HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

STU Tommies, Part 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-05-2013, 11:20 PM
  #26
SnipeShow91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantfather View Post
The Pallidins had.NO guns and should.NOT have traveled tonight!

A nice first victory for the.NEW Tommies without several players in the line up.

It looks.like the team is rouding into.shape.

I do.NOT believe that RMC is one of the country's hockey powers but did being out the best of the TOMMIES.

YEAH TOMMIES.
Congrats to the Tommies on their first win. Obviously I was there, was behind the bench for the first time in my CIS coaching career to round out there were 4 STU alums coaching in the game. We had a massive let down in the first period after the big win over UQTR, then got caught shorthanded one too many times in the 2nd after some "questionable" calls, but thats on us to kill those off. In the third we finally showed up outplayed STU.

But in talking with the coaches after the game when I was getting the game tape off of them, the team is in great shape and everyone is positive and thats great to see. Looking forward to a rematch hopefully in our barn next season

SnipeShow91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 04:12 PM
  #27
Sic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7
vCash: 500
After a victory versus UQTR , last years OUA champions , and a long bus ride , RMC played with a short bench with 5 regulars out. Taking nothing away from STU who came to play and looked good in the process.

Sic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2013, 07:21 AM
  #28
rantfather
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 272
vCash: 500
Tommies have a nice opening road weekend in Nova Scotia under new coaching team.

A confidence builder for sure.....I am told that the boys deserved a better results in Acadia having taken a. 1-0 lead into the third.

Kudos's to all for bringing this new Tommies team together so quickly .

Go Tommie's Go!

rantfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2013, 07:41 AM
  #29
cishockeyfan
Registered User
 
cishockeyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantfather View Post
Tommies have a nice opening road weekend in Nova Scotia under new coaching team.

A confidence builder for sure.....I am told that the boys deserved a better results in Acadia having taken a. 1-0 lead into the third.

Kudos's to all for bringing this new Tommies team together so quickly .

Go Tommie's Go!
Not to rain the parade cause it was a Successful weekend for STU but hard to say they deserved better results vs an Acadia team that fired 60 shots in a hockey game at them, if anything maybe Acadia deserved better results....just saying. But congrats a split road trip to NS, and a minus 1 in the GF/GA ratio is certainly a great start under Pat Powers

cishockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2013, 10:02 AM
  #30
rantfather
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 272
vCash: 500
Further clarification!

Tommies score first and LEAD Acadia for 46:13 of the game ie over two.periods of play on the road...HOORAY for them!

New Coaches,New players ,retuening players and Olympic size rink.......BETTER THAN JUST AN OK BEGINNING.

The new coaching staff,ALL FORMER TOMMIES OF SOME RENOWN have readers these players to.compete in a VERY COMPETITIVE CONFERENCE of CIS HOCKEY and the best is yet to be seen.

Kudo's to ALL coaches and ALL players for.an excellent start to the season and on beating Dalhousie the next night in Halifax.

GO TOMMIES GO.

rantfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 06:49 AM
  #31
rantfather
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 272
vCash: 500
GROWING PAINS!

A work in progress shows signs of improvement with the Men's Tommies.

A split on the weekend is encouraging as another 3rd period breakdown was NOT repeated against Dalhousie with a 5-2 victory.

The AUS is once again showing to be a VERY competitive league and mathematics might be determining final positioning.

Kudo's to ALL,coaches and players for the obvious improvement.


GO TOMMIES GO!

rantfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 07:50 PM
  #32
rantfather
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 272
vCash: 500
BREAK UP THE TOMMIES!

An outstanding accomplishments by the NEW TOMMIES TEAM.

Saving their best to.beat one day of the best is JUST GREAT.

The new coaching staff is to be commended for their efforts with this new team in a rebuilding get year.

GO TOMMIES GO!

Barry Collrin,BA. 68

rantfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 09:40 AM
  #33
Prov1X
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fredericton NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 248
vCash: 500
Just as I am praising the progress of the Tommies this year, things seem to be starting unravel a bit, back to back lopsided losses and frustration seems to be showing with JG.

