HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2013, 06:18 PM
Riggins

vCash: 500
Some of you are way too far up Timmins' butt. Can't even take some questions about McCarron's slow start offensively without flying off the handle.

Old
10-25-2013, 06:21 PM
Riggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
Not every solid NHL point producer was a junior point producing standout.
I'm not saying McCarron won't produce in the NHL based on the first 10 OHL games... but if players aren't point producers in juniors they don't all of a sudden become scorers in the NHL. Name me some of examples of it happening.

Old
10-25-2013, 06:35 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count of DannyKristo View Post
Some of you are way too far up Timmins' butt. Can't even take some questions about McCarron's slow start offensively without flying off the handle.
The few slip ups that TT has made don't come anywhere near the amazing finds he's made. Personally, I think TT is almost beyond reproach.

It's obviously still too early but I think these last two drafts will turn this team into a year in year out force for the foreseeable future.

Mac's production in the first 10 games of his junior career mean absolutely nothing. I saw enough of his game and what he's capable of to see this kid's going to be a very very good player. Not much will shake me of that opinion.

Old
10-25-2013, 06:41 PM
KFlint

Anyone saw Connor Crisp play this year? What does he look like? 13 points in 11 games so far, guess not many here such a start...

Old
10-25-2013, 07:02 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 50
Nystrom deserves an ELC. Very poised for a 19 year old at the AHL level.

Old
10-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Make it 5 games without a point for McCarron after Erie trounces them 5-1 tonight.

I don't know how some of you aren't at least a bit concerned. His production would be concerning for a 3rd rounder, let alone a 1st.

I wonder if he's still hurting from that shoulder injury he came back really quickly from. That would be a pretty decent reason, but why is he playing if that's the case?

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 10-25-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old
10-25-2013, 09:11 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Make it 5 games without a point for McCarron after Erie trounces them 5-1 tonight.

I don't know how some of you aren't at least a bit concerned. His production would be concerning for a 3rd rounder, let alone a 1st.

I wonder if he's still hurting from that shoulder injury he came back really quickly from. That would be a pretty decent reason, but why is he playing if that's the case?
Calm down.

Tinordi had a tough time adjusting to the OHL in his first year. He took him a couple of month.

Let McCarron a couple of month.

Old
10-25-2013, 09:16 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

Again, if Hunter at the start of the season tells me he'll find his game mid-season...I'm waiting till January. Then, I'll be concerned. But it's impossible that the guy we saw at camp, won't be good in Juniors. Impossible. Plays with a good center in Tierney, don't know MacDonald. But he's not with Domi.....Horvat or even the Rupert brothers. So question is...he's struggling so much that he can,t play with those guys? Or Hunter takes it slow with him and don't overplay him? Surely, it would have looked better to see him rack the stats. Don't worry. But I'm not worried.

But I do know where you are coming from. It is frustrating to see that the only forward who does struggle pointswise out of EVERYBODY in the 1st round (not in the pros like KHL or NHL), and even 2nd round is CLEARLY McCarron. But he is a different beast than anybody else on that list. We took a big risk that we needed to take (even if he wasn't my top 5), because we didn't address it before. Whoever should take that blame should take it.....Last time we drafted a powerforward that succeeds is Pacioretty...and before that we have to go with Shayne Corson. Honestly, that's incredibly pathetic.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 10-25-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Old
10-25-2013, 09:29 PM
25get

So far Grégoire and Crisp are very good surprise.
We need to wait in all cases.

As far as McCarron is concerned, I just hope he can start scoring to play with USA team in WJC.
Anyway he is a long term project: he will spend two years in OHL and probably another one in AHL.

Old
10-25-2013, 09:32 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post
So far Grégoire and Crisp are very good surprise.
We need to wait in all cases.

As far as McCarron is concerned, I just hope he can start scoring to play with USA team in WJC.
Anyway he is a long term project: he will spend two years in OHL and probably another one in AHL.
I would forget team USA. At least, that's the mindset I'm in right now. Not with the season he's having yet...and not on the bigger ice surface. I will be really surprised if he makes it.

Old
10-25-2013, 09:52 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Josiah Didier will be out for 3 weeks with a knew injury.

He was also named tri-captain with David Makowski & Zac Larraza.

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/c...s-tri-captains

Habs Prospects website
Old
10-25-2013, 10:03 PM
HCH

Quote:
I'm not saying McCarron won't produce in the NHL based on the first 10 OHL games... but if players aren't point producers in juniors they don't all of a sudden become scorers in the NHL. Name me some of examples of it happening.
Lucic

Old
10-25-2013, 10:07 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:

If he wasn't so impressive in preseason I'd be worried. I'm more surprised that he isn't putting up points.

Old
10-25-2013, 10:16 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Lucic
Lucic had 68 points in 70 games in his age 18 season.

Old
10-25-2013, 10:48 PM
Locks

Quote:
That's correct but his was not a rookie there - he was in his second full season in the WHL.

Old
10-26-2013, 12:12 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locks View Post
That's correct but his was not a rookie there - he was in his second full season in the WHL.
Your logic is very flawed as you can't compare Lucic as a 17 year old to McCarron as an 18 year old.

That being said, it is ridiculous that people are making a big deal over his first 10 games. We knew he was a project when he was drafted so show some patience and let the kid develop.

Old
10-26-2013, 12:39 AM
ChoseLa

McCarron is **** because he's on a 0.5PPG after his first 10 games in junior?

Last edited by ChoseLa: 10-26-2013 at 12:54 AM.
Old
10-26-2013, 01:27 AM
brec7

How much is McCarron playing? London is loaded this year, is he even seeing that much ice time?

Old
10-26-2013, 01:28 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
He is playing on the third line of a very deep London team.. Im not worried at all and wasnt expecting much regarding pts production at his first season in the OHL..

Old
10-26-2013, 08:12 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
His rookie year he went 9-10-19 in 62 games at 17. At 18 he was on the top line, McCarron is on the 3rd line at times, mostly because London is stacked.

Old
10-26-2013, 08:25 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Your logic is very flawed as you can't compare Lucic as a 17 year old to McCarron as an 18 year old.

That being said, it is ridiculous that people are making a big deal over his first 10 games. We knew he was a project when he was drafted so show some patience and let the kid develop.
I am about as patient as you can be with our prospects around here. I was campaigning for Galchenyuk to spend all of last year in Sarnia and was pretty adamant that Gallagher needed to spend all of last year in Hamilton before the lockout ended. I'm totally fine with the idea of Tinordi and Beaulieu spending the vast majority of this season in the AHL and dominating.

It's nice being patient and all...but at some point there has to be production if he was worthy of being a 1st round pick in a stacked draft. The leeway I'm giving is the possibility he is playing injured with the shoulder injury and it has hurt his game significantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
McCarron is **** because he's on a 0.5PPG after his first 10 games in junior?
Never said he was ****. But there's reason to be concerned by his start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
His rookie year he went 9-10-19 in 62 games at 17. At 18 he was on the top line, McCarron is on the 3rd line at times, mostly because London is stacked.
He's played with Domi in several games. And the 3rd and 4th liners on the Knights are players like Tierney (2nd round NHL pick) or Platzer (4th round NHL pick) or Marner (who looks a future 1st rounder in 2015), so I am not buying that being on the 3rd line means we should not expect him to produce.

Old
10-26-2013, 09:33 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
McCarron had 5 pts in 6 games to start the season.. Not necessarily bad, definitely around the PPG pace we were hoping..

http://www.stthomastimesjournal.com/...through-injury Here's an article where he talks about the injury..

The Montreal Canadiens prospect is currently gritting his teeth and playing hurt while recovering from a first degree separation of the AC (acromioclavicular) joint in his shoulder suffered in the same game at Guelph where Domi was ejected.

“I can’t really play my physical, hit-everybody-you-see style — I’m still tempted but I’m recovering,” the 18-year-old said. “There’s no structural damage so there’s nothing worse that can happen than just doing it again.”

He admitted it still hurts pretty bad when he bumps into opponents with his shoulder. He’s been trying to compensate by doling out punishment on the opposite side, shielding the pain.

“That’s why I haven’t really been able to play my kind of style for 60 minutes,” he said. “It’s starting to get better so I’m starting to use that shoulder a lot more. Right now, I’m just playing through it.”

Since the Guelph game injury.. he's had 1 pt in 7 games. I think the injury is definitely effecting his game.

Old
10-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
McCarron had 5 pts in 6 games to start the season.. Not necessarily bad, definitely around the PPG pace we were hoping..

http://www.stthomastimesjournal.com/...through-injury Here's an article where he talks about the injury..

The Montreal Canadiens prospect is currently gritting his teeth and playing hurt while recovering from a first degree separation of the AC (acromioclavicular) joint in his shoulder suffered in the same game at Guelph where Domi was ejected.

“I can’t really play my physical, hit-everybody-you-see style — I’m still tempted but I’m recovering,” the 18-year-old said. “There’s no structural damage so there’s nothing worse that can happen than just doing it again.”

He admitted it still hurts pretty bad when he bumps into opponents with his shoulder. He’s been trying to compensate by doling out punishment on the opposite side, shielding the pain.

“That’s why I haven’t really been able to play my kind of style for 60 minutes,” he said. “It’s starting to get better so I’m starting to use that shoulder a lot more. Right now, I’m just playing through it.”

Since the Guelph game injury.. he's had 1 pt in 7 games. I think the injury is definitely effecting his game.
But, but, but...we can still be concerned can't we?

Old
10-26-2013, 09:51 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
But, but, but...we can still be concerned can't we?
Sure can. We can believe that we have the McCarron who put up some nice assists and looked good in the pre-season, then went down to London and put up nearly a PPG..

Or can we can believe that we have the McCarron post Guelph that has 1 pt.

Old
10-26-2013, 10:18 AM
Grant McCagg

How many negatories are going to remember his injury at the end of the season if his point totals aren't spectacular? I'm guessing very few. ;-)

Closed Thread