HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster Move Coming - Vey + Toffoli Recalled, Ellerby on Waivers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-26-2013, 09:57 PM
  #26
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,404
vCash: 500
Yes a move!!! Trade Clifford!

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 10:03 PM
  #27
KHenry14
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 18
vCash: 500
The dropped player has to be Ellerby. Clearly he's not in DS's plans, as he hasn't played a minute this season. Also carrying two scratched D-men can't be sustained, so dropping Ellerby and bringing up a forward makes sense.

Pearson is the logical choice to bring up, as he's the natural LW the team needs. But TT is killing it Manch, 4th in the AHL in scoring, so you could see him come too. Plus TT has some NHL experience and did just fine. Frankly I'm fine with either kid.

KHenry14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 10:14 PM
  #28
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,696
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
The dropped player has to be Ellerby. Clearly he's not in DS's plans, as he hasn't played a minute this season. Also carrying two scratched D-men can't be sustained, so dropping Ellerby and bringing up a forward makes sense.

Pearson is the logical choice to bring up, as he's the natural LW the team needs. But TT is killing it Manch, 4th in the AHL in scoring, so you could see him come too. Plus TT has some NHL experience and did just fine. Frankly I'm fine with either kid.
Ellerby is the perfect stopgap for the stay-at-home defensemen though. Forbort and Gravel aren't ready, and if one of Mitchell, Greene, or Regehr were to be injured this year (which is likely as all three of them has had injury problems the past couple of seasons) then Ellerby is the only stay-at-home defenseman available, and he is the only one that can reliably play the right side... Ellerby can't really be moved.

If Dean wants to thin out the defensemen, then he is going to have to choose a winner between Muzzin and Martinez.

Outside of that, the only other viable options to move are Clifford and Fraser. Carcillo has looked pretty good and it may end up like a significantly closer and less severe version of Greene vs. Teubert. Just a veteran player that is better at the job and more capable at the moment. As for Fraser, it is about time he went out to pasture, though he is arguably the best guy to keep around as the extra forward.

It may ultimately depend on the market. I am sure Dean thinks all of his guys are worth at least a late pick. Before he waives them for free, he will probably shop a couple around to open up a spot. Depending on who bites and who they want, who knows how that spot will open.

__________________

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 10:25 PM
  #29
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
I'm betting my 500 vcash it's Toffoli! Any takers???

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 10:28 PM
  #30
FootKnight
This ****ing team
 
FootKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
If Richards can play left wing and Carter can play center, then Toffoli might get a chance. Either that or Sutter needs to suck it up and put someone on the left wing and keep them there and give them adequate time to adjust to the position.
Aren't those two scenarios the same thing? Just with Richards named as the guy that gets kept on LW in the former?

I really don't think we want to try to force Richards to play wing.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 10:31 PM
  #31
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,404
vCash: 500
Any more updates?

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 10:45 PM
  #32
Whiskeypete
Registered User
 
Whiskeypete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: stuck in the middle
Country: United States
Posts: 2,426
vCash: 500
so many moving parts to make a call.

if ellerby is waived and sent to MAN this imo is the least 'loss' to the team in the long run. if he's picked up then it isn't that big of a loss.

he could trade either Muzz or AMart. i think Muzz would return more than Alec due to his size and the possibilities that may come with his improvement. if Alec is traded then it will D Sydor V2, the 2013 copy. i don't think he will fetch as much as Muzz, even though he was a solid #5-6 on a SC winning team. personally i will be pissed if AMart is traded, the same way i was when Sydor was traded. i hate seeing the guy sit and be a scapegoat though.

i think Clifford could return something. there always has been very good interest for him. yes he is one of the only natural LWs on the team and in the system, but i honestly think Clifford keeps regressing. i can't believe i'm saying this but i would be fine with Clifford moving on. why to come later

i agree with others though that Dean needs to move some of the redundant grinders we have. we have a glut of guys that filling spots and aren't providing much and the cost each season only continues to increase for all of them (i know that currently the MAN kids have higher ELC amounts than many of the current roster players). my point is eventually the likes of Nolan, Fraser, Carcillo will have to be moved due to cap room.

i hate seeing 2-3 spots tied up on a roster that can be used to mentor young prospects into a team. there should a regular process of these kids coming in 1-2 at a time for the proverbial 'cup of coffee'. it provides a two way exchange for the org and the player to learn and evolve. right now and for years this 'pipeline' has been shut off. it is time for this be opened again. perhaps if this had happened a few years back one of our LW spots would be filled by Bud and the LW woes would be slightly less.

