HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Paul Stastny to Vancouver

Old
10-27-2013, 10:15 AM
bobbyt91
you must quote me :P

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan09 View Post
I would be pumped if Staz was extended. He's become ridiculously under-rated by fans and gives us a three line attack that's hard to contain.

The guy could be a 70pt player if he was given offensive zone starts. He also matches up against to opposition. He's just an unselfish player that I really love having on the team. Doesn't sacrifice defence for offense and does a ton of unheralded things every game that don't show up on the stat sheet.
Do you think he would resign for 3rd line duties? he would prob want 4-5mil+

If the Avs plan on giving him 3rd line type duties (which imo is the only way to go when you have Duchenne playing godly and McKinnon needing 2nd line duties to develop) I can't see him staying when there are teams out there that would pay 5 mil for a 2 way 2nd line center.

bobbyt91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 10:22 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
Do you think he would resign for 3rd line duties? he would prob want 4-5mil+

If the Avs plan on giving him 3rd line type duties (which imo is the only way to go when you have Duchenne playing godly and McKinnon needing 2nd line duties to develop) I can't see him staying when there are teams out there that would pay 5 mil for a 2 way 2nd line center.
MacKinnon is getting sheltered 3rd line minutes because he sucks defensively right now. We need Stastny in the 2nd line role while MacKinnon develops. If we extend Stastny perhaps in 2-3 years MacKinnon is ready and we can either move Staz down to the 3rd (and continue to roll 3 scoring lines) or move him for a missing piece to attempt a run at the cup.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 10:39 AM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrefire View Post
Look at what Derek Roy got at the deadline, that's your comparable for Statsny, none of this top 4 D or two good prospects insanity.

He's probably worth a B grade prospect plus a 2nd round pick, or a C grade prospect and a 1st. The only condition in which a top 4 D would even be moved to Colorado is if that D is also an upcoming UFA with no gaurantee of re-signing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHodgson View Post
Trading for UFA superstars don't cost that much, trading for a UFA Stastny? Let that sink in for a second. You aren't getting any of our top four defenseman in return unless you're adding. Simple as that.
Apparently you two didn't read the thread either. What a surprise. Avs fans are more than aware of what Stastny will fetch If he's available at the trade deadline. What you, and others, fail to comprehend is that it's October and the Avs are hoping to make the playoffs. Avs fans are also hoping Stastny is re-signed, not traded. So yes, if you ask Avs fans what they want for Stastny right now, you won't like the answer. Considering how Roy has talked about Stastny, I doubt he'd trade Stastny for any of the future packages you guys are currently offering. It'd be kind of a dumb move to weaken our team right now, don't you think?

Can anyone tell me the last time a team in October hoping to make the playoffs and in a playoff spot sold off one of their top players for futures? Anyone? Put some thought into the other teams position and where they're at and maybe you could have figured this out on your own.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 11:47 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
Stastny is a free agent next Summer. Why would anybody trade for him, now? Especially Gillis!

Gillis is a barnacle on the hull of the good ship Canuck. He is a pussey sore of the buttock and not a free wheeling trader like some imagine.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote