HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PowerPlayManager #10 - Basketball starts in 6 months?

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2013, 02:21 PM
camrawrn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
My latest SA8 beast for handball. 1 star across the board. 150 OR. And a 5/6 to boot. Even his name sucks Cory Daugherty.
I got an amazing 147 OR by the name of Christopher Reynolds. Our pulls always seem to be similar in OR...

Old
10-26-2013, 05:05 PM
tescosamoa

I did a bonehead move in football. I grabbed two UFA's but I was looking at the wrong players stats I wanted on the query ... Well lets just say I picked up a huge stupid mistake...

Canuck I am a System Admin.

Last edited by tescosamoa: 10-26-2013 at 05:22 PM. Reason: :)
Old
10-26-2013, 09:22 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
Wow,.... are you EFFing kidding me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!? http://prntscr.com/1zvxyq
Wow. That's nuts. Saturday deadlines often don't end well.

Old
10-27-2013, 07:15 PM
TheWestender

So just joined a couple of days ago due to curiosity/the handy link on page 1. Won my first league game essentially on autopilot after the tutorial, decided to change up my lines for a friendly against a team who have been there from season 7.

It did not go well.

This shall certainly be an interesting challenge...

Old
10-27-2013, 08:38 PM
tescosamoa

Things get worse and worse But somewhere along the lines you get hooked. I will send you some friendlies so you can make some cash. Others here will help out as well.

Old
10-28-2013, 08:38 PM
TheWestender

Quote:
Things get worse and worse But somewhere along the lines you get hooked. I will send you some friendlies so you can make some cash. Others here will help out as well.
Thanks man. My latest league game was a horrid 15-0 defeat so I'll need all the help I can get!!

Old
10-29-2013, 10:47 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWestender View Post
So just joined a couple of days ago due to curiosity/the handy link on page 1. Won my first league game essentially on autopilot after the tutorial, decided to change up my lines for a friendly against a team who have been there from season 7.

It did not go well.

This shall certainly be an interesting challenge...
Welcome! Don't fret, the team you get on day 1 is atrocious. Log in daily and then dip into the market. Play friendlies in the largest rinks you can find; you'll get killed but the money will make you better and fast!

Feel free to ask lots of questions. Despite the rambling on some of us are very guilty of this is a help forum just as much as it is a place to vent about the most recent crap players your directors sent you

Old
10-29-2013, 02:32 PM
kytihu

Elite 8 NC matchup against Mojo will be tough. We're both probably in the top 5-6 teams in the USA right now I'd guess.

Old
10-29-2013, 06:22 PM
tujague

In Handball, I lost one of my big 3 Backs to a long ass injury. 16 days! Still managed to get by Resovia today even though he played it on High. I'm 3 points out of first right now. I don't think I'll be there by the time Rivers gets back. I even considered going out and buying a good young player, but it's so hard to trust my HR's guesstimates on Qs. I'd still like to take the plunge

In soccer, my offense is off. Well, it's exploded a bit in the last two games. But I should be scoring a lot more considering all of the shots my guys are getting off. 45ST 29SW and only 9 goals. That includes a 5 goal outburst last game.

McCready only has 2+1 playing against some of the weaker teams in the league. I don't know what's happened to him. He had a small streak last season where he scored some goals, but he's been at 0.5 gpg outside of that. New guy Dekker has stepped up in the last two games. He's knocked in 4 goals. He's got 120 Shot less than McCready, but has 11ST and only 1 SW. McCready has 7ST and 5SW. Am I doing it wrong?

In hockey, stuff is happening. That's all I was going to write as nothing is really going on. But I do have those two pulls from last week. Turns out the 4 star dman does indeed have a 70Q for his main attribute. Eff me. The guy who is a goalie, but also a better winger, is still training tech because I have no idea what to do with him

Quote:
I did a bonehead move in football. I grabbed two UFA's but I was looking at the wrong players stats I wanted on the query ... Well lets just say I picked up a huge stupid mistake...
More info please

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytihu View Post
Elite 8 NC matchup against Mojo will be tough. We're both probably in the top 5-6 teams in the USA right now I'd guess.
Good luck.

Welcome to the game, Westender

Old
10-29-2013, 08:02 PM
Obryantj

In hockey, I need a point on Wednesday to finish 5th. That would put me up against the High Hitterz in round 1 of the playoffs. Theoretically I'd be before off finishing 6th and playing the STL Saints in the first round.

In handball, I need 23 more points to clinch a playoff spot. Yeah, things are going well there. I've managed to display the patience needed to wait on my SA to finish before looking at last week's players. Construction finishes tonight. Wish me luck!

In soccer, I finished my first training camp. Here's the resulting IGRs for my top lineup (with chemistry ranging from 49 to 100):

G: 40
SD: 41/41
CD: 47/46
SM: 44/41
CM: 47/44
F: 63/62

The biggest news is that Young has passed Bragg in IGR (despite having 17 less chemistry).

There was also a lot of familiar names on the all-USA 1.1 team for match day 2 link

Old
10-30-2013, 09:06 AM
kytihu

I just discovered that if you hover over an attribute on the player's profile, it tells you to the decimal point what that attribute is. You don't have to have that player scouted either.

Old
10-30-2013, 12:13 PM
suprvilce

Second 'choke of the century" for my handball team this month, up 9 goals nearing the end of first period to lose by 1. Again my oponent's timeouts are key to victory yet my timeouts do nothing.

As if that (and 181 OR pull from SA9) isn't enough, despite finishing 2nd in hockey i'll be facing the strongest and the most rested team in the playoffs in round one.

Last edited by suprvilce: 10-30-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old
10-30-2013, 03:38 PM
tescosamoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post

More info please
Full Back (20/401/16/14/21/40/50/190/20 )

33K a day I was looking at 18 UFA's and some how I picked this guy I was seeing additional 1's infront of passing , tech and heading... Paid 461K

So dump him now for 5M or wait the 51 days and put him on the market.... That way this mistake costs me 2M Which at my level is a chunk of change.

Hockey I finished 1 place higher and with 9 more points than last year.

I at least got the one I wanted....

Old
10-30-2013, 11:23 PM
canucks357

Shame 80% of the season is done, but I just pulled a 4.5* 466 OR RW. Perhaps I should sell...? I have a gut feeling he'll be 5/6 in 3 weeks.

Old
10-30-2013, 11:26 PM
tujague

What in the hell is going on? I just pulled another 4 star hockey player. Another dman, obviously. That's 3 in two pulls. I had one in what, seven or eight seasons before this? Maybe only two or three in the last 10. Of course he's only four stars, so he might have 70Q for his defense. Which isn't actually a 4 star player in my book, but whatever.

EDIT: 4 star Dman, my ass. Unscouted, but really? 99D 58/90/68 is not a 4 star player. Hell, it's not even a 3.5 star player. I swear there is something wrong with my hockey academy. I think the last 4-5 players that I pulled rated 4 stars plus have all been majorly flawed. Because if these are 4 & 4.5 star players, then everyone that I bought for my rebuild must have been five star pulls.

Quote:
Full Back (20/401/16/14/21/40/50/190/20 )

33K a day I was looking at 18 UFA's and some how I picked this guy I was seeing additional 1's infront of passing , tech and heading... Paid 461K

So dump him now for 5M or wait the 51 days and put him on the market.... That way this mistake costs me 2M Which at my level is a chunk of change.

Hockey I finished 1 place higher and with 9 more points than last year.

I at least got the one I wanted....
Ouch. I did that with someone I bought... I think it might have been the young forward Korbetsky. It wasn't as bad as your mistake (he was only 15 and is now a good backup), but I was gutted when I realized the mistake I had made at the time. I spent more than I wanted to because I thought he had 100 OR more than he really had(298 vs 398)

And I'm glad I didn't cost you another position in hockey. I've been so blase about my hockey team that not only did I not realize that this was the final game of the season, but I didn't even know I was locked into 7th. I was still hoping I could somehow fall to 8th so I would have a shot against the darn near manager-less Wiggly Pigs.

Last edited by tujague: 10-31-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old
10-31-2013, 08:45 AM
tescosamoa

Thanks Tujague. I was playing my backup team against you. I am in build the stadium mode in hockey. So I have a team of UFA's that I picked up for 200K or 461K that I am riding out for the next few seasons. Just middle of the pack finishes and then I will start to build up facilities and get the youth program / purchases going. I have 90M saved up for the next triple in hockey. My second will be done in 9 days. Hopefully next season I can build 2 at the end as this is so painfully slow to build the infrastructure. Generate the cash first then work on the OTR.

Stuck in the same boat in football as well.

Old
10-31-2013, 09:00 AM
Emerald76

You probably all noticed already, but managed to get some of the soccer positions changed to their more commonly used names.

In hockey, just finished as winner of 1.I and look forward to trying to win the PO, which I haven't done in the last 3 seasons!

Football, have started with a 4-0-0 record, with a big home win against my main rival.
Next 2 games are just as important to stay ahead.

Handball is a mad one - just not felling it I must admit.
I've kinda gone into autopilot with it as I try to generate cash for the infrastructure, which is the main plan for the foreseeable future (If I don't dump the sport altogether).
Been struggling with results lately and am totally baffled by how little match importance actually plays in the game. So, I decided to play Low/Very Low in my last game and hey presto - an 8 goal win for my team!!
Gonna stick with that till the end of the regular season.

Old
10-31-2013, 09:32 AM
canucks357

Started the soccer rebuild like I've done in hockey with the purchase of a 105M 17yo RCB. I was also looking through my team and am quite pleased with the status despite my aging core (hard to replace them when you have a top-4 team in the country). One player new to the bench this year is Kolo Fabri on whom I spent 20k when he was 15. He is now 18 6/6 and 835 OR. I think it makes a HUGE difference buying players early in the season. You can train the low-OR 15 year olds into something respectable by season's end. Should you choose to sell them there is certainly a dollar to be made too.

Old
10-31-2013, 05:35 PM
camrawrn

Somehow made it to the Final Four in the National Cup for handball. Not sure how, I keep forgetting to set tactics... Also still #1 in I.1. Again, not sure how that happened. But I can't complain...

With my stadium about to be maxed out in both soccer and hockey, I finally get to start building my facilities up to 15. It'll be a full year or so until they're done, assuming I have the cash, but I'm looking forward to it so much... I just wanna train prospects at a competitive rate!

Old
11-01-2013, 07:30 AM
tescosamoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by camrawrn View Post
Somehow made it to the Final Four in the National Cup for handball. Not sure how, I keep forgetting to set tactics... Also still #1 in I.1. Again, not sure how that happened. But I can't complain...

With my stadium about to be maxed out in both soccer and hockey, I finally get to start building my facilities up to 15. It'll be a full year or so until they're done, assuming I have the cash, but I'm looking forward to it so much... I just wanna train prospects at a competitive rate!
Go for the NC in handball. Perhaps you can get a double this year ( league and NC ). Perhaps a triple ( league , NC and Playoff's ). These opportunities come once in a bluemoon. The double from II.1 was great last year for me. You have a good bench to use as well in achieving at least a double. Your two wins away from part of that.

Prospects what are those?? I quickly look for 4star or more and then move on. 26 more days and my hockey team is officially 1 year old.
Dec 1st for football.

Funny how things become apart of your life. I have really enjoyed PPM the past year. I do not mind the pace of the game. I like how it takes time to build and I like that the games are set up so that if a RLI or vacation comes up it only affects one or two weeks and just a few games. I will most likely pass on the basketball as I am awaiting baseball. 3 sports is close to the limit of time I can spend on this.

Old
11-01-2013, 08:29 AM
camrawrn

Quote:
Go for the NC in handball. Perhaps you can get a double this year ( league and NC ). Perhaps a triple ( league , NC and Playoff's ). These opportunities come once in a bluemoon. The double from II.1 was great last year for me. You have a good bench to use as well in achieving at least a double. Your two wins away from part of that.

Prospects what are those?? I quickly look for 4star or more and then move on. 26 more days and my hockey team is officially 1 year old.
Dec 1st for football.

Funny how things become apart of your life. I have really enjoyed PPM the past year. I do not mind the pace of the game. I like how it takes time to build and I like that the games are set up so that if a RLI or vacation comes up it only affects one or two weeks and just a few games. I will most likely pass on the basketball as I am awaiting baseball. 3 sports is close to the limit of time I can spend on this.
I think I'll go for it. The NC is definitely winnable, but I worry about the league/playoffs. Teams will start to burn more energy in the regular season to make it into the playoffs, and that'll give me a few losses. Then the playoffs are just a free for all at this point, so who knows what will happen there.

The thing I love about PPM is you can spend five minutes a day, or five hours a day on it, and still get by just fine. I've been super busy this semester, but I still finished 1st in the hockey season, going for 1st in handball, and just recently finished 3rd in soccer, despite only logging on long enough to change tactics most days. It's great.

Old
11-01-2013, 12:59 PM
suprvilce

A surprising first win of the PO against a team that clocked in after calculations at 230 OR (mine 204). Won in the shootout at home, still i don't expect to win the series, but at least i'll get some more extra cash from game #3. Since i play 3 lines (don't have enough good players even for that) i wonder if i should go VL in game 2 to stand a better chance with a bit more energy in game 3. Funny how energy fell from 88 to 85 on first line.

Also broke my 2-game skid in handball and actually moved up one spot in standings - wierd.

Last edited by suprvilce: 11-01-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old
11-02-2013, 09:20 AM
tescosamoa

Latest SA8 pick has some fantastic Q's 11 FIP , 6 Tec, 15 BLK

Enrique Doe. Wow!!! I have no idea how I am in 3rd in I.1 without having any players in the top 22.
Looking over the top teams in I.1 I am last in players over 250+ ( have 0 , 2 teams have 5+ ) 8th in players over 225+( have 4 , 7 teams have 5+ ) and 8th in place with players over 200+ ( have 9 , 7 teams have 10+)

I will keep slipping down the ranks if this does not start to even out. As I am burning energy to keep in the top 6. Mind you I do play my B and C lines so I am building a three line team.

Last edited by tescosamoa: 11-02-2013 at 09:21 AM. Reason: :)
Old
11-02-2013, 09:35 AM
tescosamoa

Bulls is complaining about drafting only one 250+ player with SA8....

what is a 250+ player..... Highest I have ever drafted was 219 and the only other player above 200 was a 214. That's it. Both of them were last season.

Old
11-02-2013, 10:54 AM
camrawrn

Quote:
Bulls is complaining about drafting only one 250+ player with SA8...
Poor guy. It must suck only having five players above 260...

Closed Thread