like others i think it will Pearson, BUT..... it may be TTT if they try sliding 10 to LW and 77 to C. at this point then it will be 73 skating RW on that line. honestly though i don't see that happening. i also don't like the message it sends to Tyler after he had a very good late season stint with the team. it could F with his mind.

i think Pearson gets the call and he skates on the top line with 11 and 14. Brown still isn't up to top form to be skating the top line. i also like having him down with the third line to bring some talent and balance that line has lacked for far to long.

how this shakes out in the long run though, may be the beginning of a substantial overhaul. DL could make a big move by packaging Stoll-Clifford-Martinez/Muzzin-any 4th line plugger. he could clear over $5M in cap room by moving just three of them. once done then he has room to reslot guys into their natural spots and clears room for a deadline deal. what it means is they reload with some youth and deal with some bumps in the road, and us idiots that over criticize everything.

Pearson-Kopi-JW
Frattin-Carter-TTT
King-Richards-Brown
Lewis-AndyA-X

X = Nolan, Carcillo
Frattin/Brown can easily be swapped as needed. i would like to see Brown on the #2 line to provide that size and grind down low. Frattin could go into that line against speedier teams.

i know most hate it. i know Sutter would never commit to it. hell he wouldn't put that many rookies out there together at once. short term there would be some rough patches, but in the long term this WILL be close to what LA plays every night.

rip away

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 10:47 PM
  #33
KHenry14
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 18
vCash: 500
You can make the argument for dumping Fraser, I mean Andreoff out played him in camp and Fraser hasn't shown much in league play so far, so bringing up Andy could make sense.

And while I understand what you are saying, you are talking about a 2nd back-up D-man who may or may not ever get a chance to play. In case a D-man is needed, IMO, Bodnarchuk is ready to play that role if need be. Plus, I just don't think we can afford to carry two scratched d-men. Very few teams run with two sub d-men, and I don't think the Kings in the long run want to stay with two extra d-men. If that's the case, Martinez or Muzzin are far better choices to be the extra guy than Ellerby is.

And finally, there's a chance Ellerby might pass through waivers, whereas Clifford/Fraser/Nolan probably get picked up. So if Deano wants to move a forward, he will likely try to get a late round pick instead of just waiving them. I mean, if Richie Clune got picked up on waivers, these guys are certain to be taken.

KHenry14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 10:47 PM
  #34
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,696
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootKnight View Post
Aren't those two scenarios the same thing? Just with Richards named as the guy that gets kept on LW in the former?

I really don't think we want to try to force Richards to play wing.
It all depends on Sutter. We certainly don't want Richards playing wing, but Sutter has him playing wing for Frattin at the moment. You might as well bring up Toffoli if Sutter is going to make this a theme. All depends on the coach.

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 10:47 PM
  #35
KingsHockey24
Registered User
 
KingsHockey24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 2,807
vCash: 500
I'll cry if Clifford or Martinez gets moved.

KingsHockey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 10:51 PM
  #36
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,696
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Clifford and Ellerby to Pittsburgh for Niskanen. Do it Dean!

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 10:54 PM
  #37
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Clifford and Ellerby to Pittsburgh for Niskanen. Do it Dean!
Great. Then both Muzzin and Martinez can be a healthy scratch.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 11:09 PM
  #38
SFKingshomer
Registered User
 
SFKingshomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 5,165
vCash: 500
Couldn't he send Ellerby down for conditioning or is that only for players coming off IR?

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 11:10 PM
  #39
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Ellerby is the perfect stopgap for the stay-at-home defensemen though. Forbort and Gravel aren't ready, and if one of Mitchell, Greene, or Regehr were to be injured this year (which is likely as all three of them has had injury problems the past couple of seasons) then Ellerby is the only stay-at-home defenseman available, and he is the only one that can reliably play the right side... Ellerby can't really be moved.

If Dean wants to thin out the defensemen, then he is going to have to choose a winner between Muzzin and Martinez.

Outside of that, the only other viable options to move are Clifford and Fraser. Carcillo has looked pretty good and it may end up like a significantly closer and less severe version of Greene vs. Teubert. Just a veteran player that is better at the job and more capable at the moment. As for Fraser, it is about time he went out to pasture, though he is arguably the best guy to keep around as the extra forward.

It may ultimately depend on the market. I am sure Dean thinks all of his guys are worth at least a late pick. Before he waives them for free, he will probably shop a couple around to open up a spot. Depending on who bites and who they want, who knows how that spot will open.
We have Schultz, who is really the same thing as Ellerby but more experience and already in the AHL meaning he doesn't take up a roster spot. Ellerby to me is the most logical choice to be moved. For a 5th round pick.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 11:11 PM
  #40
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,696
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
We have Schultz, who is really the same thing as Ellerby but more experience and already in the AHL meaning he doesn't take up a roster spot. Ellerby to me is the most logical choice to be moved. For a 5th round pick.
Schultz will get claimed on re-entry waivers, wouldn't he?

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 11:16 PM
  #41
CowMix
Go Kings Go!
 
CowMix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Tustin, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,984
vCash: 500
Does Ellerby have any value? I don't see him getting claimed off waivers

CowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 11:19 PM
  #42
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Schultz will get claimed on re-entry waivers, wouldn't he?
Re-entry waivers are gone, are they not?

PAGING HOLDEN CAULFIELD. PAGING HOLDEN CAULFIELD. YOU ARE NEEDED ON THE 4TH FLOOR OF THE KINGS BOARD.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 11:23 PM
  #43
CowMix
Go Kings Go!
 
CowMix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Tustin, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Re-entry waivers are gone, are they not?

PAGING HOLDEN CAULFIELD. PAGING HOLDEN CAULFIELD. YOU ARE NEEDED ON THE 4TH FLOOR OF THE KINGS BOARD.
The 2013 collective bargaining agreement eliminated re-entry waivers. - Wikipedia

CowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 11:24 PM
  #44
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,696
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Re-entry waivers are gone, are they not?

PAGING HOLDEN CAULFIELD. PAGING HOLDEN CAULFIELD. YOU ARE NEEDED ON THE 4TH FLOOR OF THE KINGS BOARD.
I had a feeling you would say that the CBA changed it as I was typing. I looked it up and you're right, there are no more re-entry waivers. So you are correct. Just have to see what Dean does. I can see Ellerby being a long-term Drewiske-type option though. I doubt Schultz will be happy in Manchester forever. It all depends on Dean's future charts

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 11:29 PM
  #45
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I had a feeling you would say that the CBA changed it as I was typing. I looked it up and you're right, there are no more re-entry waivers. So you are correct. Just have to see what Dean does. I can see Ellerby being a long-term Drewiske-type option though. I doubt Schultz will be happy in Manchester forever. It all depends on Dean's future charts
Yeah I don't blame you at all for forgetting that. It's hard to remember what the CBA changed and what is still the same. I barely even remembered that.

As for long term Drewiske, I can see that but he's the 8th on the depth chart and KNOCKING ON EVERY PIECE OF WOOD IN MY APARTMENT our D is healthy. Schultz has no choice. He said he signed here because it was one of his "few" options. He didn't have a lot of offers. I think our D is just fine right now outside of Regehr and I doubt carrying 8 D all year was ever the plan.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 11:29 PM
  #46
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
.................


Last edited by etherialone: 10-26-2013 at 11:49 PM.
etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 11:41 PM
  #47
KingsHockey24
Registered User
 
KingsHockey24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 2,807
vCash: 500
Two Trades

To Toronto
Slava Voynov

To LA
James van Riemsdyk

To Pittsburgh
Dwight King
Robyn Regher

To LA
Matt Niskanen
2nd Round Draft Pick

JVR-Kopitar-Williams
Brown-Richards-Carter
Clifford-Stoll-Lewis
Carcillo-Fraser-Nolan

Doughty-Mitchell
Muzzin-Niskanen
Martinez-Greene

Make it happen Dean.

KingsHockey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 11:48 PM
  #48
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Nice.

This one is for my good buddy shellz.


Umkay.
Do you know something that you're not telling us punk lol.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 11:48 PM
  #49
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsHockey24 View Post
Two Trades

To Toronto
Slava Voynov

To LA
James van Riemsdyk

To Pittsburgh
Dwight King
Robyn Regher

To LA
Matt Niskanen
2nd Round Draft Pick

JVR-Kopitar-Williams
Brown-Richards-Carter
Clifford-Stoll-Lewis
Carcillo-Fraser-Nolan

Doughty-Mitchell
Muzzin-Niskanen
Martinez-Greene

Make it happen Dean.
As much as I like JvR, no. Slava is more valuable and I doubt TML even does that with their depth on D. And people really need to accept that King won't get traded.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 11:51 PM
  #50
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,975
vCash: 500
My guess is it will be Pearson, with Ellerby being sent down.

I think it's premature to move Martinez or Muzzin. If any one of the top five defensemen go down, we'll be glad that Dean kept both of these guys.

Food for thought, if you move Stoll that opens up a spot for Toffoli with Kopitar, Carter, and Richards down the middle.

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.