Quote:
I've never been more embarrassed... I'm sincerely sorry to any fans who continue to attend games!
Not sure if it is Christmas break hangover or what, thought that they had righted the ship a bit, starting to play better, a road win vs UNB and then they seem to be back to square one. Hopefully it is just a hiccup.

Prov1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2014, 02:35 PM
  #34
Drummer
Better Red than Dead
 
Drummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Freddy Beach, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 839
vCash: 500
Big game for Tommies tonight vs SMU. A win gets them to within 2pts (1 win) of SMU for the last playoff spot.

Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 12:21 PM
  #35
WyldeMurph
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Fredericton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Looking forward to the upcoming season this year. With the 2014-2015 schedule having just been released this past week the excitement is in the air. I don't want to wish the summer away just yet even though it's windy and rainy outside right now but is it October yet???

Sad to see a few players leaving with Stephen Sanza and Mike Beaudry heading to France to play pro but I am wishing them good luck on their journey.

WyldeMurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 12:23 PM
  #36
WyldeMurph
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Fredericton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
By the way we need to get this thread fired back up again and create some excitement!!

WyldeMurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2014, 11:57 PM
  #37
Rob
Registered User
 
Rob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldeMurph View Post
Looking forward to the upcoming season this year. With the 2014-2015 schedule having just been released this past week the excitement is in the air. I don't want to wish the summer away just yet even though it's windy and rainy outside right now but is it October yet???

Sad to see a few players leaving with Stephen Sanza and Mike Beaudry heading to France to play pro but I am wishing them good luck on their journey.
Yeah, those are a couple of tough loses. Good recruiting class though. Looks like they will be carrying three goalies this season.

Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2014, 09:51 AM
  #38
Prov1X
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fredericton NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 248
vCash: 500
Nice to see the program starting to recruit and rebuild, nothing better than having two competitive teams to bring the rivalry to another level. Does nothing but help both programs with interest, attendance and I would even say recruitment. Here's to hoping for a successful season

Prov1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2014, 07:12 AM
  #39
TomBull
Registered User
 
TomBull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
Leaving:

M. Bissonnette (F) pro
M. Beaudry (F) pro
S. Sanza (F) pro
R. Cameron (F) Grad.
J. Bonneau (F) Grad.
Y. Cheremetiev (F) Grad.

S. Bernier (D) Grad.
I. Saab (D) AC (academic causality)
J. Thomas (D) AC

Also looks like John MacDonald and Alex Leduc are not returning, as well as Jon Groenheyde and Alex St-Arnaud.

The returning forwards will be Rob Zandbeek, Colin Martin, Brendan Childerley, Jason Trott, and Kody Orr.

Coming:

ST THOMAS
G- Tyson Teichmann (Wellington, OJHL) Confirmed

F- Rankyn Campbell (Miramichi, MHL) Confirmed
F- Jason Cameron (Saint John, QMJHL) Confirmed
F- Bryce Milson (Miramichi, MHL) Confirmed
F- JC Campagna (Moncton, QMJHL)
F- Andrew Fritsch (Sault Ste. Marie, OHL) Confirmed
F- Matt MacLoed (North Bay, OHL) Confirmed
F- Steven Janes (Windsor, OHL) Confirmed
F- Connor Sanvido (Saskatoon, WHL) Confirmed
F- Tyson Fawcett (Barrie, OHL)
F- Shane McColgan (Kelowna, WHL) Confirmed

D- Eric Diodati (Windsor, OHL) Confirmed
D- Zach Hodder (Coquitlam, BCHL) Confirmed

The Tommies were at the roster cap of 22 skaters after Christmas of 13/14. As it stands now they have 9 "skater" departures and 12 additions. Powers hasn't recruited much in the way of defence so a couple of remaining forwards may be on the bubble. Derek Froats will likely not play this year because of surgery.

It will be interesting to see if all the unconfirmed recruits above show up at camp.


Last edited by TomBull: 08-23-2014 at 05:25 AM.
TomBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2014, 09:24 PM
  #40
blackmarketmob
Registered User
 
blackmarketmob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Waterloo/Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 946
vCash: 500
As I posted a few of the "unconfirmed" recruits re: STU, here was my source:

http://english.cis-sic.ca/informatio...tter_of_intent

blackmarketmob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2014, 08:33 AM
  #41
rantfather
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 272
vCash: 500
In case one missed the CIS decision on Dals recruitment and compensations for hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldeMurph View Post
By the way we need to get this thread fired back up again and create some excitement!!
A a previous poster (2013) on the subject. Ethical Recruitment and compensations for men's hockey I laud CIS and Dal for.coming clean and putting into.place some corrective and future preventable measures.

I can speak from my own recruiting history with STU Tommies of the McAdam era where rules were followed to the letter of the rules and guidelines,.I can only hope that STU's program in subsequent years would reveal.the same adherence to those rules and guidelines re: recruitment and compensations.

I KNOW that Pete Belliveauz's Dal Tigers were NOT the only schools playing loose and fast with the rules.

I believe that current POWERS to.be, Patrick Powers,Quafe Lightbody.,Dave Reynolds are doing a great.job at rebuilding the Tommies.

All schools in the AUS should be scrutinized as to their adherence to the rules......is there something wrong with that??????


RANTFATHER, STU 68.

rantfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2014, 04:38 PM
  #42
SuperSquirrel
Registered User
 
SuperSquirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantfather View Post
A a previous poster (2013) on the subject. Ethical Recruitment and compensations for men's hockey I laud CIS and Dal for.coming clean and putting into.place some corrective and future preventable measures.

I can speak from my own recruiting history with STU Tommies of the McAdam era where rules were followed to the letter of the rules and guidelines,.I can only hope that STU's program in subsequent years would reveal.the same adherence to those rules and guidelines re: recruitment and compensations.

I KNOW that Pete Belliveauz's Dal Tigers were NOT the only schools playing loose and fast with the rules.

I believe that current POWERS to.be, Patrick Powers,Quafe Lightbody.,Dave Reynolds are doing a great.job at rebuilding the Tommies.

All schools in the AUS should be scrutinized as to their adherence to the rules......is there something wrong with that??????


RANTFATHER, STU 68.
Great idea. Let's start with STU's recruitment of the dozen or so players they have "committed" for the upcoming season.

SuperSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2014, 07:05 AM
  #43
rantfather
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 272
vCash: 500
Last night's 4-3 OT loss at McGill!

Tommies got off the bus after a 10 hour.bus ride and played well and at one point held a 2-1 lead over last year's 3 ranked team.
New goaltender,ie Tyson Teichmann was OUTSTANDING a d many.of the 14 rookies played exceptionally well.
The new Tommies of size played quickly and smartly coming back in the third to force OT when a KICKED IN GOAL decided the outcome
.A couple of key players were on the sidelines but a spirited game by the rest was impressive.
Brian Main,a former Tommies.dman was in attendance as we're a smattering of LOYAL TOMMIES followers.

A great job is being done by Coach Pat Powers et all and a very entertaining brand if hockey is emerging.

An impressive display by rookie goalie Tyson Teichmann was on display and augers well for the future success of the renewed Tommies. Also the larger Major A players were a presence.

GO TOMMIES. GO

Rantfather,BA 68
STU alumnus.

rantfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2014, 11:13 AM
  #44
TomBull
Registered User
 
TomBull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantfather View Post
Tommies got off the bus after a 10 hour.bus ride and played well and at one point held a 2-1 lead over last year's 3 ranked team.
New goaltender,ie Tyson Teichmann was OUTSTANDING a d many.of the 14 rookies played exceptionally well.
The new Tommies of size played quickly and smartly coming back in the third to force OT when a KICKED IN GOAL decided the outcome
.A couple of key players were on the sidelines but a spirited game by the rest was impressive.
Brian Main,a former Tommies.dman was in attendance as we're a smattering of LOYAL TOMMIES followers.

A great job is being done by Coach Pat Powers et all and a very entertaining brand if hockey is emerging.

An impressive display by rookie goalie Tyson Teichmann was on display and augers well for the future success of the renewed Tommies. Also the larger Major A players were a presence.

GO TOMMIES. GO

Rantfather,BA 68
STU alumnus.
Thanks for the update Rantfather. Glad someone still cares. Went to the STU site this morning to check for game info and there was nothing there, not even the score.

TomBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2014, 06:48 PM
  #45
RED ARMY EAST
Registered User
 
RED ARMY EAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 728
vCash: 500
Any news on where Groenheyde may end up next year?? I would think that many teams, including the one on the other side of campus may be interested in?
Although it wouldn't surprise me see him surface back home in the CanadaWest next year.

RED ARMY EAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2014, 07:46 PM
  #46
UNB Bruins Fan
Registered User
 
UNB Bruins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED ARMY EAST View Post
Any news on where Groenheyde may end up next year?? I would think that many teams, including the one on the other side of campus may be interested in?
Although it wouldn't surprise me see him surface back home in the CanadaWest next year.
Any word on why he left? Seems kind of strange given how many solid recruits STU brought in over the summer and how they seem to (finally) be on the right path.

UNB Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2014, 08:41 PM
  #47
WilcoxHound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 252
vCash: 500
If you followed his junior career you could see that this behaviour is part of a continuing pattern. They call some goalies flakey for a reason.

WilcoxHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2014, 08:57 PM
  #48
rantfather
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 272
vCash: 500
Tommies.have goaltenders in spades!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNB Bruins Fan View Post
Any word on why he left? Seems kind of strange given how many solid recruits STU brought in over the summer and how they seem to (finally) be on the right path.
I just returned from.a weekend of Hockey at McGill and witnessed not only a pretty good Tommies hockey team but some EXCELLENT goaltenders....Both TysonTeichmann and Luke Lee- Knight
gave their team.a.chance to.win either game.

The Tommies impressed me with their speed and energy especially Friday as a 10 hour.bus ride proceeded their game and the lads stayed step for step with last years 3 rd ranked team in the CIS.

A respected scout in the building who I am.aquainted with expressed that the TOMMIES are NOT a 6 and 20 Team.

I.absolutely concurred with him.and expect the Tommies to improve to a playoff team contender.

I understand that Groenhyde was a good goaltender but the two I saw on display at McGill this weekend made all the saves but one and many more of the EXCELLANT variety.
I do not know why Groenhyde left but more than adequate replacements are at school now........No goalie worries in my books.
I have not seen the 3rd goalie who I believe was to play in UQTR this afternoon as I was returning to London for my grandsons 2nd birthday.

There is an improved Tommies team on the scene, 14 rookie which augers well for the future.
Also,it should be noted that 3 pretty.good players are in the recovering from injuries status list.

GO TOMMIES GO

Rantfather.STU 68.


Last edited by rantfather: 09-28-2014 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Grammar and spelling errors !
rantfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2014, 10:24 AM
  #49
TomBull
Registered User
 
TomBull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
Zach Hall, most recently of the Barrie Colts, introduced himself this morning at a Tommies alumni function as the newest addition to the St. Thomas.

TomBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2014, 10:35 AM
  #50
UNB Bruins Fan
Registered User
 
UNB Bruins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBull View Post
Zach Hall, most recently of the Barrie Colts, introduced himself this morning at a Tommies alumni function as the newest addition to the St. Thomas.
Never hurts to add a guys who averaged over a point per game in Junior. I wonder...was he looking for a shot at pro or something this fall? I'm sure he would have been on a number of CIS team's radars throughout the summer.

Where does that leave STU in terms of the roster cap? I wonder of that means they don't expect to see Tyson Fawcett at Christmas like they were hoping?


Last edited by UNB Bruins Fan: 10-25-2014 at 10:42 AM.
UNB Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.