HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Niko Dimitrakos on Recall Waivers, Matt Ellison & Tony Voce Recalled

Old
12-11-2006, 04:15 PM
phlacheesesteak

vCash: 500
this is horrible... why no sense of any urgency from the front office. i dont get it. i know were one of the worst teams in league so far this year so why does the front office seem like they are so willing to settle for the underaveragness that this line up reflects right now. why not send out the message that we dont settle for mediocrity or sub-mediocrity. i know were "preparing" young players for the big game but lets face it, potulny has a shot...rusicka has a looooonnnngggg shot at maybe making it some day. eager, and robatille are the only young players we have right now that i can see possibly has a future with us out of this line up minus the regulars. what are we doing here? building up player resumes for trade bait or somthing? i dont get it. that said, i dont have many suggestions on what could be done with the line up right now but obviusly this is not a flyers line up anyone is satisfied with, including myself.

phlacheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 04:19 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlacheesesteak View Post
this is horrible... why no sense of any urgency from the front office. i dont get it. i know were one of the worst teams in league so far this year so why does the front office seem like they are so willing to settle for the underaveragness that this line up reflects right now. why not send out the message that we dont settle for mediocrity or sub-mediocrity. i know were "preparing" young players for the big game but lets face it, potulny has a shot...rusicka has a looooonnnngggg shot at maybe making it some day. eager, and robatille are the only young players we have right now that i can see possibly has a future with us out of this line up minus the regulars. what are we doing here? building up player resumes for trade bait or somthing? i dont get it. that said, i dont have many suggestions on what could be done with the line up right now but obviusly this is not a flyers line up anyone is satisfied with, including myself.

And how exactly would you like all of this to happen?

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 04:20 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
OK first of all, robitaille isn't young at all. he's a seasoned veteran actually...

second, what do you want them to do? trade away players like umberger and potulny for a bunch of mediocre veterns that will do nothing than make them a 9 seed instead of 13? The team right now is doing exactly what they should be doing, not panicing and bulding for next season

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 04:20 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Beat me to it MSE... that is one ugly lineup.
Gord Hynes, Doug Evans, Al Conroy, Claude Boivin, Dave Snuggerud, Shawn Cronin, Vyacheslav Butsayev, Greg Paslawski, Andrei Lomakin, Ryan McGill, Glenn Mulvenna, Josef Beranek. Hmmmm...that rookie Eric Lindros looks pretty good.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 05:13 PM
trbr86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion of the North View Post
They just passed on Weinhandl, who is better now then Dimitrakos and has a higher ceiling. If they picked Dimitrakos up, it would only prove one thing, that their GM is an idiot.
...But, Dimitrakos is a significantly cheaper option than Weinhandl. A team picking up Dimitrakos from recall waivers would only be on the hook for a little over 200k over the remainder of the season. Where as a team picking up Weinhandl on the way down would still be on the hook for over 600k.

A 200k waiver pickup is far cheaper than a farm team call-up.

trbr86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 05:43 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Gord Hynes, Doug Evans, Al Conroy, Claude Boivin, Dave Snuggerud, Shawn Cronin, Vyacheslav Butsayev, Greg Paslawski, Andrei Lomakin, Ryan McGill, Glenn Mulvenna, Josef Beranek. Hmmmm...that rookie Eric Lindros looks pretty good.
Oh my God... and I thought the current lineup looked bad (okay, it does... but not that bad).

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Flyers_UK

One of you number guys want to give an approx total of the cap hit those players would give? It's got to be under the minimun, right? I see only 2 players making over 3 mil on that squad...

Flyers_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Too bad there isn't an answer in this years draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers_UK
One of you number guys want to give an approx total of the cap hit those players would give? It's got to be under the minimun, right? I see only 2 players making over 3 mil on that squad...
You'd think so. But since Rathje and Forsberg aren't on the IR, their salaries are still counted against the cap.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 06:35 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
this season is garbage
That is an insult to all the garbage in the world...

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 06:35 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
I think that team is better than this one. And WOW did they suck...

This is the worst team I have seen in a Flyers uni since I started following them in 1986.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 06:39 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer View Post
I think that team is better than this one. And WOW did they suck...

This is the worst team I have seen in a Flyers uni since I started following them in 1986.
Those Lindros teams the first couple years, although terrible, missed the playoffs by a couple games. Says something about the impact he had in 3/4 of a season.

Problem is, we dont have a 20 year old Lindros on this team....

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 06:45 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Holy ****!! This is so awfull I LOL'd when I read this. Look! We're playing the Flyers, I can take over the league scoring league half way through the season and it's my first game!!

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodu View Post
Holy ****!! This is so awfull I LOL'd when I read this. Look! We're playing the Flyers, I can take over the league scoring league half way through the season and it's my first game!!
That's what Crosby said.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 07:26 PM

Everyone was complaining when they thought we didn't have secondary scoring. How much would we give tobe there now? We don't even have primary scoring.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2006, 11:40 PM
phlacheesesteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
And how exactly would you like all of this to happen?
exactly, im just frustrated with the team this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
OK first of all, robitaille isn't young at all. he's a seasoned veteran actually...

second, what do you want them to do? trade away players like umberger and potulny for a bunch of mediocre veterns that will do nothing than make them a 9 seed instead of 13? The team right now is doing exactly what they should be doing, not panicing and bulding for next season
guess i had thought robitaille is a lot younger than he actually is, my bad. im just sick of seeing the entire organization be a joke for the league cause i know we're way better than that..unfortunatly, theres not much anyone can do about it right now. that fact alone drives me nuts, i can deal with not being able to do anything instantaniously in daily things but when it comes to the flyers i wish they'd be able to do something to change the way players are looking at themselves currently, and the way managment is seemingly accepting of their poor record these days. its like the team lost the respect they had for themselves. its frustrating, annoying, and frankly pathetic. of course im just saying things everyone already knows but maybe you all dont feel the same way. its just hard to take, and i gotta get it out.

phlacheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 11:13 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth View Post
Too bad there isn't an answer in this years draft.

There's never one particular answer in any one draft.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
exactly, im just frustrated with the team this year.

guess i had thought robitaille is a lot younger than he actually is, my bad. im just sick of seeing the entire organization be a joke for the league cause i know we're way better than that..unfortunatly, theres not much anyone can do about it right now. that fact alone drives me nuts, i can deal with not being able to do anything instantaniously in daily things but when it comes to the flyers i wish they'd be able to do something to change the way players are looking at themselves currently, and the way managment is seemingly accepting of their poor record these days. its like the team lost the respect they had for themselves. its frustrating, annoying, and frankly pathetic. of course im just saying things everyone already knows but maybe you all dont feel the same way. its just hard to take, and i gotta get it out.

It's good to get it out, but this is the first time in a long while that the Flyers stink, and they weren't even supposed to be bad. The Flyers have only ever had one really bad spell, and that was between 1990 and 1994. I don't forsee this team being as bad as long as that one. With the salary cap situation in the league, the Flyers can really make a positive change in the off season. As others have said, there really isn't anything to do short of trading away youth for a short term effect. I can't conceive of any trade except trading the likes of Dimotrakos for some other team's useless player in the hope that a change of scenery might help either one, which I really don't see happening.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote