HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sather reached out to UFA Vinny Prospal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-26-2013, 01:38 PM
  #76
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,260
vCash: 500
Not really bad?

Suggest this a month ago and people would be laughing and calling you an idiot.

__________________
Ail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 01:39 PM
  #77
Baby Punisher
Registered User
 
Baby Punisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,606
vCash: 500
Vinny Prospal? It's worse than we thought.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 02:18 PM
  #78
ak10r
HFBoards Sponsor
 
ak10r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fairbanks Alaska
Posts: 849
vCash: 500
Hey he'd bring she color to the team!! Da tan man!!!! I'm in for Feds also......

ak10r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 02:42 PM
  #79
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^
 
Miller Time NYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,803
vCash: 500
By the time he gets equated to the team and gets his feet under him well have hagelin and probably Cali back, hopefully Nash too (I can be optimistic!) and then he'll be fighting for a bottom 6 spot, he's over the hill, his legs are done and he tired out at the end of the season last year, and that was after 42 games....

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 03:12 PM
  #80
SA16
Two by two...
 
SA16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishBullet62 View Post
By the time he gets equated to the team and gets his feet under him well have hagelin and probably Cali back, hopefully Nash too (I can be optimistic!) and then he'll be fighting for a bottom 6 spot, he's over the hill, his legs are done and he tired out at the end of the season last year, and that was after 42 games....
January: 8 games, 2 goals, 1 assist, 3 points
February: 12 games, 4 goals, 3 assists, 7 points
March: 16 games, 4 goals, 7 assists, 11 points
April: 12 games, 2 goals, 7 assists, 9 points

Your statement is false.

SA16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 03:33 PM
  #81
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
How long is this clown going to run this team into the ground?

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 04:16 PM
  #82
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 Chiefs View Post
Sergei Fedorov just un-retired. Let's sign him too.
Beats Fedor Federov or even better, Marcel Hossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
How is it a reclamation project? He had 30 points in 48 games last year.

Can we get Martin Rucinski for a fourth time?
This thread needs more Nedved!!!

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 04:19 PM
  #83
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
I'm on board. He'll put up some points and at least play with passion. Can take the spot of Pyatt/Pouliot/Zuc. I actually like the latter two but clearly it's not working out right now.
Makes you wonder why NYR is paying Pouliot 1.3m and Boyes is making 1m in FLA. I guess Slats just didn't want Snow's sloppy seconds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Give me Pyatt's twin sister over an out of shape Avery.
IDK about that, but supposedly Amanda Kessel's not too bad.
Poor girl, has that same goofy smile.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 04:36 PM
  #84
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Makes you wonder why NYR is paying Pouliot 1.3m and Boyes is making 1m in FLA. I guess Slats just didn't want Snow's sloppy seconds.


IDK about that, but supposedly Amanda Kessel's not too bad.
Poor girl, has that same goofy smile.
Certainly better to look at than Phil, but I'd still take his goal scoring.

Ail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 04:52 PM
  #85
GbgRanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Göteborg/Budapest
Country: Sweden
Posts: 211
vCash: 500
If the rangers are in such a bad position that they are actually thinking of signing a 38 years old VP, then they might as well just tank the whole season

GbgRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 05:05 PM
  #86
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !
 
x BEUKEBOOM x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NY Rangerville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,372
vCash: 500
VP was 12g 18a 30pts in 48 games last year.

not too shabby for a has-been the way some of you guys are talking about him.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 05:28 PM
  #87
cbj21
Registered User
 
cbj21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Shampoo land
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,535
vCash: 500
Not to be a downer but Prospal brings accountability that is sorely missing on the rangers. If any player can turn it around for you it is Prospal.

cbj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 05:29 PM
  #88
mike14
Registered User
 
mike14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 4,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by x BEUKEBOOM x View Post
VP was 12g 18a 30pts in 48 games last year.

not too shabby for a has-been the way some of you guys are talking about him.
I think most people understand Vinny is still an ok player, it's just that signing him doesn't actually help anything. Sure he might ensure that we make the 1st round of the playoffs (and anything can happen!) but looking to the future, it is a nothing move.

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 05:35 PM
  #89
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^
 
Miller Time NYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
January: 8 games, 2 goals, 1 assist, 3 points
February: 12 games, 4 goals, 3 assists, 7 points
March: 16 games, 4 goals, 7 assists, 11 points
April: 12 games, 2 goals, 7 assists, 9 points

Your statement is false.


Thanks for you first hand knowledge from NHL.com now did you watch him play? I'll take that as a no, but stats do tell the whole story right..ok thanks.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 06:06 PM
  #90
SA16
Two by two...
 
