HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#9 - 10/26/13 | New York Rangers @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:00 PM - MSG, NHL NET

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2013, 07:47 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Well, having Callahan, Nash, and Hagelin out of the line doesn't help the cause, either. Unfortunately, we're missing our big scoring threat.
We have some playmakers, a lot of grinders but our two finishers our out simultaneously. Honestly, I am beginning to regret the Gabroik trade at present, as much as I like Moore.

Old
10-26-2013, 07:48 PM
ColonialsHockey10

vCash: 500
Quote:
At the minimum, this game should show everyone that this team isn't a bad team. Anyone that says that doesn't watch much hockey. They are pretty talented and are just struggling trying to change systems.

Now, I'm not saying they are an elite team or anything like that. But far from a bad team.
I'm not going to agree or disagree with you. But a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile. 2 periods of hockey in an 82 games season is indicative of nothing.

I don't think anyone is denying that they are talented. They are also the stupidest hockey team every assembled.

Old
10-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
We have some playmakers, a lot of grinders but our two finishers our out simultaneously. Honestly, I am beginning to regret the Gabroik trade at present, as much as I like Moore.
I'm not. I do that trade any day of the week.

The only thing I am pissed about is not signing Ryder.

Old
mike14

Quote:
At the minimum, this game should show everyone that this team isn't a bad team. Anyone that says that doesn't watch much hockey. They are pretty talented and are just struggling trying to change systems.

Now, I'm not saying they are an elite team or anything like that. But far from a bad team.
my question is; is the effort we've seen tonight indicative of what we'll see for the rest of the season, or will be revert back to what it was a few games ago?

If they can maintain this type of effort while adding back in the injured players we might be able to build something

Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
I'm not going to agree or disagree with you. But a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile. 2 periods of hockey in an 82 games season is indicative of nothing.

I don't think anyone is denying that they are talented. They are also the stupidest hockey team every assembled.
Oh, so the team has only played well for two periods? Boy, could have fooled me.

Old
10-26-2013, 07:50 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:

When healthy they are a good team. Their depth is pathetic. Your 4th line should be good enough to provide offense like a 3rd line when asked. A 3rd line should good enough to contribute like a 2nd line when asked, etc. etc.

The bottom two lines (outside of the pp goal tonight) are killing this team as they have for years. That's on Sather.

Old
NYRFANMANI
beyond good and evil

Quote:
Man, ugh, if we lose this game it will be a heartbreaker. Outplaying Detroit in every aspect. I wish Talbot had stopped the first goal, but I can't fault a rookie goalie all that much. Howard is just playing out of his mind.
So true ...

Old
NYRangers723

I understand frustration but it pisses me off that people wont at least wait to see the 3rd quarter. this game is still winnable. If you dont think so then you shouldnt watch i guess

Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:

Team could use Greg Carey, or any other player with a willingness to shoot.

2-7 is just unprecedented. I know we were screwed with the schedule but I am beginning to think the coaching chance was premature and ill-advised, as well. They need to turn this around.

Old
10-26-2013, 07:51 PM
SA16
Two by two...

Quote:

What cap space did you want to use to get Ryder though? Remove Pouliot/Zucc and we still need another million or so.

Old
10-26-2013, 07:51 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistachio View Post
To be fair, Zuccarello only made one mistake that they managed to score on. They shouldn't have scored. Pyatt has been taking bad penalties all game.

By en large, the Rangers are playing great hockey. But as with all our good games, mistakes are being brutally punished this season. Every little mistake you make can be a goal against. Just need to stop making stupid mistakes. Why Pyatt would take a penalty like that, out of sheer laziness I assume, is beyond me.
I agree, but one mistake is all it takes. As good as Talbot has been he couldn't stop that one, too bad.
I still think this is the best game they have played since the Kings game. This game is still very winnable

Old
10-26-2013, 07:52 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
I understand frustration but it pisses me off that people wont at least wait to see the 3rd quarter. this game is still winnable. If you dont think so then you shouldnt watch i guess
me 2...but i'll wait for the 3rd period, not 3rd quarter ;-) haha. You are right, this game is winnable!

Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
my question is; is the effort we've seen tonight indicative of what we'll see for the rest of the season, or will be revert back to what it was a few games ago?

If they can maintain this type of effort while adding back in the injured players we might be able to build something
Well, we saw the effort in Philly. We see it tonight. The effort has been there the whole season, frankly. It's the execution that wasn't there.

They look like they are starting to "get it." Less passes to no one, less defensive breakdowns, better play in the offensive zone, etc.

Plus, we are getting goaltending the last two games. Finally. Here's hoping Hank is 100% when he comes back and it continues. You just can't succeed learning a new system and having bad goaltending.

Old
TankLarkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
you just blew your cover.

Old
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Oh, so the team has only played well for two periods? Boy, could have fooled me.
I never said that.

You said that watching this game should prove to someone that they're a good hockey team. You're dictating the length in this discussion.

Old
10-26-2013, 07:53 PM
Maineice11

I really like the way the Rangers are playing tonight. And if they can find a way to win this game by coming back from being down, would be a huge boost of confidence for this team.

Old
10-26-2013, 07:54 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
I never said that.

You said that watching this game should prove to someone that they're a good hockey team. You're dictating the length in this discussion.
You said 2 periods in an 82 game season. So apparently the team played like **** in all of the other periods prior to this, too.

Old
10-26-2013, 07:55 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
I really like the way the Rangers are playing tonight. And if they can find a way to win this game by coming back from being down, would be a huge boost of confidence for this team.
You make too much sense

Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
When healthy they are a good team. Their depth is pathetic. Your 4th line should be good enough to provide offense like a 3rd line when asked. A 3rd line should good enough to contribute like a 2nd line when asked, etc. etc.

The bottom two lines (outside of the pp goal tonight) are killing this team as they have for years. That's on Sather.
I agree. The problem is, with three guys out, our current 4th line is really the 5th line.

Old
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Why the **** couldn't they play like this against those slobs in Jersey and Philly.

10-26-2013, 07:56 PM
NYRangers723

Still plenty of time. Howard has had a great game but he has also been very fortunate. I have a feeling his luck is gonna run out in the 3rd

Old
Maineice11

Here we go! Biggest period of the season (to this point)! Let's get this!!!

Old
High And Wide*
Unregistered User

If we lose today because of Taylor ****ing Pyatt after how well we have played, I may take a long break from Rangers hockey.

Old
10-26-2013, 07:57 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

The didn't generate chances in Philly. Tonight they are because they forechecking more and forcing turnovers..

This team is inconsistent. The team you saw in DC was not team we saw in Jersey. The team we saw in LA was not the team we saw in SJ and Anaheim.

This team has no identity.

Old
10-26-2013, 07:57 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Why the **** couldn't they play like this against those slobs in Jersey and Philly.
I got a chance to watch the Philly game and I thought they played pretty well. I was surprised that Mason was even half decent.

Closed Thread