HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014 NHL Entry Draft Part 1

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2013, 12:24 PM
Mathletic

vCash: 500
Few of kids from the Q making their name Julien Pelletier and Alexandre Goulet. I also liked Karabacek last night for Gatineau.

Old
10-19-2013, 05:08 PM
penaltykiller

I was at the Baie-Comeau-Sherbrooke game with a couple of friends yesterday. We were unanimous on the fact that we liked Alexis Vanier. That huge d-man had 3 points. He was used in all kinds of situations.

Old
10-19-2013, 07:50 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by penaltykiller View Post
I was at the Baie-Comeau-Sherbrooke game with a couple of friends yesterday. We were unanimous on the fact that we liked Alexis Vanier. That huge d-man had 3 points. He was used in all kinds of situations.
What's your take on Meloche?

Old
10-19-2013, 08:24 PM
S Bah

All I want for the Habs 2014 Xmas presents are;
Alex or a Alexis
Anton or a Anton
Brendan or a Brandon
Julius or a Julien
Nick or a Nik
Ryan or a Ryan
Jack or a Jake
Josh or a Josh

and for a little flavor how's about some Sam, Roland, Leon, Ivan, Haydn, or a Connor. That's all I want for my Habs this year and I promise I'll be good if we get 7 of the above.

Old
10-19-2013, 09:11 PM
penaltykiller

What's your take on Meloche?

I am sorry , I did not notice him. Looking back at the scoreboard , he did have 1G , 1A.

Old
10-21-2013, 10:49 AM
S Bah

It's looking like the Habs will be picking in the 20-25 range once more. Therefore they miss the opportunity to choose these players I like;

Leon Draisaitl - LW - WHL
Nick Ritchie - LW - OHL
Connor Bleackley - C/RW - WHL

But the Habs may have a chance to draft;

Nick Schmaltz - RC - USHL*
Jake Virtanen - RW - WHL
Alex Tuch - LW - USHL
Pavel Jenys - LC - Linkoping -SHL
Jakub Vrana - RW/LW - SHL*
Ryan Collins - RD - USHL
Nikolaj Ehlers - LW - QMJHL*
Jack Dougherty - RD - USHL
Sam Neill - RD - QMJHL
Ryan Mantha - RD - USHL
Eric Cornel - RC - OHL
Brandon Robinson - LW - OHL
Jacob Middleton - LD - OHL
Alexis Vanier - LD - QMJHL
Anthony Beaulieu - LD - QMJHL
Alexis Pepin - LW - QMJHL

That's a few good choices along with the sons of former players like Lemieux and Ramsey.

* Possible steals creating a speedy super-talented line for the Habs in 4-5 yrs. or sooner.

Old
10-21-2013, 03:09 PM
Kobe Armstrong

vCash: 300
My favorite player by far in this draft is Draisaitl, however it looks unlikely to draft him. I would then hope to draft a big D man like fleury

Old
10-21-2013, 04:51 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe Armstrong View Post
My favorite player by far in this draft is Draisaitl, however it looks unlikely to draft him. I would then hope to draft a big D man like fleury
Leon Draisaitl -Prince Albert Raiders Asst Captain/LW - 6'1" - 208 lbs. is either highly underrated @ #10 OV for the 2014 draft or this draft has been underrated. IMO Leon's leadership in PAR's success has gone unnoticed, if that's possible. Consistently their best player or one of them each and every game, starting the scoring or getting the tying goals and winning goals or setting them up.

Truly remarkable player in the Mark Messier category as a leader in the WHL and with his size, drive, talent is definitely going early in this draft. Draisaitl and Nick Ritchie are the best LW's available in this draft and will be terrific power forwards in the NHL.

Fleury will most likely be gone right after Ekblad and McKeown in the first 15 picks, so unlikely the Habs get him but Sam Neill might still be available for the Habs pick, depends on whether he's the BPA then.

Old
10-21-2013, 08:40 PM
MXD

Mooseheads fans : Anybody to look at (draft eligible) on the Mooseheads roster (except for Ehlers)?

Old
10-21-2013, 09:59 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Mooseheads fans : Anybody to look at (draft eligible) on the Mooseheads roster (except for Ehlers)?
Timo Meier.

Old
10-21-2013, 11:38 PM
hab 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Timo Meier.
He is a late 1996 (2015 draft eligible)

Old
10-21-2013, 11:47 PM
hab 4ever

I saw Audette play 4 times this year and he has been excellent this season and has made quite the leap. He could be a steal in the second round. He is also much more confident and involved in all 3 zones.

Has 21 points and his team has 42 goals overall (participated in 50 percent of his team's goals).
Has had points in every game but two this season (13/15) despite being the focus of the other team.
Leads Sherbrooke in points by a significant margin.

Old
10-22-2013, 12:01 AM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by hab 4ever View Post
I saw Audette play 4 times this year and he has been excellent this season and has made quite the leap. He could be a steal in the second round. He is also much more confident and involved in all 3 zones.