SA16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishBullet62 View Post
Thanks for you first hand knowledge from NHL.com now did you watch him play? I'll take that as a no, but stats do tell the whole story right..ok thanks.
So what you are telling me is:

1. You watched all of the Jackets games last year
2. You noticed Prospal didn't look very good at the end of the year
3. In spite of not looking good he was still able to put up around .65-.7 points per game and this is a problem?

SA16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 11:53 AM
  #91
ocarina
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,415
vCash: 500
I don't understand why people are so upset at this. How would adding Prospal hurt at this point? It's not like he completely flamed out last year, and I can't imagine he would cost too much. At least he would bring some accountability to a team that's been inconsistent in the effort department.

And someone mentioned him taking away ice time from Kreider. If Kreider was actually playing well enough, I don't think Sather would have reached out to Prospal in the first place.

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 12:07 PM
  #92
Raspewtin
Early To The Party
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,103
vCash: 643
I still don't understand the insane ******** over possibly signing Prospal.

He's not useless, will be cheap, brings leadership and character this team REALLY needs, and he's a left wing!

What's the ****ing problem?

Raspewtin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 12:07 PM
  #93
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocarina View Post
I don't understand why people are so upset at this. How would adding Prospal hurt at this point? It's not like he completely flamed out last year, and I can't imagine he would cost too much. At least he would bring some accountability to a team that's been inconsistent in the effort department.

And someone mentioned him taking away ice time from Kreider. If Kreider was actually playing well enough, I don't think Sather would have reached out to Prospal in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
I still don't understand the insane ******** over possibly signing Prospal.

He's not useless, will be cheap, brings leadership and character this team REALLY needs, and he's a left wing!

What's the ****ing problem?
It's not about Prospal, it's about the mentality that he represents. I.e., a short term fix based on something familiar. Sather looking for a band-aid instead of addressing the teams real problems with something (or someone) who can be a piece moving forward. The likelihood that Vinny would come in and be a boost for the team is above average, but the likelihood of him being with the team beyond this year is just about zero. That's the kind of thinking that Sather is akin to, and it's why some of us are upset at the idea.

I have nothing but love for Vinny and his tan, but he's a "nice piece" for a cup contender. Not a young team trying to find it's identity.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 12:10 PM
  #94
Riche16
McCready guitar god
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,557
vCash: 500
The problem is, he's old and slow. We have enough slow guys already.

It would be a small band aid on a gaping gunshot wound.

Riche16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 12:26 PM
  #95
Raspewtin
Early To The Party
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,103
vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
It's not about Prospal, it's about the mentality that he represents. I.e., a short term fix based on something familiar. Sather looking for a band-aid instead of addressing the teams real problems with something (or someone) who can be a piece moving forward. The likelihood that Vinny would come in and be a boost for the team is above average, but the likelihood of him being with the team beyond this year is just about zero. That's the kind of thinking that Sather is akin to, and it's why some of us are upset at the idea.

I have nothing but love for Vinny and his tan, but he's a "nice piece" for a cup contender. Not a young team trying to find it's identity.
I mean I guess he's a band aid but it's not like he's Thomas Vanek or a really expensive bandaid. That I would be mad about. He's just a player that could help this team while they are struggling.

Raspewtin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 12:39 PM
  #96
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
I mean I guess he's a band aid but it's not like he's Thomas Vanek or a really expensive bandaid. That I would be mad about. He's just a player that could help this team while they are struggling.
Big bandaid, little bandaid, or Flintstones bandaid, it's all the same. This team has enough leaders that it shouldn't need another to come in and help them get motivated. If they can't do it on their own, then there's a deeper issue with the leadership on this team. All Vinny would do is mask that problem for a period of time before it became apparent once again.

Sather has spent most of the time treating symptoms of the problems he has created. That's just not the way to do things.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 12:57 PM
  #97
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,277
vCash: 500
Just make a video of his goal celebrations and show it on the scoreboard after every goal. If we score any.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 01:00 PM
  #98
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
The problem is, he's old and slow. We have enough slow guys already.

It would be a small band aid on a gaping gunshot wound.
exactly. If Nash is hurt for the long-term, not only is this season jacked, this franchise will be set back three years prior to the signing of Gaborik.

We have currently 1 attempt at a top 3 forward in Richards. Nash is looking like a candidate for the Primieu early retirement fund.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 01:03 PM
  #99
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 57,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I have nothing but love for Vinny and his tan, but he's a "nice piece" for a cup contender. Not a young team trying to find it's identity.
Seemed like he did a good job in helping a young Columbus team with this very issue.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 01:08 PM
  #100
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 Chiefs View Post
Seemed like he did a good job in helping a young Columbus team with this very issue.
so we're the equivalent of the Columbus Blue Jackets now?

wait... they're actually better than us...

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.