HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Finally coming to a Bruins game! Few questions...

Old
12-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Kosikarzzz

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kosikarzzz Send a message via Skype™ to Kosikarzzz
Finally coming to a Bruins game! Few questions...

As a die hard Bruins fan stuck here over in Windsor, Ontario. 2 more Bruins fans, a die hard Habs fan (and HF'er on Habs forum) have decided to get off our arses and watch a game live. Its always been one of the things we have wanted to do and we are all looking forward to it.

Unfortunatley, my buddy jumped the gun and bought 2 tickets March 22 Habs vs Bruins (section 13 right against the glass by the blue line) We need 2 more in that area so if anybody can help us out please PLEASE hook us up.

Secondly, none of us have ever been to Boston so if you have any pointers as far as Hotels, restaurants, bars, sights ect ect please enlighten us on where we should go.

If anyone wants to join us please feel free. We are a bunch if guys in our early 30's that love Hockey and will be looking forward to bringing in some life to that sometimes quiet arena! There are a couple very interesting people in this forum and I would love to meet some of you's.

What is up with the 3rd jersey's. No Xlarge jerseys for sale. They all sold out. What a bummer. I want a new one. My Neely jersey is old looking and my autographed Thornton jersey is well...obselete I guess.

Also, I may hava a small coneection to a Bruin player and am going to see if he can get us behind the scene's.

I have always wanted to do this and we are all pumped.

Thanks in advance!

Kosikarzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 11:29 PM
BnGBear1970
YUP!

I plan on making this the second leg of a home-and-home road trip, so as ragged as I'll probably look, I'll join in on any festivities you may have in mind pre-game.

As far as other specifics go, PM me about anything in particular you want to know except for seats. I'm too poor to have good seats.

BnGBear1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 12:44 AM
DFENS44

Here's my thoughts, copied from a previous post of mine, but..

still good advice...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assuming you're staying within REASONABLE cab/trolley/train range you could check out our Cambridge, Harvard, MIT and all that rot.You could even see how we park our cars nowhere NEAR Harvard Yard!

You could probably catch either a BU,Northeastern,or Harvard hockey game in addition to the B's game. Of course you haven't said how long you'll be in town, so who knows how much time you have left to spend.

Sights? The USS Constitution,the New England Aquarium, the Public Gardens, Faneiul Hall (MANY bars here as well),the Museum of Science, a DUCK tour(still,maybe?) and maybe take a tour of Fenway.

For bars,sports or otherwise...starting near the Garden,FOURS is a definite, the Beer Works, the HARP, Hurricane O'Reilly's.Faneiul Hall areaurple Shamrock,Kitty O'Shea's, the Black Rose,Trinity,the Bell in Hand, the Hong Kong(for SCORPION BOWLS, booyah!). Over by Fenway you have the Cask,Avalon,Jake Ivory's(a fun piano bar),Jillian's,Beer Works(again),GAME ON,Copperfield's, Boston Billiard's.
And if you want to try bowling, we have two upscale bar/bowling complexes in KING"S and Jillian's.
The Boylston street area has some good bars, Dick's Last Resort is a trip, Champion's is a solid sports bar.
Restaurants? That's volume two...

DFENS44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 12:56 AM
Doctor Hook

Send a message via AIM to Doctor Hook
Before the game, hit up the bars on Canal Street (puking distance from the Garden). Boston BeerWorks, Fours, and of course, the infamous SULLIVAN'S TAP!

After the game, it'll be a clusterpuck, so wait it out at The Penalty Box (across from the Garden), then hit up Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market for more good times.

Boston is a very walkable city, you can see all the touristy/historical sights without taking a cab or you can take a short T ride anywhere of significance.

Doctor Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 12:56 AM
dead_golem

Send a message via AIM to dead_golem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosikarzzz View Post
As a die hard Bruins fan stuck here over in Windsor, Ontario. 2 more Bruins fans, a die hard Habs fan (and HF'er on Habs forum) have decided to get off our arses and watch a game live. Its always been one of the things we have wanted to do and we are all looking forward to it.

Unfortunatley, my buddy jumped the gun and bought 2 tickets March 22 Habs vs Bruins (section 13 right against the glass by the blue line) We need 2 more in that area so if anybody can help us out please PLEASE hook us up.

Secondly, none of us have ever been to Boston so if you have any pointers as far as Hotels, restaurants, bars, sights ect ect please enlighten us on where we should go.

If anyone wants to join us please feel free. We are a bunch if guys in our early 30's that love Hockey and will be looking forward to bringing in some life to that sometimes quiet arena! There are a couple very interesting people in this forum and I would love to meet some of you's.

What is up with the 3rd jersey's. No Xlarge jerseys for sale. They all sold out. What a bummer. I want a new one. My Neely jersey is old looking and my autographed Thornton jersey is well...obselete I guess.

Also, I may hava a small coneection to a Bruin player and am going to see if he can get us behind the scene's.

I have always wanted to do this and we are all pumped.

Thanks in advance!
If you want to stay right down town, I stayed in the Shawmut Inn which is practically across the street from the garden, and it was a pretty decent place. It was a couple years ago but I think it was around $100 for a suite with kitchenette.

dead_golem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 01:02 AM
Scooter13z

Send a message via AIM to Scooter13z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Hook View Post
Before the game, hit up the bars on Canal Street (puking distance from the Garden). Boston BeerWorks, Fours, and of course, the infamous SULLIVAN'S TAP!

After the game, it'll be a clusterpuck, so wait it out at The Penalty Box (across from the Garden), then hit up Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market for more good times.

Boston is a very walkable city, you can see all the touristy/historical sights without taking a cab or you can take a short T ride anywhere of significance.
You have to go in Sullivan's Tap, even if for just a minute.

Scooter13z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 02:02 AM
Toro

Hi,
Im the hab fan who jumped the gun and bought 2 tickets in row 1 against the glass, cause thats all that was available. Tried for 4 but nope only 2 worked. so now we are looking for 2 more close to row 1 in section 13.

We are planning to stay at Hyatt Harborside at Boston's Logan International Airport
101 Harborside Drive, Boston, MA 02128

2.2 Miles East of Boston

and stay from thursday morning till saturday dinner time. so we will have some time to do stuff around town.

I personally would like to know where the best rock club's are in town. I play in a band and would like to see the places where i could book a future show, and see some good live modern metal(Disturbed, Tool, Korn etc)
also is there a retired aircraft carrier or Battleship to go see?
thx

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 02:06 AM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFENS44 View Post
still good advice...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assuming you're staying within REASONABLE cab/trolley/train range you could check out our Cambridge, Harvard, MIT and all that rot.You could even see how we park our cars nowhere NEAR Harvard Yard!

You could probably catch either a BU,Northeastern,or Harvard hockey game in addition to the B's game. Of course you haven't said how long you'll be in town, so who knows how much time you have left to spend.

Sights? ,the New England Aquarium, the Public Gardens, Faneiul Hall (MANY bars here as well),the Museum of Science, a DUCK tour(still,maybe?) and maybe take a tour of Fenway.

For bars,sports or otherwise...starting near the Garden,FOURS is a definite, the Beer Works, the HARP, Hurricane O'Reilly's.Faneiul Hall areaurple Shamrock,Kitty O'Shea's, the Black Rose,Trinity,the Bell in Hand, the Hong Kong(for SCORPION BOWLS, booyah!). Over by Fenway you have the Cask,Avalon,Jake Ivory's(a fun piano bar),Jillian's,Beer Works(again),GAME ON,Copperfield's, Boston Billiard's.
And if you want to try bowling, we have two upscale bar/bowling complexes in KING"S and Jillian's.
The Boylston street area has some good bars, Dick's Last Resort is a trip, Champion's is a solid sports bar.
Restaurants? That's volume two...
thx what kind of ship is The USS Constitution i don't remember...

Old
12-12-2006, 09:36 AM
PeterTheGr8
SavoringEveryMoment

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFENS44 View Post
Jake Ivory's (a fun piano bar)
That is a contradiction in terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post

I personally would like to know where the best rock club's are in town. I play in a band and would like to see the places where i could book a future show, and see some good live modern metal(Disturbed, Tool, Korn etc)
thx
Most of the great rock clubs in Boston have been swept away by "progress". You could go down to Kenmore Square and see the McDonald's that rests on the site of the Rathskellar (aka The Rat) where young bands like The Police, Pearl Jam and REM played.

Sorry, I'm getting teary-eyed.

Go online to the Boston Phoenix, they have a giant listing of clubs in the area. http://www.thephoenix.com/Listings/S...px?city=Boston.

The USS Constitution is the oldest commissioned warship in the US. it is right by the North End and the Garden which is loaded with early US history and the ghosts of glorious Bruins and Celtics history. it is a bit of a trip but the USS Salem is docked in Quincy, MA. Since you are staying at the airport it might be easy for you though:

The USNSM is home to the USS Salem, the world's only preserved Heavy Cruiser.

From Logan International Airport or Downtown Boston:
The Harbor Express Water Shuttle is an efficient way to reach the museum. The shuttle dock is in the shipyard, at the head of USS Salem's pier! For more schedules and more information, visit their web site or call (617)376-8417.

http://www.uss-salem.org/index.htm

Good luck!

PeterTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 11:43 AM
Doctor Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter13z View Post
You have to go in Sullivan's Tap, even if for just a minute.
60 seconds = 4 shots of Crown Royal

Old
12-12-2006, 11:45 AM
SToMper!

Quote:
60 seconds = 4 shots of Crown Royal
I think I was there during a full moon.....or did I even go in there?

SToMper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Doctor Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
Hi,
Im the hab fan who jumped the gun and bought 2 tickets in row 1 against the glass, cause thats all that was available. Tried for 4 but nope only 2 worked. so now we are looking for 2 more close to row 1 in section 13.

We are planning to stay at Hyatt Harborside at Boston's Logan International Airport
101 Harborside Drive, Boston, MA 02128

2.2 Miles East of Boston

and stay from thursday morning till saturday dinner time. so we will have some time to do stuff around town.

thx
If it's the rock you want, then the rock you get will be had at The Middle East in Cambridge (easy T or cab ride from Boston). They have national and local acts nightly, and the cheap beer and fallafel flow like wine.

www.mideastclub.com

Old
12-12-2006, 11:49 AM
Freedomov76

I will add another vote for SULLIVAN'S TAP. Can't beat the $2 Brubaker pounder.

Freedomov76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 11:54 AM
Doctor Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomov76 View Post
I will add another vote for SULLIVAN'S TAP. Can't beat the $2 Brubaker pounder.
Wow...the Bru...haven't knocked back one of them since college. Good times.

Anyone else actually jealous of this dude experiencing Boston through new eyes? Someday I'd like to do a hockey roadtrip like this, but possibly to a few LNAH tilts...

Old
12-12-2006, 01:53 PM
BnGBear1970
YUP!

Just because I love changing things up...

I mentioned it briefly upthread, but I do plan on going to the Bruins-Canadiens game in Montreal on March 20. I've never been anywhere in Canada, let alone Montreal, so I really don't have much of a clue about what's going on up there. So much like our friends coming to Boston, can anyone guide me to good, inexpensive hotels by the A-10 or at least close to the Bell Centre? Also, I'll probably stay through Wednesday before making my way back down to Boston for the March 22 game, so what should I see in town before heading home? And, of course, where are some good places to celebrate post-Bruins win?

Thanks in advance, guys and gals.

BnGBear1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 04:41 PM
Kosikarzzz

Thanks all for the info. I just bought tickets...Section 13 row 4, seats 7 & 10.