Has 21 points and his team has 42 goals overall (participated in 50 percent of his team's goals).
Has had points in every game but two this season (13/15) despite being the focus of the other team.
Leads Sherbrooke in points by a significant margin.
As wary as I'd be of drafting him, he's looked pretty darn good. I'm not sure if I see a definite NHL future for him but he's definitely got some high-end skills. Why does he have to be 5'8!?!?!?!

He's always spoken of so negatively. Really rubbed people the wrong way that he was picked 1st overall but really, who cares?

I'd like to see what he can do outside Sherbrooke.

Old
10-22-2013, 12:22 AM
Roz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Danny Moynihan. American forward who joined Halifax as a free agent, was planning to go NCAA D1 but chose to come to the Q when his little brother Connor was drafted this year by the Mooseheads. Had a fairly hot start to the year but has since cooled off a little bit. 2-way guy, pretty fast, shown some playmaking flare. Can dangle.

Ryan Falkenham. Recently had season-ending surgery to repair labral tears and impingements in both his hips but I'd take a late-round flyer on him in a heartbeat. Very responsible defensive forward who is pretty much the definition of "clutch." Almost always on the ice in the dying seconds of a close game and I can't recall when I last saw him make a bad decision. He was the one who fed the puck to Nate for the empty netter in the Memorial Cup. He also did this during a huge OT penalty kill in the Q playoffs. If I recall correctly, it's all from the same shift:

Also, while it may not be important to everyone, he was last season's Scholastic Player of the Year for the Mooseheads. That says a lot about both his smarts and his work ethic (Zach Fucale won it the season before, btw).

Another to keep an eye on is Matt Murphy, who went undrafted last year despite being ranked by CSS. He's a defensive defenseman who's shown an ability to move to puck but has a lot of trouble with consistency - he's got plenty of skill but he needs to get stronger mentally. I think a full year under Dom Ducharme will do him good.

Last edited by Roz: 10-22-2013 at 09:41 AM. Reason: grammar
Old
10-22-2013, 10:43 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
Few of kids from the Q making their name Julien Pelletier and Alexandre Goulet. I also liked Karabacek last night for Gatineau.
Karabacek looked good against Drummondville, it'll be interesting to follow him throughout the season.

Old
10-22-2013, 11:56 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

http://www.theqmjhl.ca/article/cador...he-week/150899

Ehlers named 3rd star of the week in the Q.

Old
10-23-2013, 02:29 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Can we Ekblad, McKeown or Fleury this season?

I like so many of the forwards though.. C or D still going to be the biggest issue going into the first round.

Old
10-23-2013, 03:26 PM
Mrb1p

Drafting a good C should be our priority, unless an high profile D is available.

Old
10-23-2013, 03:59 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Drafting a good C should be our priority, unless an high profile D is available.
Why ? Eller and Galchenyuk have us covered at center in the future. We have a pretty well rounded prospect/young NHLer stable so drafting the BPA that sticks with team values should be the MO, IMO.

Old
10-23-2013, 04:31 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz View Post
Danny Moynihan. American forward who joined Halifax as a free agent, was planning to go NCAA D1 but chose to come to the Q when his little brother Connor was drafted this year by the Mooseheads. Had a fairly hot start to the year but has since cooled off a little bit. 2-way guy, pretty fast, shown some playmaking flare. Can dangle.

Ryan Falkenham. Recently had season-ending surgery to repair labral tears and impingements in both his hips but I'd take a late-round flyer on him in a heartbeat. Very responsible defensive forward who is pretty much the definition of "clutch." Almost always on the ice in the dying seconds of a close game and I can't recall when I last saw him make a bad decision. He was the one who fed the puck to Nate for the empty netter in the Memorial Cup. He also did this during a huge OT penalty kill in the Q playoffs. If I recall correctly, it's all from the same shift:

Also, while it may not be important to everyone, he was last season's Scholastic Player of the Year for the Mooseheads. That says a lot about both his smarts and his work ethic (Zach Fucale won it the season before, btw).

Another to keep an eye on is Matt Murphy, who went undrafted last year despite being ranked by CSS. He's a defensive defenseman who's shown an ability to move to puck but has a lot of trouble with consistency - he's got plenty of skill but he needs to get stronger mentally. I think a full year under Dom Ducharme will do him good.
ughh....

I'll probably be missing the game, and I think it'S the only game the Moose plays in Gatineau

Old
10-25-2013, 08:29 PM
Mathletic

liking what I'm seeing from Vanier tonight. Good in-line speed, closes the gap quickly and not having trouble bobbling the puck in tight space.

Old
10-26-2013, 05:28 PM
Mathletic

Great play by Vanier sneaking in back-door to win the game against CB on a terrific pass from Gamelin. Gamelin is so good as well. Too bad he's so small. That makes it 7 goals for Vanier so far.

Old
10-26-2013, 09:32 PM
JAVO16

Does Vanier compare to Dougie Hamilton in his draft year ?

Old
10-26-2013, 09:46 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
We'll likely need another winger with size in the prospect pool.

Old
10-26-2013, 11:28 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
Does Vanier compare to Dougie Hamilton in his draft year ?
Vanier makes me think he's an Edler kinda guy

Closed Thread