were very quickly removed. I imagine it gets a lot lot worse.

So tip of the cap to you. I know I'm not above getting aggravated by others despite my knowing better, so glad this site does what they can to clean it up and keep things civil. to bad its necessary

Old
10-25-2013, 10:00 PM
91reasonsYouLose
NHL refs are morons

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman11 View Post
No excuse, if they don't get the gift 5 on 3 they probably don't get the one at the beginning of the third.

They didn't deserve a win, and were lucky to get one point.
Sad but true.

Old
10-25-2013, 10:08 PM
PitchDoug

disagree with all of the penalty talk. on each side. Im putting this game to bed. Tomorrows another. LGB

Old
10-25-2013, 10:12 PM
Shinkaruk

Hey guys, it was a good game. Impressed with quite a few guys on your team, man is Steen a threat every time he has that puck. Got a good team over there.

Old
10-25-2013, 10:16 PM
TheLastSedin

Love watching how we match up against gritty teams like the blues. Sadly, a rough way for the game to end and believe us when we say that the refs haven't been kind to us this year. Our homer announcers won't stop telling us about how we average the least amount of pp in the league. Good luck in the west hope to see you guys in the playoffs.

Old
10-25-2013, 10:33 PM
Steve Doan
RIP Oscar

Met Tony Cruz at the game tonight, I think I'm the only one who noticed him too.

Old
10-25-2013, 10:37 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Watched the 2nd and 3rd at a bar in Nashville and it was 95% Blues fans. Some people even got a "let's go Blues" chant. It was pretty funny. I wish we could've pulled it out, but we didn't deserve the win. No idea how Kassian got a charging call. Looked like he glided into PRV and stayed on his feet. The puck was right there too. We got very fortunate with that call.

Old
10-25-2013, 10:50 PM
DoubleK81

Mike Napoli of the Red Sox was in attendance tonight

Old
10-25-2013, 11:09 PM
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitchDoug View Post
So am I supposed to storm the shores of other teams' GDTs when the Blues win? Hmm. We had one nice Vancouver fella in here earlier at least.
I'm a lady, if you were referring to me.

Old
10-25-2013, 11:49 PM
ProstheticConscience
Bopping along

Hey guys, coming in peace. GG tonight.

--Sobotka was very impressive, although I kept thinking about second season of The Wire when he was called.

--Berglund I thought was very dangerous as well.

--Bouwmeester looks different these days. Amazing how being on a team that doesn't suck improves your play.

--Our pbp guys kept calling Ryan Reeves "Bryant". Kept waiting to see a vastly overweight, ugly white guy try to score baskets out there.

--Stewart was a force for you guys.

--No idea why either formal fight happened.

Laters.

Old
10-25-2013, 11:50 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
Whatever. Berglund was terrible in that OT, giving up the icing when he had plenty of time to pick the better pass, not closing the gap on Sedin on the entry and then taking the (admittedly soft) penalty. Not the best way to end up, but no wonder they were frustrated from that crap performance tonight. They had better get the finger out for Nashville tomorrow.
QFA re: Berglund. He also lost the offensive zone faceoff which started the whole sequence.

Talk about pissing away two points the last two games.

Old
10-26-2013, 12:10 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTA8ON View Post
What?! That's excessive pessimism and simply not true. Stewart was all over the ice today and even prevented a goal. In my opinion, he played just as well as Sobotka did…both of whom are NOT on the top line.
It doesn't mean there aren't individual players on other lines doing well like Sobotka and Schwartz particularly (no, Stewart is not doing well, sorry, he's tangential to the team's 5-1-2 record). Roy, for example, was paying homage to his complete disappearance for the Canucks in last year's playoffs. Morrow is very meh.

Anyhow, I'm not the only one who thinks the 2d and 3d lines AS LINES are not working. Look at the percentage of the points being scored by that top line. The top line carried the team to its 5-1-2 start. It doesn't mean everyone else is terrible individually, it just means they aren't getting it done as lines. So if the Backes line stops producing, yes, the team is in trouble at the rate the other lines are producing.

Old
10-26-2013, 12:17 AM
Bluesman91

i keep seeing stuff like Berglund has looked good. No, his linemates have looked good while he's botched so many chances. This was seriously an embarrassing game to lose. While the Blues have looked decent in some games, we really need everyone to start stepping their game up because I know there can be much more out of this team than what we are seeing.

Old
10-26-2013, 01:03 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

smh, losing in OT to the tired Canucks at home after a week off? Way to go Berglund on taking a penalty with less then a minute to go in OT. Yeah that trip to south carolina sure helped.

Old
10-26-2013, 01:43 AM
thegutter

im suprised the canucks won this game, i thought the blues dominated puck possession and had great passing all game. Canucks just capitalized when they had too, even though they were out played defensively all game.

Old
10-26-2013, 03:01 AM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
It doesn't mean there aren't individual players on other lines doing well like Sobotka and Schwartz particularly (no, Stewart is not doing well, sorry, he's tangential to the team's 5-1-2 record). Roy, for example, was paying homage to his complete disappearance for the Canucks in last year's playoffs. Morrow is very meh.

Anyhow, I'm not the only one who thinks the 2d and 3d lines AS LINES are not working. Look at the percentage of the points being scored by that top line. The top line carried the team to its 5-1-2 start. It doesn't mean everyone else is terrible individually, it just means they aren't getting it done as lines. So if the Backes line stops producing, yes, the team is in trouble at the rate the other lines are producing.
What has Schwartz done in the past few games? He has cooled off.

Old
10-26-2013, 05:36 AM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 130
It's getting to the point that just playing well isn't good enough. The 2nd and 3rd lines have to start producing.

Old
10-26-2013, 07:48 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
P9's knock against Stewart is consistency, and it's a valid one.

I thought Stewart played well enough this game, but that doesn't mean there's not a counter-point to be made with the bigger picture in mind.
I would agree. If you notice on the sequence in which Sobotka scored, then you would see the goalie had trouble following the puck with Stewart screening him. He played one of the better games of the Blues players. I think JBo, Schwartz, Morrow, and Berglund didn't have their best games. Just a bit rusty from the layoff. Give the Canucks credit for having a good conservative game plan too.

Old
10-26-2013, 07:54 AM
STL BLUES

If you're looking for a lot of goals from this team, you may be disappointed. One goal games are going to continue to be the norm. The Blues are built around a defensive mindset and that's OK.

Once they get their timing down and their passes are tape to tape as we saw shades of last night they will deliver the wins. In the NHL passes that are off by a foot make all the difference. Player were also at times out of position.

It amazes me how a week off changes the dynamics of a team. All this is correctable by Hitch and his staff.

Old
10-26-2013, 09:57 AM
Boombox Generation
Vlad the Scorer

Was at the game last night and the Blues just looked sluggish.

I didn't see the Berglund hook from where I was sitting so I don't know how good or bad the call was.

The Blues just looked like a team that hadn't played in seven days, which I figured would happen. I'm not too concerned. I expect a better result tonight.

Old
10-26-2013, 10:26 AM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

Surprised they broke up the Schwartz - Berglund - Tarasenko line. At least from what I could tell last night watching 10 minutes worth. It's still early in the season and that line looked good every time I've watched the Blues this year. Surprised it wasn't made into the 2nd line / given more ice. Hitch being Hitch I guess.

Closed Thread