We will be flying in on game day and flying back to Detroit Sataurday afternoon. Although, St Patricks day is March 17th... I hear its pretty fun in Boston around that time. Maybe we will come earlier just for that!

Feel free to join us and I hope Boston kicks Montreals arse so I can do my victory dance and scream at him because I will be 4 row back of te other people coming.

What is the scoope on St. Patricks day around Boston?

Old
12-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Kosikarzzz

Quote:
Wow...the Bru...haven't knocked back one of them since college. Good times.

Anyone else actually jealous of this dude experiencing Boston through new eyes? Someday I'd like to do a hockey roadtrip like this, but possibly to a few LNAH tilts...
Windsor is right next to Detriot and 4/5 hours from Toronto so if you ever feel like a road trip...let me know I will do what ever I can to help.

Next year we have to go to Montreal for our road trip. Promised Toro (HF poster above) that I would.

BnGBear1970...Hopefully I see you then and will let you know details as they come.

Cheers!

Old
12-12-2006, 09:26 PM
Shinny

Hey, hope you have a fun trip (even your Habs fan friends ).

My partying in Boston days are far away in the rear-view mirror, but it was always fun to go to the Irish pubs on or near St. Paddy's Day.

If you like Italian, the North end is a great place to eat dinner. Ray Bourque even owns a restaurant there (Tresca's), that's fairly upscale if you wan't to drop some money. And the bakeries there, particularly Mikes, are yummy.

Shinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Doctor Hook

St Patty's in Boston is fun. Normally I go to the annual Dropkick Murphys show, but I decided to not get tickets this year. Instead I got new elbow pads and shoulder pads. But yeah, the most Irish city in America is the place to be on March 17.

Old
12-13-2006, 05:07 PM
the overrated
wicked overrated

Quote:
One of the best vacations I've ever taken was a "road trip" with some friends, back in 2001. Saw the B's in Montreal on a Tuesday, then Toronto in Buffalo on Wednesday, then was going to go to Ottawa for a game against Calgary on the US Thanksgiving (ended up skipping that game, though) then St Louis versus the Wings in Detroit on Friday, and then finally, the B's versus Toronto in TO. Was supposed to be 5 games in 5 nights in 5 cities ... even with skipping the game in Ottawa, it was undoubtedly the most fun I've ever had on a road trip.

Quote:
I mentioned it briefly upthread, but I do plan on going to the Bruins-Canadiens game in Montreal on March 20. I've never been anywhere in Canada, let alone Montreal, so I really don't have much of a clue about what's going on up there. So much like our friends coming to Boston, can anyone guide me to good, inexpensive hotels by the A-10 or at least close to the Bell Centre?
It's hardly inexpensive, but I normally stay at the Marriott that's right downtown. It's about 1.5 blocks from the Bell, it's about 2 blocks from St Catherine's, and - most importantly - the team stays there, so you end up seeing the players at random times, like in the elevator or down in the restaurant.

the overrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 04:40 AM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overrated View Post
One of the best vacations I've ever taken was a "road trip" with some friends, back in 2001. Saw the B's in Montreal on a Tuesday, then Toronto in Buffalo on Wednesday, then was going to go to Ottawa for a game against Calgary on the US Thanksgiving (ended up skipping that game, though) then St Louis versus the Wings in Detroit on Friday, and then finally, the B's versus Toronto in TO. Was supposed to be 5 games in 5 nights in 5 cities ... even with skipping the game in Ottawa, it was undoubtedly the most fun I've ever had on a road trip.

It's hardly inexpensive, but I normally stay at the Marriott that's right downtown. It's about 1.5 blocks from the Bell, it's about 2 blocks from St Catherine's, and - most importantly - the team stays there, so you end up seeing the players at random times, like in the elevator or down in the restaurant.
what hotel do the canadiens stay at when in Boston? Do most teams stay at a particular hotel? That would be cool to get an autograph or meet a player. We havent booked the hotel yet so..