HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT St. Louis Blues @ Nashville Predators

Old
10-26-2013, 09:29 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Do we need anymore proof that Trotz needs to go
Yes, a little proof that it's going to be ANY better under anyone else would be nice.

Now in Philly, who is pretty stacked in offense yet can't score, that's another story.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 09:31 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

I'm as big of a fan as anyone here. I'm just over the same issues and nothing being done to change the real issues.

I don't take joy in us losing...

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 09:31 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Pred View Post
King Hut is no Rinne. Neither is Hellberg. I hope we can make some changes to at least have .500 by the time Pekka comes back.
As of tonight, we are .500 since Rinne went down. Rinne is 4-4-1 .. with this game Hutton drops to 2-1-0. We've had too many lapses tonight. Luckily we have four days off to rest, get some guys healthy, and look at our lines before the next game.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 09:32 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Yes, a little proof that it's going to be ANY better under anyone else would be nice.

Now in Philly, who is pretty stacked in offense yet can't score, that's another story.
Or the Rangers who cannot score.

Old
10-26-2013, 09:33 PM
Russian Pred
ˇNo Pasarán!

This game needs to end. Let's hope Blues fans spend a lot of money at the downtown bars to contribute to our economy.

We should bring Stalberg back. I think he needs to be given another chance to prove himself.

Russian Pred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 09:38 PM
Russian Pred
ˇNo Pasarán!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
As of tonight, we are .500 since Rinne went down. Rinne is 4-4-1 .. with this game Hutton drops to 2-1-0. We've had too many lapses tonight. Luckily we have four days off to rest, get some guys healthy, and look at our lines before the next game.
And..on to Phoenix.

Old
10-26-2013, 09:40 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
This game needs to end. Let's hope Blues fans spend a lot of money at the downtown bars to contribute to our economy.

We should bring Stalberg back. I think he needs to be given another chance to prove himself.
Stalberg is aware of why he sits right now. From my perspective, a lot of it is a result of his floating in the defensive end coupled with his lack of presence in the dirty areas in the offensive end. Hopefully he learns what is expected from his scratching the last two games and comes in with a fire lit under his butt. Forsberg reacted well to his scratch and is playing well. Spaling came in with a chip on his shoulder and is doing what is needed in his limited minutes. Time for Stalberg to do the same.

Old
10-26-2013, 09:43 PM
Russian Pred
ˇNo Pasarán!

Quote:
Stalberg is aware of why he sits right now. From my perspective, a lot of it is a result of his floating in the defensive end coupled with his lack of presence in the dirty areas in the offensive end. Hopefully he learns what is expected from his scratching the last two games and comes in with a fire lit under his butt. Forsberg reacted well to his scratch and is playing well. Spaling came in with a chip on his shoulder and is doing what is needed in his limited minutes. Time for Stalberg to do the same.
Amen. I'm going to be an optimist about Stalberg. We paid a lot of cash for him, he said he wants to be here, he says the right things, he has the skill. I'm going to keep hope alive for this guy. We really need him to step up.

Old
10-26-2013, 09:56 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Amen. I'm going to be an optimist about Stalberg. We paid a lot of cash for him, he said he wants to be here, he says the right things, he has the skill. I'm going to keep hope alive for this guy. We really need him to step up.
I'm actually not worried about Stalberg in the long term. His injury and missing so much of the preseason hurt him in the short term. We need him to learn his defensive role. He cannot float in that end. He needs to learn when to go back and corral a loose puck while the defenders are tied up and when to head into the neutral zone looking for a pass. He finally got his legs moving on the road trip and drew a few penalties but he never got into a good area in the offensive or defensive zones.

Tonight, we left players get time and space in our defensive zone too often. A team like the Blues will kill you if they have time and space to shoot. With two relatively inexperienced goalies, our skaters need to play smart in the defensive zone. They need to stick on their assigned men ... eliminate shooting lanes ... take away passing options. The boys didn't do that tonight and the Blues exploited it. It was painful to watch and the result sucked but there are things to learn from and other areas to build upon. The Cullen line remains dangerous and keeps generating chances. We need the Fisher and Legwand lines to follow suit.

Old
10-26-2013, 09:56 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Quote:
What invincibility of Hutton?

This is his first relatively mortal game. What he's allowed against the Blues in the first 30 minutes is exactly what Rinne allowed in the first ten minutes of game one ... 1 PP goal, 2 ES goals.
Reading Twitter the other night you would believe Mitch Korn could stand a cardboard cutout in net and get a .920 save %. Mitch is one of the best, no doubt, but as another poster pointed out this is a second tier team right now... With Pekka in net. In a good game with anyone else and few breakdowns, they can squeak out some points. Suspect there will be more nights like this than any of us would care for in the meantime.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 10:05 PM
Russian Pred
ˇNo Pasarán!

It's going to be a tough period for us for some time now.

Old
10-26-2013, 10:06 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth5 View Post
Reading Twitter the other night you would believe Mitch Korn could stand a cardboard cutout in net and get a .920 save %. Mitch is one of the best, no doubt, but as another poster pointed out this is a second tier team right now... With Pekka in net. In a good game with anyone else and few breakdowns, they can squeak out some points. Suspect there will be more nights like this than any of us would care for in the meantime.
Even after tonight, Hutton has the highest sv% on the Preds. There are a ton of issues, but, the most glaring are the tendency to take penalties and the defensive lapses. Those areas cost us since game one. The lack of scoring is troublesome but with the instability on our forward lines, it is expected. Stalberg's injury was costly. Fisher out cost us. We need to take the next four days and work on our forward lines ... develop some chemistry ... match skill sets so the lines execute in game situations. Right now only the Cullen line looks dangerous game after game and that is with Bourque looking like he carries a rattler to remain snakebit.

12 games in. 6 ROW, 5 regulation losses, 1 OT win. Not stellar, but in contention so far.

Old
10-26-2013, 10:08 PM
hockey diva

I paid $15 to park to watch the team crap all over the ice.

Sorry. I will never do a GDT for a blues game again.

Going to the negativity thread now...

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Russian Pred
ˇNo Pasarán!

What is up with Bourque anyway. He needs some voodoo magic or something.

Old
10-26-2013, 10:09 PM
adsfan

I am glad that Hellberg had a chance to play tonight. I am sad that the chance came because the game was already decided. St. Louis has been a problem for the Preds for the last few years. The Blues are a step up the ladder from the Preds, again.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 10:10 PM
taylord22

Hey guys, Blues fan who has nothing but respect for the Nashville organization and fanbase (...and city).

I had my eye on Jones the first game of the year and felt like he had a good game on the offensive side of the puck and a subpar game defensively. Tonight, he looked like a completely different animal. I expected it to take 40+ games for him to get going defensively, but he gave the Backes line more fits than any other defensive pair this year.

I'm sure it doesn't help the sting any, but you've got a real good one there.

taylord22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 10:11 PM
Russian Pred
ˇNo Pasarán!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
I paid $15 to park to watch the team crap all over the ice.

Sorry. I will never do a GDT for a blues game again.

Going to the negativity thread now...
I'm sure we all know it had nothing to do with you.

Old
10-26-2013, 10:12 PM
Russian Pred
ˇNo Pasarán!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
I am glad that Hellberg had a chance to play tonight. I am sad that the chance came because the game was already decided. St. Louis has been a problem for the Preds for the last few years. The Blues are a step up the ladder from the Preds, again.
I wonder who will start next game?

Old
10-26-2013, 10:12 PM
Fred Murtz

Nick Spaling wrister SHG 3-1

Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 10:18 PM
hockey diva

This team looked like garbage tonight and there is no way to sugar coat it. This roster is not good enough to compete in the West.

Last edited by TMI: 10-26-2013 at 10:32 PM. Reason: qdp
hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 10:19 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Watching St Louis's guys snipe corners all night reminds me how awful our forwards are.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 10:50 PM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
This team looked like garbage tonight and there is no way to sugar coat it. This roster is not good enough to compete in the West.
the West of the NHL, AHL, ECHL, nor Hockey East.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 11:20 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

vCash: 380
Coming in peace.

Obviously you guys were short handed as would any team that was missing a top 3 goalie in the NHL. Don't think at all the score is indicative of the team you guys have.

Seth Jones is very very impressive.

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 07:41 AM
doug88

I don't like the idea of benching Stalberg, hope he gets to play against the 'yotes..

doug88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 09:28 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

The Blues are a better team from top to bottom and it showed. Tough game to watch; I left at the end of the 2nd for a Halloween party.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote